PDA

View Full Version : Lorena over Robinson

FB-fanatic
10-27-2012, 12:30 AM
Lorena, picked nearly dead last in district, knocks off the preseason 1 and 2 team in back to back weeks. Last week La Vega, this week Robinson.

Lorena defense takes prolific Robinson passer out of his games early, and puts on a passing clinic of it's own, with aprrox 175 yards in the 1st half. Then ground and pounds for 5 rushing touchdowns to defeat the Rockets 35-28.

Props to the big pulling lineman who allowed the LL to get out on the edge.

FB-fanatic
10-27-2012, 03:56 AM
QB Coleman rushes for 212 yards, passes 182. 5 rushing touchdowns.

Back to back 150+/rushing 5 touchdown weeks vs LV and Robinson.

Rabid Cougar
10-27-2012, 09:30 AM
And you couldn't ground and pound Connally?

FB-fanatic
10-27-2012, 10:02 AM
And you couldn't ground and pound Connally?

150 yards rushing against Connally by 19 is pretty good pounding in my book. Just too many mistakes.

How'd that La Vega game go for ya?

Rabid Cougar
10-27-2012, 01:09 PM
150 yards rushing against Connally by 19 is pretty good pounding in my book. Just too many mistakes.

How'd that La Vega game go for ya?

CS had 300 yards against Connally mainly between the tackles. (121yds by 21 in the first qtr). They are small. That was the reason for the question.
Against Lv? Cs went up and down the field, LV didn't score offensively in the 2nd half. Same scenario as the Alvarado loss;just couldn't punch it in for various reasons.

regaleagle
10-27-2012, 01:22 PM
Wow, what a district! Sounds to me like everything is still up for grabs, huh? Is there any team that is out of the mix?

83Indian
10-27-2012, 01:26 PM
CS had 300 yards against Connally mainly between the tackles. (121yds by 21 in the first qtr). They are small. That was the reason for the question.
Against Lv? Cs went up and down the field, LV didn't score offensively in the 2nd half. Same scenario as the Alvarado loss;just couldn't punch it in for various reasons.

Alvarado had a couple of turnovers that stalled scoring drives, gave up an up for grabs pass that should have been a pick. By far the worst executed game we have had since Springtown back in 2010. We only had 158 yards rushing the entire game (5.1 yard average rush). They stacked the box all night and we did not make them pay at all thru the air. CS beating Connally was a quality win. I think CS can win out. Very competitive district and will be interesting the next two weeks

varsity parent
10-27-2012, 02:42 PM
To Rabid Cougar: ya'll will do well against the Rockets. They don't defend the pass very well from what I saw, and they don't seem too fast on the edges either. #21 & #8 for ya'll will probably wreck shop on their defense also. As long as the Cougars can pressure that big QB, (he's good, but has been off with his throws the last two weeks) you will be fine. He loves to throw to #6, #18, and #16 alot. But the cougs better pop those receivers hard when they get a chance, because they are GOOD after the catch. That #6 is very shifty once he gets the ball, but gets frustrated easily when he doesn't, and he got hit hard last night! He's probably got alot of aches, pains, and contusions today. He was very elusive, but got abused when the leopards did get a hold of him. Good luck to ya'll. Go ahead and put Robinson out of their misery. Not rackin' up a lot of points since district started are they? Can you imagine the scenario if Gatesville was still in our district?!

Rabid Cougar
10-27-2012, 03:55 PM
Alvarado had a couple of turnovers that stalled scoring drives, gave up an up for grabs pass that should have been a pick. By far the worst executed game we have had since Springtown back in 2010. We only had 158 yards rushing the entire game (5.1 yard average rush). They stacked the box all night and we did not make them pay at all thru the air. CS beating Connally was a quality win. I think CS can win out. Very competitive district and will be interesting the next two weeks

I was talking about CS's loss to Alvarado.

FB-fanatic
10-27-2012, 04:06 PM

We had 270 rushing total and 100 passing against Connally. We had two errant snaps that converted to TD's and an INT. Were up 19-6 at half.