PDA

View Full Version : Country Tavern in Kilgore

Gsquared
10-26-2012, 07:13 AM
Anybody been? Thinking about stopping off on the way to Carthage. Was gonna go to my all time East Tx BBQ favs , Carter's in Longview but thinkin I need to try CT.

buckeyebob
10-26-2012, 08:00 AM
An old haunt...great ribs, cold beer & Hot East Texas Women...cannot go wrong...has the buckeyebob seal of approval...different ballgame from Carter's

waterboy
10-26-2012, 08:01 AM
I've eaten there many times. It's not what it used to be, but it is still the best ribs around. I can't imagine anybody having better ribs. They can only get just so good, right? They have some awesome beans and slaw, too. Don't get drunk, though! The police watch that area for drunken drivers.

Gsquared
10-26-2012, 08:07 AM
I've eaten there many times. It's not what it used to be, but it is still the best ribs around. I can't imagine anybody having better ribs. They can only get just so good, right? They have some awesome beans and slaw, too. Don't get drunk, though! The police watch that area for drunken drivers.

Allrighty, im sold. Jasper/Carthage pre-game meal is Country Tavern!

icu812
10-26-2012, 08:10 AM
It's been a few years since I have been but yes you need to go. Ribs and sauce are outstanding.

waterboy
10-26-2012, 08:12 AM
Allrighty, im sold. Jasper/Carthage pre-game meal is Country Tavern!
Dang it! If I had time I would join you! What time will you be coming through?

lostaussie
10-26-2012, 08:15 AM
I've eaten there many times. It's not what it used to be, but it is still the best ribs around. .What you talking about. I been going there regular for 25+ years. The ribs are as consistent as anywhere I have ever eaten. They are the same every time................that place is awesome.

lostaussie
10-26-2012, 08:16 AM
Anybody been? Thinking about stopping off on the way to Carthage. Was gonna go to my all time East Tx BBQ favs , Carter's in Longview but thinkin I need to try CT. What time you be in Kilgore?

Anybody been? Thinking about stopping off on the way to Carthage. Was gonna go to my all time East Tx BBQ favs , Carter's in Longview but thinkin I need to try CT.

Hey trust a guy who's family been going there forever it don't get better. We been to just about every BBQ joint in Texas in my travels and its top dog. Get the large plate ribs and you will want more.

Gsquared
10-26-2012, 08:21 AM
Leaving Plano around 1, need to stop off somewhere and get and mail a birthday card so I figure ill be in Kilgore around @ 4 or a little after.

lostaussie
10-26-2012, 08:23 AM
Its on 31 south out of Kilgore about 5 or 6 miles out of town on the right. Go large..........or go home:D

Gsquared
10-26-2012, 08:24 AM
Its on 31 south out of Kilgore about 5 or 6 miles out of town on the right. Go large..........or go home:D

Waterboy and Lostaussie, meet me up there between 4 and 4:30!

waterboy
10-26-2012, 08:25 AM
What you talking about. I been going there regular for 25+ years. The ribs are as consistent as anywhere I have ever eaten. They are the same every time................that place is awesome.
I wasn't talking about the ribs........... I've only been going there regularly for the last 16 years, so you win.:D There's still no better ribs around that I know of, and I can't imagine ribs being any better anywhere.

lostaussie
10-26-2012, 08:26 AM
Waterboy and Lostaussie, meet me up there between 4 and 4:30!Sorry Homey...........would love to. But I will already be on my way to Sandlin. Got to get my fish on:D

Gsquared
10-26-2012, 08:29 AM
Sorry Homey...........would love to. But I will already be on my way to Sandlin. Got to get my fish on:D

Dang you!

oldtownag
10-26-2012, 08:53 AM
Dang you!

Be prepared to spend what will seem like way too much for BBQ.

It want be!

Gsquared
10-26-2012, 08:58 AM
Be prepared to spend what will seem like way too much for BBQ.

It want be!

Yea, BBQ has goten expensive everywhere. I spent almost 40 bucks at Louis Muellers in Taylor week before last.

waterboy
10-26-2012, 09:05 AM
You can still eat at the Country Tavern for about $25. It's the drinks that run your bill up. Sorry, G2, I'll be working until 5 or a little after. Then I'll be rushing to get home for the game tonight.

Gsquared
10-26-2012, 09:09 AM
You can still eat at the Country Tavern for about $25. It's the drinks that run your bill up. Sorry, G2, I'll be working until 5 or a little after. Then I'll be rushing to get home for the game tonight.

Oh ok, not a problem.