PDA

View Full Version : Yoakum goes from almost winning district title to possibly missing the playoffs!

txsportswriter
11-03-2012, 01:25 AM
For the third time this season in district play, La Grange pulled out a one-point victory to clinch the District 26-3A Championship as they defeated the Yoakum Bulldogs, 28-27.
And with the craziness that happened last night with Cuero upsetting Gonzales (41-14) and Smithville beating Giddings (16-3), the final two playoff spots are up for grabs heading into the final week.
Only La Grange has clinched a playoff berth.
It was at first thought that Yoakum only had to beat Giddings to get in, but that's not true if I'm reading into things correctly (I could be wrong). If Yoakum beats Giddings, Cuero knocks off La Grange, and Gonzales beats Smithville, then Yoakum, Cuero and Gonzales would all be tied at 3-2. I'm not exactly sure how the tie-breaker system works in 26-3A, but amongst those three teams, Cuero is a +20, Gonzales is a +1 and Yoakum is a -21. If it is the same as last year's tie-breaking system, then Cuero would take the No. 2 spot because of their positive points and then the final two teams would go by their head-to-head and Gonzales beat Yoakum, so the Apaches would take the 3rd spot. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong. Bulldog fans need to be rooting for the Leopards and Tigers this week if I'm reading in to it right.

KingRob
11-03-2012, 01:39 AM
cRaZy HuH?

LET'S GO CUERO!!!:cheerl::cheerl::cheerl:

Pudlugger
11-03-2012, 07:05 AM
For the third time this season in district play, La Grange pulled out a one-point victory to clinch the District 26-3A Championship as they defeated the Yoakum Bulldogs, 28-27.
And with the craziness that happened last night with Cuero upsetting Gonzales (41-14) and Smithville beating Giddings (16-3), the final two playoff spots are up for grabs heading into the final week.
Only La Grange has clinched a playoff berth.
It was at first thought that Yoakum only had to beat Giddings to get in, but that's not true if I'm reading into things correctly (I could be wrong). If Yoakum beats Giddings, Cuero knocks off La Grange, and Gonzales beats Smithville, then Yoakum, Cuero and Gonzales would all be tied at 3-2. I'm not exactly sure how the tie-breaker system works in 26-3A, but amongst those three teams, Cuero is a +20, Gonzales is a +1 and Yoakum is a -21. If it is the same as last year's tie-breaking system, then Cuero would take the No. 2 spot because of their positive points and then the final two teams would go by their head-to-head and Gonzales beat Yoakum, so the Apaches would take the 3rd spot. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong. Bulldog fans need to be rooting for the Leopards and Tigers this week if I'm reading in to it right.

Basically you are correct but there probably is a point upper limit so Cuero only gets say +18 out of the GZ win, still enough to get a spot if they beat us Friday. I hope that doesn't happen. I want the momentum going into the playoffs. Hope everyone on the LG team is well by then as we have our TE out who is a big part of the offense. The replacement #14 is doing very well but we need him on defense as he is a beast of a middle linebacker. Yoakum, Smithville and Cuero are breaking strong going into the final week so there is a lot of football left in D26.

YTBulldogs
11-03-2012, 12:14 PM
Basically you are correct but there probably is a point upper limit so Cuero only gets say +18 out of the GZ win, still enough to get a spot if they beat us Friday. I hope that doesn't happen. I want the momentum going into the playoffs. Hope everyone on the LG team is well by then as we have our TE out who is a big part of the offense. The replacement #14 is doing very well but we need him on defense as he is a beast of a middle linebacker. Yoakum, Smithville and Cuero are breaking strong going into the final week so there is a lot of football left in D26.

#14 is a beast himself, and I'd get him the ball somehow, if he starts. Also, love to see more of your razzle dazzle play's used in Cuero. Great job by the Lep's staff Friday. Yes, I do see LG firing in Cuero and keeping the "mo" heading into the playoffs. Not to mention, an undefeated record in this district would be amazing.