PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater @ Big Spring

ccmom
10-24-2012, 02:21 PM
Sweetwater beat Snyder and Snyder beat Big Spring. Now we get to see how these two match up.

I'll be rooting for Sweetwater. I'm NOT a Big Spring fan...and that's all I'll say about that! ;)

Red&White_9x5
10-24-2012, 02:25 PM
I haven't got to see Big spring yet, but I think the Stangs can win this ballgame. I know it can be said about any game, but if we don't turn the ball over or kill drives with penalties, i like our chances
Stangs- 31
Steers- 21

Halup
10-24-2012, 03:03 PM
Sweetwater beat Snyder and Snyder beat Big Spring. Now we get to see how these two match up.

I'll be rooting for Sweetwater. I'm NOT a Big Spring fan...and that's all I'll say about that! ;)

Most of the Lobo fans also will be rooting for Sweetwater. That way, Wylie goes D1 and we won't have to play you again until next year! ;)

Pendragon13
10-24-2012, 03:07 PM
If Big Spring manages to nab the same officiating crew that called the Wylie game, then Sweetwater has a long and frustrating night ahead...
Pulling for the stangs though.

Sville
10-24-2012, 04:33 PM
I know this is way off topic for this game, but do any of you SW fans remember Chris Hines and James Moore? The real thunder and lightning in my book. We played them my senior year and were up 20-0 at halftime only to watch them come back to win. I remember Moore was so quick you couldn't catch him in a phone booth. I played on the OL and on one punt I was the first one down. I was about 2 yards away from him when he caught the ball, I broke down and he gave me a little shake and bake. I grabbed air and he made the Road Runner beep beep sound as he went by. I still chuckle thinking about that.

slingshot
10-24-2012, 06:14 PM
Big Spring 34--S'Water 21... Sweet water would like to win this one... Big Spring HAS to win this one and they are at home with home cookin' refs (they are terrible BTW--Lubbock chapter)

Tiganut
10-24-2012, 06:21 PM
Having played both I think Big Spring 30 Sweetwater 28.

Spanish Camp
10-24-2012, 06:53 PM
I have no info on this game, only curiosity: how is Tobyn Tannehill doing?

WTF-82
10-24-2012, 10:44 PM
Most of the Lobo fans also will be rooting for Sweetwater. That way, Wylie goes D1 and we won't have to play you again until next year! ;)

fYI

Loboes turn into a different animal come playoff time watch out.....Playoff time is when our season begins.......

Sweetwater Red
10-25-2012, 05:19 PM
Mustangs need win to eliminate Steers, stay in playoff contention

October 25, 2012

ByRon Howell

For the second straight week, Sweetwater will be facing a team Friday that is desperate for a win in order to remain a viable conten-der for the postseason.
The Mustangs are facing a Big Spring team that is 0-2 in district play after rolling through its non-district schedule with a 5-0 record. The Steers can’t afford ano-ther loss, but Sweetwater (3-4, 1-1) will be almost as desperate when it takes the field at Big Spring.
Last week’s 31-13 loss to Greenwood has made this week a near must-win situ-ation for the Mustangs, who still have to face Monahans and No. 2-ranked Wylie — two perennial state powers who are regarded as the class of District 4-3A.
Despite Big Spring’s great start, in a sense its district record isn’t all that surprising because the Steers have struggled against their district foes since dropping down from Class 4A two years ago. Big Spring’s only district win, in fact, came against Sweetwater in 2010 — the last time the Mustangs faced Big Spring on the Steers’ home turf. Since then, Big Spring has lost eight straight to its district competitors, including a 28-6 loss to Sweetwater last year at Mustang Bowl.
If Big Spring — which lost to Snyder 31-21 last week — defeats Sweetwater, there is a possibility of a four-way tie for third place behind Wylie and Monahans, who are both favored to win their games this week.
Big Spring is led by sophomore quarterback Tobyn Tannehill. If the name is familiar, it’s because he is the younger brother of two former Big Spring quarter-backs, Ryan and Tyler.
Ryan Tannehill, of course, went on to be a star quarterback at Texas A&M and now plays for the Miami Dolphins. Tobyn leads Big Spring in both passing and rushing yards, but he has been intercepted five times in two district games and turnovers were a big reason for the loss to Snyder.
Sweetwater is currently in a four-way district tie for second place with Snyder, Greenwood and Monahans. Greenwood will host Wylie (2-0) on Friday and Mona-hans will host Snyder in the other district contest.
Sweetwater also has a sophomore QB is Kaegan Jeffrey, who took over as the Mustangs’ signal caller this season following the graduation of three-year starter Taylor Jones.
Last week, Jeffrey threw for a season-high 341 yards against Greenwood inclu-ding two TD throws to Kal-eb Hoover, and for the year has passed for 1,337 yards and 11 TDs. But like Tanne-hill, he threw two intercep-tions last week and Sweet-water had four turnovers in all against Greenwood.
Due to injuries, Sweetwa-ter may have to shuffle its lineup when the Mustangs face Big Spring. Among the injured is the team’s top rusher, Marquees Jenkins, who is out for the year after suffering a dislocated shoulder against Brownwood in late September. Sweetwat-er still has three top receivers in Hoover, who has 437 yards and five TDs on 26 catches; Bray Amos (30 catches, 433 yards, 3 TDs) and Willie Norman (21, 380 and one touchdown).

http://www.sweetwaterreporter.com/content/mustangs-need-win-eliminate-steers-stay-playoff-contention

Sweetwater Red
10-26-2012, 07:45 PM
Sweetwater 7
Big Spring 0

18 yard TD pass Jeffery to Amos

6:46 left in 1st quarter

Sweetwater Red
10-26-2012, 07:47 PM
Sweetwater 14
Big Spring 0

20 yard TD pass Jeffery to Amos

5:09 left in 1st quarter

Sweetwater Red
10-26-2012, 08:06 PM
Sweetwater 21
Big Spring 0

4 yard TD run by Linebaugh

9:56 left in 2nd quarter

Sweetwater Red
10-26-2012, 08:15 PM
Sweetwater 21
Big Spring 6

6:35 left in 2nd quarter

Sweetwater Red
10-26-2012, 08:29 PM
Sweetwater 21
Big Spring 9

2:12 left in 2nd quarter

Sweetwater Red
10-26-2012, 08:37 PM
3 personal fouls called on Big Spring D on two consecutive plays.

Sweetwater Red
10-26-2012, 08:44 PM
Sweetwater 28
Big Spring 9

33 yard TD pass Jeffery to Norman

20 seconds left in 2nd quarter

Sweetwater Red
10-26-2012, 09:20 PM
Sweetwater 35
Big Spring 9

16 yard TD run by Linebaugh

10:10 left in 3rd quarter

Sweetwater Red
10-26-2012, 09:44 PM
Sweetwater 42
Big Spring 9

2 yard TD run by Linebaugh

12:00 minutes left in 4th quarter

Sweetwater Red
10-26-2012, 10:12 PM
Sweetwater 42
Big Spring 9

Final

Pendragon13
10-26-2012, 10:13 PM
Congrats! I knew you guys had the program headed in the right direction..

ccmom
10-26-2012, 10:20 PM
Nice win for the Stangs!!!!!!

Sville
10-26-2012, 11:05 PM
Nice win for the Stangs!!!!!!

You know what this means, it puts the Bulldogs and Jackets on a collision course in the qtr. finals

ccmom
10-26-2012, 11:08 PM
You know what this means, it puts the Bulldogs and Jackets on a collision course in the qtr. finals

If that's how it happens, sounds great to me!!

Ville-D
10-27-2012, 12:39 AM

2012 Bucket list...

GetRDoneStangs
10-27-2012, 09:51 AM
3 personal fouls called on Big Spring D on two consecutive plays.

The Mustangs finally got it all together. We had to rob the JV for our OL, but the young un's came through! There was 3 personal fouls on 1 play, but BS had the one (face mask) and then post plays offset, then BS had another on the next play.....the officials (Permian Basin) got control and the rest was a well called clean played game....for the most part.

Next week will be big at Mustang Bowl......Monohans comes to town and the winner should be in the playoffs and the loser..????

Instead of Halloween...it's going to look alot about Christmas with the Red and Green in The Bowl!!

ccmom
10-27-2012, 10:02 AM
The Mustangs finally got it all together. We had to rob the JV for our OL, but the young un's came through! There was 3 personal fouls on 1 play, but BS had the one (face mask) and then post plays offset, then BS had another on the next play.....the officials (Permian Basin) got control and the rest was a well called clean played game....for the most part.

Next week will be big at Mustang Bowl......Monohans comes to town and the winner should be in the playoffs and the loser..????

Instead of Halloween...it's going to look alot about Christmas with the Red and Green in The Bowl!!.

That should make for a great atmosphere and a great game. I love how this district is playing out and I always like to see the Stangs do well. Well, almost always. ;)

Sweetwater Red
10-27-2012, 02:33 PM

That should make for a great atmosphere and a great game. I love how this district is playing out and I always like to see the Stangs do well. Well, almost always. ;)

What she said. Well, except for the almost part. Lol

slingshot
10-27-2012, 06:07 PM
You know what this means, it puts the Bulldogs and Jackets on a collision course in the qtr. finalsLot of ball to be played between now and then...

Halup
10-27-2012, 06:33 PM

Instead of Halloween...it's going to look alot about Christmas with the Red and Green in The Bowl!!

The green will be there in force to do our part helping you decorate the Bowl. Since we're going to be in town, you don't happen to know a good barber do you?

injuredinmelee
10-28-2012, 09:40 PM
What has happened to big spring? Grades come out and spell doom or team finally loses and quits?

upper20
10-29-2012, 03:52 PM
What has happened to big spring? Grades come out and spell doom or team finally loses and quits?

That is the question many are asking -- wish someone with some insight would address. While Big Spring has been a perennial under-achiever, based upon their non-district record and the way they played Wylie, I expected them to be 2-1 at this point -- not 0-3.

slingshot
10-29-2012, 06:07 PM
Props to Sweetwater. Ya'll played lights out... looks like Big Spring has hung it up already. See you here in 2 weeks!