PDA

View Full Version : Prime Prep Appeal

Matthew328
10-30-2012, 02:23 PM
Appeals for Prime Prep's 3 basketball players ruled ineligible by the 11-3A DEC will be heard tomorrow

the players are:

Karviar Shepherd a 6'10 PF/C who is committed to TCU
Emmanuel Mudiay a 6'4 PG considered by many to be the top junior PG in the nation
Micah Seaborn a 6'5 F who transferred from Grace Prep, considered by many to be a fringe D1 player

Jordan Mickey a 6'7 forward committed to LSU also transferred from Grace Prep but was ruled eligible a few weeks ago
Shirmaine Thomas a 6'2 SG who averaged double digits last year at Dallas Lincoln and who holds offers from Crieghton, North Texas, Wichita St, Nevada & Santa Clara also was ruled eligible

regaleagle
10-30-2012, 03:34 PM
Oh that's just wonderful for all of us in Region 2. We pull from 650 "normal" students to make up our basketball team, and Prime Prep pulls from the elite around the Metroplex to make up theirs. Now that's what I call a fair playing field.....give me a break!!! What kind of numskulls do we have making these decisions, anyway. Or even allowing Prime Prep to be included in as a valid UIL-sanctioned school participating with other UIL schools on an even playing field. I just abhor cheaters, and Prime Prep is based solely on gaining an unfair advantage in its athletic programs. That is fine and dandy if they want to play in TAPPS, but not against other UIL sanctioned teams, IMO.

Matthew328
10-30-2012, 03:35 PM
Blame the TEA not the UIL

regaleagle
10-30-2012, 03:40 PM
Blame the TEA not the UIL

Read the post again, Matt. Nowhere did I blame the UIL.....only those that make these decisions. You get a C for reading comprehension, LOL.

Matthew328
10-30-2012, 03:46 PM
Read the post again, Matt. Nowhere did I blame the UIL.....only those that make these decisions. You get a C for reading comprehension, LOL.

No I'm just saying blame the TEA...UIL gets a bad rap but this one is on them...charter was shady from the beginning should never have been granted IMO

Its all a bunch of crap.

Ragin Red
10-30-2012, 04:02 PM
Oh that's just wonderful for all of us in Region 2. We pull from 650 "normal" students to make up our basketball team, and Prime Prep pulls from the elite around the Metroplex to make up theirs. Now that's what I call a fair playing field.....give me a break!!! What kind of numskulls do we have making these decisions, anyway. Or even allowing Prime Prep to be included in as a valid UIL-sanctioned school participating with other UIL schools on an even playing field. I just abhor cheaters, and Prime Prep is based solely on gaining an unfair advantage in its athletic programs. That is fine and dandy if they want to play in TAPPS, but not against other UIL sanctioned teams, IMO.

:iagree: let's go out and buy a team to win a championship, not saying they will but sure put the odds into their favor

:iagree: let's go out and buy a team to win a championship, not saying they will but sure put the odds into their favor

You cant beat that team if they get the ok. They would blow Yates away.

LHPfactory
10-30-2012, 04:12 PM
UIL usually makes transfer players sit out of varsity sports for a season, wouldnt these charter schools be under the same rules?

Ragin Red
10-30-2012, 04:12 PM
That's what I think also, everybody else has to try and build a winning team with the kids they have and do it the right way with the coach having to do his job, not getting a ready made shake and bake team ready to pop out and play pretty close to college level basketball...I applaud all the schools that do it the right way.

upper20
10-30-2012, 05:10 PM
Whoever made the decision to let them in, it was a BAD one. If they are ruled eligible, guess the rest of the schools in the District could "protest" and do something like: (1) encourage their fans to clear the gym before the varsity games against Prime Prep, and (2) send their Freshman B team out to play them. Then again, those actions would probably be against UIL rules

defense51
10-30-2012, 05:26 PM
Seems like collegiate level recruiting to me, I don't see any way this is fair in UIL sanctioned play.

CelinaCatFan
10-30-2012, 06:56 PM
Prime Prep (with all players eligible) still couldn't beat Prestonwood Christian Academy!

Matthew328
10-30-2012, 07:54 PM
UIL usually makes transfer players sit out of varsity sports for a season, wouldnt these charter schools be under the same rules?

Not in year one

mwynn05
10-30-2012, 08:41 PM
Not in year one the rule is one year unless you transfer at your first opportunity, this yr is their first opportunity

Prime Prep (with all players eligible) still couldn't beat Prestonwood Christian Academy!

Thats the biggest joke I have ever heard. You must be stoned.

toddg
10-30-2012, 11:01 PM
"On this Sunday morning sidewalk, wishing, Lord, that I was stoned,
Cause there's nothing like Sunday,
To make a soul feel all alone"

rholl
10-31-2012, 03:07 AM
If Sanders really wants people to believe the crap he is dishing out, he should drop althletics altogether. IMO he is looking to become a go to guy that Universities have to go through to get to athletes! In other words just another street agent!!! Its a sad culture!!

I been watching Julius "Juice" play from 7th grade on and he is the man. But other than him and Mick M. I dont know the team. I have only seen the AAU side. I may have been wrong and I would hope you would kick their ass. My bad CelinaCatFan. Good luck to you guys this year.

Matthew328
10-31-2012, 07:26 AM
Prestonwood handled Grace Prep pretty easy last year in Florida

Txbroadcaster
10-31-2012, 07:58 AM
If Sanders really wants people to believe the crap he is dishing out, he should drop althletics altogether. IMO he is looking to become a go to guy that Universities have to go through to get to athletes! In other words just another street agent!!! Its a sad culture!!

I honestly dont think that is his objective...maybe it is but I just dont get that tone from him or the school

franz
10-31-2012, 09:17 AM
Lubbock Trinity beat Grace Prep last year with no D1 players and Prep had their 7 foot center now at Baylor

Matthew328
10-31-2012, 12:24 PM
fireworks already starting.....Ferris HFC and AD Aaron Emeyabbi and Deion Sanders apparently got into a verbal confrontation about ten min ago...fun times

Matthew328
10-31-2012, 12:53 PM
Sanders advising DMN if UIL rules against the appeal he will take it to court

Matthew328
10-31-2012, 01:20 PM
One correction: Seaborn apparently is already eligible...the third player appealing is 6'3 guard Damon Collins...he's up first

Appeals for Prime Prep's 3 basketball players ruled ineligible by the 11-3A DEC will be heard tomorrow

the players are:

Karviar Shepherd a 6'10 PF/C who is committed to TCU
Emmanuel Mudiay a 6'4 PG considered by many to be the top junior PG in the nation
Micah Seaborn a 6'5 F who transferred from Grace Prep, considered by many to be a fringe D1 player

Jordan Mickey a 6'7 forward committed to LSU also transferred from Grace Prep but was ruled eligible a few weeks ago
Shirmaine Thomas a 6'2 SG who averaged double digits last year at Dallas Lincoln and who holds offers from Crieghton, North Texas, Wichita St, Nevada & Santa Clara also was ruled eligible

Following on twitter don't look good. Emeyabbi said the DEC is going to have to revisit Jordan Mickey approval. And it was not a coincidence that all of Grace Preps kids ended up at Prime Prep. Getting bad fast for PP

Matthew328
10-31-2012, 02:06 PM
There were some shenanigans with Mickey and Wilmer-Hutchins that are being looked at

Matthew328
10-31-2012, 02:10 PM
Damon Collins ruled 6-0 ineligible by the SEC

There were some shenanigans with Mickey and Wilmer-Hutchins that are being looked at

Collins vote- 6-0 vote to uphold ineligibility don't look good for Munday and Sheppard. THAT'S WHAT YOU GET!!!

Going down in flames. They gonna mess around and not have a team before this is over.

DKfromDUB
10-31-2012, 02:14 PM
Sanders advising DMN if UIL rules against the appeal he will take it to court

What case would he have?

Matthew328
10-31-2012, 02:19 PM
No idea

Matthew328
10-31-2012, 02:44 PM
SEC votes 5-0 to deny appeal Emmanuel Mudiay is ineligible

Matthew328
10-31-2012, 02:59 PM
SEC quickly votes 5-0 to deny appeal Karviar Shepherd is also ineligible

slingshot
10-31-2012, 10:07 PM
SEC quickly votes 5-0 to deny appeal Karviar Shepherd is also ineligible

"Karviar"... really? :thinking:

Matthew328
11-01-2012, 07:05 AM
"Karviar"... really? :thinking:

Really...whats even crazier is the kid is getting a full ride to TCU for hoops and he hasn't played a varsity basketball game his junior and senior seasons...shows how important AAU is now

Old Tiger
11-01-2012, 11:46 AM
I honestly dont think that is his objective...maybe it is but I just dont get that tone from him or the school

Deion does have the best interest of the kid in his heart. If Deion didn't Noel Devine would of ended up at Florida State but Deion told him to make the best decision for himself and Noel ended up at West Virginia.

People like Flannery and Will Lyles are all about making a dollar off these kids and families and Deion does not have to do that.

marler1972
11-01-2012, 03:23 PM
Deion does have the best interest of the kid in his heart. If Deion didn't Noel Devine would of ended up at Florida State but Deion told him to make the best decision for himself and Noel ended up at West Virginia.

People like Flannery and Will Lyles are all about making a dollar off these kids and families and Deion does not have to do that.

HA:thmbdwn:
Deion only has Deions best interest in his heart. Devine lived with Deion for a very short time.

Matthew328
11-01-2012, 04:46 PM
to be fair Devine stole Sanders car and caught a flight back to Florida in the middle night..

Hard for me to speak on what is on another man's heart, but I'm skeptical of Sanders w/o a doubt

regaleagle
11-02-2012, 03:12 AM
Meanwhile, Madison and Argyle watch quietly while eating their popcorn.:1popcorn:
Krum and Hutch are munching on peanuts.:taunt: And Ferris is firing up the kettle.:stirpot: