83Indian
10-29-2012, 12:50 AM
Glen Rose should be top 10 easily.

Alvarado should be top 15

regaleagle
10-29-2012, 01:33 AM

I think you are overrating your district. Glen Rose can put up points, but their D is not top-drawer against a good spread attack that also has a good D (Celina, Argyle). It has already been proven this season Alvarado is not tier one with 2 losses to tier two teams. La Marque is questionable, too. There is more football yet to be played in the regular season. Kilgore's schedule hasn't encompassed any signature wins yet either. We'll see how they fare against Henderson and Gilmer.

83Indian
10-29-2012, 01:53 AM
I think you are overrating your district. Glen Rose can put up points, but their D is not top-drawer against a good spread attack that also has a good D (Celina, Argyle). It has already been proven this season Alvarado is not tier one with 2 losses to tier two teams. La Marque is questionable, too. There is more football yet to be played in the regular season. Kilgore's schedule hasn't encompassed any signature wins yet either. We'll see how they fare against Henderson and Gilmer.

That is your opinion. I know what I have seen over the last three years and Stephenville and Glen Rose have offensive systems that are going to be hard to stop. They are not shabby on defense as well. You have played a couple of good teams in Wylie and Kennedale. Celina not so much. I think you guys roll them. Alvarado is better that Gatesville, Graham, and Shallowater. We will see come playoff time.

regaleagle
10-29-2012, 03:15 AM
Argyle also defeated a good Paris team, beat last year's TAPPS champ Nolan Catholic(3-0 now in the same district w/Plano Prestonwood, Trinity Christian-Addison, Argyle Liberty Christian, and Bishop Lynch). Don't sleep on Celina....they can play ball. They had a weird game last week against Aubrey, but still won easily. They beat LE and Argyle Liberty this season handily, both good teams. Their numbers are good on both sides of the ball, and they have lots of Srs. And a very good qb. They will be tough.

DKfromDUB
10-29-2012, 05:55 AM

:iagree: These two teams will meet again for the Region 1 D2 title.

regaleagle
10-29-2012, 06:16 AM

Maybe they will, maybe they won't. Lots of football left to play, and anything can happen between now and then.

Matthew328
10-29-2012, 07:26 AM
I personally don't believe Glen Rose has a good enough defense to be considered an elite team, JMO. They still may win Reg I though....I'd tap the break on Kilgore not having any signature wins...a 38-6 win over a 6-2 4A squad in Mount Pleasant who BTW has one of the top WRs in the country is pretty salty in my book...

No way I can put a three loss Alvarado squad ahead of unbeaten Gatesville....especially considering Gatesville beat Waco Connally 24-8 when Alvarado lost to them....

Argyle beat Nolan...Nolan's beaten Everman, played Lancaster tough and just gone beating Plano Prestonwood..heck I probably should move Argyle up lol
I do agree Celina's schedule has been a bit shaky..interested to see how they react when someone hits them in the mouth...its been a while...

Shallowater and Graham are very strong teams IMO, Shallowater's system makes them a tough draw...they got to the quarters a year ago so playoff experience is there..I've really liked what I've seen from Graham this year...they could be a D2 force also

Sville
10-29-2012, 11:04 AM
If you consider us the #2 team in the state then Glen Rose is top 10, IMO.

hollywood
10-29-2012, 11:20 AM
I personally don't believe Glen Rose has a good enough defense to be considered an elite team, JMO. They still may win Reg I though....I'd tap the break on Kilgore not having any signature wins...a 38-6 win over a 6-2 4A squad in Mount Pleasant who BTW has one of the top WRs in the country is pretty salty in my book...

No way I can put a three loss Alvarado squad ahead of unbeaten Gatesville....especially considering Gatesville beat Waco Connally 24-8 when Alvarado lost to them....

Argyle beat Nolan...Nolan's beaten Everman, played Lancaster tough and just gone beating Plano Prestonwood..heck I probably should move Argyle up lol
I do agree Celina's schedule has been a bit shaky..interested to see how they react when someone hits them in the mouth...its been a while...

Shallowater and Graham are very strong teams IMO, Shallowater's system makes them a tough draw...they got to the quarters a year ago so playoff experience is there..I've really liked what I've seen from Graham this year...they could be a D2 force also

Matt, Glen Rose is a lot like Brownwood 2010. Very high octane offense with a slightly above average defense. They will score on anyone period. Lot's of weapons on offense and a good sized O-line to go with them. Their confidence is there this season. Especially after playing Stephenville close and beating Alvarado like they did.

83Indian
10-29-2012, 11:21 AM
If you consider us the #2 team in the state then Glen Rose is top 10, IMO.

:iagree:

Matthew328
10-29-2012, 11:32 AM
I think the difference between 1 and 10 is pretty small...actually maybe down to 12..

DKfromDUB
10-29-2012, 11:34 AM
Matt, Glen Rose is a lot like Brownwood 2010. Very high octane offense with a slightly above average defense. They will score on anyone period. Lot's of weapons on offense and a good sized O-line to go with them. Their confidence is there this season. Especially after playing Stephenville close and beating Alvarado like they did.

:iagree:

I just don’t think Glen Rose gets the credit they deserve and I think it is because they are not one of the common power house teams. I would not be surprised to see them in the Finals. They proved last week they can beat what most analyst called a top ten D in Alvarado. Then two weeks before they were in the game with IMO the best offense in the state.

Deuce
10-29-2012, 11:41 AM

Graham might have something to say about that. We shall see!

Bullaholic
10-29-2012, 11:46 AM
I think Krum and/or Gainesville should be worthy of a Top 25 look at this point, and especially the winner of their game Friday.

Matthew328
10-29-2012, 12:06 PM
Krum's opponents record is 17-56, Gainesville's opponents record is 24-46...that's pretty much why neither is in the top 25

83Indian
10-29-2012, 12:35 PM

I hear you Matt. The Connally loss was a bad loss that we should have won. Alvarado is a team that has a match up problem with a good spread offense. You won't beat Alvarado with just a good run attack or mediocre pass attack. I don't know much about the teams in the R1 D2 playoff bracket. I think Gatesville might be a matchup problem for Alvarado. We will score around 25 - 30 points on most teams. i know I am partial but really feel we can make a run in the playoffs. we have played a fairly tough schedule and I believe it will benefit come playoff time.

movethechain
10-29-2012, 12:44 PM
Krum's opponents record is 17-56, Gainesville's opponents record is 24-46...that's pretty much why neither is in the top 25

Yet, Kilgore is in at #5 with opponent record of 22-36. Note, Kilgore had their first game of the season cancelled due to hurricane. Below are their opponents/records:

Marshall 1-7
Sweeny 1-7
Mt.Pleasant 6-2
Spring Hill 3-6
Bullard 6-2
Gladewater 3-5
Chapel Hill 2-7
-----------------------

Will be very interesting seeing how the Henderson vs Kilgore game shakes.

Aggie98
10-29-2012, 02:02 PM
We don't care where we rank in this popularity contest. How many of the folks that vote on this have even seen us play?

Gsquared
10-29-2012, 02:11 PM
We don't care where we rank in this popularity contest. How many of the folks that vote on this have even seen us play?

Ive seen Kilgore play, but I dont vote.

Matthew328
10-29-2012, 03:04 PM
Yet, Kilgore is in at #5 with opponent record of 22-36. Note, Kilgore had their first game of the season cancelled due to hurricane. Below are their opponents/records:

Marshall 1-7
Sweeny 1-7
Mt.Pleasant 6-2
Spring Hill 3-6
Bullard 6-2
Gladewater 3-5
Chapel Hill 2-7
-----------------------

Will be very interesting seeing how the Henderson vs Kilgore game shakes.

Kilgore also has a little more of a track record and to be perfectly honest they look a lot better on film than Gainesville...including making the 4A quarters a year ago...hence their high ranking...

Matthew328
10-29-2012, 03:05 PM

It's a one man poll...I've watched 2 Kilgore games in HUDL and then took feedback from Grant

Pendragon13
10-29-2012, 03:26 PM
One of the teams on the 3A list has already beaten 3 of the top 25...(and one top 10) by good margins. Not implying anything, just sayin ;)

83Indian
10-29-2012, 03:35 PM
One of the teams on the 3A list has already beaten 3 of the top 25...(and one top 10) by good margins. Not implying anything, just sayin ;)

Quaterfinal matchup with Stephenville. That will be a good game!

toddg
10-29-2012, 03:38 PM

Stephenville?...thats what i was going to say..you just beat me to it!! they also beat the #2 4A team as well..

Aggie98
10-29-2012, 03:54 PM
It's a one man poll...I've watched 2 Kilgore games in HUDL and then took feedback from Grant

Thanks for the respect. I guess it makes for good conversation. As movethechains stated, everyone will know more about Kilgore after we play Henderson and Gilmer.

jason
10-29-2012, 04:00 PM

stephenville beat alvarado, glen rose, lavega (when they were in the top 5), the current 4A #2 aledo, and amarillo when they were in the 4a top 15.
they also beat abilene wylie 42-14 last year with pretty much the same players.

not implying anything, just sayin....

Pendragon13
10-29-2012, 04:05 PM
stephenville beat alvarado, glen rose, lavega (when they were in the top 5), the current 4A #2 aledo, and amarillo when they were in the 4a top 15.
they also beat abilene wylie 42-14 last year with pretty much the same players.

not implying anything, just sayin....This team is completely different than last year...took me a while to believe it myself but it's true. I hope the S'ville players and coaches are thinking like you however..:)

edit- LaVega isn't a big deal to us...we gave them their only loss the year they played for the SC, and then went down to their house and blew them out the following year..

83Indian
10-29-2012, 05:15 PM
This team is completely different than last year...took me a while to believe it myself but it's true. I hope the S'ville players and coaches are thinking like you however..:)

edit- LaVega isn't a big deal to us...we gave them their only loss the year they played for the SC, and then went down to their house and blew them out the following year..

Seriously, Stephenville and Wylie will be a great ball game!

IndianQbdad
10-29-2012, 06:36 PM
Seriously, Stephenville and Wylie will be a great ball game!
I agree....... It seems like everyone is counting Alvarado out. I admit , we have had our problems this year, had some opportunities that we did not capitalize on.... Etc....if they ever get everything together ,get a big win , a little momentum, then they can be a force to be reackoned with . They have the experience and I believe they have just enough talent to pull off the big one..... Of course the key word is. If....anyways good luck to our Indians from Alvarado and to everyone else in the playoffs

bigwood33
10-29-2012, 06:56 PM
I think Krum and/or Gainesville should be worthy of a Top 25 look at this point, and especially the winner of their game Friday.
I haven't seen the Leopards but I have seen Krum on film and they are not close to top 25. If they had been in District 9 last season, they would have finished next to last.
They are not very good.

Krumdad
10-29-2012, 08:50 PM
You know, the first couple times Krum was talked about on this forum no one wanted to even consider Krum as having any chance at going anywhere this season. As the season went on and they continued to win there always seemed to be some excuse as to why they were winning. Either it was a 2A team or a "wise county door mat " that they beat. Everyone kept saying wait until they play some real teams like Decatur or Bridgeport. Well if I remember right they not only played them, but beat them. Now the new excuse was if they were in this district last year they would have been dead last. This isn't last year. Like it or not, weather they are good or bad , Krum is 9-0 in there first year of district play. I know there is always going to be someone that has something negative to say and I suppose that is fine. To those of you who have realized what is going on in Krum and can see the program they are starting to build I thank you. Now let's go play one more "not very good" game before this " not very good " team goes to the playoffs.

regaleagle
10-29-2012, 08:56 PM
Well stated, Krumdad. I am the one poster on here that even brought up Krum to begin with, and gave them their due credit as I followed their stats and their season. They have soundly beat every team on their schedule, and it's not easy to schedule really good teams your first year. I'm very excited for the Krum team, and their fanbase. It's great to be a winner, ain't it! You bet your bottom dollar it is . Beats the heck out of losing. You build a program by winning, build interest and community support, get more students involved at all levels and grades, and the confidence soars. Next thing ya know, you're scheduling and playing better competition, and getting better. Now your program has taken off. Good start, Krum.

83Indian
10-29-2012, 09:00 PM
You know, the first couple times Krum was talked about on this forum no one wanted to even consider Krum as having any chance at going anywhere this season. As the season went on and they continued to win there always seemed to be some excuse as to why they were winning. Either it was a 2A team or a "wise county door mat " that they beat. Everyone kept saying wait until they play some real teams like Decatur or Bridgeport. Well if I remember right they not only played them, but beat them. Now the new excuse was if they were in this district last year they would have been dead last. This isn't last year. Like it or not, weather they are good or bad , Krum is 9-0 in there first year of district play. I know there is always going to be someone that has something negative to say and I suppose that is fine. To those of you who have realized what is going on in Krum and can see the program they are starting to build I thank you. Now let's go play one more "not very good" game before this " not very good " team goes to the playoffs.

Well said Krumdad. Take care of Gainsville and good luck in the playoffs

IndianQbdad
10-29-2012, 09:17 PM
Well stated, Krumdad. I am the one poster on here that even brought up Krum to begin with, and gave them their due credit as I followed their stats and their season. They have soundly beat every team on their schedule, and it's not easy to schedule really good teams your first year. I'm very excited for the Krum team, and their fanbase. It's great to be a winner, ain't it! You bet your bottom dollar it is . Beats the heck out of losing. You build a program by winning, build interest and community support, get more students involved at all levels and grades, and the confidence soars. Next thing ya know, you're scheduling and playing better competition, and getting better. Now your program has taken off. Good start, Krum.

Same thing happened in Alvarado . I'm sure Henderson and t Chappell hill two years ago were saying alva"who". Then sc game comes along and what do you know, there is Alvarado playing in its first sc game in school history. Gave Henderson and ch all they wanted. Lost sc by 1 point . Should have won, about to score late for the win and fumbled. Now when Alvarado travels the whole town comes with us... Lol. It's a winning tradition that has started by coach Dixon and it is great for our kids and community.

Matthew328
10-30-2012, 07:19 AM
Krum deserves a ton of credit for the 9-0 start....I can't think of a single first year program to accomplish that, its something to be proud of. But when you look at it from a statewide perspective and ranking teams their schedule is that of a first year school, designed to get them wins and build confidence. Which is what the staff SHOULD do. Props to them for that. As for hard to good teams as a first year school, I disagree 100%. The line formed to the left for schools to play Krum at realignment, Krum had their pick of the litter on who to schedule. They smartly chose to schedule soft, I can assure you in 2014 their non-district schedule will be much, much tougher.

regaleagle
10-30-2012, 07:56 AM
Yeah, I guess there's always teams looking to get some early wins, huh? And Krum must've looked ripe for the picking, LOL. Maybe they might've done better than you and most think they would have, haha. They ain't THAT bad, you have to admit. Might not be undefeated, but heck, they could be 7-2 with a decent schedule, just the same.

jason
10-30-2012, 08:19 AM
i hate to burst the krum bubble....BUT....

sanger 0-8
decatur 3-6
bridgeport 3-5
burkburnett 1-7
hirschi 2-7
paradise 0-7
alvord 1-7
farmersville 4-4
caddo mills 3-7

is going 10-0 vs cupcakes and getting beat by 50 in the first round really something to be proud of?

Txbroadcaster
10-30-2012, 08:23 AM

sanger 0-8
decatur 3-6
bridgeport 3-5
burkburnett 1-7
hirschi 2-7
paradise 0-7
alvord 1-7
farmersville 4-4
caddo mills 3-7

is going 10-0 vs cupcakes and getting beat by 50 in the first round really something to be proud of?

For a first time in UIL team yes it is

Krumdad
10-30-2012, 08:27 AM
Getting beat by 50 in the first round. Didn't know playoffs had already started. Guess I missed that game!

Matthew328
10-30-2012, 08:37 AM
Yeah, I guess there's always teams looking to get some early wins, huh? And Krum must've looked ripe for the picking, LOL. Maybe they might've done better than you and most think they would have, haha. They ain't THAT bad, you have to admit. Might not be undefeated, but heck, they could be 7-2 with a decent schedule, just the same.

Exactly...but Krum was smart with who they scheduled and no Krum's not bad at all.....top 40 team for sure....but facing Celina or Argyle in Rd 1 won't be pretty

firstdown
10-30-2012, 09:01 AM

Well I hope we get to play Krum.

Bullaholic
10-30-2012, 09:08 AM

sanger 0-8
decatur 3-6
bridgeport 3-5
burkburnett 1-7
hirschi 2-7
paradise 0-7
alvord 1-7
farmersville 4-4
caddo mills 3-7

Krum is better than that schedule indicates, jason. Big 'O' line, several quick backs, and a pretty good tackling 'D'. They won't get beat by 50 by anybody.

Bullaholic
10-30-2012, 09:47 AM

You may be tough enough to hang out in this neighborhood, Krumdad..:D Krum has a good team and I'm glad the Bulls played them---although I wish it would have been in one of our better years. Best of luck to the Bobcats in the playoffs---it will be the most fun you and the boys have ever had---the sendoffs, the trips, nice big stadiums usually with turf, and especially the post-game meals with fans and players at a restaurant, if you plan to have them.

wimbo_pro
10-30-2012, 11:00 AM
I dont care if they are playing 7th grade competition...in their 1st year, they have at least learned to line up and kick off properly! LOL....I like hearing this, an upstart doing well. I wish Krumb the best. Not knowing a thing about them, I say if they win a play off game (much less 2 or 3), I will be surprised....more impressed I suppose. Good luck to Krumb!

GrTigers6
10-30-2012, 01:09 PM
I dont care if they are playing 7th grade competition...in their 1st year, they have at least learned to line up and kick off properly! LOL....I like hearing this, an upstart doing well. I wish Krumb the best. Not knowing a thing about them, I say if they win a play off game (much less 2 or 3), I will be surprised....more impressed I suppose. Good luck to Krumb!

Just FYI Its KRUM No B at the end.:D