PDA

View Full Version : Holy Bejeebers Liberty Hill!

Cam
10-30-2012, 01:58 PM
Are ya'll buildin' a new school or is that the new Mall of America??....WOW!!....I pulled over yesterday and yelled to them construction boys to stop adding beams already!!!....
Now, I don't know where the stadium is gonna be...I think I can guess...there's a big hill of dirt out there...and, I'll be disappointed if that hill isn't gonna be at one end of the stadium with a big ol' panther statue on top!...or something like that....Barney would be good too!..:D.....whatever it is, just make sure to give it a fresh coat of paint every once in a while....unlike a certain buffalo out there!.....:D

Bassact
10-30-2012, 02:21 PM
Are ya'll buildin' a new school or is that the new Mall of America??....WOW!!....I pulled over yesterday and yelled to them construction boys to stop adding beams already!!!....
Now, I don't know where the stadium is gonna be...I think I can guess...there's a big hill of dirt out there...and, I'll be disappointed if that hill isn't gonna be at one end of the stadium with a big ol' panther statue on top!...or something like that....Barney would be good too!..:D.....whatever it is, just make sure to give it a fresh coat of paint every once in a while....unlike a certain buffalo out there!.....:D

No paint - it will be PURPLE NEON lights with Bright GOLD flashing eyes. Everytime the eyes flash everyone in Burnet county will hear a Panther scream!

greendawg84
10-30-2012, 02:40 PM
No paint - it will be PURPLE NEON lights with Bright GOLD flashing eyes. Everytime the eyes flash everyone in Burnet county will hear a Panther scream!

:crazy: Glad I dont live in district , them gots to be some large School Taxes.

panfan
10-30-2012, 03:18 PM

Its a biggun alright. Those new beams going up look to be for the gym and or possible performing arts? hall? Hell I don't know, but it ought to be nice when its done. Now if they will just build an overhead walkway over 29, I can sell my kid's cars, cancel their insurance, and go fishin' !.

greendawg84
10-30-2012, 04:07 PM
Just glad that LH is getting a new facility . One would think that 2 SC's would have gotten you one sooner , cant wait to break it in next year.

LHPfactory
10-30-2012, 04:16 PM
I wish I owned that house and land right in front of the new school and stadium.... I would bull doze it down and open a huge 2 story Dairy Queen, would make a fortune$$$$$$

panfan
10-30-2012, 04:23 PM

why have ya'll not started a Burnet Llano thread? Huh?

Bassact
10-30-2012, 04:27 PM

Burnet got the W over LH.. Nothing else counts, their season ended today they'd be happy happy happy!

BLEEDZGREEN
10-30-2012, 04:56 PM

There's probably 1 or 2 Llano posters I have ever seen on here plus they are to sensitive when it comes to this forum. It's not the same as chopping it up with the LH folks.;)

Cam
10-30-2012, 05:00 PM

I don't know how!..Why haven't ya'll started a LH Lamp thread?....:D

Cam
10-30-2012, 05:09 PM
There's probably 1 or 2 Llano posters I have ever seen on here plus they are to sensitive when it comes to this forum. It's not the same as chopping it up with the LH folks.;)

Oh really? Sensitive?.....set up the thread BLEEDZ!!....Greendawg is dyin' to ruffle some feathers!........I'm stayin' out of it!

panfan
10-30-2012, 05:17 PM
I don't know how!..Why haven't ya'll started a LH Lamp thread?....:D

Still licking our wounds. Besides I don't know how either. :D

hollywood
10-30-2012, 09:31 PM

A very good friend of mine is responsible for that project! First class work!!

toddg
10-31-2012, 12:58 AM

Figures...PanJacketWood!! LOL!!

hollywood
10-31-2012, 06:51 AM
Figures...PanJacketWood!! LOL!!

LOL. No, seriously. Firm does work all over the state. You should see what they did for Brownwood ISD. Now that place needed a face lift. Lol

panfan
10-31-2012, 07:31 AM

Well when it is all said and done, it looks like it should be an extremely nice school. Looks like his firm is doing a great job thus far.

greendawg84
10-31-2012, 08:40 AM
Burnet got the W over LH.. Nothing else counts, their season ended today they'd be happy happy happy!

Is there anything else that matters !

panfan
10-31-2012, 08:45 AM

Between these two schools, not really. Claiming bragging rights til the next year rolls around is a big deal.

Bassact
10-31-2012, 09:35 AM

Yes.. If LH isn't playing in the middle of Dec. it's a disappointment..

panfan
10-31-2012, 10:19 AM
Yes.. If LH isn't playing in the middle of Dec. it's a disappointment..

I'm being quietly optimistic that the stars align, LH wins its last two to redeem themselves from two disappointing losses in district and they go a few rounds deep into the playoffs, not into December, but at least a couple rounds deep.

Bassact
10-31-2012, 10:37 AM
I'm being quietly optimistic that the stars align, LH wins its last two to redeem themselves from two disappointing losses in district and they go a few rounds deep into the playoffs, not into December, but at least a couple rounds deep.

Until the last 2 weeks I thought playing on Thanksgiving weekend was a real possibility. Now I'm just scratching my head.

LHPfactory
10-31-2012, 11:14 AM
Until the last 2 weeks I thought playing on Thanksgiving weekend was a real possibility. Now I'm just scratching my head.

:iagree: ................

I thought we would hit the 3rd round for sure this year, something happend to LH and Giddings at the same time.....

hollywood
10-31-2012, 11:18 AM
Could had something to do with playing better teams? I don't know. I didn't watch any of these games. Will be interesting to see how the next 2 weeks unfold.

buff4ever
10-31-2012, 11:25 AM
Could had something to do with playing better teams? I don't know. I didn't watch any of these games. Will be interesting to see how the next 2 weeks unfold.

I can't speak for LH, cause I didn't see their games, but it was a little more than just facing good teams for the buffs. Don't exactly know what, but something. I am not convinced that LG's defense is that much better than anyone else's we have played all year, and we hadn't been held below 20 before LG. If we even score 14 that game could have gone either way, but our defense finally let down after holding them to 17 into the 4th. If we get our offense rolling in the next couple games again, then we are still someone that most teams will have trouble beating.

LH has really surprised me in the last couple weeks as well. Didn't see either of those being a problem for LH, maybe it is a matchup thing with Brownwood, and rivalry and understanding of LH offense with Burnet.

panfan
10-31-2012, 11:30 AM
I can't speak for LH, cause I didn't see their games, but it was a little more than just facing good teams for the buffs. Don't exactly know what, but something. I am not convinced that LG's defense is that much better than anyone else's we have played all year, and we hadn't been held below 20 before LG. If we even score 14 that game could have gone either way, but our defense finally let down after holding them to 17 into the 4th. If we get our offense rolling in the next couple games again, then we are still someone that most teams will have trouble beating.

LH has really surprised me in the last couple weeks as well. Didn't see either of those being a problem for LH, maybe it is a matchup thing with Brownwood, and rivalry and understanding of LH offense with Burnet.

some of it is simply due to injuries of key players. BUT, that is not the sole issue.

wimbo_pro
10-31-2012, 11:35 AM
Pull it together, LH. It aint over yet.

LHPfactory
10-31-2012, 12:47 PM

Na, Bwood is between mediocre and good and Burnet still has a long way to go..... Not insulting, just stating what I observed, we made them both look fantastic though.

greendawg84
10-31-2012, 01:22 PM
I think that the match up thing is the biggest factor , Shipley has figured out how to defend the Slot , Jones is a former assistant that spent many years under Shipley learning. I for sure do not think Burnet is a better team than LH , but I think we had a good game plan going in. Jones and Shipley were and still remain really good friends , I would bet that after BW beat LH that there were a few phone calls between the two. Until Jones leaves I think that Burnet will always play LH to close scoring games. If my facts are correct Shipley is 8 - 1 against LH . JMHO

Oh Factory , if BW is mediocre to good and Burnet has a LONG ways to go( not that I disagree ) where does that put LH ? Sorry , could not resist and wanted to beat CAM to it.

:D

Cam
10-31-2012, 01:40 PM
So, Factory, when you movin' that 8th grader of yours to Burnet?..:D
What position does he play? Sure wish I coulda been there for the 8th grade game...but, gotta follow my boy!..who, by the way, had his cast taken off yesterday!...Yea!!

BwdLion73
10-31-2012, 01:58 PM
Na, Bwood is between mediocre and good and Burnet still has a long way to go..... Not insulting, just stating what I observed, we made them both look fantastic though.

Thank you for your help, you really made our kids feel good.

Bassact
10-31-2012, 02:42 PM
I think that the match up thing is the biggest factor , Shipley has figured out how to defend the Slot , Jones is a former assistant that spent many years under Shipley learning. I for sure do not think Burnet is a better team than LH , but I think we had a good game plan going in. Jones and Shipley were and still remain really good friends , I would bet that after BW beat LH that there were a few phone calls between the two. Until Jones leaves I think that Burnet will always play LH to close scoring games. If my facts are correct Shipley is 8 - 1 against LH . JMHO

Oh Factory , if BW is mediocre to good and Burnet has a LONG ways to go( not that I disagree ) where does that put LH ? Sorry , could not resist and wanted to beat CAM to it.

1-2 in district, looking at a 500 season and starting off season early. and have a long long long way to go..

Bassact
10-31-2012, 03:07 PM

Don't know if Shipley & Jones talked or not - but from what I saw I doubt it.. These were 2 completely different games - Only thing Burnet did that may have resembled Brownwood was kick away from #17 on KO.. BW messed up once and he made them pay - Burnet did the same but got enough of him to push him out of bounds after about a 40 yard return..
BW lined up an beat LH at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball
Burnet spread the field and made the LH D look like didn't know what they were doing. Burnets D did make a few stops but it was usually after LH put themselves in a hole with a penalty.

panfan
10-31-2012, 03:40 PM
Don't know if Shipley & Jones talked or not - but from what I saw I doubt it.. These were 2 completely different games - Only thing Burnet did that may have resembled Brownwood was kick away from #17 on KO.. BW messed up once and he made them pay - Burnet did the same but got enough of him to push him out of bounds after about a 40 yard return..
BW lined up an beat LH at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball
Burnet spread the field and made the LH D look like didn't know what they were doing. Burnets D did make a few stops but it was usually after LH put themselves in a hole with a penalty.

Hudl is a great thing - you can go back and see what happened. Changes your take on the game. Dawgs scored twice on pass plays where defender fell down. Why he fell down, who knows, tripped, whatever, but he was there, up until he fell down. Overall, defense didn't do too terribly bad. Not great, but not too bad.

Offense - was hot and cold, they would string together great drives, then next time around go 3 and out. We've seen them play much better, and when they did, collectively as a team, they were/are good.

Against BW, AGREE we got manhandled at the offensive and defensive lines - plain and simple.

BwdLion73
10-31-2012, 03:52 PM
#17 was scarey. A funny thing after the game was our radio broadcast caught our kicker after the game and ask him about the kick. His quote was "Coach Shipley said he would let me kick it deep as long as I kicked it away from 17....I think I got some running to do in the morning"!

BLEEDZGREEN
10-31-2012, 04:34 PM
Hudl is a great thing - you can go back and see what happened. Changes your take on the game. Dawgs scored twice on pass plays where defender fell down. Why he fell down, who knows, tripped, whatever, but he was there, up until he fell down. Overall, defense didn't do too terribly bad. Not great, but not too bad.

Offense - was hot and cold, they would string together great drives, then next time around go 3 and out. We've seen them play much better, and when they did, collectively as a team, they were/are good.

Against BW, AGREE we got manhandled at the offensive and defensive lines - plain and simple.

That DB looked like his feet got tangled up from where I was sitting, I believe he misjudged the air underneath the pass then tried to recover resulting in him slipping to the ground & the receiver being wide open and walking into the endzone. Or it was our little gremlins that we release onto the field before the visiting teams show up that got him. :evillol:

panfan
10-31-2012, 05:00 PM
That DB looked like his feet got tangled up from where I was sitting, I believe he misjudged the air underneath the pass then tried to recover resulting in him slipping to the ground & the receiver being wide open and walking into the endzone. Or it was our little gremlins that we release onto the field before the visiting teams show up that got him. :evillol:

Dang it, knew it wasn't as simple as he tripped. Tell me where to get some of those turf gremlins so I can let them loose for Gatesville game!

LHPfactory
11-01-2012, 06:15 AM
What position does he play? Sure wish I coulda been there for the 8th grade game...but, gotta follow my boy!..who, by the way, had his cast taken off yesterday!...Yea!!

The current plan is to open a buffet in LH to lure some of those giant 8th grade linemen to Williamson County... :)

I swear your 8th grade line is bigger than the varstity.

LHPfactory
11-01-2012, 06:41 AM
Thank you for your help, you really made our kids feel good.

Dont be getting all sensitive, BW is getting better each week and will probably peak right about play off time, thats what you want. They will be tested this friday in a big way, if they win they transition from purgatory to being a dang good team.

Against LH they played hard and won up front, however, were only able to put up 17 points until the 4th quarter, but finished strong. I know it was a big victory but BW still has some growing to do, thats not an insult.

Hell, I hope you're kids wind up going D1 and pull off the upset over Sville, Im rooting for the Lions in this one (of course that has double meaning, that means we make the play offs as well... ;) )

As for Burnet, they have talent, but are young and still putting it together.

***** Disclaimer: It was not the intent to harm the feelings of any kids by this post, and the poster assumes no liability for hurt feeling due to the content of this post*****
********** LHPfactory LLC ****** actualy results may vary from reader to reader****** warning, not intended for sensitive kids or adults********
*************** copyright 2012 LHPfactory holdings inc*******************

:stirpot::stirpot::evillol::evillol:

LHPfactory
11-01-2012, 06:44 AM
Dang it, knew it wasn't as simple as he tripped. Tell me where to get some of those turf gremlins so I can let them loose for Gatesville game!

No, there is no such thing as turf gremlins, didnt you see cam holding the other end of a trip wire in his hand.

LHPfactory
11-01-2012, 07:00 AM

It puts em with ALOT of work and soul searching to do.........

LHPfactory
11-01-2012, 07:13 AM

Oh, good news on your boy, will he be able to get some action tonight and next thursday?

BwdLion73
11-01-2012, 07:57 AM
Dont be getting all sensitive, BW is getting better each week and will probably peak right about play off time, thats what you want. They will be tested this friday in a big way, if they win they transition from purgatory to being a dang good team.

Against LH they played hard and won up front, however, were only able to put up 17 points until the 4th quarter, but finished strong. I know it was a big victory but BW still has some growing to do, thats not an insult.

Hell, I hope you're kids wind up going D1 and pull off the upset over Sville, Im rooting for the Lions in this one (of course that has double meaning, that means we make the play offs as well... ;) )

***** Disclaimer: It was not the intent to harm the feelings of any kids by this post, and the poster assumes no liability for hurt feeling due to the content of this post*****
********** LHPfactory LLC ****** actualy results may vary from reader to reader****** warning, not intended for sensitive kids or adults********

Sorry for the misunderstanding...hard to put a jokeing inflection in a sentence sometimes...not upset and sure not sensitive on this board. :D

greendawg84
11-01-2012, 08:25 AM
The current plan is to open a buffet in LH to lure some of those giant 8th grade linemen to Williamson County... :)

You should throw in with panfan and open the 3 story DQ together. Give them football boys free shakes , put the weight on them. :D

LHPfactory
11-01-2012, 08:29 AM
You should throw in with panfan and open the 3 story DQ together. Give them football boys free shakes , put the weight on them. :D

Now thats an Idea..... :thinking:

greendawg84
11-01-2012, 08:56 AM

Disclaimer is a great idea , everybody should have one , that way nobody can get their feelings hurt .

CAM ,
You better add one of these to your sig line , might keep you from getting sued. ;)

panfan
11-01-2012, 09:43 AM
No, there is no such thing as turf gremlins, didnt you see cam holding the other end of a trip wire in his hand.

He's a sneaking bastard isn't he, prolly laying there in a ghillie suit on the side lines with turf cover and hash marks, yanking on that trip wire.

panfan
11-01-2012, 09:59 AM

My wife and I talked about it and figured it should be a DQ, jamba juice, coffe house. Sugur and Dairy, nutritional stuff - cream de veggie and fruits, caffeine. All the basic food groups for HS football players.

Cam
11-01-2012, 10:19 AM

Ya can't have em'!:taunt:....It'll be exciting to see what these boys bring in the near future...But, too early to tell..They gotta be good students first!..I've seen many a good athlete throw away opportunities cause they can't keep those grades up. From what I'm hearing, those 8th graders are some good kids....Can't wait to see the 7th & 8th graders combined! The 7th graders have some pretty big puppies too. 8th grader lineman (Ringstaff) has his little bro in 7th. But he hasn't hit the growth spurt quite yet like big bro. I'm excited about one of our 7th grade defensive ends. I will bet money this kid (Jervon) becomes something special. He comes from the many families who moved to this area after hurricane Katrina (most families ended up in Marble Falls). Jervon is a really shy kid. He is gonna be one big dude! Right now, he's all legs (and big ones at that!)...He's part of the reason teams can't really score much against this Burnet D. And that's cause Jervon hasn't learned to get really nasty...he plays too nice!!....I'm looking forward to it...Finally!, Burnet not gonna be the smallest team out there!

panfan
11-01-2012, 10:39 AM
Ya can't have em'!:taunt:....It'll be exciting to see what these boys bring in the near future...But, too early to tell..They gotta be good students first!..I've seen many a good athlete throw away opportunities cause they can't keep those grades up. From what I'm hearing, those 8th graders are some good kids....Can't wait to see the 7th & 8th graders combined! The 7th graders have some pretty big puppies too. 8th grader lineman (Ringstaff) has his little bro in 7th. But he hasn't hit the growth spurt quite yet like big bro. I'm excited about one of our 7th grade defensive ends. I will bet money this kid (Jervon) becomes something special. He comes from the many families who moved to this area after hurricane Katrina (most families ended up in Marble Falls). Jervon is a really shy kid. He is gonna be one big dude! Right now, he's all legs (and big ones at that!)...He's part of the reason teams can't really score much against this Burnet D. And that's cause Jervon hasn't learned to get really nasty...he plays too nice!!....I'm looking forward to it...Finally!, Burnet not gonna be the smallest team out there!

So, do we need to bring back the old days of "motivation" for players to be good students. Here is how we were motivated (yes by the coaches). C - = 1 swat, D = 2, and and F - well lets just say you weren't sitting down for a while . I got a C once in HS, never got one again. Actually was more afeared of Dad's paddle than the coaches. LOL.

Cam
11-01-2012, 10:59 AM
Oh, good news on your boy, will he be able to get some action tonight and next thursday?

As bad as he wants to, orthopedic doc said NO!....So, he's upset but understands. He had already told the coaches to give him one play (forgot what the play was). I know it is his favorite route and if executed properly, ain't nobody gonna catch him! He is going to suit up anyway cause he hates being on the sidelines without a uni....I'm real proud of him. The kids look to him to lead the way in warmups and pep talks and such.

"A" team just got better yesterday. "B" team's new move-in (Buetow) who rushed for 213 yards on 11 carries & 2 TD's last week, was moved up to "A". Kinda feel bad for the B teamers as they were ridin' him to an undefeated season. Now, someone else has to step up. Maybe that's a good thing to give someone else a shot. Greendawg & BLEEDZ, ya'll need to see this kid run....that kid is nuts! Plays a mean LB too!

Cam
11-01-2012, 11:05 AM
So, do we need to bring back the old days of "motivation" for players to be good students. Here is how we were motivated (yes by the coaches). C - = 1 swat, D = 2, and and F - well lets just say you weren't sitting down for a while . I got a C once in HS, never got one again. Actually was more afeared of Dad's paddle than the coaches. LOL.

Probly not a bad idea! I remember coach walkin' in one time in 7th grade and makin' us all line up! Kids were goofin' off in weight room (I was innocent!) But, we all paid for it as a team. And man, was that one swat painful! I recall rubbin' my ass on the benches just tryin' to get relief from that burnin' sensation!....man that hurt!

panfan
11-01-2012, 11:09 AM
As bad as he wants to, orthopedic doc said NO!....So, he's upset but understands. He had already told the coaches to give him one play (forgot what the play was). I know it is his favorite route and if executed properly, ain't nobody gonna catch him! He is going to suit up anyway cause he hates being on the sidelines without a uni....I'm real proud of him. The kids look to him to lead the way in warmups and pep talks and such.

"A" team just got better yesterday. "B" team's new move-in (Buetow) who rushed for 213 yards on 11 carries & 2 TD's last week, was moved up to "A". Kinda feel bad for the B teamers as they were ridin' him to an undefeated season. Now, someone else has to step up. Maybe that's a good thing to give someone else a shot. Greendawg & BLEEDZ, ya'll need to see this kid run....that kid is nuts! Plays a mean LB too!

Glad to hear your boy's wing is all mended.

BLEEDZGREEN
11-01-2012, 12:00 PM

Dangit, I told Cam to use that good fishing string not the cheap stuff.:D

panfan
11-02-2012, 07:41 AM
Dangit, I told Cam to use that good fishing string not the cheap stuff.:D

Yeah - he prolly pulled out his Donald duck zebco and used the line out of that. BUT - it worked!!!

BLEEDZGREEN
11-02-2012, 08:48 AM
Yeah - he prolly pulled out his Donald duck zebco and used the line out of that. BUT - it worked!!!

Lol!