PDA

View Full Version : Yoakum (5-3, 2-1) @ LaGrange (7-1, 3-0)

YTBulldogs
10-27-2012, 11:16 AM
LaGrange is in playoffs, Yoakum needs to win one of final 2 games to get in.

Pudlugger
10-27-2012, 12:22 PM
This will be another big test for the Leps. It is going to be very critical that the players stay focused after the huge victory over Giddings. With the District Championship on the line and home field advantage I say the Leps come out strong. The Lep offense has found the groove and are executing flawlessly. Meanwhile our defense is stronger than ever after being tested in the first two district games and unloading on Giddings last night. This will be an exciting game but in the end I think the Leps are on a roll and win by 2 tds.

YTBulldogs
10-28-2012, 09:43 AM
Appears most likely, and as many of us predicted, the Giddings game (last game of the year) will be for the final playoff spot. Wonder if we can move this game to Giddings, and also let them host next years game too? We play better on the road (undefeated this year) and just one win at home.:vrycnfsd:

underthetepee
10-28-2012, 10:38 AM
Dang YT-was there another event or something happening in Yoakum last friday besides the game.. Not many Dawg fans in the stands. Very surprised!
Appears most likely, and as many of us predicted, the Giddings game (last game of the year) will be for the final playoff spot. Wonder if we can move this game to Giddings, and also let them host next years game too? We play better on the road (undefeated this year) and just one win at home.:vrycnfsd:

29-3aFAN
10-28-2012, 10:40 AM
Dang YT-was there another event or something happening in Yoakum last friday besides the game.. Not many Dawg fans in the stands. Very surprised! It sucked, weather I guess. I drove from Victoria to watch.

Pudlugger
10-28-2012, 06:25 PM
It sucked, weather I guess. I drove from Victoria to watch.

OK enough already about the bad weather turnout. What do you project for next Friday? This is going to be a big game. Yoakum has a chance to control their playoff destiny. What can we expect?

Pudlugger
10-28-2012, 07:12 PM
Bueller? Bueller? crickets....

Pudlugger
10-29-2012, 08:13 AM
The Leps ended their game last week with a goal line stand to preserve a shut out win over rival Giddings. That translates into momentum going into this game. Our defense is playing their best game all year and our offense seems to have found their rhythm and are rolling. Yoakum is also a traditional rival and this week we will be ready to rumble. The District Championship is on the line.

Pudlugger
10-30-2012, 07:56 AM
The Harris and Padilla lines have the Leps by 18 and 16 points respectively. You never can count on these polls though as it comes down to which team is most fired up and executes the best. Talent and depth favor the Leps but Yoakum is fighting for a playoff spot and will come into Lep Stadium ready to rumble. The Leps will be defending their status as #1 in district and will be trying to preserve their unbeaten record so they have much on the line as well. This will again be a big game in D26.

txsportswriter
10-31-2012, 01:26 AM
Myself and YT Bulldogs have been dealing with a death in the family (his mother and my grandmother), hence not much talk this week. We love our football, but family comes first. Things have been tough this past weekend and so far this week. Hope we can get back around to chatting the game up later this week. Take care guys and of course, GO BULLDOGS!

Pudlugger
10-31-2012, 06:48 AM
Myself and YT Bulldogs have been dealing with a death in the family (his mother and my grandmother), hence not much talk this week. We love our football, but family comes first. Things have been tough this past weekend and so far this week. Hope we can get back around to chatting the game up later this week. Take care guys and of course, GO BULLDOGS!

Sorry for your loss txsports. Prayers sent.

1st and goal
10-31-2012, 01:19 PM
sorry for your grandmother txsports, Prayers sent too from College Station.

YTBulldogs
11-01-2012, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the thoughts, prayers and well wishes for my mother's passing. She's the one in a better place now. RIP momma.

Now, my take on this game. It's a big game, and another step forward in our mission. We must control that monster at LDE. WOW, what a beast!!!! Maybe put 2, three guys on him at times? And, take our chances with our speed getting the corners against the other very good 10 players. This guy at DE, is the best defensive player by far in the district/region/state. Watching him on HUDL, it's scary. There comes times, you just risk it, and make sure you control "the stud" best you can and take your chances elsewhere. He is that good people.

I do see us being able to throw effectively. Hopefully, that will later open up some running lanes? It will take another "TEAM" effort on the Bulldogs part to win this one in LaGrange. Luckily for us, it's on the road. Players thrive off the opposing fan's and putting on a good road-show for them. Yes, it's a homer-pick here. LG depth compared to ours is lopsided big time, but---it's been like that all year in district for us.

Yoakum 38
LaGrange 35

I don't see Smithville firing at all against Giddings. Tigers packed it in already. So, it will come down to next week's game in Yoakum for the final playoff team in D26. We are trying to move that Giddings game to Petersville, just west of Yoakum. Yoakum ISD owns a pasture piece out there.:spitlol:

hookandladder
11-01-2012, 03:56 PM
I asked one of our coaches before District started about our chances in District, he said bottom line we have to play well every week or we will not win. No different this week, Yoakum has as much talent as anyone in District so we must play well on both sides of the ball. Looking forward to a great game, Tailgate Party starts at 5pm. Go Leps.

Pudlugger
11-01-2012, 04:54 PM
I asked one of our coaches before District started about our chances in District, he said bottom line we have to play well every week or we will not win. No different this week, Yoakum has as much talent as anyone in District so we must play well on both sides of the ball. Looking forward to a great game, Tailgate Party starts at 5pm. Go Leps.

You are correct hook, Yoakum is a very good football team with a great passing game. Our secondary will need to maintain tight coverage and our front 4 must keep pressure on their qb who can scramble well out of the pocket. I like how Coach Kates managed the play calling last week and expect to see a few more facets of our offense this Friday. Our special teams have really been a pleasant surprise this season. I hope they continue on their trajectory and help the Leps win the District Championship. Go Leps!

29-3aFAN
11-01-2012, 11:55 PM
How did freshman and JV do?

YTBulldogs
11-02-2012, 09:32 AM
LG 9th and JV won. Pretty exciting games.

regaleagle
11-02-2012, 10:35 AM
I reckon those LaGrangers and Yoakumites will see a jimdandy game tonite. Just can't see the Bdogs laying an egg in this one. The Leotards...oops, I mean Leopards...better bring their best game into the stadium, or they may be wondering what happened come Saturday morn. This will not be a game LaGrange can cruise in....they'll have to give a great effort against the Bulldogs to win this one, JMO. Look for an upset here tonite......the proverbial "letdown-everything that could go wrong did" kind of thing.

hookandladder
11-02-2012, 12:41 PM
I reckon those LaGrangers and Yoakumites will see a jimdandy game tonite. Just can't see the Bdogs laying an egg in this one. The Leotards...oops, I mean Leopards...better bring their best game into the stadium, or they may be wondering what happened come Saturday morn. This will not be a game LaGrange can cruise in....they'll have to give a great effort against the Bulldogs to win this one, JMO. Look for an upset here tonite......the proverbial "letdown-everything that could go wrong did" kind of thing.

You make some valid points and it could very well happen , I know our coaches have stressed hard for the last 3 weeks about staying focus. After our game with Gonzales we faced these same issues and we did respond well enough to win, with that being said the players know very well the oppurtunity that is at hand. All we can do as fans is trust our coaches and players, we are looking for a dogfight tonight again. Good Luck to both teams and also for an injury free game.Go Leps.

29-3aFAN
11-02-2012, 06:48 PM
Is this game on the net?

regaleagle
11-02-2012, 08:25 PM
Score update??

29-3aFAN
11-02-2012, 08:37 PM
14-6 La Grange @ half

29-3aFAN
11-02-2012, 09:26 PM
21-21 4th qrter bout to start

Old Green
11-02-2012, 09:31 PM
21-21 4th qrter bout to start:clap:

29-3aFAN
11-02-2012, 09:44 PM
La Grange up 28-27 6 min left

44INAROW
11-02-2012, 09:46 PM
Come on Bulldogs...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

29-3aFAN
11-02-2012, 09:59 PM
28-27 Final La Grange, 2 blocked XP's

Roughneck93
11-02-2012, 10:36 PM
28-27 Final La Grange, 2 blocked XP's

Wow, sounds like this was a great game.

YTBulldogs
11-02-2012, 11:37 PM
One blocked xtra point (after our 1st TD), one wide left, on our final TD. Was a great game, by two teams that played hard. Can't wait to see on HUDL, "if" that onsides kick went 10 yards. I say no, Hook say's it did. Regardless, congrats to LaGrange and best wishes in the playoffs. Had the Dog's won tonight, we'd be in already. Nothing to hang our heads about. LG is a solid club, and they made the play's when it counted. Great play by #3 not scoring with 1:25 remaining on the screen pass.

Time to prepare for Giddings, and earn that final spot at home next Friday. Yoakum for sure will be ready I assure you. Our D26 playoff teams will be prepared for the playoff's, cause all the district games have been like playoff games already.

hookandladder
11-02-2012, 11:50 PM
Great game , Yoakum has some skilled players that made great plays. La Grange picked 4th in Distrcit and DISTRICT CHAMPS BABY, NUFF SAID.

Pudlugger
11-02-2012, 11:59 PM
Great game Yoakum. Every time the Leps went in front the Bulldogs came back biting us on the ankles and making big plays with their very talented athletes. The big play was 4th and 2 on the Yoakum 40 with about a minute and a half left. Yoakum had no time outs left. The Leps on a play action with qb Vinklarek rolling to the right threw back to the left to #3 rb Fillmore who drifted over to the left flat. Fillmore made the 1st down but slipped two tacklers and had a clear path to the endzone but slid downing the run on the 1 yardline. That sealed the fate for the Bulldogs who had to endure the last minute ticking off with the Leps in Victory formation taking 4 knees. Final 28-27. I thought the second failed PAT was partially blocked but will differ to the films.

zebrablue2
11-03-2012, 12:13 AM
Closer game then I thought. congrats to the Leps!!!

hookandladder
11-03-2012, 12:17 AM
Closer game then I thought. congrats to the Leps!!!

In this Distrcit there are no easy games, play well every night or lose. Just ask Giddings and Gonzales.

Pudlugger
11-03-2012, 12:57 AM
In this Distrcit there are no easy games, play well every night or lose. Just ask Giddings and Gonzales.

So right hook no easy games. Hope we get the offense settled next week. I think our D got cannibalized to fill Supak's spot and moving our noseguard Schindler to guard. I think that hurt us on defense and was part of the problem in lack of consistency on offense. Maybe another week of practice will smooth out the wrinkles. On the bright side #14 Scott made some good receptions and blocked well but he is a beast on defense plugging up the middle with #99 Kolek. Hope to see Supak back in time for play offs.

txsportswriter
11-03-2012, 01:05 AM
I hate to lose those one-point games. If not for trick plays, including a sneaky onside kick that only went 8 yards and a fake punt, LG would have lost this game. I give credit to the LG coaching staff for those tricks. Loved the play call on 4th-and-2 when Filmore snuck out to the left flats while Vinklarek rolled to his right. Also liked the reverse QB pass back. We finally ran our first trick play of the season and it worked. Also just figured out that even if we beat Giddings, we can miss the playoffs should Cuero beat La Grange and Gonzales beat Smithville. So with that said, GO LEOPARDS!!!!!

Manso/V8
11-03-2012, 01:30 AM
Great game , Yoakum has some skilled players that made great plays. La Grange picked 4th in Distrcit and DISTRICT CHAMPS BABY, NUFF SAID.

Congrats on the district championship, enjoy it........you've got a whole 'nother season ahead of you!

Pudlugger
11-03-2012, 07:17 AM
I hate to lose those one-point games. If not for trick plays, including a sneaky onside kick that only went 8 yards and a fake punt, LG would have lost this game. I give credit to the LG coaching staff for those tricks. Loved the play call on 4th-and-2 when Filmore snuck out to the left flats while Vinklarek rolled to his right. Also liked the reverse QB pass back. We finally ran our first trick play of the season and it worked. Also just figured out that even if we beat Giddings, we can miss the playoffs should Cuero beat La Grange and Gonzales beat Smithville. So with that said, GO LEOPARDS!!!!!

Thanks txsports I know it was a tough loss but Yoakum deserves a tremendous amount of credit for almost coming back for the win. I sat high up on the 50 yard line and the onsides kick was caught high up about 6 feet right past the 50 yard line. The Refs got it right. I'll be interested in what the films show though but I got a great look at it from my vantage point looking right down the 50 yard line stripe.

We will give it our best next week and hopefully win against a fired up rolling thunder Gobbler team.

YTBulldogs
11-03-2012, 11:58 AM
I concur, the on-side kick appeared good to me once I seen it on HUDL just now. Great play calling by Lep's staff. Congrats LaGrange. Was a great, exciting game. And, I'm in the minority, I loved the old stadium. At least ya'll have grass.:2thumbsup

Give em hell in the playoff's Lep's. Your dern sure playoff ready going through this district, possibly undefeated.

YTBulldogs
11-03-2012, 12:16 PM
Was great seeing Homer Bailey too at the game.

Pudlugger
11-03-2012, 03:24 PM
I concur, the on-side kick appeared good to me once I seen it on HUDL just now. Great play calling by Lep's staff. Congrats LaGrange. Was a great, exciting game. And, I'm in the minority, I loved the old stadium. At least ya'll have grass.:2thumbsup

Give em hell in the playoff's Lep's. Your dern sure playoff ready going through this district, possibly undefeated.

That makes me feel better YT 'cause that's how I saw it from the third from the top row on the 50 yl. The kick was one of the best onsides kicks I've witnessed in hs football. It took a 7 foot high bounce right on the 50 and our guy caught it on the fly. It was a huge boost to our team but the momentum quickly shifted with the 75 yard scamper by your elite qb. In fact it was back and forth with big plays all night. Good luck and beat Giddings.

Pudlugger
11-03-2012, 03:35 PM
Was great seeing Homer Bailey too at the game.

Yeah me too. Homer is a town hero. In fact I remember watching my son struggling in baseball Little League years ago he was on the team with Homer. Mrs. Pudlugger, who is not a sports nut like me, could not understand the emphatic cheering and yelling by kids' parents in the stands during the games. She remarked to me something like this" I don't get it why these parents take this all so seriously. It's not like any of these kids will make the pros or something!" Well we get a lot of laughs over that remark now.

BTW Homer played two seasons for the Leps his freshman year and senior year choosing to concentrate on baseball training camps and private leagues in between. Well in 2000 La Grange beat Forney in the State Championship and that following Spring the Leps with Homer pitching beat Forney in the State Baseball Championships! To add to the insult in 2004 with Homer pitching the Leps beat Forney in the State Championship game again. La Grange is Forney's nemesis.