PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 4 vs 4s vs 5

Old Timer
10-25-2012, 12:26 PM
Which would you buy and why?

I DON'T CARE FOR ANY OTHER PHONE BESIDES AN IPHONE. ANDROID AND SAMSUNG PHONES ARE CRAP. I'VE HAD THE MISFORTUNE OF OWNING BOTH OVER THE PAST TWO YEARS..... I will go with an iPhone, just don't know which one yet. Lay it on me.......

Emerson1
10-27-2012, 08:31 AM
Don't see any reason not to go with the 5 unless you consider that one is free, $100 or $200.

Yoe_09
10-31-2012, 04:55 PM
What type of Android phones have you had? I just got the HTC Vivid(took it over the Iphone) and I have had 0 problems.

But, if you are set on the Iphone I would just go with the 5 if money does not come into play. You will be getting a bigger screen.

OldNavy
10-31-2012, 06:15 PM
I have the Samsung Galaxy S 3 phone. I like the heck out of it. Big screen very fast good phone reception very bright I have no issues with it whatsoever.

The older I get the better I use to play.

poisoned10
11-02-2012, 01:20 PM
iPhone 4 (8GB FREE) - Don't get this one. You have to sign a 2-year agreement with whichever carrier you have and in 2 years this iPhone won't be able to handle the apps and games that will be available then. Every app and game is being developed for the latest iPhone, the iPhone 5, which has a MUCH faster processor than what the 4 or even 4s have to offer. Running a game or app that is designed for the faster processor means that game/app will run slow and/or laggy if at all. In a year, Apple will likely stop supporting iOS updates to this device. So the new features that come out with iOS7 and iOS8, or whatever they decided to call it, will be left out. For example, Google Maps was dropped by Apple and replaced by Apple's own Map App included in iOS6. The iPhone 4 did not get that feature and has no way of installing Apple Maps or Google maps from the App Store at this time. Moral of the story, you want support for your device for the length of your contract, iPhone 4 will LIKELY not get you that.

iPhone 4s (16GB $99, 32GB $199) - Was the latest device until just over a month ago. It has a good A5 processor and can run everything the iPhone 5 can and will likely be supported for the next 2 or 3 years. The camera was upgraded from a 5MP to an 8MP and I believe HD 720p video was added. Other than than, there really was much of a difference from the 4 to the 4s.

iPhone 5 (16GB $199, 32GB $299, 64GB $399) - There were several improvements made from the 4s to the 5. Obviously the first thing people notice is the screen size. It went from a 3.5 inch screen to a 4 inch screen. Basically adds an extra row of apps to the home screen. They upgraded the processor to the A6 which is a 1GHz, dual core processor. Apps, games and the device itself runs much faster than the 4s does. It has all the new features of iOS6 including the Apple Map app which actually consumes 80% less data than the Google Map app did. The connector was changed to the 'Lightning Adapter' which is digital and interchangeable.

I have the iPhone 5 and love it and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking to buy an iPhone. The only problem is finding one right now.

Hope that helps you a little.

garciap77
11-07-2012, 01:22 PM
I have the Samsung Galaxy S 3 phone. I like the heck out of it. Big screen very fast good phone reception very bright I have no issues with it whatsoever.

:iagree:

Inmateboss
11-07-2012, 02:31 PM
Which would you buy and why?

I DON'T CARE FOR ANY OTHER PHONE BESIDES AN IPHONE. ANDROID AND SAMSUNG PHONES ARE CRAP. I'VE HAD THE MISFORTUNE OF OWNING BOTH OVER THE PAST TWO YEARS..... I will go with an iPhone, just don't know which one yet. Lay it on me.......

I have the 4s and love it !!! My son just got a 5 but no update yet on it!!

Expect to win, Play to win!!! Go Graham Steers
Go # 5

lsimm1413
11-27-2012, 04:12 PM
Iphone 5.

toddg
11-27-2012, 05:00 PM
my 1996 motorola analog flip phone does exactly what i need it for..make and recieve phone calls..added bonus..makes me feel important when i pull out the antenna, like a secret agent man!!

pirate4state
11-28-2012, 03:03 PM

I just got my S3 on Monday and so far, so good! Haven't really played around with it too much yet. Love the screen & it is super fast downloading pages, etc...

BwdLion73
11-28-2012, 06:45 PM
my 1996 motorola analog flip phone does exactly what i need it for..make and recieve phone calls..added bonus..makes me feel important when i pull out the antenna, like a secret agent man!!

:thumbsup:

Roughneck93
11-28-2012, 09:42 PM

I just got my S3 on Monday and so far, so good! Haven't really played around with it too much yet. Love the screen & it is super fast downloading pages, etc...

I've heard good things about the S3...thinking about getting it as well.

Hendo
12-07-2012, 10:17 AM
iPhone 4