PDA

View Full Version : Will Navasota go D1?

WOS87
10-28-2012, 06:03 PM
The 18-3A Race in regards to whether Navasota goes D1 or D2 is coming down to the wire. The way it will work... Navasota has the 2nd highest enrollment in the district behind Taylor.

If Taylor makes the playoffs Navasota will go D2
If Taylor misses the playoffs Navasota will go D1

This will have implications across the state on the difficulty of the various brackets given we're discussing the #1 team in the state

18-3A Standings

Navasota 2-0 (8-0)
Caldwell 1-1 (1-6)
Taylor 1-1 (3-5)
Rockdale 1-2 (4-5)
Madisonville 1-2 (5-4)

There are 4 Games remaining to be played in the district:

Navasota @ Caldwell (Navasota heavy favorite)
Madisonville @ Taylor
Caldwell @ Rockdale
Taylor @ Navasota (Navasota heavy favorite)

Projected standings giving Navasota two more wins

Navasota 4-0
Caldwell 1-2
Taylor 1-2
Rockdale 1-2
Madisonville 1-2

From what I can see it's essentially gonna come down to the Taylor vs Madisonville game next week. If Taylor loses Navasota is pretty much guaranteed to go D1. If Taylor wins, Navasota goes D2.

HEMOTOXIC
10-28-2012, 07:45 PM
All depends on which Taylor team shows up. The one that beat Rockdale or the team that loss to a previously winless Caldwell team.

Sville
10-28-2012, 07:49 PM
The Rattlers will have a brutal road to Arlington either way they go. But if it was me I would prefer to go D1 with the current setup. You have one less game to win it all.

HEMOTOXIC
10-28-2012, 08:09 PM
The Rattlers will have a brutal road to Arlington either way they go. But if it was me I would prefer to go D1 with the current setup. You have one less game to win it all.

True. I've talked to some of the players, to them, it's doesn't matter. They are just ready for the playoffs to start and to show the state what Navasota is all about.

I would much rather go division 1. Division 2 will have Lorena, China Spring, or Connally, WOS, An improved Coldspring team, La Marque, Columbia, etc.

Once we get by La Vega then it's probably Carthage. The quarterfinals will probably be the easiest of all three game. IMO, the winner of Navasota vs Carthage plays in the championship.

Gontex
10-29-2012, 06:35 AM
True. I've talked to some of the players, to them, it's doesn't matter. They are just ready for the playoffs to start and to show the state what Navasota is all about.

I would much rather go division 1. Division 2 will have Lorena, China Spring, or Connally, WOS, An improved Coldspring team, La Marque, Columbia, etc.

Once we get by La Vega then it's probably Carthage. The quarterfinals will probably be the easiest of all three game. IMO, the winner of Navasota vs Carthage plays in the championship.

Might as well cancel the rest of the season and just hand you the trophy! Lots of assumptions being made here. You don't know how everything is going to play out. Somebody could get hurt or some team could come in and surprise you. Football takes lots of funny bounces and the best team doesn't always win.

HEMOTOXIC
10-29-2012, 08:24 AM
Might as well cancel the rest of the season and just hand you the trophy! Lots of assumptions being made here. You don't know how everything is going to play out. Somebody could get hurt or some team could come in and surprise you. Football takes lots of funny bounces and the best team doesn't always win.

You don't say! Dude these are all predictions. You know, Nostradamus, kinda of what he did. You are not going to go in assuming you are going to lose, are you? This is all what ifs. Just like we still don't know if Navasota is going division 1 or 2. Seriously?

Manso/V8
10-29-2012, 08:43 AM
..........the team that loss to a previously winless Caldwell team.

What happened in that game?

HEMOTOXIC
10-29-2012, 08:47 AM
What happened in that game?

I have no clue. Not exactly one of those games that you go out to scout. Btw, good win for Bellville against Wharton.

Rabid Cougar
10-29-2012, 09:15 AM

Man, I am glad that all this has already been determined.

HEMOTOXIC
10-29-2012, 09:26 AM
U
Man, I am glad that all this has already been determined.

Obviously, Nothing has yet been determined. This thread is whether Navasota goes division 1 or division 2. With that said, I added the possible playoff matchups. I never claimed a championship; however, I do know football and I do know that Navasota is a damn good team and is, IMO, one of the top 3 in the state. Yes, I'm aware anything can happen. But, who makes a prediction about the #1 team in the state and has them losing? Whether that team is Gonzalez, China Spring, Navasota, or Stephenville, naturally one would believe in that team's chances. I can't believe how some get their panties in a wad based on a fact less prediction. LMAO! Seriously?

scrub c
10-29-2012, 09:27 AM

No doubt, D-1 is the way to go... because you only have to win 5 to get a championship.

hollywood
10-29-2012, 10:56 AM
So it really comes down to this week? Madisonville @ Taylor. Funny, we played Taylor in the first round of the playoff's my junior year at Brownwood. Floyd Casey stadium on a rainy day. The turf was soaked and we had an all out field day with the Ducks. You'd slide 5 yards on the turf on a tackle. I played safety and was the gunner on kickoff as well. Never forget the look on the Duck's kickoff returner when he received the ball on the 5 yrd line and I was 2 feet from him on a dead run. His eye about popped out of his helmet. lol He fumbled after the hit and we recovered for a TD. Man that was fun.

Anyway, I hope Navasota goes DI. What a SC game that would be if Ville and Sota were to play.

Lot's of really good teams will be in the mix so nothing is guaranteed obviously, good luck to all. It's getting to be my favorite time of the year! HS football playoffs, deer season, Thanksgiving, College Bowl Games, Christmas... oh man!

So it really comes down to this week? Madisonville @ Taylor. Funny, we played Taylor in the first round of the playoff's my junior year at Brownwood. Floyd Casey stadium on a rainy day. The turf was soaked and we had an all out field day with the Ducks. You'd slide 5 yards on the turf on a tackle. I played safety and was the gunner on kickoff as well. Never forget the look on the Duck's kickoff returner when he received the ball on the 5 yrd line and I was 2 feet from him on a dead run. His eye about popped out of his helmet. lol He fumbled after the hit and we recovered for a TD. Man that was fun.

Anyway, I hope Navasota goes DI. What a SC game that would be if Ville and Sota were to play.

Lot's of really good teams will be in the mix so nothing is guaranteed obviously, good luck to all. It's getting to be my favorite time of the year! HS football playoffs, deer season, Thanksgiving, College Bowl Games, Christmas... oh man!

Navasota has a decent chance to beat Stephenville.

hollywood
10-29-2012, 11:23 AM
Navasota has a decent chance to beat Stephenville.

Stats prove that

Rabid Cougar
10-29-2012, 12:09 PM
U

Obviously, Nothing has yet been determined. This thread is whether Navasota goes division 1 or division 2. With that said, I added the possible playoff matchups. I never claimed a championship; however, I do know football and I do know that Navasota is a damn good team and is, IMO, one of the top 3 in the state. Yes, I'm aware anything can happen. But, who makes a prediction about the #1 team in the state and has them losing? Whether that team is Gonzalez, China Spring, Navasota, or Stephenville, naturally one would believe in that team's chances. I can't believe how some get their panties in a wad based on a fact less prediction. LMAO! Seriously?

No panites in a wad, just amused. ;)

OldBison75
10-29-2012, 12:36 PM
Cougar, it is really funny that one time this year a poster from Navasota makes a comment that they think the Rattlers can make it to the Championship game and gets attacked, even though the Rattlers are currently ranked #1. However, posters from other places like Stephenville, Carthage, Columbia, and so forth can predict having a good chance to make the big game and everyone just says good luck. We are here for your amusement---wish we would get a shot at you guys to amuse you more.

Dub-C
10-29-2012, 12:55 PM
Cougar, it is really funny that one time this year a poster from Navasota makes a comment that they think the Rattlers can make it to the Championship game and gets attacked, even though the Rattlers are currently ranked #1. However, posters from other places like Stephenville, Carthage, Columbia, and so forth can predict having a good chance to make the big game and everyone just says good luck. We are here for your amusement---wish we would get a shot at you guys to amuse you more.

Idk who from Columbia thinks we are gonna win it all, but I do hope to see Navasota go all the way. WC just wants to be able to compete with La Marque.first, before anything else.

Ville-D
10-29-2012, 01:50 PM

That would be a good game.

Sota will probably go D2 - my opinion...

Sville
10-29-2012, 02:13 PM
Sota definitely has an offense that would give Sville matchup problems and vice versa.

Bullaholic
10-29-2012, 02:17 PM
Predictions--outrageous or serious-- are the lifeblood for board discussion---I want to read all we can get.

HEMOTOXIC
10-29-2012, 02:55 PM
Division 1.... La Vega v Navasota, Carthage v Palestine, Silsbee v Huffman, Stafford v Houston Yates - These are the possible Region 3 matchups in division 1. Say what you want, but, IMO, the top half of this bracket with La Vega, Navasota, Carthage, and Palestine will be the favorite against any other team that makes it to the Quarterfinals. And based on what each team has done for 9 weeks, IMO, Carthage, Navasota and Silsbee will have to be the favorite to come out of region 3.

If anyone else has a better logical scenerio(s), please be my guest to share. I don't see any ammusment in my predition. Carthage and Navasota are the two best teams that will be in Division 1 Region 3. Assuming that Navasota goes division 1. I am sure many others will also predict that the winner of a Navasota/Carthage matchup will have a shot of going all the way to Dallas. In no way am I discrediting or looking past any possible matchups with a Region 4 opponent. IMO, Gonzalez or El Campo are the favorites. From my understanding, those two will matchup in the first round.

Rabid Cougar
10-29-2012, 02:58 PM

Well then , so not to be unlike the others and to sooth your ruffled scales..... I wish Navasota good luck. Just hope you can get past LaVega this time.

HEMOTOXIC
10-29-2012, 03:00 PM
Well then , so not to be unlike the others and to sooth your ruffled scales..... I wish Navasota good luck. Just hope you can get past LaVega this time.

Wow,We've played one game against La Vega , an overtime loss at that, in 2008. Just pray that we don't go Division 2 and end China's season in bidistrict.

Rabid Cougar
10-29-2012, 03:05 PM
Wow,We've played one game against La Vega , an overtime loss at that, in 2008. Just pray that we don't go Division 2 and end China's season in bidistrict.

I ain't scared.

Matthew328
10-29-2012, 03:08 PM
Division 1.... La Vega v Navasota, Carthage v Palestine, Silsbee v Huffman, Stafford v Houston Yates - These are the possible Region 3 matchups in division 1. Say what you want, but, IMO, the top half of this bracket with La Vega, Navasota, Carthage, and Palestine will be the favorite against any other team that makes it to the Quarterfinals. And based on what each team has done for 9 weeks, IMO, Carthage, Navasota and Silsbee will have to be the favorite to come out of region 3.

If anyone else has a better logical scenerio(s), please be my guest to share. I don't see any ammusment in my predition. Carthage and Navasota are the two best teams that will be in Division 1 Region 3. Assuming that Navasota goes division 1. I am sure many others will also predict that the winner of a Navasota/Carthage matchup will have a shot of going all the way to Dallas. In no way am I discrediting or looking past any possible matchups with a Region 4 opponent. IMO, Gonzalez or El Campo are the favorites. From my understanding, those two will matchup in the first round.

disagree, LaVega and Palestine would not be favored over El Campo..as it stands I think Carthage-El Campo would be a pick em game at the moment

Rabid Cougar
10-29-2012, 03:08 PM

I also know Taylor has a snow ball chance in hades of beating Navasota :D

HEMOTOXIC
10-29-2012, 03:09 PM
I ain't scared.

In all seriousness, I believe that every game in region 3, division 1 and 2, will be great contests. District 17 has some very good teams that can probably beat any other team in Region 3 on a good night..

HEMOTOXIC
10-29-2012, 03:10 PM
disagree, LaVega and Palestine would not be favored over El Campo..as it stands I think Carthage-El Campo would be a pick em game at the moment

Where did I say that?

Matthew328
10-29-2012, 03:11 PM
Where did I say that?

Say what you want, but, IMO, the top half of this bracket with La Vega, Navasota, Carthage, and Palestine will be the favorite against any other team that makes it to the Quarterfinals.

Thats your quote..Navasota would be favored over EC, Carthage is pick em...EC would be a favorite over Palestine and LaVega

HEMOTOXIC
10-29-2012, 03:12 PM
I also know Taylor has a snow ball chance in hades of beating Navasota :D

Probably not, but the big matchup will be on Friday against Madisonville in Taylor. Taylor is just a hard team to figure out... Madisonville has played most of the season with injuries and they still have tons of guys out. It will be interesting up until the final week.

Matthew328
10-29-2012, 03:13 PM
F Me....you said quarter-finals...EC would be semi-finals....my bad

HEMOTOXIC
10-29-2012, 03:13 PM
Say what you want, but, IMO, the top half of this bracket with La Vega, Navasota, Carthage, and Palestine will be the favorite against any other team that makes it to the Quarterfinals.

Thats your quote..Navasota would be favored over EC, Carthage is pick em...EC would be a favorite over Palestine and LaVega

The Quarterfinals will be the last two teams standing in region 3, the semifinals will be region 3 vs region 4, correct?

I was stating that of the 4, La Vega, Navasota, Carthage, and Palestine, whome ever comes out of the top part of that bracket would be the favorite against Silsbee, Huffman, Stafford and Yates in a quarterfinal matchup.

HEMOTOXIC
10-29-2012, 03:16 PM
F Me....you said quarter-finals...EC would be semi-finals....my bad

No harm no foul.... Boy I can't wait to get these playoffs started....

FB-fanatic
10-29-2012, 03:25 PM

It can be done (beating La Vega)..... wait a minute, we did do it. Good luck to the Rattlers.

HEMOTOXIC
10-29-2012, 03:29 PM
It can be done (beating La Vega)..... wait a minute, we did do it. Good luck to the Rattlers.

Thanks... Everyone needs a little luck. We will need it along the way. Good Luck to the Leopards as well..

navscanmaster
10-29-2012, 03:35 PM
Thanks... Everyone needs a little luck. We will need it along the way. Good Luck to the Leopards as well..Good lord Hemo, you seem to have a target on your chest this year. You've made lots of e-friends with Navasota's success, lol.

HEMOTOXIC
10-29-2012, 03:38 PM
Good lord Hemo, you seem to have a target on your chest this year. You've made lots of e-friends with Navasota's success, lol.

It seems that way....

Saggy Aggie
10-29-2012, 06:10 PM
Ironic that when WC finally goes D2 for the first time in a long time, that Navasota will probably go D1.

Still hoping for that matchup, though having seen the Rattlers... I don't think the results would be in our favor this year. Navasota just too damn good this year.

We'd give y'all a game though for sure.

Manso/V8
10-29-2012, 11:12 PM
Yeah, Navasota is like a really, really, really good Hempstead.

Saggy Aggie
10-30-2012, 12:08 AM

You realize that WC had 8 turnovers and like 16 or 17 penalties that game?

I doubt WC will play a game that bad in the next 10 years. Hempstead was alright, but WC just played about as bad as anyone can play that night. I promise you Bellville doesnt wanna see a matchup with WC this year.

26-6 at Katy Rhodes Stadium ring a bell?

scrub c
10-30-2012, 11:00 AM

I believe that.

and for the record, Hempstead is a pretty good football team, especially at their house...
both times we have played over there, we have struggled (2004 and 2012), not sure if its the 1/2 mile walk to the dressing room or what