PDA

View Full Version : Havent heard much from the District of doom

I think the district of doom is old news. Where is all the East Texas talk that was going on before football actually started? VILLE UP!!!
Seems they kinda lost the swaggger to the Stephenville, Glen Rose, Alvarado. Just saying.:vrycnfsd:

Lions88
10-25-2012, 08:30 PM
I think the district of doom is old news. Where is all the East Texas talk that was going on before football actually started? VILLE UP!!!
Seems they kinda lost the swaggger to the Stephenville, Glen Rose, Alvarado. Just saying.:vrycnfsd:

We will be here in Dec ;)

83Indian
10-25-2012, 08:48 PM
We will be here in Dec ;)Watching two district 7 teams play at jerry world

Lions88
10-25-2012, 08:50 PM
Watching two district 7 teams play at jerry world

Glenrose and Stephenville? ;)

toddg
10-25-2012, 10:01 PM
Glenrose and Stephenville? ;)

http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13991/lions88.jpg (http://www.smileyvault.com/)LIONS88

regaleagle
10-25-2012, 11:34 PM
Doomers will have trouble getting past Celina or Argyle in Region 2 DII, and they know it. DI will either be Kilgore or Henderson vs. Paris, IMO.

Lion70
10-26-2012, 02:47 AM

ahhh nobody talking about little ole Ville. Your jealous like so many other we get it.

Lion70
10-26-2012, 02:49 AM
Doomers will have trouble getting past Celina or Argyle in Region 2 DII, and they know it. DI will either be Kilgore or Henderson vs. Paris, IMO.

Kilgore is going D1 cause they have the biggest enrollment. Henderson/Gilmer or Bullard will go D2. Making tonight Henderson Vs Bullard game very huge. Henderson most likely will get Van in Bi district

Lion70
10-26-2012, 02:50 AM
Watching two district 7 teams play at jerry world

LoL right

regaleagle
10-26-2012, 05:14 AM
Kilgore is going D1 cause they have the biggest enrollment. Henderson/Gilmer or Bullard will go D2. Making tonight Henderson Vs Bullard game very huge. Henderson most likely will get Van in Bi district

Aren't you overlooking the fact that Kilgore could actually be knocked out of the playoff picture altogether? We'll know more after tonite's results are posted.

Lion70
10-26-2012, 05:35 AM
Aren't you overlooking the fact that Kilgore could actually be knocked out of the playoff picture altogether? We'll know more after tonite's results are posted.

Ok don't tease me like that, but yes a Gilmer and Henderson loss can happen but Chapel hill maybe playing a little over their heads. I would love nothing more than Chapel hill to beat kilgore.

Txbroadcaster
10-26-2012, 06:40 AM

Argyle yes...Celina..not sure

lostaussie
10-26-2012, 07:02 AM
I'm right here.............just cruising to playoffs to get a better sense of how this this will all shake out. They will be ready and they damn sure won't be sceeeered:D

Old Tiger
10-26-2012, 07:11 AM
We will be here in Dec ;)

They will IDK about yall.

gatordaze
10-26-2012, 07:23 AM
Argyle yes...Celina..not sure

Sure is nice to be under the radar! Celina has Argyle at home coming off a bye week and it is Senior night. Celina has played a similar schedule to Argyle with better stats across the board. Can't wait for the matchup but dread the rematch in rd 4

Aesculus gilmus
10-26-2012, 07:29 AM
Argyle has figured out East Texas teams in the last couple of years. There's not really much evidence that Celina has, though. I am not sure why.

Gsquared
10-26-2012, 07:36 AM
Argyle has figured out East Texas teams in the last couple of years. There's not really much evidence that Celina has, though. I am not sure why.

I sure cant wait till week after next. Celina vs Argyle! Cant wait to see that one!

buckeyebob
10-26-2012, 07:49 AM
ahhh nobody talking about little ole Ville. Your jealous like so many other we get it.

Wrong...you are forgetting about the Brownwood Bunch...speaking of, are they still playing ball?

buckeyebob
10-26-2012, 07:50 AM

Van will be Div 1

Matthew328
10-26-2012, 07:57 AM
I think Brownsboro might get that D1 slot

buckeyebob
10-26-2012, 07:57 AM

Aune is gone...& we are still here

waterboy
10-26-2012, 08:09 AM
That is true, and I would love nothing more than a rematch. That last TD last year kind of left a bad smell to the game, in my opinion. There's a lot of football to be played between now and then, though, and I don't allow myself to look that far ahead.

lostaussie
10-26-2012, 08:21 AM
That is true, and I would love nothing more than a rematch. That last TD last year kind of left a bad smell to the game, in my opinion. There's a lot of football to be played between now and then, though, and I don't allow myself to look that far ahead.I'm with you. One game at a time............well maybe we can look just a little forward to Bullard. This team has much potential. We shall see how it plays out.

Everyone talking about Ville that's my point. Last few weeks the threads have been all Ville/Alvarado now Glen Rose Alvarado.

lostaussie
10-26-2012, 08:24 AM
Everyone talking about Ville that's my point. Last few weeks the threads have been all Ville/Alvarado now Glen Rose Alvarado.Well at some point.............we ran all the fun folks off

waterboy
10-26-2012, 09:00 AM
I'm with you. One game at a time............well maybe we can look just a little forward to Bullard. This team has much potential. We shall see how it plays out.
I've been saying it since I saw this team in two-a-days and scrimmages that this team has definite potential. This is as talented a group of young men as we've seen in a while at Gilmer. The best thing about that potential is that the vast majority of that talent are underclassmen, and we'll get to see them get better and better. If this team ever plays four full quarters, there is definitely no team in the District of Doom that can beat them. I hate to tell you I told you so, but.........I told you so!

Aggie98
10-26-2012, 09:49 AM
Kilgore says hello.

regaleagle
10-26-2012, 10:33 AM

Oh don't worry....we have a couple of new kids on the block. Our new qb Boyzuick is coming around nicely(300+ passing yds in first half last week), our soph rb is a 6 ft. 200 lb bull, and then there's always Mr. Everything Ian Sadler just to keep you on your toes. And that don't even count our All American kicker Hedland, does it! Heck, I guess Argyle really does have a pretty good team afterall. And we just happen to have 2 LB's your boyz are gonna love meeting up with. Oh, and I almost forgot about that secondary guy that already has 7 interceptions.

Wrong...you are forgetting about the Brownwood Bunch...speaking of, are they still playing ball?

We may get to send them packing in round 1.

Gsquared
10-26-2012, 10:48 AM
Oh don't worry....we have a couple of new kids on the block. Our new qb Boyzuick is coming around nicely(300+ passing yds in first half last week), our soph rb is a 6 ft. 200 lb bull, and then there's always Mr. Everything Ian Sadler just to keep you on your toes. And that don't even count our All American kicker Hedland, does it! Heck, I guess Argyle really does have a pretty good team afterall. And we just happen to have 2 LB's your boyz are gonna love meeting up with. Oh, and I almost forgot about that secondary guy that already has 7 interceptions.

LOTS of people are mistakenly sleeping on Argyle. I was impressed seeing them even in the loss to Abilene Wylie. That was week zero when I saw them, those young ones have had more time to grow up football wise, I can only immagine how good they look now.

oldtownag
10-26-2012, 10:55 AM
Well that's because Carthage is no longer in the DOD. Not as much Doom any more.

P.S. Stephenville, will most likely get their shot at the Dawgs if they can make it that far.

regaleagle
10-26-2012, 10:57 AM
G2, you are hereby cordially invited to come on down and see a real barnburner from the ARGYLE side of the Celina game....wouldn't jinx our boyz one bit, LOL. I honestly believe if there is one team in Region 2 that can match up with those Celinacats, it's Argyle. Oh yeah, they're the real deal this year allright....one tough out. We may not be able to beat 'em at their house, but we'll sure make an impression on their boyz, I can assure you that much. If you like to watch rough & tough, this will be the game to come see.

waterboy
10-26-2012, 11:03 AM

Oh, we don't doubt that Argyle is good. We know they are, but we would still like another shot at 'em. We have a much more talented group of kids coming up. They haven't jelled completely yet, but they will. It's just a matter of when. You will absolutely love Josh Johnson, CJ Williams, Xavier Fluellen, Trey Washington, Adam Witcher, and company on defense, and you will love seeing Kris Boyd, Josh Walker, Tanner Barr, Chase Tate, Trey Washington, DeVondrick Dixon, and occasionally Jamel Jackson on offense. Our kicker is pretty good, too, although not all world like yours. We will only get better over the next few years, I'll guarantee you. We have a good ways to go to get to the level we need to get to in order to compete for a title, but I think we have that kind of potential.

Well that's because Carthage is no longer in the DOD. Not as much Doom any more.

P.S. Stephenville, will most likely get their shot at the Dawgs if they can make it that far.

If we meet in playoffs put your money where your mouth is. Im 100% confident in my team so the sky is the limit. I know you will come up with some lame ass excuse but whatever. You just got called out now what you gonna do? I will take your money.
We wont just beat you we will beat you down.

waterboy
10-26-2012, 11:07 AM

Carthage is just lucky, that is all. They'd be lucky to make the playoffs in the DOD this year. How lucky can Carthrage get? They certainly would NOT win it if they were in it...

Carthage is just lucky, that is all. They'd be lucky to make the playoffs in the DOD this year. How lucky can Carthrage get? They certainly would NOT win it if they were in it...

Carthage would beat Gilmer

regaleagle
10-26-2012, 11:12 AM
Oh, we don't doubt that Argyle is good. We know they are, but we would still like another shot at 'em. We have a much more talented group of kids coming up. They haven't jelled completely yet, but they will. It's just a matter of when. You will absolutely love Josh Johnson, CJ Williams, Xavier Fluellen, Trey Washington, Adam Witcher, and company on defense, and you will love seeing Kris Boyd, Josh Walker, Tanner Barr, Chase Tate, Trey Washington, DeVondrick Dixon, and occasionally Jamel Jackson on offense. Our kicker is pretty good, too, although not all world like yours. We will only get better over the next few years, I'll guarantee you. We have a good ways to go to get to the level we need to get to in order to compete for a title, but I think we have that kind of potential.

Waterboy, that sounds just jimdandy to me. Just so happens Argyle's core of starters are mostly Sophs and Jrs. this season. We'll lose a couple of players on the line, but most of the team will be back next season. Just something for you Gilmerites to look forward to....I know how much y'all really enjoy the opportunity when our respective teams meet on the gridiron of glory. It's more than just a football game between two good teams.....it's the culmination of a season's work coming alive right before your very eyes. In the case of next year, it'll be 2 season's worth of grooming.

waterboy
10-26-2012, 11:19 AM
Carthage would beat Gilmer

I doubt it.... We're not talking about the same Carthrage as seasons past. They would NOT win the DOD this year. They definitely caught a break there.

waterboy
10-26-2012, 11:21 AM
Waterboy, that sounds just jimdandy to me. Just so happens Argyle's core of starters are mostly Sophs and Jrs. this season. We'll lose a couple of players on the line, but most of the team will be back next season. Just something for you Gilmerites to look forward to....I know how much y'all really enjoy the opportunity when our respective teams meet on the gridiron of glory. It's more than just a football game between two good teams.....it's the culmination of a season's work coming alive right before your very eyes. In the case of next year, it'll be 2 season's worth of grooming.

Our team is also made up of a whole lot of sophomores and juniors. We have a lot more speed across the board than we've had in a long time, and the next several classes coming up should be in the same category. The next few years are gonna be fun!

gatordaze
10-26-2012, 01:07 PM
G2, you are hereby cordially invited to come on down and see a real barnburner from the ARGYLE side of the Celina game....wouldn't jinx our boyz one bit, LOL. I honestly believe if there is one team in Region 2 that can match up with those Celinacats, it's Argyle. Oh yeah, they're the real deal this year allright....one tough out. We may not be able to beat 'em at their house, but we'll sure make an impression on their boyz, I can assure you that much. If you like to watch rough & tough, this will be the game to come see.

I can beat that, G2 you can stand with me on the Celina sideline! This one will be a defensive sloberknocker. Celina has maybe the best D-line in their history and Argyle has 2 stud LB's. Celina has 38 Seniors so its now or never against these young classes coming up for Argyle. 28 points will win this one.

lostaussie
10-26-2012, 01:27 PM
When and where Celina/argyle?

marler1972
10-26-2012, 01:35 PM
Nov 9th In Celina

defense51
10-26-2012, 02:39 PM
If we meet in playoffs put your money where your mouth is. Im 100% confident in my team so the sky is the limit. I know you will come up with some lame ass excuse but whatever. You just got called out now what you gonna do? I will take your money.
We wont just beat you we will beat you down.

After seeing Stephenville firsthand, I think they would beat Carthage this year. But Carthage is kind of an anomaly, they somehow find a way to win in big games even if they aren't the better team. This would be a great game, but all things even I would definitely give Stephenville the edge, they have too many offensive weapons!

Aggie98
10-26-2012, 03:05 PM
Good read. Would read again.

Remind me, who's still undefeated? And who has given up 35 pts all year?

waterboy
10-26-2012, 04:10 PM

Hmmmmm..............get back to me at about 10:30 PM on Friday two weeks from now.......;):D

Aggie98
10-26-2012, 04:42 PM
Okie dokie. BTW, glad to see Walker Texas Aggie commit to the good guys. I understand he's a fine young man.

waterboy
10-26-2012, 05:01 PM
Okie dokie. BTW, glad to see Walker Texas Aggie commit to the good guys. I understand he's a fine young man.

Yep, heck of a player, and he has his head on straight. He's a really smart young man who just happens to be one heck of an athlete. He's still just a junior this year. He will only get bigger and stronger.

poisoned10
10-26-2012, 07:20 PM
There isn't much to talk about. We all suck this year.

Oh well. There is always next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cowboyandchrist
10-26-2012, 10:26 PM
[QUOTE=poisoned10;1707665]There isn't much to talk about. We all suck this year.

Oh well. There is always next year.
No I disagree with that statement, Kilgore is the real deal, they have an outstanding D. The o is just average but they don't make mistakes.

/QUOTE]

Aggie98
10-27-2012, 01:50 AM
Crap. We've given up 37 points now. 4 of those are on the deep snapper.

regaleagle
10-27-2012, 02:01 AM
Crap. We've given up 37 points now. 4 of those are on the deep snapper.

I wouldn't get in too much of a tither about it....Kilgore goes DI and has a clear road to the Semis, except for maybe IF Aubrey gets the 3rd spot in District 10. If that happens, and it could, then Argyle will go DI and suddenly the road gets a little bumpy for Kilgore. Know what I mean, Vern? Sure ya do.

regaleagle
10-27-2012, 02:26 AM
The way I see it, there's gonna be a whole lot of teams in Region 2 cheering for Aubrey the next 3 games, except for Kilgore, Gainesville, Paris, and Princeton. Heck, even Argyle will be pulling for Aubrey.....and they play us next week, LOL!!! They must beat Lone Star and Ranchview. They gave Celina a pretty decent game tonite, even without their qb that transferred to Whitesboro last week. See, it's like this: Argyle really don't care who we play(wink wink) we just hafta to win out once the playoffs start. But if we had our druthers, it'd be nice to go DI and get a shot at Kilgore, then either Wylie or Stephenville, and then if we are still alive.....the big one in Jerryworld. But we won't complain one way or another. We'd be just tickled pink to get to the regional final again this season. It takes luck and staying reasonably healthy as a team to go that deep. Ima hoping our boyz will be able to stay healthy the next couple of weeks. We did have two defensive starters go out tonite.....just don't know the extent of the injuries yet.

Aggie98
10-27-2012, 02:39 AM
I'm still not acclimated to 3A. Never heard of Aubrey or Princeton, barely heard of Argyle. Been through Gainesville once, I think. Oh well, we'll take them one week at a time. My dream scenario is to play La Marque for the title. Kilgore and La Marque have a brief, but nasty history from 04, 05.

regaleagle
10-27-2012, 02:55 AM
I'm still not acclimated to 3A. Never heard of Aubrey or Princeton, barely heard of Argyle. Been through Gainesville once, I think. Oh well, we'll take them one week at a time. My dream scenario is to play La Marque for the title. Kilgore and La Marque have a brief, but nasty history from 04, 05.

Well, if Kilgore keeps winning each week in the playoffs, you will become more familiar with these towns and their football faithful. Part of the fun of winning in the playoffs is playing teams you ordinarily don't get a chance to play, and traveling to neutral venues to do battle on the gridiron of glory, as Kilgore is already well-aware. In my mind, Kilgore is a definite overlooked contender this year to win it all. Oh sure, everybody says your team is Top Ten, but I don't hear much talk about Kilgore outside of the region. But it don't matter what everybody else says or thinks, does it. All that matters is winning games each week to advance. See you in the mudpits....going deep, that is.

buckeyebob
10-27-2012, 09:22 AM
I'm right here.............just cruising to playoffs to get a better sense of how this this will all shake out. They will be ready and they damn sure won't be sceeeered:D

+1...

buckeyebob
10-27-2012, 09:30 AM

How many have y'all played that had a pulse?

buckeyebob
10-27-2012, 09:36 AM
Well, if Kilgore keeps winning each week in the playoffs, you will become more familiar with these towns and their football faithful. Part of the fun of winning in the playoffs is playing teams you ordinarily don't get a chance to play, and traveling to neutral venues to do battle on the gridiron of glory, as Kilgore is already well-aware. In my mind, Kilgore is a definite overlooked contender this year to win it all. Oh sure, everybody says your team is Top Ten, but I don't hear much talk about Kilgore outside of the region. But it don't matter what everybody else says or thinks, does it. All that matters is winning games each week to advance. See you in the mudpits....going deep, that is.

Not eveyone says they are top ten...went to see them play Gladewater 3 weeks ago...they were pitiful...does a top tier 3A team turn over the ball 4 times in the 1st half? They were very luckey to get a "W".

gatordaze
10-27-2012, 10:02 AM
The way I see it, there's gonna be a whole lot of teams in Region 2 cheering for Aubrey the next 3 games, except for Kilgore, Gainesville, Paris, and Princeton. Heck, even Argyle will be pulling for Aubrey.....and they play us next week, LOL!!! They must beat Lone Star and Ranchview. They gave Celina a pretty decent game tonite, even without their qb that transferred to Whitesboro last week. See, it's like this: Argyle really don't care who we play(wink wink) we just hafta to win out once the playoffs start. But if we had our druthers, it'd be nice to go DI and get a shot at Kilgore, then either Wylie or Stephenville, and then if we are still alive.....the big one in Jerryworld. But we won't complain one way or another. We'd be just tickled pink to get to the regional final again this season. It takes luck and staying reasonably healthy as a team to go that deep. Ima hoping our boyz will be able to stay healthy the next couple of weeks. We did have two defensive starters go out tonite.....just don't know the extent of the injuries yet.

Will Argyle throw the game to Aubrey to go D1? Celina has a lot to do to hang with Argyle after last night. Hate to say it but it looked like they practiced all week for Argyle when they should have given Aubrey more respect. Celina is not as good as I thought going into last night.

Aggie98
10-27-2012, 10:08 AM
Carthage would destroy Gilmer, as will Kilgore. Henderson should have beat them... Physically dominated them. I think Jasper and Center would also beat them. Van will probably knock them out in rd. 1.

MajorApplehorn
10-27-2012, 12:48 PM
Sure is nice to be under the radar! Celina has Argyle at home coming off a bye week and it is Senior night. Celina has played a similar schedule to Argyle with better stats across the board. Can't wait for the matchup but dread the rematch in rd 4

Celina

8-1 record (Lost to 6-2 Melissa)
Combined Opponents Record (non-district): 24-24 (.500)
Offense: 385 ypg, 43 ppg
Defense: 181 ypg, 12 ppg

Argyle

7-1 record (Lost to 8-0 #2 Abilene Wylie)
Combined Opponents Record (non-district): 32-17 (.653)
Offense: 350 ypg, 42 ppg
Defense: 244 ypg, 10 ppg

2 Common District Opponents

Celina 52 Ranchview 11
Celina 61 Lone Star 9

Argyle 56 Ranchview 0
Argyle 69 Lone Star 0

Argyle has played a much tougher schedule, yet still has basically the same scoring stats. Yards per game is slightly different, but the scoring is what matters. Yes Celina gets a bye week to prepare. We shall see how it goes.

I believe whichever way it goes, in the playoffs, Argyle has the capability to beat Gilmer or Henderson. I do not believe Celina can.

regaleagle
10-27-2012, 01:04 PM
Argyle may not get a chance to play Gilmer or Henderson. There's much left to be decided still in this region. I would not discount Paris and Princeton, or even Gainesville for that matter. And definitely not Aubrey to get the third spot. Lone Star is really not playing to the level they were earlier this season right now. Those Aubrey boyz always play a tough brand of football even short-handed. Melissa will make some noise as well, and Van also has a good team. Krum is the wild card, and only has 22 Srs. on their team. They have yet to feel the sting of a loss just like Gainesville. Basically, nobody really knows how things will shake out in Region 2 yet. There's more football that needs to be played.

gatordaze
10-27-2012, 01:31 PM
Celina

Argyle

Celina 52 Ranchview 11
Celina 61 Lone Star 9

Argyle 56 Ranchview 0
Argyle 69 Lone Star 0

Argyle has played a much tougher schedule, yet still has basically the same scoring stats. Yards per game is slightly different, but the scoring is what matters. Yes Celina gets a bye week to prepare. We shall see how it goes.

I believe whichever way it goes, in the playoffs, Argyle has the capability to beat Gilmer or Henderson. I do not believe Celina can.

Prior to last night I would have argued that Celina is better than Argyle as the stats had truly indicated. Common opponents resulted in the same outcomes as both teams played backups for large portions of their games so you can't really compare exactly. Celina's loss to Melissa was an anomaly caused by week 0, new 2-a-day rules, and a desire to install a new offense at the cost of a win. Even with all of that they led with 4.6 seconds left in that game. AW beat Argyle pretty soundly (I was there). However, last night showed me that Celina is not a whole lot better than they have been the past couple of years. They were flat, unprepared, uninspired and made stupid mistakes. 4 TD's eliminated because someone thought they should make a big hit, not take care of the ball, or hold a player that was not going to make a tackle anyway. Argyle will have their way with the Celina team that played last night.

regaleagle
10-27-2012, 01:43 PM
Good points made by both Major Applehorn on the stats and schedule of both teams, and by Gatordaze rebuffing the significance of such. Personally, I'm still of the opinion Celina is the team to beat for Argyle in this region. Regardless of last nite's game against Aubrey, I think Celina has the players at every position to go deep in the playoffs. And sometimes a team like Celina needs a game like Aubrey last nite to get ready for the playoffs. Probably the best thing that could have happened for Celina last nite.....happened. Now the coaches will have 2 weeks to work on things and get the Bobcats ready for both Argyle and the playoffs. I'd look at last nite's game against Aubrey as maybe the best thing that could have happened for Celina. And they still won easily, despite all the mistakes that were made. And from what I understand, the mistakes were equally shared in this game by both teams. As far as throwing a game against Aubrey to go DI, the answer is a big NO. Argyle has too much pride to ever pull a stunt like that. Besides, this team is starting to roll now. We don't want to stop the momentum and start all over.

Simple Man
10-27-2012, 04:31 PM
Please enlighten me on how Gilmer was physically dominated by Henderson?

Simple Man
10-28-2012, 08:55 PM
Still waiting for an answer Aggie.

waterboy
10-29-2012, 07:55 AM
Carthage would destroy Gilmer, as will Kilgore. Henderson should have beat them... Physically dominated them. I think Jasper and Center would also beat them. Van will probably knock them out in rd. 1.
Are you really this dumb? Gilmer would beat Carthage again just like they did last year. Kilgore will "destroy" Gilmer??? Do I need to remind of you of our last meeting? Gilmer was BETTER than Henderson, and actually should have blown them out. You either didn't watch the Gilmer/Henderson game, or you are clueless. The Buckeyes physically dominated Henderson for the first half, and relaxed in the second. I can't say anything about Jasper and Center except to say, I doubt it. I don't think we meet Van in the first round, either. I think the Buckeyes and the Vandals will be district champs, therefore it won't be in the bi-district round. Kilgore hasn't played anybody this season, and I think it will show this week when y'all meet Henderson. If y'all somehow manage to win that game, y'all still have to come to our house, and I promise you it's one of the toughest places for an opponent to get a win. Personally, I don't think y'all can, but we will see.

cowboyandchrist
10-29-2012, 11:33 AM
Are you really this dumb? Gilmer would beat Carthage again just like they did last year. Kilgore will "destroy" Gilmer??? Do I need to remind of you of our last meeting? Gilmer was BETTER than Henderson, and actually should have blown them out. You either didn't watch the Gilmer/Henderson game, or you are clueless. The Buckeyes physically dominated Henderson for the first half, and relaxed in the second. I can't say anything about Jasper and Center except to say, I doubt it. I don't think we meet Van in the first round, either. I think the Buckeyes and the Vandals will be district champs, therefore it won't be in the bi-district round. Kilgore hasn't played anybody this season, and I think it will show this week when y'all meet Henderson. If y'all somehow manage to win that game, y'all still have to come to our house, and I promise you it's one of the toughest places for an opponent to get a win. Personally, I don't think y'all can, but we will see.

Carthage would beat you and badly, you have beaten Jacksonville with out there stud Q/B, you have come back victories in the fourth quarters, you beat Henderson with the help of two TDS called back. You are to be commended to win games the way you have, but you are living in a dream world if you think for one minute you could beat Kilgore with the D they have and Carthage is just like they have been four the past five years. They are now in second gear in district play and just beat a team that has only given up 7 points a game. The C Dawgs hung 42 0n them. Third gear is coming when the playoffs start and fifth and sixth gears will come as they get deeper in the playoffs.
You will be a tuff out in the playoffs because of your coach and the Buckeye tradition, Kilgore will win this district because of there D. 22 take aways in the last four games alone. Chapell Hill takes you to the fourth Quarter and they never crossed the 40 yard line on the K Dawg D and only had three first downs.

buckeyebob
10-29-2012, 01:59 PM
I believe you can bet on it...we may not take Kilgore but they will be Div 1...we will be playing Canton and Henderson playing??...Van should go Div 1...we don't have a lot for the 1st two weeks of play-offs. We would not mind seeing Argyle again...we should have learned a thing or two about y'all by now...good competition...how do you see week 3 from Dist 9, 10, 11, 12?

waterboy
10-29-2012, 03:17 PM
Carthage would beat you and badly, you have beaten Jacksonville with out there stud Q/B, you have come back victories in the fourth quarters, you beat Henderson with the help of two TDS called back. You are to be commended to win games the way you have, but you are living in a dream world if you think for one minute you could beat Kilgore with the D they have and Carthage is just like they have been four the past five years. They are now in second gear in district play and just beat a team that has only given up 7 points a game. The C Dawgs hung 42 0n them. Third gear is coming when the playoffs start and fifth and sixth gears will come as they get deeper in the playoffs.
You will be a tuff out in the playoffs because of your coach and the Buckeye tradition, Kilgore will win this district because of there D. 22 take aways in the last four games alone. Chapell Hill takes you to the fourth Quarter and they never crossed the 40 yard line on the K Dawg D and only had three first downs.
Carthage would lose to Gilmer again this year, just like they did last year, but you are entitled to your opinion even if you are dreaming. Kilgore maybe, we'll see, but Carthage? No.

oldtownag
10-29-2012, 04:10 PM
Carthage would lose to Gilmer again this year, just like they did last year, but you are entitled to your opinion even if you are dreaming. Kilgore maybe, we'll see, but Carthage? No.

:spitlol:

Lion70
10-29-2012, 04:40 PM

You won the Game by two in which refs were needed so how did yall domiante. great Logic

waterboy
10-29-2012, 04:53 PM
You won the Game by two in which refs were needed so how did yall domiante. great Logic

Hahaha......the refs helped y'all get into position to tie it up. They didn't call the OBVIOUS holding on the 4th-and-15 play that Monsta converted into a first down to keep the last drive alive, NOR the obvious holding call that should've been made on the long pass play right after that that got y'all into scoring position. If those calls would've been made, the rest of the calls would've been moot. Still, if the Lions could've lined up correctly on offense, y'all would've had a chance, but lining up with six players on the line on the two TDs called back where y'all had to settle for a field goal was not the refs' fault. Neither was the fact that y'all had EIGHT players on the line of scrimmage for the two-point conversion that y'all could've converted to tie it up. That's not on the refs, either. Besides, he said that y'all physically dominated US, and that is simply NOT TRUE. We physically dominated y'all except for two drives in the second half. The main thing is we won, y'all lost, get over it.

waterboy
10-29-2012, 04:57 PM
:spitlol:
:spitlol::tisk::sleeping:

regaleagle
10-29-2012, 09:24 PM
Celina

Argyle

Celina 52 Ranchview 11
Celina 61 Lone Star 9

Argyle 56 Ranchview 0
Argyle 69 Lone Star 0

One little tidbit was overlooked in these stats. Celina has played one more game than Argyle. Compare the stats this time next week and see how the two teams stack up. I think you will see us very even on offense, and better on defense, statswise. Level of competition definitely in Argyle's favor. Bye week and homefield advantage to Celina. Analysis? This game appears to be a toss-up, barring a major injury to Argyle this week.

gatordaze
10-29-2012, 09:40 PM
After watching us play Aubrey you should be 2-3 TD favorites.

icu812
10-29-2012, 11:00 PM
I believe you can bet on it...we may not take Kilgore but they will be Div 1...we will be playing Canton and Henderson playing??...Van should go Div 1...we don't have a lot for the 1st two weeks of play-offs. We would not mind seeing Argyle again...we should have learned a thing or two about y'all by now...good competition...how do you see week 3 from Dist 9, 10, 11, 12?

Van will not be going Div. 1. If we beat canton we will win district and play the second place team in div.2. Likely Henderson I would think. If we lose to canton then probably Gilmer. I would imagine you Gilmer boys would rather play canton to get some payback. Either way we play a good team. D16 will definately be favored over D15 no matter who plays. To be honest I hope we play Henderson. Not that Gilmer is better I just like the match up.

firstdown
10-30-2012, 08:07 AM
After watching us play Aubrey you should be 2-3 TD favorites.

What do you think was the problem? Your boys take the Chaps for granted or what?

regaleagle
10-30-2012, 08:25 AM

Newsflash: Van won't go D1. Brownsboro looks like they will make the playoffs and they will be the D1. That puts Van in D2. They should win the district, and will play the 2nd D2 in 16-3A. They will be formidable on offense, no question. They also give up lots of points. A team with a good D that can also put up points will beat them, IMO.

gatordaze
10-30-2012, 08:32 AM
What do you think was the problem? Your boys take the Chaps for granted or what?

Just not that good as best I can tell. Guys that should have improved are equal to or worse than they were last season. We have what maybe the best possession receiver in the state and can't get the ball to him for several reasons.

Lion70
10-30-2012, 09:12 AM
Newsflash: Van won't go D1. Brownsboro looks like they will make the playoffs and they will be the D1. That puts Van in D2. They should win the district, and will play the 2nd D2 in 16-3A. They will be formidable on offense, no question. They also give up lots of points. A team with a good D that can also put up points will beat them, IMO.

so whos the 3rd team thats gets possibly Henderson cause Gilmer might get 2nd.

waterboy
10-30-2012, 09:23 AM
so whos the 3rd team thats gets possibly Henderson cause Gilmer might get 2nd.
If I understand correctly, y'all will either play Van or Canton.

BTW, I think we can both beat Kilgore if we don't make those mistakes we've been making.

MajorApplehorn
10-30-2012, 11:11 AM
One little tidbit was overlooked in these stats. Celina has played one more game than Argyle. Compare the stats this time next week and see how the two teams stack up. I think you will see us very even on offense, and better on defense, statswise. Level of competition definitely in Argyle's favor. Bye week and homefield advantage to Celina. Analysis? This game appears to be a toss-up, barring a major injury to Argyle this week.

The fact that Celina has played one more game was included. That is why Yards and Points PER GAME were used.

MGAR
10-30-2012, 11:18 AM
If I understand correctly, y'all will either play Van or Canton.

BTW, I think we can both beat Kilgore if we don't make those mistakes we've been making.

I don't.

icu812
10-30-2012, 11:51 AM

I tend to agree with that. Van is awful young on D. We are starting 5 sophomores and 1 freshman. They are still not consistent. Getting better each game though. They play better D against the spread than wing t type teams. I think that has something to with them being a little light in the britches at linebacker. Our offense will have to score a lot of points to give us a chance against Gilmer or Henderson.

db1980
10-30-2012, 12:09 PM

+1 on Carthage beating Gilmer.

Aggie98
10-30-2012, 12:10 PM
I tend to agree with that. Van is awful young on D. We are starting 5 sophomores and 1 freshman. They are still not consistent. Getting better each game though. They play better D against the spread than wing t type teams. I think that has something to with them being a little light in the britches at linebacker. Our offense will have to score a lot of points to give us a chance against Gilmer or Henderson.

5 sophomores and a freshman on D? Wow.

icu812
10-30-2012, 01:01 PM

Van has a total of 8 sophomores and 1 freshman starting somewhere. Even minus those players the JV and freshman teams have only lost 1 game. Both have good young Qb's. Looking good for the next few years.

buckeyebob
10-31-2012, 08:11 AM

The same was said last year

db1980
10-31-2012, 08:26 AM
The same was said last year

And Gilmer squeaked one out last year.. Gilmer had a Sr. QB and and lots of other uperclassmen. Carthage was mostly sophomores and Jrs. Carthage would beat Gilmer by 14 this year.

Aesculus gilmus
10-31-2012, 10:14 AM
It's a lot like 2009. No one will EVER know. I wish Carthage well in D1 and hope the Dawgs win it. I actually pull for Carthage except when they play Gilmer.

waterboy
10-31-2012, 12:19 PM
And Gilmer squeaked one out last year.. Gilmer had a Sr. QB and and lots of other uperclassmen. Carthage was mostly sophomores and Jrs. Carthage would beat Gilmer by 14 this year.
The shoe is on the other foot this year. Gilmer has mostly sophomores and juniors this year, with a freshman or two. All they have done is win, and they keep getting better and better. Gilmer also had a bunch of sophomores and a couple of juniors who played on last year's team. There weren't that many seniors on last year's team who were starters, except for the skill positions. That was the smallest senior class to come through in the Traylor era. You can speculate what would happen all you want, but that is all it will ever be. In my opinion, a Gilmer/Carthage matchup would be a toss-up this year, but I think the Buckeyes would win. Say what you want, but we won the last meeting so, as somebody from Carthage kept saying until last year.........SCOREBOARD! We will continue to have SCOREBOARD on y'all until the Dawgs beat us, and that won't happen soon, lucky for them.

waterboy
10-31-2012, 12:21 PM
It's a lot like 2009. No one will EVER know. I wish Carthage well in D1 and hope the Dawgs win it. I actually pull for Carthage except when they play Gilmer.
I'll go ahead and say it........Gilmer would've smashed Carthage in '09, so there's really no comparison. There's no doubt that the Buckeyes were the best team in all of 3A that year. I absolutely hate that the Buckeyes and the Dawgs didn't work out something to play each other these next two seasons. I, too, root for Carthage when they are in another division.

cowboyandchrist
10-31-2012, 10:00 PM
The shoe is on the other foot this year. Gilmer has mostly sophomores and juniors this year, with a freshman or two. All they have done is win, and they keep getting better and better. Gilmer also had a bunch of sophomores and a couple of juniors who played on last year's team. There weren't that many seniors on last year's team who were starters, except for the skill positions. That was the smallest senior class to come through in the Traylor era. You can speculate what would happen all you want, but that is all it will ever be. In my opinion, a Gilmer/Carthage matchup would be a toss-up this year, but I think the Buckeyes would win. Say what you want, but we won the last meeting so, as somebody from Carthage kept saying until last year.........SCOREBOARD! We will continue to have SCOREBOARD on y'all until the Dawgs beat us, and that won't happen soon, lucky for them.

You have convinced your self that Gilmer could beat Carthage this year, but you know without a doubt Carthage would hang 50 on your Buckeyes by the third Quarter. The Buckeye have had come from behind victories, Chapell Hill took you the fourth quarter, Henderson had two touch downs called and back and a two point conversion, you beat Jacksonville without there stud Q/B in the last seconds of the game and Kilgore is going to take you to the woodshed. After the Kilgore game you will know how good the Buckeyes are. You will still be hard to beat in the playoffs because of your coach and the Buckeye tradition, but beat Carthage this year is a pipe dream and you know it. The Dawgs have won two of the last three meetings.

cowboyandchrist
10-31-2012, 10:01 PM
I'll go ahead and say it........Gilmer would've smashed Carthage in '09, so there's really no comparison. There's no doubt that the Buckeyes were the best team in all of 3A that year. I absolutely hate that the Buckeyes and the Dawgs didn't work out something to play each other these next two seasons. I, too, root for Carthage when they are in another division.

I agree the Buckeyes of 2009 were better than the Dawgs of 09, but 08 and 10 the Buckeyes could and did not beat the Dawgs.

buckeyebob
11-01-2012, 06:15 AM

Without counting, we have that many...off the top of my head, I think we have 2 Sr.

buckeyebob
11-01-2012, 06:17 AM

The Dogs get awfully good when they do not have to perform...have they played anyone with a pulse yet?

buckeyebob
11-01-2012, 06:18 AM

and Hennason

Lion70
11-01-2012, 06:22 AM
The Dogs get awfully good when they do not have to perform...have they played anyone with a pulse yet?

Def Jasper and center is decent at best. How they lost to Jacksonville is like Carthage struggling with Nac in recent years ( not this year through.

waterboy
11-01-2012, 07:37 AM
You have convinced your self that Gilmer could beat Carthage this year, but you know without a doubt Carthage would hang 50 on your Buckeyes by the third Quarter. The Buckeye have had come from behind victories, Chapell Hill took you the fourth quarter, Henderson had two touch downs called and back and a two point conversion, you beat Jacksonville without there stud Q/B in the last seconds of the game and Kilgore is going to take you to the woodshed. After the Kilgore game you will know how good the Buckeyes are. You will still be hard to beat in the playoffs because of your coach and the Buckeye tradition, but beat Carthage this year is a pipe dream and you know it. The Dawgs have won two of the last three meetings.

Bwahahahaha..........you're a funny dude! There is absolutely NO WAY Carthage could even come close to hanging 50 on the Buckeyes' Black Flag Defense this year. They've never been able to do it before with all of the really good teams of the past, so why would you think they could now? Oh, yeah,.....y'all are the almighty Carthage........the team that got BEAT by these Buckeyes last year. The Buckeyes have gotten better and better this year. I honestly don't know how good they are, but I do know there's much more talent on this team than there has been in a number of years. You sound pretty confident, which is good, but talk is cheap. It is my "opinion" that the Buckeyes would BEAT Carthage if they played, and you have the opposite opinion, and neither opinion means squat in the grand scheme of things. Unfortunately, we won't play each other in the next two years, and that is a shame.

waterboy
11-01-2012, 07:42 AM

:spitlol: :spitlol:

Yep......they played Jacksonville...............oh, wait,........they lost that one.........oops! That's the only team the Dawgs and the Buckeyes have in common........hmmmm.....

db1980
11-01-2012, 09:20 AM
:spitlol: :spitlol:

Yep......they played Jacksonville...............oh, wait,........they lost that one.........oops! That's the only team the Dawgs and the Buckeyes have in common........hmmmm.....

Jax lost their QB after playing Carthage and before the Gilmer game. He would've been a difference maker in that game against Gilmer. That's the breaks you get in football. Like Gilmer and Carthage not being in the same division of playoffs this year. Gilmer is fortunate they don't have to play Carthage this year. Like I said Gilmer squeaked it out last year at home with a senior QB pulling the trigger.

waterboy
11-01-2012, 10:07 AM
Jax lost their QB after playing Carthage and before the Gilmer game. He would've been a difference maker in that game against Gilmer. That's the breaks you get in football. Like Gilmer and Carthage not being in the same division of playoffs this year. Gilmer is fortunate they don't have to play Carthage this year. Like I said Gilmer squeaked it out last year at home with a senior QB pulling the trigger.
Yes, Jacksonville lost their "starting" QB after playing Carthage, but his replacement was/is a much better runner, and just as good of a QB, in my opinion. Gilmer could not prepare for him because they didn't have any film on him. He had only played at QB for part of the 4th quarter the week before our game with them. We still beat them, and Carthage lost to them. Talk about "fortunate"? Carthage got out of the D of D, and avoids Gilmer once again. Now, THAT is being fortunate! I think the majority of the Gilmer folks would absolutely LOVE to play Carthage. It would be fun, not to mention it would help alleviate some of cockiness we keep hearing out of you Carthage people. We're still not where we need to be in order to win a title, but we ain't far from it at all. We definitely have the talent. It's a matter of getting all these sophomores and juniors more time to gel. This year we have a LOT more speed, size, and overall talent than we had last year when we beat y'all.

lostaussie
11-01-2012, 12:30 PM
We won't even be the 1st team to beat Kilgore...........that will be Henderson. But 8-2 going into the playoffs ain't bad:D

cowboyandchrist
11-01-2012, 04:03 PM

Jasper has only allowed 7 point a game until they ran into the Dawgs. The Dawgs hung 42 on them. Since Coach S has taken over at Carthage, THEY GET BETTER EVERY GAME, most teams are as good as they are going to be by game 8, not the Dawgs they do get better every game. Look at last year. You get taken to the woodshed by Argyle and it takes two overtimes and a missed extra point for Argyle to beat the Dawgs with 9 starting sophmores. I stand by what I said at the beginning of the year, it will come down to the Rattlers and the Dawgs who plays the Ville for the Championship.

poisoned10
11-02-2012, 12:23 PM
Gilmer is in a really weird spot right now.

No matter what happens tonight, Gilmer and Kilgore will be playing for the district championship next week. But if Gilmer were to lose tonight and next week, there is a chance we miss out on the playoffs all together. Basically an "All or Nothing" type thing going on.

waterboy
11-02-2012, 01:02 PM
Gilmer is in a really weird spot right now.

No matter what happens tonight, Gilmer and Kilgore will be playing for the district championship next week. But if Gilmer were to lose tonight and next week, there is a chance we miss out on the playoffs all together. Basically an "All or Nothing" type thing going on.

Yep, that's why the coaches are harping on leaving no doubt by winning tonight first. We can think about Kilgore after about 10:30 tonight. If we take care of business tonight we are in, and still have a chance at the D of D title next week. We will NOT give that district title up easily, that I can assure you.

By the way, are you going to the game tonight? Unfortunately, I have to work and won't be able to make it. Updates via text? I can't open those like you sent last time. I have a teenage daughter, and will not pay for that package. She can text all she wants, but NO internet for her, or the wife and me.

poisoned10
11-02-2012, 01:23 PM
Yep, that's why the coaches are harping on leaving no doubt by winning tonight first. We can think about Kilgore after about 10:30 tonight. If we take care of business tonight we are in, and still have a chance at the D of D title next week. We will NOT give that district title up easily, that I can assure you.

By the way, are you going to the game tonight? Unfortunately, I have to work and won't be able to make it. Updates via text? I can't open those like you sent last time. I have a teenage daughter, and will not pay for that package. She can text all she wants, but NO internet for her, or the wife and me.

Yeah, I'll be there. I just sent a group text last time, nothing that uses data. There were some pictures I sent of how small Prestonwood's stands were but that's it. I'll send you updates though.

A good friend of mine is from Bullard and his niece goes to school there and has him doing a dance at halftime tonight, so there is no way I could miss this game!

waterboy
11-02-2012, 02:11 PM
Yeah, I'll be there. I just sent a group text last time, nothing that uses data. There were some pictures I sent of how small Prestonwood's stands were but that's it. I'll send you updates though.

A good friend of mine is from Bullard and his niece goes to school there and has him doing a dance at halftime tonight, so there is no way I could miss this game!

Thanks!

Lion70
11-03-2012, 08:53 AM
Playoff teams are set
1. 8-0 Kilgore Division 1
2. 7-1 small school Num1 seed gets loser of Cantan/Van
3. 5-4 Henderson get winner of that game in bi district.

buckeyebob
11-04-2012, 08:37 AM

Gilmer too lost our QB during last years game with Carthrage...so, based on that fact, Carthrage beat the hech out of the Buckeyes...OH! that did not happen...the buckeyes put in the back-up QB &...guess what..."W"...y'all had to tuck tail and slink back to the safety of Panola County and ;ick your wounds...looks like yoe be still licking.

db1980
11-04-2012, 10:15 PM
Gilmer too lost our QB during last years game with Carthrage...so, based on that fact, Carthrage beat the hech out of the Buckeyes...OH! that did not happen...the buckeyes put in the back-up QB &...guess what..."W"...y'all had to tuck tail and slink back to the safety of Panola County and ;ick your wounds...looks like yoe be still licking.

I do believe Turner went down in the 4th qtr last year. Traylor came in and managed a drive well. Gilmer did squeak that win out at home against a young bulldog team.

regaleagle
11-04-2012, 10:23 PM
Yeah, them Gilmerites can be a little squeaky sometimes, and sneaky sometimes too, LOL. But you gotta hand it to them, they do manage to win district when all the chips are on the table. I'm interested to see what kind of poker Kilgore plays this coming Friday. Ante up, boys.

buckeyebob
11-05-2012, 12:23 AM
I do believe Turner went down in the 4th qtr last year. Traylor came in and managed a drive well. Gilmer did squeak that win out at home against a young bulldog team.

A squeak or a roar...it don't matter...a "W" is a "W"

db1980
11-05-2012, 07:46 AM
A squeak or a roar...it don't matter...a "W" is a "W"

Can't argue with that.