10-26-2012, 09:54 PM
WO-S 40
Buna 0

Final

Make that 270-20. and 5 shutouts I believe

WOS87
10-26-2012, 10:13 PM
Make that 270-20. and 5 shutouts I believe

6 shutouts in 8 games with Jasper scoring on a fumble recovery in the endzone with 58 seconds left in that game otherwise it would be 7... PNG put 13 points on us in the first half in that 34-13 win. So far, we're unscored upon in the 3rd quarter this season with 7 points total scored against us in the 2nd half... and 7 points total scored against us in the last 26 quarters played.

This ties our school record for most shutouts in a season with our 1988 and 2000 State Finalist teams.. except.. we got the 6 shutouts in the first 8 games this season which makes it our best start ever in school history. We DO tend to get cocky and crash when these things happen so I'm praying that doesn't happen again. It was a slow start against Buna tonight. 0-0 going into the 2nd quarter so hopefully the coaching staff will get the team in the right mindset. You HAVE to be a 4 quarter team in the playoffs. Bridge City and Silsbee are left for the regular season. BC is always tough as they're 6 miles away and a major rival and Silsbee is usually even tougher and should be the toughest test of the season next to Jasper so we'll see.

My very strong advice for the 'Stangs... Don't Get Complacent!! Every week that you do well or get a shutout realize you are putting an increasingly larger bullseye on you.

Learn from the past

Otherwise.. yay! good job tonight :)

Saggy Aggie
10-26-2012, 10:16 PM
6 shutouts in 8 games with Jasper scoring on a fumble recovery in the endzone with 58 seconds left in that game otherwise it would be 7... PNG put 13 points on us in the first half in that 34-13 win. So far, unscored upon in the 3rd quarter this season.

This ties our school record for most shutouts in a season with our 1988 and 2000 State Finalist teams.. except.. we got the 6 shutouts in the first 8 games. Bridge City and Silsbee are left for the regular season. BC is always tough as they're 6 miles away and a major rival and Silsbee is usually even tougher so we'll see.

Thanks for the correction 87. WOS is looking good this year. I dont anticipate you guys having any trouble with BC or Silsbee.

ccmom
10-26-2012, 10:19 PM
That's crazy! Keep on keepin' on WOS!

6 shutouts in 8 games with Jasper scoring on a fumble recovery in the endzone with 58 seconds left in that game otherwise it would be 7... PNG put 13 points on us in the first half in that 34-13 win. So far, we're unscored upon in the 3rd quarter this season with 7 points total scored against us in the 2nd half... and 7 points total scored against us in the last 26 quarters played.

This ties our school record for most shutouts in a season with our 1988 and 2000 State Finalist teams.. except.. we got the 6 shutouts in the first 8 games this season which makes it our best start ever in school history. We DO tend to get cocky and crash when these things happen so I'm praying that doesn't happen again. It was a slow start against Buna tonight. 0-0 going into the 2nd quarter so hopefully the coaching staff will get the team in the right mindset. You HAVE to be a 4 quarter team in the playoffs. Bridge City and Silsbee are left for the regular season. BC is always tough as they're 6 miles away and a major rival and Silsbee is usually even tougher and should be the toughest test of the season next to Jasper so we'll see.

My very strong advice for the 'Stangs... Don't Get Complacent!! Every week that you do well or get a shutout realize you are putting an increasingly larger bullseye on you.

Learn from the past

Otherwise.. yay! good job tonight :)

This team has gotten my attention

WOS87
10-26-2012, 11:34 PM
http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/article/WO-S-defense-best-in-state-3984927.php?cmpid=twitter

If that's actually true.. we just extended the lead

sTxforlife
10-26-2012, 11:56 PM
That's great, in an era of explosive offense, defense seems to sometimes take a backseat. Good to see that there are teams that actually still play defense out there!