Krum vs. Argyle
Dallas Madison vs. Bonham
Texarkana Liberty-Eylau vs. Quinlan Ford
Van vs. Henderson
Bridgeport vs. Celina
Dallas Roosevelt vs. Melissa
Paris North Lamar vs. Crandall
Canton vs. Gilmer

This implies that Celina wins district. What makes you think that will be the case?

Matthew328
10-30-2012, 01:36 PM
I think Celina beats Argyle in a very close game

firstdown
10-30-2012, 05:22 PM
I think Celina beats Argyle in a very close game

How did you come to that conclusion? You going with your gut Gibbs.

Matthew328
10-30-2012, 07:56 PM
its a pick em game based on what I've seen...I give Celina a slight edge because of their senior leadership, overall Argyle is a younger team and the game is in Celina...on paper its a dead heat to me...

firstdown
10-30-2012, 08:34 PM
its a pick em game based on what I've seen...I give Celina a slight edge because of their senior leadership, overall Argyle is a younger team and the game is in Celina...on paper its a dead heat to me...

Gotcha. I think this one will be a coming out party for Argyle

regaleagle
10-30-2012, 09:30 PM
Gotcha. I think this one will be a coming out party for Argyle

I feel very good about Argyle's chances too, firstdown. But don't underestimate this Celina team....they have 2 weeks off to get ready for us, and they should by all accounts be undefeated now. I also call the game a dead heat toss-up, with turnovers/penalties making the difference. Two very good defenses going at it, trying to stop the other team's spread that has a very good running game mixed in will make this game a definite playoff atmosphere like you would normally get for the region final. Too bad both teams will have to play each other again before the final to determine which one advances. I don't see either team dominating this game and the scoreboard. If one team gets up by 2 TD's on the other, I feel the gap will close back to within a touchdown by crunchtime of late in the 4th. I do expect to see a mid-30's to low 40's type offensive output from each team. No doubt this should be the best game in 3A in week 10. The stadium will be standing room only. It'll be tough for Argyle to win at Celina that night. The crowd and noise will be absolutely crazy!!!! Good luck to both teams

hollywood
10-30-2012, 09:38 PM
I feel very good about Argyle's chances too, firstdown. But don't underestimate this Celina team....they have 2 weeks off to get ready for us, and they should by all accounts be undefeated now. I also call the game a dead heat toss-up, with turnovers/penalties making the difference. Two very good defenses going at it, trying to stop the other team's spread that has a very good running game mixed in will make this game a definite playoff atmosphere like you would normally get for the region final. Too bad both teams will have to play each other again before the final to determine which one advances. I don't see either team dominating this game and the scoreboard. If one team gets up by 2 TD's on the other, I feel the gap will close back to within a touchdown by crunchtime of late in the 4th. I do expect to see a mid-30's to low 40's type offensive output from each team. No doubt this should be the best game in 3A in week 10. The stadium will be standing room only. It'll be tough for Argyle to win at Celina that night. The crowd and noise will be absolutely crazy!!!! Good luck to both teams

Honest question... Is this game in 2 weeks? nm

This is going to be agreat game! I have family close to Celina. Would love to make it. I'll work on it. ;)

regaleagle
10-30-2012, 09:48 PM
Yeah, I know it's only Week 9 and this game will be played in Week 10. But there's also a Gainesville/Krum GOTW thread for this week. Celina has their bye week this week, and Argyle plays Aubrey in Argyle. So we kinda jumped the gun right into next week's game, LOL.

Old&Crusty
10-31-2012, 06:24 AM
I hope the Celina crowd does get into the game, and early. The crazy noise is rare anymore. I've been at recent games where a Bobcat makes a great play and there is little crowd noise. I look around at the crowd and many are just gossiping and laughing, oblivious to the game. The stands have become a place for a social gathering rather than stands filled with crazy fans. There are still some that try to get the crowd going. God bless'em! To be great, the boys on the field have got to be hungry for a win and so do the fans.