PDA

View Full Version : Rockets trade for James Harden...

Saggy Aggie
10-27-2012, 09:55 PM
Woah...

83Indian
10-27-2012, 09:56 PM
Woah...

What did the Thunder get for him?

Saggy Aggie
10-27-2012, 10:02 PM
Kevin Martin & Jeremy lamb

83Indian
10-27-2012, 10:05 PM
Kevin Martin & Jeremy lamb

I have no idea how good those guys are but you knew it was a matter of time on how long OKC could keep those three together. Harden was critical to that team IMO.

Scoop27
10-27-2012, 10:07 PM
Rockets will never win a national championship again

Saggy Aggie
10-27-2012, 10:18 PM
Rockets will never win a national championship again

Bold statement. Not sure how you came to that conclusion, but okay.

Rockets also gave up some future draft picks.

And I think keep Serge Ibaka and Durant is the most important thing.

IMO, Westbrook and Harden we're both good players but weren't crucial. I think Lamb will end up being every bit as good as harden if not better. And Westbrook is good, but I don't think he's enough of a team player

Z's daddy
10-27-2012, 10:25 PM
I like the move for the Rockets. It gives them a guy who can break down the defense, and create his own shot. Hard and Lin in the backcourt is better than what they had last year. Morris down low is a complete player. This makes them better for the next few years. Is it good enough to make the playoffs in the West, not sure. But it does make them better.

Papá Oso
10-27-2012, 11:41 PM
Harden is only under contract for this coming year and OKC could see they wouldn't be able to sign him with their salary cap #'s so they were trying to get the most they could before he walked. The OKC front office brass came straight out of the Spurs operation and know how to build a championship contending team without spending money like the Knicks or Lakers. Does anyone see the rockets being able to sign him to a max deal? I don't think he has the game that you can build a championship team around so I'm not sure what the rockets were thinking but then again a bunch of what they do makes me scratch my head.

Saggy Aggie
10-27-2012, 11:48 PM
Rockets are hoping to sign him to a 4 year 60 mil $ deal

Papá Oso
10-28-2012, 12:16 AM
Rockets are hoping to sign him to a 4 year 60 mil $ deal

Kevin Martin and Jeremy Lamb, two first-round picks and a second-rounder are a lot to give up for a hope of signing him imo, if he doesn't sign and Lamb blows up it's not going to look good for Morey. Not to mention the draft picks.

Roughneck93
10-28-2012, 11:41 AM
Fear the Beard! :2thumbsup

Z's daddy
10-29-2012, 12:03 AM
Hardin says he will sign an extension with the Rockets, hopefully before the start of the season. He is a good piece and will provide them with the ability to score (and flop). Hopefully the Rockets can add some pieces around him. Not that he is the centerpiece, but he does make them better right away.