PDA

View Full Version : Bandera vs Medina Valley

SoTexClone
09-03-2003, 10:45 AM
Last year's game was a blowout for the Dogs and I expect another one this year. Of course, I AM a little biased. I think the Big Blue will show everyone in Texas that last year was no fluke. Medina Valley is no longer the program it used to be. They just don't have the kids.

Dogs 30
Panthers 13

Crow22
09-04-2003, 09:47 AM
Well, here at Panther Valley we just hope to keep it close. I mean, last year was 42-6. They're the defending State Champs, we're coming off a 1-9 season. We just want to be respectable and not get blown out. Home opener for a new staff at Bandera with an easy game for a big win, right?

bulldogvet85
09-04-2003, 01:54 PM
I think medina valley will have a better chance of hanging in there against bandera. Bandera is going to be great again this year no doubt but they still might be adjusting to some changes so my thought is that the game might be a little closer this year than last year

<small>[ September 04, 2003, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: bulldogvet85 ]</small>

BULLDOGFAN
09-04-2003, 02:48 PM
Good luck to the Medina Cats'. Would be nice to see you guys get back to your glory days. Nobaody likes being spanked, exceptsome of the Ya Ya's. On the other hand it will be real interesting to see what the new dogs have this year. I hope we do well.. we really need for Coach Grover to do well and keep the naysayers at bay. he is a class act.

Bandera YaYa
09-04-2003, 04:09 PM
Hey now...keep it clean here!! wink wink Don't want anyone to get the wrong impression....

Good luck to our Dogs, I hope they play well against Medina Valley. There are alot of changes this year, so we'll have to have alot of patience. I have always had alot of respect for Medina Valley....except for their orange pumpkin helmets!! Get black ones!!!!

Well...."Cuff 'em and Spank 'em"!! Ya Ya!!

SintonFan
09-04-2003, 04:22 PM
28-14 Bandera
All those extra games from last year will help the kids at Bandera(even if it was with a different system). Medina Valley will be improved with decent speed. They have another year with Emerson's wing-t and probably won't go 1-9 this year.
Good luck Bulldogs!

txrangers
09-05-2003, 11:25 AM
MV is just hoping that they can Hang with the defending state champs. Bandera lost a lot of kids last year and have a new coaching staff, but they will show up and give the panthers a good game.

How did Bandera's sub-varsity do against MV's sub-varsity teams last year?

txrangers
09-05-2003, 01:42 PM
How is Grover adjusting to life in the Hill Country?

has Bandera made any improvements to their facilities?

Bandera YaYa
09-05-2003, 04:55 PM
I think he's fitting in well, the kids seem to like him and so I think it's a good fit. Time will tell. It's gotta be hard having a new coach, especially for the seniors this year. Coach Williamson is just not easily replaced, but I think we got someone who is really good. The old coaches say he's alot like Williamson, so that's good.
Yes, our facility is old, but I wouldn't want to watch the Dogs anywhere else. Last year, they did move the sidelines back, so there is about 10 more feet on each side, not so close to the stands now. It's Bulldog territory and I hope it always will be.!

Peace and YaYa!!

Bandera YaYa
09-05-2003, 04:58 PM
Also, I hope the kids don't have too much pressure on them to win. I want them to play well for themselves, you know what I mean? I'm sure there will be alot of adjusting before District rolls around. It has to be hard to switch after so many years of doing it one way.
Anyway, Good Luck to both teams...it will be a good game.