PDA

View Full Version : Fairfield vs Rusk

mwynn05
08-31-2002, 12:17 AM
and interesting game rusk lead 20-2 at one time but Fairfield comes back and wins a shoot out 36-32 for our head coaches first win

mwynn05
08-31-2002, 11:32 AM
a little bit of a game summary..... opening driver 3rd and long rusk completes a long pass and they eventually scores they try an extra point its blocked and took back for 2 fairfield fumbles the ball at about tha 40 yard line and rusk scores and they go for 2 just like they do for the rest of tha game its good 14-2 this time fairfield gets to about tha 40 and has to punt rusk completes another long pass and score 20-2 in the 1st quater....but rusk looks VERY tired fairfield has tha ball at tha start of tha 2nd and mixes the run and tha pass a little and scores 20-9 the defense comes out and rusk goes to tha pass the reciever is hit as he attempts to catch it it pops off his shoulder pad and is intercepted by chris lightsey and took back for 6 its now 20-16 and stays that way til halftime....fairfield gets tha opening kick takes it out to about tha 40 then drives down tha field and scores its now 23-20 then rusk comes right back and scores its now 26-23 at tha statrt of tha forth its still 26-23 then fairfield scores with about 9 minutes the score is now 30-26 left then rusk scores with about 6 minutes to go which makes it 32-30then with about 4 minutes to go kyle lightsey busts a 37 yard touchdown run....but fairfield is called for holding then roderick promise the player called for holding redeems himself its 36-32 rusk trys for tha deep ballon 3rd and long and its intercepted by darryl alexander... fairfield gets tha ball and runs tha clock out for coach armstrongs first win

Old Cardinal
08-31-2002, 11:55 AM
Good job Fairfield! Rusk is not a shabby team either. Sounds like Coach Armstrong has got you guys playing with determination. You know Muynn 05, your Grammar has improved also. You seem to be applying study to both writing and football-good for you..........I noticed however, that you still need to break your thoughts up into sentences with "periods" behind each thought. Also, you can use commas to separate different parts of the sentences. Now my, Buddy, I am just an ole man trying to help you to become the best writer that you can be: just as Coach Armstrong is doing on the practice field, with sports. If I have offended you, please let me know and I will make no more suggestions. Does Fairfield play any Thursday or Saturday night games this season? I would like to come up and see an emerging team, like yours, play.

mwynn05
08-31-2002, 12:05 PM
nope just friday nights yea coach wants to win so bad and so do we our goal is a state championship but we no were gonna have a tough time getting to the playoffs and that its gonna take a lot of hard work