PDA

View Full Version : 29-3A TieBreaker Explained

Matthew328
10-30-2012, 11:45 AM
Here's what I got regarding the tiebreaker in this district....as it looks like Hondo, Lytle and Carrizo Springs are all going to tie at 3-2.

The district rule for a 3 way tie when all teams split is 17 points positive ONLY, which means the result of losing game doesn't factor in.

Right now

Lytle is +17
Carrizo Springs is +15
Hondo is 0

Hondo plays Lytle this week.....Hondo must win this game by 17 points. If Hondo doesn't win by 17 I think they will be in major trouble. Reason being is lets say Hondo wins by 16.

Lytle +17
Hondo +16
Carrizo +15

Lytle gets the second place spot based on tops in points. Then it reverts back to head to head, which Carrizo would have the edge on and Carrizo gets the final spot.

If Hondo wins by 17, they'd tie with Lytle. At that point Hondo would advance based on a head to head win over Lytle. Then Lytle and Carrizo go to head to head and Lytle would advance.

MUSTANG69
10-30-2012, 12:15 PM
If Carrizo is eliminated who is the D1 team?

Matthew328
10-30-2012, 12:17 PM
Hondo

MUSTANG69
10-30-2012, 01:32 PM
Hondo

Thank you. If I had read the playoff projection thread first I would have seen that.

Here's what I got regarding the tiebreaker in this district....as it looks like Hondo, Lytle and Carrizo Springs are all going to tie at 3-2.

The district rule for a 3 way tie when all teams split is 17 points positive ONLY, which means the result of losing game doesn't factor in.

Right now

Lytle is +17
Carrizo Springs is +15
Hondo is 0

Hondo plays Lytle this week.....Hondo must win this game by 17 points. If Hondo doesn't win by 17 I think they will be in major trouble. Reason being is lets say Hondo wins by 16.

Lytle +17
Hondo +16
Carrizo +15

Lytle gets the second place spot based on tops in points. Then it reverts back to head to head, which Carrizo would have the edge on and Carrizo gets the final spot.

If Hondo wins by 17, they'd tie with Lytle. At that point Hondo would advance based on a head to head win over Lytle. Then Lytle and Carrizo go to head to head and Lytle would advance.

Isnt this enough reason for any team to score as much as possible regardless of records or district standings? I understand if you got first place locked up not running up the score but why back off. If they are going to use points in anyway to decide it I say score all you can every game regardless of the team and or record.

Matthew328
10-30-2012, 02:24 PM
Thats why caps are put in place...anything over 17 pts is basically for naught