Borger vs. Shallowater
Pecos vs. Monahans
Vernon vs. Springtown
Alvarado vs. Gatesville

I would take Springtown.

hollywood
10-30-2012, 12:32 PM
Glen Rose vs. Graham would be a salty area round matchup

Yes it would. Having watched both, Glen Rose should win by 14.

Btw, thanks for putting this together!

Matthew328
10-30-2012, 12:37 PM
I would take Springtown.

Springtown/Vernon is a pick em game for me

ccmom
10-30-2012, 12:38 PM
Yes it would. Having watched both, Glen Rose should win by 14.

Btw, thanks for putting this together!

Which week did you see Graham? Was it the Brownwood game?

I am hoping for a chance to see GR play this season. Maybe it will work out down the road somewhere.

83Indian
10-30-2012, 01:10 PM
Round 3:

DIVISION I Reg Final
Abilene Wylie vs. Stephenville

DIVISION II Area Finals
Midland Greenwood vs. Glen Rose
Shallowater vs. Alvarado

This would be awesome for District 7 if it happens

Deuce
10-30-2012, 01:26 PM
This would be awesome for District 7 if it happens

Hopefully Graham will have a little something to say about that!

DKfromDUB
10-30-2012, 01:31 PM
Round 3:

DIVISION I Reg Final
Abilene Wylie vs. Stephenville

DIVISION II Area Finals
Midland Greenwood vs. Glen Rose
Shallowater vs. Alvarado

:iagree:

83Indian
10-30-2012, 01:33 PM
Hopefully Graham will have a little something to say about that!

Glen Rose may surprise you. They are as good as Stephenville offensively IMO. Alvarado will be a struggle each week based on our style of play. Graham looks pretty good too. No gimmie games for Alvarado like the last couple of years in the D1 bracket.

Deuce
10-30-2012, 01:48 PM
Glen Rose may surprise you. They are as good as Stephenville offensively IMO. Alvarado will be a struggle each week based on our style of play. Graham looks pretty good too. No gimmie games for Alvarado like the last couple of years in the D1 bracket.

They will not surprise me. I know they are good. I just think Graham's D has come a long way since it's loss to Wylie. Their secondary is pretty solid. Have to get past round 1 though first.

GrTigers6
10-30-2012, 02:50 PM
Glen Rose vs. Graham would be a salty area round matchup

Yes it would especially considering the love between the two schools! LOL

BEAST
10-30-2012, 04:25 PM
DIVISION I
Pampa vs. Andrews
Clint Mountain View vs. Abilene Wylie
Burkburnett vs. Kennedale
Stephenville vs. Burnet

DIVISION II
Dalhart vs. Lubbock Estacado
Clint vs. Midland Greenwood
Graham vs. Lake Worth
Glen Rose vs. Brownwood
Borger vs. Shallowater
Pecos vs. Monahans
Vernon vs. Springtown
Alvarado vs. Gatesville

I agree but with 2 changes. It will be Gatesville vs. Glen Rose and Brownwood vs. Alvarado. JMO

BEAST

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-30-2012, 06:44 PM
I agree but with 2 changes. It will be Gatesville vs. Glen Rose and Brownwood vs. Alvarado. JMO

BEAST
What scenario makes that happen?

toddg
10-30-2012, 06:54 PM
What scenario makes that happen?

If Brownwood beats GV, they both win their last district game, and burnet wins their remaining games with llano and lampassas

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-30-2012, 06:57 PM
If Brownwood beats GV, they both win their last district game, and burnet wins their remaining games with llano and lampassas

I gotcha..

hollywood
10-30-2012, 08:45 PM

BEAST

I hope Brownwood does win! Either way, tough draw first round.

I think Brownwood would match up better against Alvarado since they are a heavy run team. Their defense is their strength.

Glen Rose can execute the spread very well and has a pretty salty defense to go with.

Both have big O-lines and D-lines.

83Indian
10-30-2012, 09:12 PM
I hope Brownwood does win! Either way, tough draw first round.

I think Brownwood would match up better against Alvarado since they are a heavy run team. Their defense is their strength.

Glen Rose can execute the spread very well and has a pretty salty defense to go with.

Both have big O-lines and D-lines.

:iagree:

Extiger12
10-31-2012, 08:23 AM
Would love to see a Brownwood/Glen Rose matchup, then third round matchup between Graham/Glen Rose, then fourth round Alvarado/Glen rose. All three would be dry fun to watch especially with the history between graham and glen rose.

M-town lobo fan
10-31-2012, 09:41 AM
Monahans will beat Pecos1st round..They beat Shallowwater in a scrimmage this year so Its going to be Monahans vs Alvarado winner playing Glen Rose

Deuce
10-31-2012, 11:08 AM
Monahans will beat Pecos1st round..They beat Shallowwater in a scrimmage this year so Its going to be Monahans vs Alvarado winner playing Glen Rose

Well, at least I know how to fill my bracket out now! Lol.

hollywood
10-31-2012, 11:28 AM
Found some hi-lites of AW/Graham game. Hard to tell from video, but are looking good this season. The O-lines and D-lines didn't appear to be as big and strong as I've been hearing though. Rocket factor maybe? ;)

Could be a pretty large factor if either end up playing Alvarado, Glen Rose or Stephenville down the road. All 3 have very good O-line and D-line play and are bigger... or least play bigger. :stirpot:

:1popcorn:

:taunt:

Bosqueville
10-31-2012, 01:20 PM

I don't know. That Shallowater team is looking pretty salty. Hard to judge though as weak as the panhandle looks this year!

ccmom
10-31-2012, 01:29 PM
Found some hi-lites of AW/Graham game. Hard to tell from video, but are looking good this season. The O-lines and D-lines didn't appear to be as big and strong as I've been hearing though. Rocket factor maybe? ;)

Could be a pretty large factor if either end up playing Alvarado, Glen Rose or Stephenville down the road. All 3 have very good O-line and D-line play and are bigger... or least play bigger. :stirpot:

:1popcorn:

:taunt:

Whatever makes you feel warm and fuzzy, Jacketwood. Cheers!

M-town lobo fan
10-31-2012, 11:25 PM
[QUOTE=Bosqueville;1709785]I don't know. That Shallowater team is looking pretty salty. Hard to judge though as weak as the panhandle looks this year![/QUOT

I know it was just a scrimmage vs shallowater but Monahans did win the scrimmage and they knocked them out the playoffs last year.Think Monahans has a very good chance of making atleast 3 rounds plus Monahans has matched very well in the past vs panhandle teams

hollywood
11-03-2012, 12:35 AM
Would love to see a Brownwood/Glen Rose matchup, then third round matchup between Graham/Glen Rose, then fourth round Alvarado/Glen rose. All three would be dry fun to watch especially with the history between graham and glen rose.

Looks like you got your wish for a GR/Bwd first round matchup!

hollywood
11-03-2012, 12:36 AM
Whatever makes you feel warm and fuzzy, Jacketwood. Cheers!

Cheers to you! :)

hollywood
11-03-2012, 01:37 AM
DIVISION I Bi-district 7 vs 8

Stephenville vs. Burnet

DIVISION II Bi-district 7 vs 8

Glen Rose vs. Brownwood
Alvarado vs. Gatesville

This is how it looks as of tonight for district's 7 and 8 first round match ups.

After watching Gatesville and Brownwood, both are good. Both run their own versions of the spread.

Gatesville's QB #9 was the difference in this game. Stop him, stop the Hornets. Gatesville, get ready. Alavardo will be the best team you have faced all year! Brownwood was able to have a little success running the ball and short passes. Alavardo's ball control offense will have a field day. Alavardo's TE's are as big as Brownwood's biggest OLmen, no joke. Their defense is sick! They can tackle very well and will hit hard.

As for Brownwood, I hate to say this but it's not going to be pretty. Glen Rose hung 41 on a very good defense in Alavardo and managed to score 30 against a slightly better Stephenville defense. They have been putting on a clinic all season in how to run a spread offense. They are big, fast and athletes all over the field. They are fun to watch but not from the opposing side. I appreciate good football and GR has shown they can bring it against top teir teams.

Burnet looks to have improved the last couple of weeks. Lots of encouragement next season. They know how to battle. Won't be enough against Stephenville though. If Llano can put up 34, it's not going to be pretty for Burnet either. This game should/will be over in the first half.

Anything can happen in HS football, I know. But after watching what the best in each district has, District 7 proves its has the dominant 3 in a first round sweep!

hollywood
11-03-2012, 09:20 AM
Game location projections?

DKfromDUB
11-03-2012, 09:50 AM
According to Texashsfootball, liberty hill still has a chance to make the playoffs... Can someone explain?

hollywood
11-03-2012, 09:55 AM
According to Texashsfootball, liberty hill still has a chance to make the playoffs... Can someone explain?

LH would have to beat Gatesville and Lampasas would have to beat Burnet. Very very slim chance that will happen.

DKfromDUB
11-03-2012, 09:58 AM
So was LH overated? Did they lose some guys to injury? Or just have a weak predistrict? Weren't they in the top ten in some polls early?

GrTigers6
11-03-2012, 10:03 AM
Game location projections?rumors I've heard are GR / BWD somewhere in Waco . Midway or isd

hollywood
11-03-2012, 10:17 AM
rumors I've heard are GR / BWD somewhere in Waco . Midway or isd

Cool.. Looks like a Sville/Burnet would be either of the 2 in Waco as well. Funny if both are down the road from each other. Lol