PDA

View Full Version : Mack Brown- Building Contractor

Buff42
10-30-2012, 01:20 PM
I wish I could take credit for this, but I can't. It's the twisted genius of some guy who calls himself Mountain Horn:

What would it be like if Mack Brown was a building contractor:

Client- Mr. Brown, I notice my foundation isn’t level.
Brown- No one wants the foundation to be level more than I do and I believe it is on the right track to become level. You know, other companies have had difficulty laying foundations in this subdivision also, so I knew it would be a challenge.
Client- But I hired you specifically because you are supposed to be better than them.
Brown- I went back and checked and I had a great ready-mix ratio, rebar used was better than our competition, we wrapped more wire than our last job, and I was especially proud of how the mixer driver backed the truck up because he had been struggling staying on the pavement recently. I also want to credit my work crew who dedicated this job to their favorite elementary school teacher. I was also impressed how they handled the adversity of work. This job reminds me of another successful job a few years back, the Leaning Tower.
Client- But my foundation isn’t level.
Brown- Everyone I talk to, including my boss, says the foundation is fine and my work plan is sound.
Brown- Look, these are young kids doing this work. It is my responsibility to make sure they are happy. When they leave home their Mom’s and Dad’s expect me to take care of them, make sure they understand life’s big picture, keep them out of trouble.
Brown- You are not allowed on the job site any more. You are not a true client.

:1popcorn:

refereedoc
10-30-2012, 02:21 PM
Congratulations to all the T sippers and their great coach that has completely wasted 2 top 5 recruiting classes in a row. Wait! They had a season changing game with Kansas, oops I thought it was K State, never mind.

coach
10-30-2012, 03:32 PM
this is a stupid thread. FAIL

slingshot
10-30-2012, 06:48 PM
Uhhh... No--this thread is right on the money. Brown is not a coach--he functions as the general contractor. EPIC WIN.

Eagle 1
10-30-2012, 07:04 PM
:1popcorn:

Old Tiger
10-30-2012, 07:44 PM
The thought was there but the execution was terrible.

Buff42
10-30-2012, 07:50 PM

That was a stupid post. FAIL. Top 50 my butt.

navscanmaster
10-30-2012, 08:53 PM
Probably should have been more from the used car salesman angle, but then that has been overused. The only difference is that Longhorn fans are starting to open their eyes to what the rest of us have been seeing for years. It pains me to say this, but aside from their ignorant, arrogant sector of fans that seems to permeate all levels of internet-dom, their alumni, students, and true fans deserve better than what Mack has given. It took a transcendent once every other decade talent like Vince to validate Mack as a head coach during his 15 years at the helm.

Txbroadcaster
10-30-2012, 09:07 PM
It took a transcendent once every other decade talent like Vince to validate Mack as a head coach during his 15 years at the helm.

that is what it takes for every coach to win a Title...name one team that has one a national title without that type of talent.

It is time for Mack to go IMO, but to pretend he was not at one time the reason Texas was one of the top programs is just full on hating

Old Tiger
10-30-2012, 09:31 PM
that is what it takes for every coach to win a Title...name one team that has one a national title without that type of talent.

It is time for Mack to go IMO, but to pretend he was not at one time the reason Texas was one of the top programs is just full on hatingJohn Gruden

Third
10-30-2012, 09:46 PM
It took a transcendent once every other decade talent like Vince to validate Mack as a head coach during his 15 years at the helm.

Colt McCoy? Had them on the cusp and then in the title game but unfortunately he was injured first series in. Can't tell me he wouldn't have made a difference. Can't blame it all on Mack.

Txbroadcaster
10-31-2012, 06:48 AM
John Gruden

why are people so high on him? He coached like all of 3 seasons at the college level and never higher than a QB coach...he won a SB with another coaches players..just because he can scowl does not mean he can be a top level DI coach

Old Tiger
11-01-2012, 11:49 AM
why are people so high on him? He coached like all of 3 seasons at the college level and never higher than a QB coach...he won a SB with another coaches players..just because he can scowl does not mean he can be a top level DI coach

Ha IDK I'm just throwing that out there like everyone else, lol. His winning percentage is barely above .500 at .540.

IMO if someone wanted to hire an ex NFL coach I would prefer Bill Cowher over most all. Just because of his defensive background and no nonsense on accountability.

coach
11-01-2012, 03:23 PM
That was a stupid post. FAIL. Top 50 my butt.

Good point. Im more like top 25