PDA

View Full Version : Who has a chance to beat Stephenville in D1?

Navasota I think has a shot. Abilene Wylie has a chance but not more than 25%. Kilgore has very little chance but can hope. Gilmer would have to be a miracle and I dont even know if they go D1. To me Navasota has the best shot unless im missing someone.

ccmom
10-30-2012, 10:24 AM
Sounds to me like you have all the answers...right down to the percentages. :rolleyes: Thanks for enlightening us all.

Bullaholic
10-30-2012, 10:29 AM
Sounds to me like you have all the answers...right down to the percentages. :rolleyes: Thanks for enlightening us all.

LOL---sic em', ccmom. How much are you and the Bulldog faithful hoping for a Wylie- Stephenville playoff game? :D

vtskneb
10-30-2012, 10:33 AM
LOL---sic em', ccmom. How much are you and the Bulldog faithful hoping for a Wylie- Stephenville playoff game? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk4n_DDpIr0

About this much.

ccmom

25% of us are all for it.:evillol::D:rolleyes:

Rattler
I think a health AW team beats Sville by 14

vtskneb
10-30-2012, 10:37 AM

Now that would be shocking.

hollywood
10-30-2012, 10:52 AM

And you love to sniff their poop Steer.

MGAR
10-30-2012, 10:55 AM
Navasota I think has a shot. Abilene Wylie has a chance but not more than 25%. Kilgore has very little chance but can hope. Gilmer would have to be a miracle and I dont even know if they go D1. To me Navasota has the best shot unless im missing someone.

I would say Gilmer has ZERO chance.

hollywood
10-30-2012, 11:00 AM

Any team that goes D1. Anything can happen.

Realistically:

AW if Sville has a bad game and AW is healthy.

Sota if Sville can't contain their offense.

I think Sville will be the toughest out in D1 without a doubt. But refer to my first comment as default. ;)

Rattler
10-30-2012, 11:01 AM
AW will show up and stop sville cold. Final score AW 31 Sville 21.

hollywood
10-30-2012, 11:04 AM
AW will show up and stop sville cold. Final score AW 31 Sville 21.

I don't think anyone will bite the bait Rattler.

Ville-D
10-30-2012, 11:10 AM
I don't think anyone will bite the bait Rattler.

Nice try though.

I got it from here http://www.adjustedstats.com/ratings-stats/tools/txhsfbmatchup.php?team1=Glen+Rose&site=@&team2=Alvarado SMART ASS Its way more accurate that you could ever be. Its accurate most of the time but nothing is ever for sure in any sport. And at least you have some chance most have 0%. It missed the Glen Rose game.

Rabid Cougar
10-30-2012, 11:55 AM
Sam Houston State.

waterboy
10-30-2012, 12:00 PM
I would say Gilmer has ZERO chance.

You're right! We have absolutely ZERO chance of beating Stephenville, but only because we will go D2 for sure. Navasota, Kilgore, Abilene Wylie, and Carthage have the best chance because they will be D1.

db1980
10-30-2012, 12:05 PM
I think if Carthage is healthy and gets there, they stand a good chance to beat them.

Stephenville is a good team, but anybody can win on any given Friday night. I've watched video on Stephenville and I think that Carthage will match up well with them, in fact I think Carthage will hold a size advantage over Stephenville. I think overall speed will be about even. Having said that, I think all teams need to take them one at a time........any given Friday night.

ccmom
10-30-2012, 12:11 PM
I got it from here http://www.adjustedstats.com/ratings-stats/tools/txhsfbmatchup.php?team1=Glen+Rose&site=@&team2=Alvarado SMART ASS Its way more accurate that you could ever be. Its accurate most of the time but nothing is ever for sure in any sport. And at least you have some chance most have 0%. It missed the Glen Rose game.

Hilarious. Thanks for that. :rolleyes:

vtskneb
10-30-2012, 12:14 PM
Hilarious. Thanks for that. :rolleyes:

Run along now.

Cam
10-30-2012, 12:26 PM
I'd have to say Prepa Tech Monterrey!.....:D

garciap77
10-30-2012, 12:30 PM

Or 28 or more points!

franz
10-30-2012, 01:05 PM
Now that would be shocking.

shocking to you vts*^$@*

refereedoc
10-30-2012, 02:50 PM
Not everyone in Stephenville is as brazen as a select few. Most of us and all the coaches feel blessed to be in 3A so we can compete in all the sports with a seemingly even field. We were constantly competing against schools with 2000+ students and having some success in some of the sports. We feel we can compete in all of them, but not necessarily win District. We believe we have a good a chance as anyone to win the whole thing, but we also realize there are 16-18 year old kids that can implode at any minute along with injuries and other teams just being as good as we are. We respect all of our opponents and look forward to playing anyone who we draw. Good luck to everyone!

vtskneb
10-30-2012, 02:58 PM
shocking to you vts*^$@*

I doubt I would be the only one. Hope that game happens.

regaleagle
10-30-2012, 03:05 PM
I think Carthage plays a brand of football that would give Stephenville all they could handle. Annually, they usually have a couple of losses to teams that are very good, then rev it up as the regular season comes to a close. By the time the playoffs get here, Carthage has everything in place personnel-wise, has depth, and will play you to the last minute. They usually have a well-coached team that is disciplined, and will give the effort on every play. They understand and play the game with the team concept as well as anybody out there. This year they have a seasoned qb to lead the offensive attack, and always have a tough D that will hit hard and contain well. This is the team IMO that could spell trouble for any playoff team in D1 statewide, including Stephenville.

varsity parent
10-30-2012, 03:26 PM
Sam Houston State.

:fnypost: good one!

Sville
10-30-2012, 03:28 PM
Stephenville

Nothing is for sure however we are the team to beat in D1. If you dont think so you havent played us yet. Ask Avarillo and Glen Rose what its like. Being the big 3A school is nice for a change and we will take full advantage of it. The question still remains who can beat Ville? I say Navasota and maybe 2 or 3 teams max even have a chance.

Saggy Aggie
10-30-2012, 04:07 PM
Not only do I think Navasota has a shot, I believe they would be the favorite to win that matchup.

I think Carthage and El Campo have a decent shot. AW... Maybe... but I doubt it.

Outside of that, I don't really think anyone can compete in D1

regaleagle
10-30-2012, 04:14 PM
Hey Ville, I've got news for you. There are also a handful of teams in each division that could say the exact same thing about their teams. Come playoff time, we'll see how the cream rises. Or if it does rise this year. Some years it doesn't. Will this be one of those years??? I'm not a soothsayer....but I do know there are teams in 3A capable of knocking off what is considered the "favorite" in that game each week in the playoffs. And sometimes a team emerges later in the year to be much better than what was previously thought by the "expert armchairs" out there. Just be happy Stephenville is in D1 and has one less game to play to run the gamut. That extra game can make all the difference.... depending on the brackets, how it falls, when it falls, and against which team.

Deuce
10-30-2012, 04:17 PM
Nothing is for sure however we are the team to beat in D1. If you dont think so you havent played us yet. Ask Avarillo and Glen Rose what its like. Being the big 3A school is nice for a change and we will take full advantage of it. The question still remains who can beat Ville? I say Navasota and maybe 2 or 3 teams max even have a chance.

Maybe you should have just titled the thread "No One Will Beat Ville in D1" if u feel this strong about it.

HEMOTOXIC
10-30-2012, 04:27 PM
Navasota will be glad to survive region III. Division I possibilites include La Vega, Carthage, and Silsbee.

Division 2 is loaded. We should know know for sure which division that we are headed to come Friday, say around 10:30 pm.

Division 2 possibilites: China Spring, Connally, Center, West Columbia, WO Stark, La Marque, and Coldspring (a much improved Trojan team)

***, La Vega in round 1 then Carthage in round 2 in Division 1 or all the possibilites that await in Division 2!!!:foul:

OldBison75
10-30-2012, 04:34 PM
I agree with what you are saying Hemo, neither way will be a cakewalk. There is not a single possible early round matchup that will be easy for the Rattlers. I do think that if we play at the top of our game, we can beat any team out there. However, with the quality of teams in Region III, every week will be a new challenge and a tough win for sure.

One thing is certain, if we can make it through this region without any serious injuries, we will then get to face Region 4 and that will not be any easier. I just don't see anybody in any Region that is a shoo-in for Regional Champs. This will be a loaded playoff year and I expect some big upsets. I just hope we are not one of them.

Bosqueville
10-30-2012, 04:39 PM
Navasota and Carthage will be up to the challenge.

defense51
10-30-2012, 05:05 PM
Navasota, Abilene Wylie, and Carthage would be my three guesses. I have seen Stephenville play and have not seen the other three this year, so this is only speculation. Whoever plays the Ville will need speed, size, and execution to stop the offense, they are good!

Saggy Aggie
10-30-2012, 05:34 PM
Is El Campo going D1?

I think so?

Everybody seems to be sleeping on the ricebirds. I tell ya, if they get a chance to play Stephenville, they'll be tough.

BwdLion73
10-30-2012, 05:43 PM

It also says there is a 98% chance there will be several more threads started by stephenville posters saying...;)

Pudlugger
10-30-2012, 05:54 PM
Not everyone in Stephenville is as brazen as a select few. Most of us and all the coaches feel blessed to be in 3A so we can compete in all the sports with a seemingly even field. We were constantly competing against schools with 2000+ students and having some success in some of the sports. We feel we can compete in all of them, but not necessarily win District. We believe we have a good a chance as anyone to win the whole thing, but we also realize there are 16-18 year old kids that can implode at any minute along with injuries and other teams just being as good as we are. We respect all of our opponents and look forward to playing anyone who we draw. Good luck to everyone!

Now this is the first really fair and honest post on Sville I have read all year. Go ahead win state because if you don't you are going to look like donkeys.

...and if you do you are going to look like State Champion donkeys.

slingshot
10-30-2012, 05:59 PM
Is it just me or do all these overly confident 'Ville posters sound just like Rocket, et al from the mighty Brownwood Lions circa 2010?

vtskneb
10-30-2012, 06:01 PM
Is it just me or do all these overly confident 'Ville posters sound just like Rocket, et al from the mighty Brownwood Lions circa 2010?

And there it is. Well at least the downlow is consistent.

Maybe you should have just titled the thread "No One Will Beat Ville in D1" if u feel this strong about it.

Just asking who think they got a shot

Pudlugger
10-30-2012, 06:23 PM
Just asking who think they got a shot

look just win it and then you can celebrate.

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-30-2012, 06:38 PM
aw will show up and stop sville cold. Final score aw 31 sville 21.

sv 48 aw 14.

slingshot
10-30-2012, 06:43 PM
sv 48 aw 14.

Dream on. I so wish we could play you guys this year... the above score would be accurate.

defense51
10-30-2012, 07:08 PM
Dream on. I so wish we could play you guys this year... the above score would be accurate.

Sounds like a little purple envy...

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-30-2012, 07:17 PM

Hahahahahahaha.......

Football fan
10-30-2012, 07:46 PM

Lol.

Pendragon13
10-30-2012, 07:49 PM
I really thought 08 and 10 Brownwood posters would never be beaten for arrogance..

I admit that I can be wrong from time to time.

zebrablue2
10-30-2012, 08:46 PM
Navasota and Carthage will be up to the challenge.

:iagree::iagree:

83Indian
10-30-2012, 09:06 PM

I don't know about that. Those 18 play 8 minute drives would make it hard for you to get 48. Ask Glen Rose. They only got 41. And Wylie is no Glen Rose offensively. :doh:

hollywood
10-30-2012, 09:06 PM
Some use this site to gain knowledge I guess. But in reality, this is a place where anyone can bring as much smack as they want. Arrogant fans can boast about the team(s) they support. Smack smack smack. Gotta love it!

Record, Stephenville won't be beat again this season... Unless they play Monterry Prepa Techa. There ya go!

cowboyandchrist
10-30-2012, 09:22 PM
Some use this site to gain knowledge I guess. But in reality, this is a place where anyone can bring as much smack as they want. Arrogant fans can boast about the team(s) they support. Smack smack smack. Gotta love it!

Record, Stephenville won't be beat again this season... Unless they play Monterry Prepa Techa. There ya go!

I wont say the Dawgs or the Rattlers will beat the Ville, but I will say the Ville will not like the D or the O lines of Carthage. If they meet Mr. Golden will play a big part in the game. One man has never blocked him and more often than not two men don't get him blocked. The O line look like giants that can flat out move to be so dang big. The Rattlers are beating everybody so bad, all I can say is they must be good in all phases of the game. I hate it that two great teams will have to play each other so early in the playoffs if Navasodta goes D1.

hollywood
10-30-2012, 09:27 PM
I wont say the Dawgs or the Rattlers will beat the Ville, but I will say the Ville will not like the D or the O lines of Carthage. If they meet Mr. Golden will play a big part in the game. One man has never blocked him and more often than not two men don't get him blocked. The O line look like giants that can flat out move to be so dang big. The Rattlers are beating everybody so bad, all I can say is they must be good in all phases of the game. I hate it that two great teams will have to play each other so early in the playoffs if Navasodta goes D1.

I will never ever count out Carthage. Love what they have built there. I'm a believer!

toddg
10-30-2012, 09:52 PM

You don't know that...either way! The Bulldogs should probably just think about Snyder and then go from there..get healthy and make a good run in the playoffs..good luck!

83Indian
10-30-2012, 10:00 PM

Your line backers and corners better be able to react fast. Jones is difficult to pressure because he delivers the ball soo fast. The backs are fast out of the backfield in the flats. 4 targets on every play all capable of making plays will be tough to defense. What I am saying is Stephenville can neutralize that big d-line. And don't forget, have you seen the Stephenville offensive line? They are huge!

WOS87
10-30-2012, 10:02 PM

Or WO-S in 2004 when they came in #1 preseason or Jasper a couple of years before that.... we all paid our dues and ate our share of crow. NO team has won a 3A title after dropping down from 4A in their first year other than Henderson and before that Everman a decade ago and before that you'd have to go back to Cuero in the 1980's. More teams have had success moving up from 2A than dropping down from 4A. Be humble! I wish Stephenville well but.. watch out. 3A isn't an automatic cakewalk.

Or WO-S in 2004 when they came in #1 preseason or Jasper a couple of years before that.... we all paid our dues and ate our share of crow. NO team has won a 3A title after dropping down from 4A in their first year other than Henderson and before that Everman a decade ago and before that you'd have to go back to Cuero in the 1980's. More teams have had success moving up from 2A than dropping down from 4A. Be humble! I wish Stephenville well but.. watch out. 3A isn't an automatic cakewalk.

No one said its a cakewalk but there is only 2-3 that even have a chance period.

83Indian
10-30-2012, 10:13 PM
Or WO-S in 2004 when they came in #1 preseason.... we paid our dues. NO team has won a 3A title after dropping down from 4A in their first year other than Henderson and before that Everman a decade ago and before that you'd have to go back to Cuero in the 1980's. More teams have had success moving up from 2A than dropping down from 4A. Be humble! I wish Stephenville well but.. watch out. 3A isn't an automatic cakewalk.

Most of the Stephenville posters have said it would be in the semi finals or state namely Carthage or Navasota if they go D1 that would be a challenge. The rest of us who have played them know what they can do. Had Wylie not gone D1, Stephenville would win by 40 points all the way to the semi's. That may be the one thing that is a disadvantage. They have already played tougher teams in district with the exception of Wylie. Alvarado had a similar problem dominating everyone and I mean everyone until we met Chapel Hill in the finals last year. I expect them to win it all.

Aggie98
10-30-2012, 10:13 PM
That Golden kid from Carthage is one bad dude. A coach from one of the teams they have played this year posted on another site that Golden broke his center's nose and his guard's hand. He also runs a 4.9 40 at 6'2" 315 lbs.

As far as Carthage/Sota playing S'ville..... ain't going to happen. They won't make it past us, if they even get to us.

BwdLion73
10-30-2012, 10:16 PM
I really thought 08 and 10 Brownwood posters would never be beaten for arrogance..

I admit that I can be wrong from time to time.

While they may sound like some of our posters, the difference is we did not start 90% of those threads we just jumped on board and participated.

I remember Bwd. posters saying if you dont want to hear from us quit starting threads about us because we will respond.

Dub-C
10-30-2012, 10:17 PM
Most of the Stephenville posters have said it would be in the semi finals or state namely Carthage or Navasota if they go D1 that would be a challenge. The rest of us who have played them know what they can do. Had Wylie not gone D1, Stephenville would win by 40 points all the way to the semi's. That may be the one thing that is a disadvantage. They have already played tougher teams in district with the exception of Wylie. Alvarado had a similar problem dominating everyone and I mean everyone until we met Chapel Hill in the finals last year. I expect them to win it all.

And just like Chapel Hill's 2010 team that IMO was better than their 2011 team got beat by Henderson. So it goes to show you that no matter how good you are, every team is beatable at some point.

83Indian
10-30-2012, 10:19 PM
That Golden kid from Carthage is one bad dude. A coach from one of the teams they have played this year posted on another site that Golden broke his center's nose and his guard's hand. He also runs a 4.9 40 at 6'2" 315 lbs.

As far as Carthage/Sota playing S'ville..... ain't going to happen. They won't make it past us, if they even get to us.

Now thats some smack talk!

slingshot
10-30-2012, 10:22 PM
I don't know about that. Those 18 play 8 minute drives would make it hard for you to get 48. Ask Glen Rose. They only got 41. And Wylie is no Glen Rose offensively. :doh:And Glen Rose is no Wylie defensively. Our offense is not bad either--ask Argyle... or Graham... or Brownwood... or... I really think Stephenville and Wylie likely have the best O-lines in the state. Ours is outstanding. Average 6'3", 250 lbs. No fatties, quite athletic. They truly are the heart of our team.

83Indian
10-30-2012, 10:23 PM
And just like Chapel Hill's 2010 team that IMO was better than their 2011 team got beat by Henderson. So it goes to show you that no matter how good you are, every team is beatable at some point.

Very true. Had Alvarado played tougher playoff competition we would have been better prepared for Chapel Hill. At least Stephenville has played some very good teams prior to the playoffs unlike Alvarado last year.

hollywood
10-30-2012, 10:30 PM
Very true. Had Alvarado played tougher playoff competition we would have been better prepared for Chapel Hill. At least Stephenville has played some very good teams prior to the playoffs unlike Alvarado last year.

I agree! Sville has been tested plenty the past 3 years. Some of the players have 3 years of varsity experience. They know how to beat good teams. Hell, having played Aledo 5 times in the last 3 years is worth some merit, ya think? Lol

ccmom
10-30-2012, 10:34 PM
And Glen Rose is no Wylie defensively. Our offense is not bad either--ask Argyle... or Graham... or Brownwood... or... I really think Stephenville and Wylie likely have the best O-lines in the state. Ours is outstanding. Average 6'3", 250 lbs. No fatties, quite athletic. They truly are the heart of our team.

http://m.reporternews.com/news/2012/oct/30/wylie-o-line-proving-every-bit-as-good-as/

83Indian
10-30-2012, 10:42 PM
And Glen Rose is no Wylie defensively. Our offense is not bad either--ask Argyle... or Graham... or Brownwood... or... I really think Stephenville and Wylie likely have the best O-lines in the state. Ours is outstanding. Average 6'3", 250 lbs. No fatties, quite athletic. They truly are the heart of our team.

Very impressive how much better Wylie is this year than the last two. Did yall have a great JV class last year? Also you appear to be much better at the skill positions. All I'm saying is putting 48 on Alvarado would be next to impossible considering Glen Rose scored on every possession but 1 because they fumbled. And most of their drives were less than 3 minutes.

hollywood
10-30-2012, 10:46 PM

Outstanding O-line's are the life blood of good offenses. Sville's average is 6'2" 270 lbs. Jones gives them their props every game. Very solid.

83Indian
10-30-2012, 10:47 PM
http://m.reporternews.com/news/2012/oct/30/wylie-o-line-proving-every-bit-as-good-as/
Sounds very similar to Alvarado last year. Do you have a skill position player like we had with Bates last year? The entire team was great and having that one goto player who could score anytime he touched the ball was a huge difference for us.

toddg
10-30-2012, 10:55 PM
While they may sound like some of our posters, the difference is we did not start 90% of those threads we just jumped on board and participated.

I remember Bwd. posters saying if you dont want to hear from us quit starting threads about us because we will respond.

LOL!!! And you are probably right!

slingshot
10-30-2012, 11:14 PM
Sounds very similar to Alvarado last year. Do you have a skill position player like we had with Bates last year? The entire team was great and having that one goto player who could score anytime he touched the ball was a huge difference for us.Not really. We have several 'go-to' guys. Tailback Martin is the engine. Has been out last 2 weeks with injury--should be back this week or next. Very quick and shifty--stronger than last year too. Shante Brown is our deep threat. I guess would be the closest we have to a go-to player. Several very sure-handed and quick backs coming out of the backfield that can turn a 3 yd pass into an 80 yd touchdown. We line up in the spread and then do ground control with short passes and up the gut running. We will go deep several times a game--quite effectively. Sandifer will keep it mixed up... and get the absolute most of the talent he has. I agree on paper Stephenville is the best team in the state. I also think if they are already finalizing their plans for a state championship parade when and if we play--we'll beat their butts.

Where is Tyler Chappel Hill now???
Stephenville is consistant not like Chill and Alvarillo thats the fact jack. Made playoffs 23 out of last 24 seasons I believe. Who can say that? And we played in 4A for years.

garciap77
10-31-2012, 12:10 PM

I though we beat Everman when they dropped to 3A in 2000 semi-final; I could be wrong!

garciap77
10-31-2012, 12:12 PM

:iagree:

Manso/V8
10-31-2012, 12:13 PM
El Campo can beat Stephenville. I am not making a prediction, but I think are up to the task.

toddg
10-31-2012, 01:38 PM
Stephenville is consistant not like Chill and Alvarillo thats the fact jack. Made playoffs 23 out of last 24 seasons I believe. Who can say that? And we played in 4A for years.

Alvarado has made playoffs 17 out of last 25 seasons..only 1 during our 6 years in 4A...not bad, considering how many head coaches we had in that time frame.
CHill has won a state championship and Alvarado has atleast played for a SC in the last 12 years...Stephenville cannot say that...thats the fact jack:)

Dogs_21
10-31-2012, 01:52 PM
I'm Predicting El Campo Vs Stephenville in the D1 State Championship game.

Ville-D
10-31-2012, 01:53 PM

Stephenville.

HEMOTOXIC
10-31-2012, 02:50 PM
I'm Predicting El Campo Vs Stephenville in the D1 State Championship game.

I'm predicting that Gonzalez will beat El Campo in bi district.

toddg
10-31-2012, 02:54 PM

and i am predicting the "immortal 32" will help them!!

HEMOTOXIC
10-31-2012, 03:13 PM
and i am predicting the "immortal 32" will help them!!

haha:2thumbsup

slingshot
10-31-2012, 06:50 PM
Stephenville is consistant not like Chill and Alvarillo thats the fact jack. Made playoffs 23 out of last 24 seasons I believe. Who can say that? And we played in 4A for years.We can't. Only the last 19 years in a row and 22 of last 23...

cowboyandchrist
10-31-2012, 07:05 PM

When you see Carthage O line then I want you to tell me who has the best linemen in the state. Carthage is known for linemen U.

cowboyandchrist
10-31-2012, 07:07 PM
Stephenville.

If Carthage gets by Navasota you will no .

Ville-D
10-31-2012, 07:20 PM
If Carthage gets by Navasota you will no .

I hope we all get to meet in Arlington...

OldBison75
10-31-2012, 07:43 PM
I just hope that if we meet at the SC game---we are supporting our own teams and not whoever beat us!!!!!

Manso/V8
10-31-2012, 09:18 PM

I disagree.

Tin Cup
10-31-2012, 09:32 PM
The difference to me between an elite Brownwood team like '10 and a stephenville '12 team is in the trenches. Stephenville hasn't been better at the skill positions than Brownwood the past few years but the lines have put them ahead for the most part. It's the reason we lost to Carthage any angle you look at it. It wasn't "speed" as we comically laughed at, it was up front.

Stephenville typically has the trenches covered, and appears to have the skill player this year to put them over the top. That's why they are so confident/cocky.

Ville-D
10-31-2012, 09:40 PM
The difference to me between an elite Brownwood team like '10 and a stephenville '12 team is in the trenches. Stephenville hasn't been better at the skill positions than Brownwood the past few years but the lines have put them ahead for the most part. It's the reason we lost to Carthage any angle you look at it. It wasn't "speed" as we comically laughed at, it was up front.

Stephenville typically has the trenches covered, and appears to have the skill player this year to put them over the top. That's why they are so confident/cocky.

We don't want to be lean and mean... We have to be cocky and stocky! -- that is a version of an old Briles quote.

hollywood
10-31-2012, 10:46 PM

Yep, I agree. I was telling cowboy that on another thread. You know what's funny... The O-line was the question mark going into this season for Stephenville. The majority of last seasons O-line graduated. This group have just gotten better each week and look to be ready to peak at the right time.

Ville-D
11-01-2012, 06:48 AM
Yep, I agree. I was telling cowboy that on another thread. You know what's funny... The O-line was the question mark going into this season for Stephenville. The majority of last seasons O-line graduated. This group have just gotten better each week and look to be ready to peak at the right time.

We have had mostly new kids in the o-line for the past 3 or 4 years. Coach Lowery and Coach Rivas do a great job.

LionFan72
11-01-2012, 07:48 AM
The road to state will undoubtedly pass through Jacket Land this year, but I also think there are a number of stumbling blocks along the way. Anything can happen, I can see an upset by Abilene Wylie, or a devastating loss to Navasota this year ahead for the talented Jackets. I think maybe you guys from the Ville better buckle the cow hides a little tighter and get ready to rumble, it will not be a cakewalk. See you at the billion dollar house!

speedbump
11-01-2012, 03:48 PM

It's going to take much more than a one dimensional team like Gonzalez to beat EC.

HEMOTOXIC
11-01-2012, 04:04 PM
It's going to take much more than a one dimensional team like Gonzalez to beat EC.

You might be right, but don't sleep on the Apaches.

Dawgs
11-01-2012, 07:43 PM
I am usually just an observer on these forums, but after a full year of Ville winning state I just couldn't help myself... I understand why some of the Ville posters are on their high horse, but yall might want to win one in 3A before your crowning yourselves as the unofficial Kings of 3A. You have a very storied program to be proud of, but to think and make threads "Who has a chance to beat Ville?", is just arrogant and silly. I dont know if the Bulldogs have enough discipline to even make it out of the region this year. Some of the things I have seen on defense, mostly in the secondary scare me, but with that said anybody would be hard pressed to find a 3A team with better athletes PERIOD! Here is something to think about Ville posters...How many 3A D1 ships do you think you win if you were playing 3A ball the last 5 years? 2011: No...CH on a mission. 2010: Maybe...Still cant believe Henderson beat CH. 2009: No...Gilmer one of the best 3A of all-time. 2008: Prolly your best shot. 2007: No...I saw LH fist hand, and I'm not too sure any team in the country could have beaten them. I was looking for the ball all night. <<< All that being said is my OPINION, hell for all I know you might have one 5 straight. I am just making the point to look at history before you crown yourselves 3A royalty. One thing is for sure, if the Bulldogs correct some of the mistakes I have seen, and get out of a tough region I'll put my money on the BEST 3A coach in the game. And oh BTW if Scott Surratt stays at Carthage until retirement like we want, there wont be a program in Texas Highschool history to rival his achievements! Put that in the books!

One more thing for arrogant Ville posters to stew on...We will know more after the next couple of weeks, but I have seen Kilgore play 2 games this season and they are the REAL deal. Thats coming from a faithful Carthage fan, thats witnessed an amazing run the last 5 years. Thats going to be one hell of a Semi-Final matchup. So look over your shoulder cause those Dawgs are rolling! I do think its cute how posters from Gilmer, and Hennason are acting in other threads on this site, and all over Smoaky like they have a shot at the K-Dawgs this year...Guys thats your new Daddy, you traded one Big Dog for another. And I know Gilmer fans, you guys are just sooo distraught that your not the team running the show in 3A East Texas anymore, but its ok. Look on the brightside yall still own Hennason. Wait Ill say it before you...You guys beat us last year! Good Game! Jeff Traylor said it himself after the game last year (where might I add you guys were heavy favorites at home to a rebuilding Carthage) "Carthage does better at preparing then any other 3A team I have ever seen." He knows, so why dont the fans be good sports and follow the coaches lead. I've been reading all year how Gilmer would beat Carthage this year, laughable. Gilmer beat Carthage the year they were supposed to...Carthage beat Gilmer 2 times prior when it was a toss up. Shame we can't get to see that game this year. Hopefully we can work something out in 2 years where we make it a game every year, then in 2023 after 10 seasons Carthage will be up 8-2, and we will be to yall what yall are to Dangerfield.

Ok rant over, I'll go back in my hole now...

vtskneb
11-01-2012, 07:48 PM
I am usually just an observer on these forums, but after a full year of Ville winning state I just couldn't help myself... I understand why some of the Ville posters are on their high horse, but yall might want to win one in 3A before your crowning yourselves as the unofficial Kings of 3A. You have a very storied program to be proud of, but to think and make threads "Who has a chance to beat Ville?", is just arrogant and silly. I dont know if the Bulldogs have enough discipline to even make it out of the region this year. Some of the things I have seen on defense, mostly in the secondary scare me, but with that said anybody would be hard pressed to find a 3A team with better athletes PERIOD! Here is something to think about Ville posters...How many 3A D1 ships do you think you win if you were playing 3A ball the last 5 years? 2011: No...CH on a mission. 2010: Maybe...Still cant believe Henderson beat CH. 2009: No...Gilmer one of the best 3A of all-time. 2008: Prolly your best shot. 2007: No...I saw LH fist hand, and I'm not too sure any team in the country could have beaten them. I was looking for the ball all night. <<< All that being said is my OPINION, hell for all I know you might have one 5 straight. I am just making the point to look at history before you crown yourselves 3A royalty. One thing is for sure, if the Bulldogs correct some of the mistakes I have seen, and get out of a tough region I'll put my money on the BEST 3A coach in the game. And oh BTW if Scott Surratt stays at Carthage until retirement like we want, there wont be a program in Texas Highschool history to rival his achievements! Put that in the books!

One more thing for arrogant Ville posters to stew on...We will know more after the next couple of weeks, but I have seen Kilgore play 2 games this season and they are the REAL deal. Thats coming from a faithful Carthage fan, thats witnessed an amazing run the last 5 years. Thats going to be one hell of a Semi-Final matchup. So look over your shoulder cause those Dawgs are rolling! I do think its cute how posters from Gilmer, and Hennason are acting in other threads on this site, and all over Smoaky like they have a shot at the K-Dawgs this year...Guys thats your new Daddy, you traded one Big Dog for another. And I know Gilmer fans, you guys are just sooo distraught that your not the team running the show in 3A East Texas anymore, but its ok. Look on the brightside yall still own Hennason. Wait Ill say it before you...You guys beat us last year! Good Game! Jeff Traylor said it himself after the game last year (where might I add you guys were heavy favorites at home to a rebuilding Carthage) "Carthage does better at preparing then any other 3A team I have ever seen." He knows, so why dont the fans be good sports and follow the coaches lead. I've been reading all year how Gilmer would beat Carthage this year, laughable. Gilmer beat Carthage the year they were supposed to...Carthage beat Gilmer 2 times prior when it was a toss up. Shame we can't get to see that game this year. Hopefully we can work something out in 2 years where we make it a game every year, then in 2023 after 10 seasons Carthage will be up 8-2, and we will be to yall what yall are to Dangerfield.

dully noted.

toddg
11-01-2012, 08:44 PM

dont go back in your hole Dawgs...the conversation is going to heat up rapidly in the next couple of weeks, and your input would be appreciated..but, the Stephenville posters are not any more arrogant than some of the east texas, or west texas posters on here..and that goes for some south and central posters too..in the end, we all bleed our respective colors.

83Indian
11-01-2012, 09:23 PM

Wow dawgs. Got a lot to let out there huh? I personally like the smack talk and confidence of the Ville posters. As far as Gilmer, did they not win the district of doom the last two years? The toughest district in the state? You see dawg, in my day, Gilmer would have been the only playoff team from the d of doom and Carthage and Henderson would have 1 less state title. You might want to beat Gilmer before you talk smack about them. All they seem to do is win in a very tough district.

83Indian
11-01-2012, 09:40 PM
Wow dawgs. Got a lot to let out there huh? I personally like the smack talk and confidence of the Ville posters. As far as Gilmer, did they not win the district of doom the last two years? The toughest district in the state? You see dawg, in my day, Gilmer would have been the only playoff team from the d of doom and Carthage and Henderson would have 1 less state title. You might want to beat Gilmer before you talk smack about them. All they seem to do is win in a very tough district.

Okay, i got some facts wrong. Gilmer won district last year and not in 2010. But they did win state in 2009 and have the bragging rights until you dawgs beat them again.

:iagree:Like Art Briles said.

Put It On Paper!

Ville-D everytime I see you post it makes me smile.
Put It On Paper!:iagree:

Dawgs
11-01-2012, 10:23 PM
Okay, i got some facts wrong. Gilmer won district last year and not in 2010. But they did win state in 2009 and have the bragging rights until you dawgs beat them again.

Dang it...I knew i should have stayed in my hole. I kind of went off on a tangent with Gilmer, what can I say, I was on a roll. They are our East Texas breathern, and I should have kept my mouth shut. But since you posted initially, then said you got some facts wrong in a second post, let me help you out. I will first say they have scoreboard until our next meeting...Period. We will start off in 2008, when we bounced them out of the play offs in a thriller on our way to a Ship. 2009 did not play...You say they won a Championship that year, and thats a fact. Guess what we did too. On to 2010, where we pimped slapped them in the original DOD. I will stay in 2010 for my next point...After pimp slapping them in district play, we then had to play big brother for them against Argyle the week after Argyle bounced them. On to 2011, after 3 straight titles we roll into Gilmer as underdogs and take them to the final seconds. After that game it was a different Carthage team, who took Argyle to 2 OTs. Oh ya thats the same Argyle who once agian bounced Gilmer out of the playoffs almost as bad as they did the year before.

I know this is not a Gilmer / Carthage thread...Sorry it gets messy when families fued.

oldtownag
11-01-2012, 10:27 PM

Carthage was not in Gilmers district in 2009. However, we did win the state championship that year. Carthage and Gilmer played each other in the playoffs in 2008 and Carthage dominated. Carthage won the DOD in 2010 and dominated Gilmer. Gilmer squeaked by Carthage last year in district play. We don't presently have scoreboard but we are not scared.

oldtownag
11-01-2012, 10:31 PM

You need to figure out Henderson and CH before you start worrying about Carthage and Gilmer.

hollywood
11-01-2012, 10:37 PM
:hijacktd:

Arrogance? Did someone say arrogance? I could have swore someone said arrogance in here.

Anyway, it would make my season if Stephenville got a chance to meet Carthage in the big house.

vtskneb
11-01-2012, 10:40 PM

Dawgs
11-01-2012, 10:43 PM

Arrogance? Did someone say arrogance? I could have swore someone said arrogance in here.

Anyway, it would make my season if Stephenville got a chance to meet Carthage in the big house.

Sorry, your right. The thread was hijacked, but I swear that wasnt my original intent. And after i read my initial post it did stink up the room with arrogance, but what can I say I'm from Carthage: best stadium, best scoreboard, best coach, rich school district, cutiest cheerleaders. I mean didn't you see the movie Bernie...Carthage was rated "Best Small Town in Texas", or maybe it was the US, can't remember. ;)

Sville
11-02-2012, 08:51 AM
As i said earlier this year, all you little ones bunch up and all you big'uns line up, you'll get your turn to get beat by Stephenville!

As long as #2 is healthy Sville will be looking for a new slogin for #6 next year.

And this is a Coach Copeland original, "You can write that down in your Big Chief tablet"!

slingshot
11-02-2012, 09:12 AM
..."You can write that down in your Big Chief tablet"!Done. When we kick ya'll to the curb in round 3 it's going to make it even that much sweeter...:wave:

MajorApplehorn
11-02-2012, 10:00 AM

Everybody in the DI playoffs, especially Wylie, Kilgore, Carthage, Navasota (if DI). Stephenville is not untouchable. The last "Unbeatable" team from that area a couple of years ago was Jaxon Shipley...I mean Brownwood, and Carthage dispatched of them rather easily. Just sayin...

Stephenville may breeze through the playoffs to an uncontested State Championship, but anybody can lose any time. Wimberley was the 4th best team Argyle played last year. One sick qb and torn ACL on a star receiver, and we see what happens.

waterboy
11-02-2012, 10:01 AM
I can't believe what I'm reading! A Carthage fan comes on here and talks about another team being ARROGANT! Bwahahahaha..........now THAT'S funny!

Carthage beat us in '08 in the playoffs by a score of 31-28. The game wasn't decide until there was an interception by Carthage with about a minute to go. That's hardly domination. I'll give them credit where credit is due......they WERE the better team that year, and they went on and won it all, just like I believe Gilmer would have won it all had Carthage not squeaked out the win.

Fast forward to our next meeting........2010...... We lost a TON of players from the '09 state championship team, including the best high school QB to come through Gilmer, Stump Godfrey. The 2010 game was in Carthage where we had EIGHT starters out for the game, had 5 turnovers, and we got it handed to us to the tune of 38-21, in a game that could've been much worse.

Fast forward to our next meeting........2011...... We had an experience advantage just like the Dawgs had the year before, and injuries did not play a part in this game until about 4 minutes left in the game when we lost our best player, Luke Turner, our extremely good QB, punter, and kickoff specialist. Our second string QB, Jordan Traylor, came in and drove us into field goal range coming in cold off the bench. We proceeded to kick a winning 39-yard field goal to win the game with 9 seconds left on the clock. We had built a two score lead at a couple of different junctures in the game, but we relaxed just a little on defense, and the Dawgs almost came back to win it. It didn't happen. By the way, that injury changed everything the Buckeyes did on offense. We went from an effective read option mostly running team to an all out aerial attack type of offense. The team that beat Carthage wasn't even similar to the team that lost to Argyle in the playoffs. Jordan was a good QB, but Luke added several other dimensions to the team, and Luke's leadership was the key.

Furthermore, suffice it to say, we will have SCOREBOARD on CARTHAGE until y'all can beat us again. That definitely WON'T HAPPEN for the next two years. I think it's sad that our coaches couldn't work something out so we could play each other, even when we "thought" we would be in the same district. I'm sure both coaches had made up their minds and thought that wasn't a good idea at some point because of the possibility of meeting in the playoffs. It didn't work out that way once the realignment was announced. Too bad, 'cause I would LOVE to be able to shut some of the arrogant bullcrap some of their fans spew. When I say I think the Buckeyes would beat Carthage this year, a lot of people dismiss that opinion because their opinion is different, and that is ALL it is........an OPINION.

I did, however, agree with what "Dawgs" said in his first paragraph. You'll still have to earn the right to be arrogant after you have proven yourself on this level, and nothing short of a state championship would do after all the talk this year. Maybe Stephenville can get it done, I don't know for sure, but I can guarantee things can happen (injuries being a BIG part), along with matchup problems, that can keep your team from living up to that expectation. There has only been one team in the last several that I know of that started the year ranked #1 and finished #1 wire to wire, and that was Gilmer in '10. Good luck to Stephenville, 'cause you'll have to have some of that, and no major injuries to win it all.

MajorApplehorn
11-02-2012, 10:02 AM
"You can write that down in you Big Chief tablet!"

Heard it before...

regaleagle
11-02-2012, 10:16 AM
This is coming from an Argyle rabid fan: I don't care how good your team is, you have to be two things to win it all......good and lucky. Being really good without the lucky usually will not get the job done, for one reason or another. Being lucky includes alot of things.....not just injuries or illness to one or more one of your best players. Sometimes it could be severe weather that favors a good running team against a good spread offense. Or a bad call in the 4th. Or an untimely penalty. Or the bus had a flat. Who knows what could happen!!! That's just the way it is. That's also why getting that ring is so special. It's a loooong way to Jerry World at this juncture.....just saying.

waterboy
11-02-2012, 10:36 AM
This is coming from an Argyle rabid fan: I don't care how good your team is, you have to be two things to win it all......good and lucky. Being really good without the lucky usually will not get the job done, for one reason or another. Being lucky includes alot of things.....not just injuries or illness to one or more one of your best players. Sometimes it could be severe weather that favors a good running team against a good spread offense. Or a bad call in the 4th. Or an untimely penalty. Or the bus had a flat. Who knows what could happen!!! That's just the way it is. That's also why getting that ring is so special. It's a loooong way to Jerry World at this juncture.....just saying.
:clap: Exactly! You definitely have to have a lot of things go your way to win it all. Funny you should mention the bus having a flat, because that exact same thing happened to us in 2010 on the way to a playoff game against Navasota in Lufkin.

Dawgs
11-02-2012, 11:28 AM
I can't believe what I'm reading! A Carthage fan comes on here and talks about another team being ARROGANT! Bwahahahaha..........now THAT'S funny!

Carthage beat us in '08 in the playoffs by a score of 31-28. The game wasn't decide until there was an interception by Carthage with about a minute to go. That's hardly domination. I'll give them credit where credit is due......they WERE the better team that year, and they went on and won it all, just like I believe Gilmer would have won it all had Carthage not squeaked out the win.

Fast forward to our next meeting........2010...... We lost a TON of players from the '09 state championship team, including the best high school QB to come through Gilmer, Stump Godfrey. The 2010 game was in Carthage where we had EIGHT starters out for the game, had 5 turnovers, and we got it handed to us to the tune of 38-21, in a game that could've been much worse.

Fast forward to our next meeting........2011...... We had an experience advantage just like the Dawgs had the year before, and injuries did not play a part in this game until about 4 minutes left in the game when we lost our best player, Luke Turner, our extremely good QB, punter, and kickoff specialist. Our second string QB, Jordan Traylor, came in and drove us into field goal range coming in cold off the bench. We proceeded to kick a winning 39-yard field goal to win the game with 9 seconds left on the clock. We had built a two score lead at a couple of different junctures in the game, but we relaxed just a little on defense, and the Dawgs almost came back to win it. It didn't happen. By the way, that injury changed everything the Buckeyes did on offense. We went from an effective read option mostly running team to an all out aerial attack type of offense. The team that beat Carthage wasn't even similar to the team that lost to Argyle in the playoffs. Jordan was a good QB, but Luke added several other dimensions to the team, and Luke's leadership was the key.

Furthermore, suffice it to say, we will have SCOREBOARD on CARTHAGE until y'all can beat us again. That definitely WON'T HAPPEN for the next two years. I think it's sad that our coaches couldn't work something out so we could play each other, even when we "thought" we would be in the same district. I'm sure both coaches had made up their minds and thought that wasn't a good idea at some point because of the possibility of meeting in the playoffs. It didn't work out that way once the realignment was announced. Too bad, 'cause I would LOVE to be able to shut some of the arrogant bullcrap some of their fans spew. When I say I think the Buckeyes would beat Carthage this year, a lot of people dismiss that opinion because their opinion is different, and that is ALL it is........an OPINION.

I did, however, agree with what "Dawgs" said in his first paragraph. You'll still have to earn the right to be arrogant after you have proven yourself on this level, and nothing short of a state championship would do after all the talk this year. Maybe Stephenville can get it done, I don't know for sure, but I can guarantee things can happen (injuries being a BIG part), along with matchup problems, that can keep your team from living up to that expectation. There has only been one team in the last several that I know of that started the year ranked #1 and finished #1 wire to wire, and that was Gilmer in '10. Good luck to Stephenville, 'cause you'll have to have some of that, and no major injuries to win it all.

I Agree...Period. I wasnt trying to come off as an arrogant Carthage fan, cause really I'm not. It pains me when I read some of the stuff Carthage posters write, but you have to admit its hard not to be given our recent success.

vtskneb
11-02-2012, 11:32 AM
I Agree...Period. I wasnt trying to come off as an arrogant Carthage fan, cause really I'm not. It pains me when I read some of the stuff Carthage posters write, but you have to admit its hard not to be given our recent success.

You gonna bark all day little doggy or are you gonna bite?:devil:

Dawgs
11-02-2012, 11:39 AM
You gonna bark all day little doggy or are you gonna bite?:devil:

I don't need to bite...You guys WILL NOT see us or anybody else at Jerry's Place. You will coast thru your region, and then as one of the Ville poster has in his signature "Here comes the boom!" Kilgore will bounce you out of the playoffs, and you will know like all the other Central & West Texas teams; BEAST Texas runs it!

vtskneb
11-02-2012, 11:41 AM
I don't need to bite...You guys WILL NOT see us or anybody else at Jerry's Place. You will coast thru your region, and then as one of the Ville poster has in his signature "Here comes the boom!" Kilgore will bounce you out of the playoffs, and you will now like all the other Central & West Texas teams; BEAST Texas runs it!

Come get some Kilgore.

Sville
11-02-2012, 11:59 AM
Most of the cockiness from some of the long time Sville fans like myself comes from the jealously that other fan bases displayed during Sville's 4 SC's in a 7 year span. Our last 2 titles were in the infancy of the message board phenomenon. So we have heard it all from cheating steroid users to getting lucky and everything in between. Programs like Carthage and Gilmer should know what I mean by stuff like that. SO while it has been 12 years since our last title we have still been good for the last 2 decades. It is not like we are coming out of left field with our enthusiasm. And if I have said it once I have said it a 100 times. We don't think we are going to win it all this year b/c we are a 4A dropping down but b/c we have a badass team with (IMO) one of the best QBs in the state. We would be feeling this way if we were in 4A this year. And believe me we have been there before and know what it takes to win it all, and I fully believe as long as our big horses are healthy we will win it all this year.

No where in this post have I said we are unbeatable. We have proved already that we can lay a stinker out there, but since we have already, I have faith in our coaching staff and senior leaders that it will not happen again this year. And it is my belief that if we are at the top of our game then there is not better 3A team in the state.

Ville-D
11-02-2012, 12:18 PM
Come get some Kilgore.

It will be a good game if it happens. I look forward to it. I'd say if the game were today I'd take Stephenville by 14. And if that hurts your butt then I'm sorry - Get over it. And if being a supporter of my local team and believing they will win an game when no one else thinks they will (see this thread (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?119100-Region-I-Week-1-GotW-4A-Aledo(1-0)-Vs-Stephenville(0-1))) makes me "Arrogant" -- Then sign me up.

I love how all the Least Texas folks jump on the band wagon of whatever team they think has the biggest shot at knocking us off. At least you have a constant to root against even if you throw you allegiance from team to team.

I believe Stephenville will win state, Period. Wouldn't matter if we were still in 4A or where we are now in 3A.

I Still Believe.

[edit: just read Cody's post... Great Minds?]

Most of the cockiness from some of the long time Sville fans like myself comes from the jealously that other fan bases displayed during Sville's 4 SC's in a 7 year span. Our last 2 titles were in the infancy of the message board phenomenon. So we have heard it all from cheating steroid users to getting lucky and everything in between. Programs like Carthage and Gilmer should know what I mean by stuff like that. SO while it has been 12 years since our last title we have still been good for the last 2 decades. It is not like we are coming out of left field with our enthusiasm. And if I have said it once I have said it a 100 times. We don't think we are going to win it all this year b/c we are a 4A dropping down but b/c we have a badass team with (IMO) one of the best QBs in the state. We would be feeling this way if we were in 4A this year. And believe me we have been there before and know what it takes to win it all, and I fully believe as long as our big horses are healthy we will win it all this year.

No where in this post have I said we are unbeatable. We have proved already that we can lay a stinker out there, but since we have already, I have faith in our coaching staff and senior leaders that it will not happen again this year. And it is my belief that if we are at the top of our game then there is not better 3A team in the state.

Unless some major players go down and that could happen we should win it all. No team works harder or plays harder period. We dont have the best athletes some dont even look like football players. We are not the fastest team. We are not the biggest team. We are not ANYTHING SPECIAL.
The coaching put our kids in a position to win. They believe they will win and they dont care who they play. Im sure every team thinks they have that attitude but who really does? The team may go down in flames and it wont be the end of the world. It will however haunt them forever and I dont feel they are willing to let that happen. Like the thread says WHO CAN BEAT STEPHENVILLE IN D1 3A?

Dawgs
11-02-2012, 12:34 PM
It will be a good game if it happens. I look forward to it. I'd say if the game were today I'd take Stephenville by 14. And if that hurts your butt then I'm sorry - Get over it. And if being a supporter of my local team and believing they will win an game when no one else thinks they will (see this thread (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?119100-Region-I-Week-1-GotW-4A-Aledo(1-0)-Vs-Stephenville(0-1))) makes me "Arrogant" -- Then sign me up.

I love how all the Least Texas folks jump on the band wagon of whatever team they think has the biggest shot at knocking us off. At least you have a constant to root against even if you throw you allegiance from team to team.

I believe Stephenville will win state, Period. Wouldn't matter if we were still in 4A or where we are now in 3A.

I Still Believe.

[edit: just read Cody's post... Great Minds?]

Least Texas...Lol. You will find out soon enough. We ain't jumping on no bandwagons bud. I said you wouldn't get to play Carthage or any other team in the Ship, cause Kilgo is going to send yall back to Ville with your tails tucked. You want to know who can beat you in 3A D1...Navasota, Kilgore, Carthage, El Campo <<< It will take a big boy to knock you guys off, thats certain. From what I've seen yall are playing good ball, and definitely have a shot, but nothings a sure thing. I'll tell all you Ville posters one thing that is for sure...If Carthage plays in the Ship, that means we got that train a'rollin, and NOBODY will stop them...That includes the Jackets. I personally want Kilgore vs. Carthage Final. That would be pretty awsome.

83Indian
11-02-2012, 12:43 PM
You need to figure out Henderson and CH before you start worrying about Carthage and Gilmer.

Indians not talking smack about teams that have recently beat us. That would be the dawgs. interesting jumping on the Ville for arrogance when you dawgs are talking smack about Gilmer on a Stephenville thread.

waterboy
11-02-2012, 12:58 PM
Anybody who knows me on here knows I am about as realistic as they come. I don't disrespect other teams, or their fans, by talking a lot of trash. That's not me. I can, however, poke a little fun at some of those arrogant ones, and I DO know how to stir 'em up, lol.

I'm with you, "dawgs", in that it would be extremely nice to see an all East Texas finals in D1 this year. I'm not saying it will happen, but it would be nice, and would go a long ways in showing those who don't know, that we usually play a different brand of football in this part of the state. Carthage vs. Kilgore would be a game I would NOT miss if in fact they can make it! There are a lot of GOOD football teams in the way of something like that happening, though.

Aggie98
11-02-2012, 01:08 PM
What's funny is S'ville and Kilgore almost had a deal worked out back in February to play a pre-season game this year. Both were scrambling to fill slots after realignment.

vtskneb
11-02-2012, 01:27 PM
What's funny is S'ville and Kilgore almost had a deal worked out back in February to play a pre-season game this year. Both were scrambling to fill slots after realignment.

Why did it not happen?

Aggie98
11-02-2012, 01:43 PM
Geography.

Least Texas...Lol. You will find out soon enough. We ain't jumping on no bandwagons bud. I said you wouldn't get to play Carthage or any other team in the Ship, cause Kilgo is going to send yall back to Ville with your tails tucked. You want to know who can beat you in 3A D1...Navasota, Kilgore, Carthage, El Campo <<< It will take a big boy to knock you guys off, thats certain. From what I've seen yall are playing good ball, and definitely have a shot, but nothings a sure thing. I'll tell all you Ville posters one thing that is for sure...If Carthage plays in the Ship, that means we got that train a'rollin, and NOBODY will stop them...That includes the Jackets. I personally want Kilgore vs. Carthage Final. That would be pretty awsome.

Take Navasota off your list of 4. Kilgore dont score enough. So that leaves El Campo or Carthage and thats just funny. So who has a Shot We Beat la Vega who was a top team in 3A. Alvarado who went to state. Glen Rose who is as good as we have played all year. Aledo who is 3 time state champs in 4A over the last few years. WHO WILL BEAT VILLE? Not gonna happen. VILLE UP.

Oh I forgot AW and we own them.

:taunt:Gilmer? WOS? wentD2 IM THINKING THE LIST IS GETTING SO SMALL.:tongue:

Rattler you my friend are a joke. Go play Mineral Wells or someone

cowboyandchrist
11-03-2012, 08:39 AM
Take Navasota off your list of 4. Kilgore dont score enough. So that leaves El Campo or Carthage and thats just funny. So who has a Shot We Beat la Vega who was a top team in 3A. Alvarado who went to state. Glen Rose who is as good as we have played all year. Aledo who is 3 time state champs in 4A over the last few years. WHO WILL BEAT VILLE? Not gonna happen. VILLE UP.

Oh I forgot AW and we own them.

Just like in 2010, there is a beast from the east coming for you mr. Ville. Your o line and your Q/B will not like there meeting with mr. golden. Your D line and your o line have been better than your opponents. They will meet their equals in the Carthage Dawgs. It should be a game for the ages provided we both make it far enough.

Just like in 2010, there is a beast from the east coming for you mr. Ville. Your o line and your Q/B will not like there meeting with mr. golden. Your D line and your o line have been better than your opponents. They will meet their equals in the Carthage Dawgs. It should be a game for the ages provided we both make it far enough.

Thats what im talking about. I like you and your attitude. Good luck and if we both make it and you travel to Arlington I will buy you lunch and shake your hand in person.

Carthage @ Stephenville Matchup Preview

Carthage Stephenville
24 Score Prediction 45
0.052 Win Probability 0.948

Predictions
Statistic Mean Std Dev
Carthage Margin -21.0 12.9
Carthage P(W) 0.052 ---
Stephenville Margin 21.0 12.9
Stephenville P(W) 0.948 ---
Total Points 68.1 15.1

Just so you know

HEMOTOXIC
11-03-2012, 08:48 AM
A Navasota vs Stephenville matchup sure would have been epic..

Dawgs
11-03-2012, 10:07 AM
Thats what im talking about. I like you and your attitude. Good luck and if we both make it and you travel to Arlington I will buy you lunch and shake your hand in person.

Carthage @ Stephenville Matchup Preview

Carthage Stephenville
24 Score Prediction 45
0.052 Win Probability 0.948

Predictions
Statistic Mean Std Dev
Carthage Margin -21.0 12.9
Carthage P(W) 0.052 ---
Stephenville Margin 21.0 12.9
Stephenville P(W) 0.948 ---
Total Points 68.1 15.1

Just so you know

From the way the games worked out last night I think barring any injuries, or upsets we will see a Carthage vs. Ville Championship. I for one am very excited at the possibility of these two teams meeting at Jerry's. Its a long road, and anything can happen, but if these two teams play to their potential I think the game will happen. I went to the Kilgore / Henderson game last night, and either Henderson's D is improving every week and is the real deal; or Kilgore dosen't have the fire power to play in a shootout if needed. Beating The Ville in the Ship sure would be sweet, and would take our program to the next level. I think the Dawgs are up for the challenge. Lets take it one week at a time, and keep improving Bulldogs. One thing about Carthage, thats true for all teams with winning tradition...Winning breeds winning, and the young men in Carthage know how to win when its time to put up or shut up. We look foward to the challenge, cause we been there before.

hollywood
11-03-2012, 10:14 AM

cowboyandchrist, how would you compare the 2012 Carthage O-line/D-line to 2010 Carthage O-line/D-line?

Dawgs
11-03-2012, 10:34 AM
cowboyandchrist, how would you compare the 2012 Carthage O-line/D-line to 2010 Carthage O-line/D-line?

I know you asked Cowby, but I'll add my 2 cents. I think the D line is comparable to the 2010 team...One dominant lineman, 2 others who are very good (But not as big or strong), and 3 or 4 other kids that rotate in. In my opinion Golden has more of a D1 build, but he is no more dominant than Bingo in 2010. Our o-line in 10 was very good, and got better every game. We had a very smart center that year, and I dont think I have to mention a Quaterback that was a general on the field (All 5' of him;)). Our O-line this year is big & fast, and has just as good of athletes as 2010. Our QB this year is very good, but I think you would give the edge to the 2010 O-line because they had the more experienced QB. The D-Line this year is as close as you could get to the 2010, if not better when Golden is playing to max potential.

hollywood
11-03-2012, 12:09 PM
I know you asked Cowby, but I'll add my 2 cents. I think the D line is comparable to the 2010 team...One dominant lineman, 2 others who are very good (But not as big or strong), and 3 or 4 other kids that rotate in. In my opinion Golden has more of a D1 build, but he is no more dominant than Bingo in 2010. Our o-line in 10 was very good, and got better every game. We had a very smart center that year, and I dont think I have to mention a Quaterback that was a general on the field (All 5' of him;)). Our O-line this year is big & fast, and has just as good of athletes as 2010. Our QB this year is very good, but I think you would give the edge to the 2010 O-line because they had the more experienced QB. The D-Line this year is as close as you could get to the 2010, if not better when Golden is playing to max potential.

Good post Dawgs! I know if Stephenville and Carthage both make it to play in the SC game, it will be a heck of a game. Think back to 2010. Brownwood came in the semifinals with an undersized O-line and D-line that played bigger. But in the end, Carthage overpowered them. I know there's not a Shipley on Stephenville's team but the O-line and D-line are one of their many strengths! Carthage will not be able to overpower Stephenville 2012. O-line avg 6'2" 270 lbs. D-line has a DE duo that has been creating havoc for every team so far this year.

I would love to see this match up. Best of luck the next 5 weeks and hope to see this match up happen!

Go Jackets
Go Dawgs
;)

Now West Texas Dawgs, don't get your feelings hurt. I know AW has a great team this season and would love a shot at Carthage too. Probably won't happen this year. I heard Stephenville owns AW. :D

:1popcorn:

slingshot
11-03-2012, 12:37 PM
Now West Texas Dawgs, don't get your feelings hurt. I know AW has a great team this season and would love a shot at Carthage too. Probably won't happen this year. I heard Stephenville owns AW. :D

:1popcorn:Keep yappin'... your whuppin' is coming. :D

regaleagle
11-03-2012, 02:51 PM
I think you can take Kilgore off the list....they will do well if they can just win the region. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see them lose to Paris. Even if they do win the DI in Region 2, they will not be the best team out of our region, IMO. That distinction will be held by one of the DII teams this year. It's gonna be a bloodbath in DII in our region for the regional title. Let's see....there's Gilmer and Henderson, Canton and Van, Melissa, Celina, and Argyle as the main contenders. DI has Kilgore, Gainesville, Princeton, and Paris as the contenders for that division. You could possibly include Frisco Lone Star as a darkhorse. I don't see any DI team here that could compete with Stephenville, do you?

ctown81
11-03-2012, 03:00 PM
I watched a very good Stephenville team beat Ozen. How much have they improved since that game?

I think you can take Kilgore off the list....they will do well if they can just win the region. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see them lose to Paris. Even if they do win the DI in Region 2, they will not be the best team out of our region, IMO. That distinction will be held by one of the DII teams this year. It's gonna be a bloodbath in DII in our region for the regional title. Let's see....there's Gilmer and Henderson, Canton and Van, Melissa, Celina, and Argyle as the main contenders. DI has Kilgore, Gainesville, Princeton, and Paris as the contenders for that division. You could possibly include Frisco Lone Star as a darkhorse. I don't see any DI team here that could compete with Stephenville, do you?

The more I see it the more I like it. Im not saying its the perfect road but damn it might just be? Short 14 game season. I mean what could make it much better for Stephenville? The team is playing lights out and the brackets getting easier and easier. D2 is stacked with talent. I know anything can happen the moon may fall from the sky. Unless something major major happens its smooth sailing IMO
Now once we meet up with the DAWGS anything can happen. But i say we should be favored big time. ville up!!!

DAWGS VS WARDOGS "I LIKE THAT"

i don't need to bite...you guys will not see us or anybody else at jerry's place. You will coast thru your region, and then as one of the ville poster has in his signature "here comes the boom!" kilgore will bounce you out of the playoffs, and you will know like all the other central & west texas teams; beast texas runs it!

eat your words.

bobcat1
12-12-2012, 09:14 PM
eat your words.Sure is easy to kick rocks at a chained up dog. I used to want to turn the dog loose on kids like you.

vtskneb
12-12-2012, 09:20 PM
Sure is easy to kick rocks at a chained up dog. I used to want to turn the dog loose on kids like you.

Yea, right. The line would be twice as long and I am sure you would be right there with the rest of them based on your posted the last couple of Stephenville games, if the shoe was on the other foot. The hypocracy of the so called moral authority of this site strikes again.

bobcat1
12-12-2012, 09:33 PM
Yea, right. The line would be twice as long and I am sure you would be right there with the rest of them based on your posted the last couple of Stephenville games, if the shoe was on the other foot. The hypocracy of the so called moral authority of this site strikes again.You got me pegged wrong. After Stephenville/Wylie I gave Stephenville their props. You see I was rooting for Wylie because I had friends from there. I was just making a point about winning with class. Maybe that went right over your head. I don't know about Ville or you but I have been there before on both ends of the winning and losing. Carthage is chained up so to speak after losing to El Campo. Why continue to go back and dig up posts. Move on and worry with El Campo. I don't think El Campo cab hang with y'all. In my pickem brackets, guess who I picked at the start of the playoffs to win it all. Stephenville and Navasota. That hasn't changed. So run along to your Championship and leave the losers to lick their wounds.

Scoop27
12-12-2012, 09:42 PM
I believe that Navasota from Division II could beat Stephenville

vtskneb
12-12-2012, 09:45 PM
I believe that Navasota from Division II could beat Stephenville

Too bad that game did not happen I was really hoping it would have.

vtskneb
12-12-2012, 09:49 PM
You got me pegged wrong. After Stephenville/Wylie I gave Stephenville their props. You see I was rooting for Wylie because I had friends from there. I was just making a point about winning with class. Maybe that went right over your head. I don't know about Ville or you but I have been there before on both ends of the winning and losing. Carthage is chained up so to speak after losing to El Campo. Why continue to go back and dig up posts. Move on and worry with El Campo. I don't think El Campo cab hang with y'all. In my pickem brackets, guess who I picked at the start of the playoffs to win it all. Stephenville and Navasota. That hasn't changed. So run along to your Championship and leave the losers to lick their wounds.
I know what you are saying. He is just serving up some crow. Is the poster incapable of defending themselves?

Weebe
12-12-2012, 09:51 PM
Manso and Saggy Aggie with good picks. We will see if we can hang with almighty Stephenville.

Hemotoxn with the biggest whiff by picking Gonzales to beat El Campo in the first round.

Ville-D
12-12-2012, 10:19 PM

Glad somebody dug this up... I think Kilgore and Carthage are playing this Friday - Aren't they in the same basketball tournament.

bobcat1
12-12-2012, 10:27 PM
I know what you are saying. He is just serving up some crow. Is the poster incapable of defending themselves?

Oh they probably are. I guess I should not interfere or voice my opinions. Someday I'll learn. Have fun this weekend and enjoy every minute of it! We did in 2007 when my son was a senior. Nothing like being unbeaten and winning it all. :thumbsup:

vtskneb
12-12-2012, 10:35 PM
Oh they probably are. I guess I should not interfere or voice my opinions. Someday I'll learn. Have fun this weekend and enjoy every minute of it! We did in 2007 when my son was a senior. Nothing like being unbeaten and winning it all. :thumbsup:

It may not matter we just jinxed ourselves in the Stephenville paper. You obviously can do whatever you please. Thanks for the support.