PDA

View Full Version : Bridgeport Bulls

Bullaholic
11-01-2012, 10:02 AM
Don't want this to sound like an excuse thread, but the Bulls may only be 3-5 right now because of some very good reasons:

Alvarado
Abilene Wylie
Graham
Krum
Princeton
Gainesville (Next week)

Don't know of many teams who have played a tougher schedule than this in a rebuilding year. Plus our starting QB transferred, and is now the starter for the #4 Coppell Cowboys.

Our kids found themselves against Decatur last week, and I hope they can make the playoffs with a win over Sanger tomorrow night.

Rattler
11-01-2012, 10:13 AM
Good luck next week. And yes your are correct that's a tough schedule. What is the winning percentage of those teams 97% or so combined.

Grahamcheerdad
11-01-2012, 11:19 AM
if you do make the playoffs you should be ready

Bullaholic
11-01-2012, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the good wishes, Graham folks. I think the Steers can go at least a couple deep or more in the playoffs. Very impressed with the QB's quick release and throwing accuracy. Good luck to you guys...

toddg
11-01-2012, 12:06 PM
the Bulls will be fine..the future looks bright!!

Bullaholic
11-01-2012, 01:01 PM
the Bulls will be fine..the future looks bright!!

Thanks, todd---and I know the Indians will be fine. I'm betting---nothing other than a gut hunch---that Coach Dixon will have a couple of wrinkles up his sleeve for the playoffs. I just don't believe that the Indians have shown their whole playbook yet---especially the passing game. As PPHSFan used to say---"hide and watch"....Good luck to the Indians.

Cam
11-01-2012, 03:26 PM
Don't want this to sound like an excuse thread, but the Bulls may only be 3-5 right now because of some very good reasons:

Alvarado
Abilene Wylie
Graham
Krum
Princeton
Gainesville (Next week)

Don't know of many teams who have played a tougher schedule than this in a rebuilding year. Plus our starting QB transferred, and is now the starter for the #4 Coppell Cowboys.

Our kids found themselves against Decatur last week, and I hope they can make the playoffs with a win over Sanger tomorrow night.

That darn Coppell!!!.....they screw everything up!!...Had Shipley not bolted to Coppell he'd have a SC by now in Burnet!....But noooo,,,he had to go to Coppell and take the McDaniel family with him!!....So, not only did Burnet lose Jaxon, we lost another D1 player, Notre Dame RB Cam McDaniel!!
Not only that, Jaxon's cousin was our QB, but lost interest,quit football his soph year, and got himself in all kinds of trouble, a bunch of linemen left or quit...it all fell apart for a while....thanks alot Bob!!!....course, I've told this story before...guess Burnet folks will always wonder what coulda been....:bigcry:

83Indian
11-01-2012, 09:08 PM

Alvarado
Abilene Wylie
Graham
Krum
Princeton
Gainesville (Next week)

Nothing wrong with that schedule. Id rather play a significant game every week than a cupcake schedule any day. Bridgeport will be better for it. Good luck against Sanger. Making the playoffs this year will be a great accomplishment for the bulls!

garciap77
11-01-2012, 10:14 PM
Bridgeport can beat the Yellow Jackets!

Extiger12
11-02-2012, 04:12 AM
Bridgeport still have the triplets?! WR #9 , WR #10, and RB #3 from last year?

toddg
11-02-2012, 04:28 AM
Bridgeport still have the triplets?! WR #9 , WR #10, and RB #3 from last year?

just #3 from last year

BullBoy
11-02-2012, 10:02 PM
Final

Bridgeport- 47
Sanger- 24

bobcat1
11-02-2012, 10:33 PM
Good job Bulls

Old Green
11-02-2012, 10:49 PM
Good job Bulls

ccmom
11-02-2012, 11:17 PM
Way to go, Bulls!!!

exbull
11-03-2012, 12:20 AM

Alvarado
Abilene Wylie
Graham
Krum
Princeton
Gainesville (Next week)

Don't forget little brother was actually the backup QB/receiver. That didn't help either. This does look like a whole new team the last couple of games though.

regaleagle
11-03-2012, 07:30 AM
The Bridgeporters should be feeling alot better this morning about their team. They are in the playoffs. It's always more fun to keep playing, and winning beats the heck out of staying home and watching.

BullBoy
11-04-2012, 05:08 PM
Here's a post from our Running Back #3Gabe Huerta after fridays win over Sanger:

"They say records were meant to broken and in fact tonight I was blessed in breaking another record, the career school rushing mark. Finished the night with 130 rushing yards and 3 rushing touchdowns + 1 recieving. Just want to thank all the fan support that has helped me get where I'm at and the past mammoth O-lines that I've had protecting me and leading the way for me, the coaches from midget to where I'm at now and my parents/family for making me work hard ever since I was little, couldn't have done it with out any of these things. Now just gotta go finish off the year good and make a long playoff run! #bullnation #RecordBreakingNight #LoveMyFans #WorkHardPlayHard #DreamChaser #PlayoffBound #EndingTheYearGood"

In my opinion one of Bridgeports greatest players to ever wear the Maroon and White, gonna miss him next year for sure but it's been fun watching watching him. GO BULLS!

toddg
11-04-2012, 05:32 PM
Here's a post from our Running Back #3Gabe Huerta after fridays win over Sanger:

"They say records were meant to broken and in fact tonight I was blessed in breaking another record, the career school rushing mark. Finished the night with 130 rushing yards and 3 rushing touchdowns + 1 recieving. Just want to thank all the fan support that has helped me get where I'm at and the past mammoth O-lines that I've had protecting me and leading the way for me, the coaches from midget to where I'm at now and my parents/family for making me work hard ever since I was little, couldn't have done it with out any of these things. Now just gotta go finish off the year good and make a long playoff run! #bullnation #RecordBreakingNight #LoveMyFans #WorkHardPlayHard #DreamChaser #PlayoffBound #EndingTheYearGood"

In my opinion one of Bridgeports greatest players to ever wear the Maroon and White, gonna miss him next year for sure but it's been fun watching watching him. GO BULLS!

im going to miss him too!! great player!!

IndianQbdad
11-05-2012, 08:13 AM
Good luck to y'all in the playoffs. It sucks to have to rebuild , but gives y'all a lot to look foward to in the years to come.

Bullaholic
11-05-2012, 10:08 AM
Again, thanks for all the good wishes from everyone---the only thing that really counts is showing our support for these players week-in-week-out, win or lose. They all deserve it because they all play for nothing but pride in themselves, schools, towns, and families....