PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill @ Lampasas

Bassact
11-01-2012, 08:52 AM
Sure hope the LH Coaches & Players have moved on from the BW & Burnet loses.

Other than Lamps record haven't heard much about them.. What do they have?

Tin Cup
11-01-2012, 08:56 AM

Very little...

LH 32
Lamp 7

Rabid Cougar
11-01-2012, 09:21 AM
Try to impersonnate Liberty Hill. I stress "try".

holcomb2012
11-01-2012, 09:24 AM
All the talent from last years District Champs are gone. Liberty Hill will win by 40+

Cam
11-01-2012, 09:24 AM
I don't know but with all that slot-T stuff going on between both teams, this game should be over in about 52 minutes.....around dinner time!...:D

panfan
11-01-2012, 09:35 AM

I think we have moved on, although jawjacking with the Burnet and BW folks has been fun. LH - don't let me down. 2 weeks in a row I predicted victories and had to eat crow and humble pie the next day. I've run out of pepcids and maalox and can't take no more:ack!:
The boys need a win, the coaches need a win, the town needs a win just to get some confidence back. Its hard to believe I'm saying that with a 5-3 record, but now is when it matters. Those preseason games didn't mean squat. We need a win this Friday night, and another next Friday night. I have confidence they can do it. Heard some of them got together and they sat down and watched the state champ game last night to get the spark we saw at the beginning of the year reignited. I recall back in HS when the coaches would show us the Rocky movie to get us motivated (not Rocky horror picture show). LH WILL bring home a W or I'm checking myself into the hospital for an ulcer.

panfan
11-01-2012, 09:46 AM
Try to impersonnate Liberty Hill. I stress "try".

OK - I guess I didn't have my coffee and brain vitamin this mornin'. What the hell are you talking about??

panfan
11-01-2012, 09:51 AM
All the talent from last years District Champs are gone. Liberty Hill will win by 40+

Please recommend a good place to eat, and I'm sorry Storm's should not be on the list! Another poster is right, 2 straight up running team's going at it ought to make this a fast game since the clock will just keep a runnin'.

Cam
11-01-2012, 09:52 AM
OK - I guess I didn't have my coffee and brain vitamin this mornin'. What the hell are you talking about??

I think....he's pickin' a fight!...

LHPfactory
11-01-2012, 10:16 AM

I think he is talking about Lampasas running the Slot-T, ...... you know LH often imitated but never duplicated.....

panfan
11-01-2012, 10:20 AM
I think he is talking about Lampasas running the Slot-T, ...... you know LH often imitated but never duplicated.....

I figured as much, but was only running on 4 cylinders this morning, so something wasn't making sense. CAM is on here instigatin', as usual.

Bassact
11-01-2012, 10:25 AM
Please recommend a good place to eat, and I'm sorry Storm's should not be on the list! Another poster is right, 2 straight up running team's going at it ought to make this a fast game since the clock will just keep a runnin'.

Country Cafe - right across the street form teh stadium has a pretty good buffet.

panfan
11-01-2012, 10:27 AM
Country Cafe - right across the street form teh stadium has a pretty good buffet.

Good - we'll try it!

Rabid Cougar
11-01-2012, 12:40 PM

I'l give you the "Trying" instead of "Try" typo. Maybe that will help you. Jeesh!

cookiemonster
11-01-2012, 12:52 PM
Best buger in Lampasas is across from Sonic at Brad's Burgers!! Alfredo's is a good Mexican Food Restaurant!!

greendawg84
11-01-2012, 01:22 PM
Best buger in Lampasas is across from Sonic at Brad's Burgers!! Alfredo's is a good Mexican Food Restaurant!!

Agree that Brads is the best burger in town. Yum Factory is also very good if you want to go to a sit down dinner.

greendawg84
11-01-2012, 01:24 PM
The Hill will win this one by a bunch , if not I think I will join Factory and check myself in .

Cam instigate ? Never heard of such a thing!

panfan
11-01-2012, 02:25 PM
The Hill will win this one by a bunch , if not I think I will join Factory and check myself in .

Cam instigate ? Never heard of such a thing!

OK - check this out, all hypothetical of course, and the horse is way out in front of the cart - just found myself thinking about it:

BW - beats Gatesville
LH beats Gatesville
Gatesville - 3-2 district

Burnet beats Llano and Lampasas - Burnet 3-2

LH beats Lampasas and Gatesville - LH 3-2

BW wins district, who gets the 2nd and 3rd spots?

greendawg84
11-01-2012, 02:38 PM
OK - check this out, all hypothetical of course, and the horse is way out in front of the cart - just found myself thinking about it:

BW - beats Gatesville
LH beats Gatesville

Thought about that one last night myself , not sure what the tie breaker is though.

Cam
11-01-2012, 02:40 PM
Thought about that one last night myself , not sure what the tie breaker is though.

I think everyone meets at Crazy Gals Cafe and draws straws!....dammit panfan...you gave me a headache!..

BLEEDZGREEN
11-01-2012, 02:48 PM

BW - beats Gatesville
LH beats Gatesville

Not 100% but I believe it would come down to point differential in head to head vs district opponents.

FB-fanatic
11-01-2012, 02:56 PM

BW - beats Gatesville
LH beats Gatesville

I definitely don't see Gatesville with running losses.

Bassact
11-01-2012, 03:21 PM
3 weeks ago I didn't see LH having running losses either.. But here we are!
The way the last 2 weeks have went down I just hope LH puts a solid game together. We'll deal with next week starting Saturday.
a few observations:
LH needs their MLB on the field this week. #4 did a good job filling in but he doesn't have the size to take on a running team up the middle all night. Besides we need him back on the outside to get the everyone back into their normal positions. Ya I know lamp doesn't throw much, but I bet they worked on it this week.
after 3 straight weeks of teams throwing it around how quick will the LH D adjust to Lamp running it right at them? LH run has been stout all year aginst the run. I betting they get it lined out pretty quick and are looking forward to playing smash mouth football again.
LH special teams will have their woes under wraps. Just refuse to beleive that can happen again with the pooch kicks.
Bright spot against Burnet was LH made all their extra points - first time all year a extra point wasn't missed or blocked.. Think they finally got this figured out and keep it going.
LH offense just continues to do what they do and everything will work out.. Cut down on the penalties and they are very good. expect this to continue. LH will throw it around a little more than usual. The passing game has been their for the taking, LH just needs to try it more to build up some confidence.

panfan
11-01-2012, 03:21 PM
I definitely don't see Gatesville with running losses.

key word - hypothetical. I'm gonna give you hall pass though since rabid couger had to give me one this morning. LOL

greendawg84
11-01-2012, 05:07 PM
Not 100% but I believe it would come down to point differential in head to head vs district opponents.

Think that is correct LH would be in with
The head to head win. So Burnet D1 , BW
and The Hill both D2. Tomorrow night will sure shed
a whole different light on this.

holcomb2012
11-01-2012, 06:52 PM

Alfredo's is perfect mexican food!

holcomb2012
11-01-2012, 06:53 PM
Agree that Brads is the best burger in town. Yum Factory is also very good if you want to go to a sit down dinner.

Agree on Brads however Yum Factory closed down a few months ago.

BLEEDZGREEN
11-01-2012, 08:08 PM
:iagree:
Best fajitas I have eaten anywhere around here.

LHPfactory
11-02-2012, 07:26 AM

Is that the mexican resturant on the water?

LHPfactory
11-02-2012, 07:34 AM
Our 8th grade boys did good last night

8th A 24-22 over Lampasas

8th B 20-0 over Lampasas

A team still needs to work on discipline and offense in the second half. It was the difference in the Burnet and Brownwood (their 2 losses) this year.

However, Lampasas, Liberty Hill, Brownwood, and Burnet all have dang good 8th grade groups. I believe these guys will give us some good football over the years. Lampasas 8th A had a kid #99 that was at least 250lbs and fast.... big and fast, good combo... He will be a beast down the road.

Lampasas and Burnet have the biggest linemen, must be a 281 thing,, I bet thats where the yettis have thier rutt.... ;)

Anyone know how 7th, 9th, and JV did?

panfan
11-02-2012, 07:38 AM

Love me some mexican food, but it and my guts don't always get along. On second thought, eat at Alfredo's, clear the stands around me and have plenty of room to stretch out. Thats the ticket, great idea, thanks!!! :D

panfan
11-02-2012, 07:43 AM
Congrats to the JV panthers in their win last night. Didn't hear the score, just that they won and remain undefeated this season. Great job guys.

LattiCat21
11-02-2012, 08:17 AM
Well I really don't know much about lampasas, and the last few weeks have been tough on LH.... But ill stick with the cats but only by a TD this time. Hopefully vance gets them rolling so we can still make playoffs

LHPfactory
11-02-2012, 09:05 AM
I beleive LH will win this big, because of point diff for survival and we are good against the run. This will not be a good indicator of where we are in improving though, That will become clear next week against Gatesville.

LHPfactory
11-02-2012, 09:19 AM
Is that the mexican resturant on the water?

Again, is Alfredo's the one on the water?

panfan
11-02-2012, 09:30 AM
Again, is Alfredo's the one on the water?

Don't know about on the water, but its north of the HS on 281 on the left before you get all the way into town (i think). We ate there last year, was pretty good.

LHPfactory
11-02-2012, 09:31 AM
Don't know about on the water, but its north of the HS on 281 on the left before you get all the way into town (i think). We ate there last year, was pretty good.

If its the 1 with the deck and the water out back we did also and yes it was good food.

panfan
11-02-2012, 09:33 AM

Hey holcomb, how come none of the games are at the new stadium by the HS? Track meet was there. Not enough seating? what gives.

LHPfactory
11-02-2012, 09:41 AM
Hey holcomb, how come none of the games are at the new stadium by the HS? Track meet was there. Not enough seating? what gives.

I was told by their youth league director that it was not in the budget to finish out that field as needed, also that the old locals like the old stadium without a track (up close to the game), and they are the ones who vote on the bonds..... holocomb may be able to confirm or deny this .......

BLEEDZGREEN
11-02-2012, 10:23 AM
If its the 1 with the deck and the water out back we did also and yes it was good food.

Yes that's the one.

LHPfactory
11-02-2012, 01:40 PM
Love me some mexican food, but it and my guts don't always get along. On second thought, eat at Alfredo's, clear the stands around me and have plenty of room to stretch out. Thats the ticket, great idea, thanks!!! :D

You can always stop by Cam's to use the restroom on the way back, if LH is to far, you dont mind do ya Cam?

greendawg84
11-02-2012, 02:49 PM
You can always stop by Cam's to use the restroom on the way back, if LH is to far, you dont mind do ya Cam?

Even better you can call ahead to CAM , he might get the Bride to cook you up some of the best Mexican food you ever ate! Then use the restroom and leave in a hurry so you can get to the game on time!

BLEEDZGREEN
11-02-2012, 02:54 PM
Burnet lost a really great RB coach to Lampasas (Bryant), I hated that the current staff didn't keep him on, he really was awesome with my son and a lot of the kids @ Burnet really liked him also. Best of Luck to him!!

Cam
11-02-2012, 02:56 PM

Don't mind at all...cept I live bout 10 miles west of Burnet!....a bit more outta the way than panfan's rectumbilious can probably hold!....guess what I'm sayin' is, "He'll probably crap his pants!"......:ack!:

panfan
11-02-2012, 02:57 PM
Even better you can call ahead to CAM , he might get the Bride to cook you up some of the best Mexican food you ever ate! Then use the restroom and leave in a hurry so you can get to the game on time!

Feeling a bit civil this afternoon, thus I shan't offend those in my proximity with thou foul odor through the consumption of latin american cuisine. :spitlol:

greendawg84
11-02-2012, 03:01 PM
Feeling a bit civil this afternoon, thus I shan't offend those in my proximity with thou foul odor through the consumption of latin american cuisine. :spitlol:

Somebody check panfans temp , the boy must be feeling bad !

regaleagle
11-02-2012, 06:16 PM
Liberty Hill by a bunch. They need to win BIG tonite, and they know it. They won't leave anything on the field, and will take no prisoners tonite.

Liberty Hill 44
Lampasas 14

Bassact
11-02-2012, 11:32 PM
28-7 final.. we'll take it. score doesn't relly reflex how the game went. LH D totally dominated the badgers. It was great having #10 back in the middle. and boy did some young players step up big time in the 4th. They've been taking some heat the last few weeks buy they sure grew up tonight. #11 tore it up on both sides of the ball, just a soph - He's going to be a super stud for LH over the next couple of years.
The team (coaches & players) needed this win to get some confidence back. Good job panthers! Get healthy, kick the flu bug going around and get ready next week!

panfan
11-03-2012, 09:15 AM
28-7 final.. we'll take it. score doesn't relly reflex how the game went. LH D totally dominated the badgers. It was great having #10 back in the middle. and boy did some young players step up big time in the 4th. They've been taking some heat the last few weeks buy they sure grew up tonight. #11 tore it up on both sides of the ball, just a soph - He's going to be a super stud for LH over the next couple of years.
The team (coaches & players) needed this win to get some confidence back. Good job panthers! Get healthy, kick the flu bug going around and get ready next week!

Its a bitter sweet win as it should have been 28-7 at the half. I'm glad they got things rolling. Badgers came out to play and took it to us for 2 quarters (good job Lampasas!). It was a good clean ball game. A bit of laundry on the field, mostly on us for holding, but all in all, not too bad.
Things were looking very shaky for us at the half. I'm glad LH stepped up in the second half, dug down deep and started looking like our old team. Carry that momentum into next week. Wells is a good kid, lots of talent.

I was extremely disappointed at a few of our fans though, who were yelling at the coaches (confirming what factory pointed out a week or two ago). I sat very close to a guy who was down right rude. Save that **** for the pro games. Telling your HS son's coach (yeah I think he was a player's dad) you the coach are getting out coached by the other team in that way is freakin' childish. If you got concerns, go meeet with him, and stand in his face and say it - yeah I said grow a pair and get in the man's face, other wise, shut the hell up.

I do think we made some bad coaching decisions, hollering it out in public at the coaches is the wrong way to address it.

panfan
11-03-2012, 09:25 AM
Somebody check panfans temp , the boy must be feeling bad !

I was delirious when I wrote that. Must have had a temp around 108 or somethin. Here youwere stinking it up over there in Llano, least that is what CAM is claiming.

Bassact
11-03-2012, 11:33 AM
Its a bitter sweet win as it should have been 28-7 at the half. I'm glad they got things rolling. Badgers came out to play and took it to us for 2 quarters (good job Lampasas!). It was a good clean ball game. A bit of laundry on the field, mostly on us for holding, but all in all, not too bad.
Things were looking very shaky for us at the half. I'm glad LH stepped up in the second half, dug down deep and started looking like our old team. Carry that momentum into next week. Wells is a good kid, lots of talent.

I was extremely disappointed at a few of our fans though, who were yelling at the coaches (confirming what factory pointed out a week or two ago). I sat very close to a guy who was down right rude. Save that **** for the pro games. Telling your HS son's coach (yeah I think he was a player's dad) you the coach are getting out coached by the other team in that way is freakin' childish. If you got concerns, go meeet with him, and stand in his face and say it - yeah I said grow a pair and get in the man's face, other wise, shut the hell up.

I do think we made some bad coaching decisions, hollering it out in public at the coaches is the wrong way to address it.

Lamp never took it to LH at anytime during the game. Only reason Lamp sniffed the endzone was becasue of a fumble and only other trip close to the redzone was due to a fumbled punt. LH TO's and penalties kept it close in the first half.
#40 for Lamp a beast up the middle, they should have had him at fullback from the start.

LHPfactory
11-03-2012, 12:26 PM
I was all ready to leave work for the game and I got held over for 5 hours... I was able to listen to Kmac some while I was writing a warrant though.

Cant miss Gatesville and the last game ever in Panther Stadium.... LH good job on getting the win, now we need to play our best game of the season, no penalties, no fumbles...