PDA

View Full Version : Z Motion's Son Earns All State

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-17-2003, 09:10 PM
Just so proud that I had to share this with my 3adownlow family!

My son Matthew Gonzales of Vernon earned All State Honorable Mention today by the Associated Press.

What an honor, I'm so proud of him. Thanks for all the support from all the posters this year.

http://www.cameron.edu/~harrison/gonzales.jpg

SintonFan
12-17-2003, 09:13 PM
Congratulations Z! Now thats one proud papa.

smustangs
12-17-2003, 09:15 PM
were can i see more of the vernon sweetwater game pictures like that one z motion has?

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-17-2003, 09:17 PM
I nabbed that one from out local paper, but during our sports banquet there will be more. I will snatch up all the Sweetwater ones I can and scan them in for you guys then post them.

smustangs
12-17-2003, 09:22 PM
thanx alot, and congrats on yalls season. of course we were dissapointed to see it go. but i start on teh offense and yalls defense is very good one of the best secondaries we played all year. the linebackers were very quick and shifty to

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-17-2003, 09:26 PM
I like for our two schools to play each other. Both towns are about the same size about the same distance from a big city and have great football programs. Plus "The Bowl" is awesome!!!

Sweetwater has a very classy program. Great posters all year and not trash talkers. I think Swater and Vernon are playing again next year in non-district.

smustangs
12-17-2003, 09:28 PM
i really hope we do. it will be a great match up of two evenly matched teams. if someone told me that we would be held to 3 points and hold yall to 6 i would have laughed but it was a very good defensive west texas football game

Bellville22
12-17-2003, 10:12 PM
Where can I see the All-State teams?

wildstangs
12-17-2003, 10:15 PM
Congrats on your boys honor! Even though some folks thought Vernon wasn't great, I still like them and was very impressed. wink Hope to see Sweetwater and Vernon hook up next year. How are the college offers looking?

<small>[ December 17, 2003, 09:20 PM: Message edited by: wildstangs ]</small>

Ranger Mom
12-17-2003, 10:23 PM
Congrats Z to you and your son - what an honor!!

kaorder1999
12-17-2003, 10:31 PM
wow...congratulations....what an honor

olddawggreen
12-17-2003, 10:32 PM
Congratulations to you and your son Z, this is a huge honor, I know he worked hard for it!

LH Panther Mom
12-17-2003, 11:13 PM
That's incredible! Congratulations.

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-17-2003, 11:47 PM
wildstangs:
Congrats on your boys honor! Even though some folks thought Vernon wasn't great, I still like them and was very impressed. wink Hope to see Sweetwater and Vernon hook up next year. How are the college offers looking?We have been visited by several Lone Star Conference schools. We will see in January as we have a couple of official visits scheduled during that time. I sure hope to watch him on Saturdays!

Also congrats go out to Chief Woodman for his son's selection. I had the pleasure of watching him play. He is a great player and very deserving of the honor! So congrats Chief--I know your proud of him.

vet93
12-18-2003, 01:31 PM
Read it in the paper yesterday!! Congratulations to your son and to you as well. I am sure that Matthew got all of his athletic skill from his dad (and all of his smarts from his mom wink ).

District303aPastPlayer
12-18-2003, 02:00 PM
Z motion 10 out on 2:

wildstangs:
Congrats on your boys honor! Even though some folks thought Vernon wasn't great, I still like them and was very impressed. wink Hope to see Sweetwater and Vernon hook up next year. How are the college offers looking?We have been visited by several Lone Star Conference schools. We will see in January as we have a couple of official visits scheduled during that time. I sure hope to watch him on Saturdays!

Also congrats go out to Chief Woodman for his son's selection. I had the pleasure of watching him play. He is a great player and very deserving of the honor! So congrats Chief--I know your proud of him.Bein a Javelina is good wink TAMUK
Congrats to Chief and Z Motion

<small>[ December 18, 2003, 01:01 PM: Message edited by: District303aPastPlayer ]</small>

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-18-2003, 09:20 PM
I know that's right...they have been conference champs for some time now. Bad thing is they are not one of the schools that are looking at him.

District303aPastPlayer:

Z motion 10 out on 2:

wildstangs:

Also congrats go out to Chief Woodman for his son's selection. I had the pleasure of watching him play. He is a great player and very deserving of the honor! So congrats Chief--I know your proud of him.Bein a Javelina is good wink TAMUK
Congrats to Chief and Z Motion