PDA

View Full Version : UIL Changes

OLE'BULL
10-31-2012, 08:33 AM
This has probably already been discussed, but I just read about it in the newspaper. Does anyone have any knowledge on the renaming of the conferences? And we are now going to have a 6A? All conferences will be bumped up an "A". 3A will be renamed to 4A if the proposed changes pass. Please tell me I have bad information. Is our beloved forum going to be renamed *********?!?!?!? AHHHHHHH :flaming::flaming:

Matthew328
10-31-2012, 08:34 AM
You have the right info

OLE'BULL
10-31-2012, 08:47 AM
You have the right info

Am I also right on the name change of the DL? You would know better than anyone!

Emerson1
10-31-2012, 09:40 AM
Am I also right on the name change of the DL? You would know better than anyone!
They would probably use the texas4asports.com they own.

********* is owned by someone else.

Z's daddy
10-31-2012, 11:39 PM
What I don't understand is why? The new 1A would be 6-man. Why not just keep it the way it is. It doesn't change anything. When the NCAA changed the D1-AA to the FSB (Football sub bowl, or what ever it is called) it did nothing. Everyone I know still calls it D1-AA. The same with this. Most coaches and fans are still going to call it 6-man. Just another stupid idea proposed by the UIL that means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Txbroadcaster
11-01-2012, 04:28 AM
What I don't understand is why? The new 1A would be 6-man. Why not just keep it the way it is. It doesn't change anything. When the NCAA changed the D1-AA to the FSB (Football sub bowl, or what ever it is called) it did nothing. Everyone I know still calls it D1-AA. The same with this. Most coaches and fans are still going to call it 6-man. Just another stupid idea proposed by the UIL that means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Actualy it dooes mean something..it sets the framework for a future real 6A IMO

DKfromDUB
11-01-2012, 05:35 AM
Actualy it dooes mean something..it sets the framework for a future real 6A IMO

What does a "real 6A" mean?:thinking:

Matthew328
11-01-2012, 06:58 AM

It's very simple, it can't be kept the way it is. 1A is much too crowded for all other sports. 1A schools are in 3-4 different districts depending on the sport. UIL has 400 schools playing basketball at the 1A level, talk about a nightmare...they had to thin the herd so to speak. I agree they could have named the new class, Class B instead of messing w/every other class but it is what it is.

Phil C
11-01-2012, 08:03 AM
It won't go into effect until the new realignment 2014 year.

Aesculus gilmus
11-01-2012, 08:40 AM
It's very simple, it can't be kept the way it is. 1A is much too crowded for all other sports. 1A schools are in 3-4 different districts depending on the sport. UIL has 400 schools playing basketball at the 1A level, talk about a nightmare...they had to thin the herd so to speak. I agree they could have named the new class, Class B instead of messing w/every other class but it is what it is.

I think the public schools are in for a shock when the Legislature gets through with its "reforms" and there won't be nearly that many 1A-sized schools left.