PDA

View Full Version : McCoy rallies Longhorns to 21-17 win over Kansas

Scoop27
10-27-2012, 04:32 PM
Missed the game on TV but listened on XM in the car
Case McCoy came off the bench to drive the Horns to two TD drives in the 4th quarter for the 21-17 win
David Ash may be losing his starting job
UT defense played well in the 2nd half-giving up only a field goal

raider red 2000
10-27-2012, 04:37 PM
It was KANSAS. No need to get excited.

Saggy Aggie
10-27-2012, 04:41 PM
It was KANSAS. No need to get excited.

^^^

Texas gave up 200+ rushing to KANSAS?!?!

raider red 2000
10-27-2012, 04:55 PM
^^^

That's not the team's fault. There were too many cameras there for the longhorn network. :)

Aesculus gilmus
10-27-2012, 05:24 PM
So it has come to this. "We" celebrate a come-from-behind victory over a winless-in-the-conference team? I don't think so.

OTOH, here comes Mack. I can hear him clapping in the distance. "Give Kansas credit. They are probably the best 1-7 team in the history of college football."

To think we have 20 more years of "MackBowdenPa" is almost too much to bear. All Texas opponents are lovin' it, though.

Texas is not a top tier team at this time. All that talent and still only above average. And they are my favorite team in football.

raider red 2000
10-27-2012, 05:35 PM
Texas will probably beat tech :(

Macarthur
10-27-2012, 05:36 PM
UT deserved to lose that game.

Papá Oso
10-27-2012, 06:03 PM
Tech may score 80 on that UT D.

raider red 2000
10-27-2012, 06:25 PM
Tech may score 80 on that UT D.

This guy would be a happy camper.

lbjacj
10-27-2012, 06:43 PM
^^^

Saggy I bet you wished the Aggies were playing Texas on Thanksgiving this year!

regaleagle
10-27-2012, 06:49 PM
McCoy seemed totally elated.....that should tell anyone enough.

Spanish Camp
10-27-2012, 07:13 PM
Texas is horrid. They were ranked 23rd?????? Why? They have been terrible all year.

Txbroadcaster
10-27-2012, 07:28 PM
UT deserved to lose that game.

Both teams deserved to lose that one LOL

Old Tiger
10-27-2012, 09:36 PM
Both teams deserved to lose that one LOL
The entire coaching staff needs to be replaced.

Gontex
10-28-2012, 07:58 AM
Texas is not a top tier team at this time. All that talent and still only above average. And they are my favorite team in football.

I'm not sure I would even call Texas an above average team. Again, it was Kansas and they struggled mightily. They are no longer one of the elite teams they used to be. I still think that Deloss should put old Mack out of his misery. Iaz (no D) should be collecting an unemployment check next year because there is no way he should be coaching anybody's defense. Did you see OU and ND? Now those guys put on a clinic about how to tackle. It would do Texas well to watch that game 10-12 times to see how defense is supposed to be played and how tackling should be done....Just my opinion and opinions are like noses, everybody (nearly) has one. BTW, Iowa State was beating Baylor last time I saw. Now there is an average team for you. Texas loses out to finish 6-6 and then goes to some cheap bowl game. How many are there now? 200???

1st and goal
10-28-2012, 09:04 AM
Yah, Mac was on TV touting the win and their 6-2 bowl eligibility. I'd love to see A&M face 'em in a bowl game. That would be a game to watch.....If you are an Aggie.

Saggy Aggie
10-28-2012, 11:21 AM
Yah, Mac was on TV touting the win and their 6-2 bowl eligibility. I'd love to see A&M face 'em in a bowl game. That would be a game to watch.....If you are an Aggie.

Lol 50-10 at halftime prolly

Gontex
10-28-2012, 01:35 PM
Lol 50-10 at halftime prolly

Don't think so. The Aggies would find a way to screw it up and lose. (LOL)

vtskneb
10-28-2012, 01:45 PM
This will go onto the side of the ledger which points to the poor state of the QB situation in Austin. I know the QBs don't play defense and they have that issue to iron as well this off-season, but if Brewer transfers like many are speculating things will not be much better next year either.

Buff42
10-28-2012, 10:03 PM
So it has come to this. "We" celebrate a come-from-behind victory over a winless-in-the-conference team? I don't think so.

OTOH, here comes Mack. I can hear him clapping in the distance. "Give Kansas credit. They are probably the best 1-7 team in the history of college football."

To think we have 20 more years of "MackBowdenPa" is almost too much to bear. All Texas opponents are lovin' it, though.

Please refer to my 50 million previous quotes that Mack is the most over rated coach in the FBS. I would love for A&M to get them in the Cotton Bowl this year.

hsbtex
10-29-2012, 03:24 AM
Please refer to my 50 million previous quotes that Mack is the most over rated coach in the FBS. I would love for A&M to get them in the Cotton Bowl this year.

My gosh would that be hysterical. Ol' DeLoss couldn't avoid them then!

DKfromDUB
10-29-2012, 05:50 AM
The entire coaching staff needs to be replaced.

:iagree:

Bring in Briles please!!!!

hookandladder
10-29-2012, 07:14 AM
This will go onto the side of the ledger which points to the poor state of the QB situation in Austin. I know the QBs don't play defense and they have that issue to iron as well this off-season, but if Brewer transfers like many are speculating things will not be much better next year either.

I would agree with you , their D does not help anything however I have said all along Ash and McCoy are not Top QB's that you would expect Texas to have. Also, the Swoope's kid is no QB. Texas is in a big hurt at this position and have no one other then Brewer on the rooster which I have seen him and not really impressed with him either, cannot beleive Texas cannot get a top notch QB. Mack wants to run the ball however you still have to have a QB that can use the play action pass and make good decisions, none of their QB's can do that right now.

Phil C
10-29-2012, 08:12 AM
A great comeback win over a Kansas team. Remember Kansas has been tough at home. And you have to remember they had a losing season in 1908 while we had a winning season yet we went up there and lost 12-0. So they are tough at home. But the Horns fought back and won the game and now they are bowl eligible!! Great job Horns! Dobbs needs to lock up that staff right now. And generous bonuses and raises please.

Deuce
10-29-2012, 08:38 AM
A great comeback win over a Kansas team. Remember Kansas has been tough at home. And you have to remember they had a losing season in 1908 while we had a winning season yet we went up there and lost 12-0. So they are tough at home. But the Horns fought back and won the game and now they are bowl eligible!! Great job Horns! Dobbs needs to lock up that staff right now. And generous bonuses and raises please.

Lmao!!

Rabid Cougar
10-29-2012, 08:52 AM

Ah no. That would bring down A&M's strength of schedule. They will stick with Miss. St. and Alabama.

buff4ever
10-29-2012, 09:32 AM

The aggies playing texas on thanksgiving would do nothing to help our ranking or strength of schedule. :D

Buff42
10-29-2012, 10:23 AM
Ah no. That would bring down A&M's strength of schedule. They will stick with Miss. St. and Alabama.

:fnypost:

Grahamcheerdad
10-29-2012, 03:01 PM
It is the Longhorn Networks fault that they sucked even before it started

Old Tiger
10-29-2012, 03:23 PM
:iagree:

Bring in Briles please!!!!

I would say Charlie Strong or Bob Diaco?

Sville
10-29-2012, 03:33 PM
It sure is going to be expensive for them to cut ties with Mack if UT does so. They gave him a contract extension this last Jan. to 2020 at 5.2 mil per with $100,000 a year raise. I don't know what his buyout is but I bet it ain't cheap.

It has been amazing to watch them drop like a rock as a program the last 4 years. I just can't believe they are as bad defensively with the talent they have, I can understand the offensive struggles with bad QB play but they should at least field a good D.

Maybe Mack can get Gene Ciznik back after this year as I doubt he survives at Auburn after this season.

Old Tiger
10-29-2012, 05:01 PM
It sure is going to be expensive for them to cut ties with Mack if UT does so. They gave him a contract extension this last Jan. to 2020 at 5.2 mil per with $100,000 a year raise. I don't know what his buyout is but I bet it ain't cheap.

It has been amazing to watch them drop like a rock as a program the last 4 years. I just can't believe they are as bad defensively with the talent they have, I can understand the offensive struggles with bad QB play but they should at least field a good D.

Maybe Mack can get Gene Ciznik back after this year as I doubt he survives at Auburn after this season.
Really not that expensive....during season it would be 3.25 mill....after the season 2.75 mill. According to some random poster somewhere else.

Buff42
10-29-2012, 05:45 PM

It will be a lot cheaper than the continued downward spiral and all that entails. If I was a betting man, and I am, I would guess Mack is rolling out the chopping block about now so he can save his job. Again.