PDA

View Full Version : Columbus Fans=Totally Classless

sTxforlife
10-26-2012, 11:54 PM
At tonight's game I witnessed one of the worst displays of sportsmanship and just compasion as a human being that I have ever seen!! About halfway through the second quarter, WR Ricky Seals-Jones walked off the field limping with what seemed to be an ankle injury. Everyone in the stands could tell that he was injured and as he walked off the field the Columbus fans cheered and waved at him. I understand not liking the other team but show some class at least, cheering when a young man gets hurt just showed the lack of class those fans have.

BLEEDZGREEN
10-26-2012, 11:57 PM
That is sickening to hear, nobody should ever cheer someone being injured there is no room for that on any level of sports!

OLE'BULL
10-27-2012, 12:02 AM
That is sickening to hear, nobody should ever cheer someone being injured there is no room for that on any level of sports!

+1!!!!!!!

Manso/V8
10-27-2012, 01:02 AM
That is totally classless.
They are the dirty birds.
Last year the dirty birds started a brawl during our basketball game in Columbus, and their fans poured out of the stands to join in the melee.

Even though you think Bellville hates Sealy, I can guarantee you that Brahma fans would never cheer that a player was injured.

defense51
10-27-2012, 01:50 AM
At tonight's game I witnessed one of the worst displays of sportsmanship and just compasion as a human being that I have ever seen!! About halfway through the second quarter, WR Ricky Seals-Jones walked off the field limping with what seemed to be an ankle injury. Everyone in the stands could tell that he was injured and as he walked off the field the Columbus fans cheered and waved at him. I understand not liking the other team but show some class at least, cheering when a young man gets hurt just showed the lack of class those fans have. Not cool at all !!!

Pudlugger
10-27-2012, 08:17 AM
If it was as you say very poor sportsmanship here. Are you certain they weren't applauding him? When an injured player gets up it is customary for the fans to give applause. This does sound different though.

sTxforlife
10-27-2012, 10:36 AM
When I posted this, I thought about that scenario as well. I do not believe this was the case though because there were also boos from their stands as he walked off the field.

rb585
10-27-2012, 11:43 AM
You know, I've never been to a game where the opposing crowd didn't cheer when an injured player walked off the field.

Maybe you're overreacting...again?

ctown81
10-27-2012, 12:38 PM
When I posted this, I thought about that scenario as well. I do not believe this was the case though because there were also boos from their stands as he walked off the field.

All of Columbus fans or a few. Every town has their idiots. Don't group the whole fan base into one lump.

957tiger
10-29-2012, 08:21 AM
I thought the boo's coming from the Columbus stands when RS-J limped off the field was once again a display of poor sportsmanship from Columbus. I'm thinking the players were glad he left the field since he scored two touchdowns in less than 20 seconds. 7 yd run followed by a 38 yard pick six. I might agree that fans might be cheering as the injured player left the field however it was clearly boo's, not a show of relief that he was able to walk off. If you listen to the post game interview with Davis he stated that both he and RS-J had received twitter messages from Columbus players stating they were going to take them out. I believe he mentioned that their knees and legs would be a target. Good fans never condone this behavior in the stands. The fact it went on long after RS-J sat on the bench shows that it was an intentional slam at a 17 y/o kid. Former Texans player Eric Winston, now with KC voiced his opinion about cheering for someone being hurt when his QB went down recently. I often wonder how/why some teams just seem to play dirtier than others. is it something the coaches encourage or the fans expect?

teetle
10-29-2012, 08:49 AM
Thates thes way theys is. Theys gots no class. Theys done. Theys suxes.Jimmie gaves thems what theys needed. Hes puts thems outs of theys misery. Theys cans airs ups the baskettsballs now. I thoughts that Sine hads class. I don't thinks that he likes this. I belives thats he be a goods person.:bigcry::weeping::bigcry:

whitelightning5
10-29-2012, 11:58 AM
Let me first say that I am from Bellville. I am definitely not defending Columbus in any way. Are you saying that the cheers/boos came from the entire fanbase or are we talking about the kid section (high school, junior high, etc.)? I love our rivaly with Sealy as much as the next guy, but to cheer an injured player is just sick. That said, about the Twitter postings, you should never come out and say it or threaten it, but you would be lying if you said you would never do the same thing in a football game. As a football player, you are taught to take advantage of another teams weakness. If the the opposing team's best player is a bit dinged up, you try to exploit that. BUT....you do it within the rules of the game. Anything else is just dirty...

Is RSJ ok? Just an akle roll or something more?

teetle
10-31-2012, 08:53 AM
Columbus bes havings a long tradition of beings a classy program. Itses justes beens since Mascek and Sines sinces theys been called the Dirty Birds. I guess Sines hasses nothing to do with its. This just his firstes season. He a classy man. He wonts puts up withe thats.:bigcry::spitlol::bigcry:

wimbo_pro
10-31-2012, 08:59 AM
Very sad if true...and it sounds like there is confirmation here.