PDA

View Full Version : Snyder @ Monahans

ccmom
10-24-2012, 02:05 PM
Snyder coming off a big win against Big Spring and Monahans lost a tough one to Wylie. These two teams have a history. I'm curious to see how this one goes.

Red&White_9x5
10-24-2012, 02:28 PM
Monahans has found a way to beat Snyder the past few years when Snyder was really really good. This year the Loboes, although down, is still MUCH better than Snyder. I will take the Loboes by 17+

Halup
10-24-2012, 02:58 PM
Monahans has found a way to beat Snyder the past few years when Snyder was really really good. This year the Loboes, although down, is still MUCH better than Snyder. I will take the Loboes by 17+

At 3 wins and 4 losses, Monahans is definitely "down" from its record of the past several years; but the Loboes are far better than their record suggests. The combined win-loss record of the 4 teams that have beat the Loboes this year is 27 wins and 2 losses (Wylie 7-0; Canyon Randall 7-0; Canyon 6-1 losing only to Randall; and Midland Christian 7-1). The Monahans-Snyder matchup has been a great rivalry over the years. Our Seniors were 3 - 0 during the Keenon Ward era; and they aren't about to go out on a losing note. Monahans starts its winning streak this Friday and will win out to finish 2nd in District behind a superior Wylie team.

slingshot
10-24-2012, 06:16 PM
At 3 wins and 4 losses, Monahans is definitely "down" from its record of the past several years; but the Loboes are far better than their record suggests. The combined win-loss record of the 4 teams that have beat the Loboes this year is 27 wins and 2 losses (Wylie 7-0; Canyon Randall 7-0; Canyon 6-1 losing only to Randall; and Midland Christian 7-1). The Monahans-Snyder matchup has been a great rivalry over the years. Our Seniors were 3 - 0 during the Keenon Ward era; and they aren't about to go out on a losing note. Monahans starts its winning streak this Friday and will win out to finish 2nd in District behind a superior Wylie team.Ditto. Monahans rolls...

Tiganut
10-24-2012, 06:19 PM
Snyder takes this one. We have several injured but still get it done.

hollywood
10-24-2012, 09:51 PM
Go Gringo's by 20+

WTF-82
10-24-2012, 10:34 PM
Loboes win by 15

defense51
10-25-2012, 06:53 AM
This one probably turns out to be a good game, I'll take Monohans by 14 after the way they played AW last week.

regaleagle
10-25-2012, 07:19 AM
Last week Wylie had 5 starters out and played a 3rd string qb and still won. Snyder beat a good Big Spring team last week. I like Snyder in this one.....they have their backs against the wall and it's do or die. They've had 7 weeks to improve, and it showed last week. I'm going with Snyder by a TD 28-21.

ccmom
10-25-2012, 09:11 AM
Last week Wylie had 5 starters out and played a 3rd string qb and still won. Snyder beat a good Big Spring team last week. I like Snyder in this one.....they have their backs against the wall and it's do or die. They've had 7 weeks to improve, and it showed last week. I'm going with Snyder by a TD 28-21.

We did have 5 starters out, but the QB was not one of them. Just FYI.

TexasFight
10-25-2012, 09:56 AM
Unless Snyder comes up with something special, Monahans takes this one easily. Snyder beating Big Spring at home is only a marginal win due to the fact that Big Spring is going to be tough at home and soft on the road (it's amazing how a few 15 yard penalties will kill momentum).

The key to beating Monahans is making them throw the ball.

Inmateboss
10-25-2012, 11:10 AM

Snyder is always willing to step up and put the screws to ya!!! Got to go with Snyder in this one!!

Expect to win, Play to win!!! Go Graham Steers
Go # 5

hollywood
10-25-2012, 11:38 AM
What was the Brownwood vs Snyder score?

Pendragon13
10-25-2012, 11:42 AM
Before seeing that Snyder beat Big Spring...I would have said Monahans all the way. Now I'm not sure if BS had an off night, or Snyder has more than I thought. In any case, Monahans won't be easy to bring down..

ccmom
10-25-2012, 11:48 AM
What was the Brownwood vs Snyder score?

49-14

WTF-82
10-25-2012, 12:08 PM
Snyder is always willing to step up and put the screws to ya!!! Got to go with Snyder in this one!!

Expect to win, Play to win!!! Go Graham Steers
Go # 5

I'm not sure how good Big Spring really is its hard to judge them. All schools have injuries don't think that is reason for
Wylie ,Monahans game tired of hearing that excuse Wylie almost has 4A numbers so depth is not a problem there.
Monahans had tough Non Dist schedule that has really helped them prepare.
I'll take Loboes

Sweetwater Red
10-25-2012, 12:13 PM
All schools have injuries

Thank you. You'd think from reading a few posts on this board that injuries were limited to just a few select teams. :rolleyes:

Oh and Notre Dame still sucks! Lol

hollywood
10-25-2012, 12:20 PM
Thanks ccmom.

So if Brownwood whooped Snyder 49-14, where does this leave the Snyder/Big Spring match up? Both are typical West Texas teams that will struggle if they get out of Reg 1. Both stay home.

It will be these 3 that advance to the playoffs:
AW
MG
MH

The game is in Monahans. Snyder will compete but Monahans will butt whip them by at least 21. Mark it down.

Pendragon13
10-25-2012, 12:24 PM
I'm not sure how good Big Spring really is its hard to judge them. All schools have injuries don't think that is reason for
Wylie ,Monahans game tired of hearing that excuse Wylie almost has 4A numbers so depth is not a problem there.
Monahans had tough Non Dist schedule that has really helped them prepare.
I'll take LoboesNobody is saying that only certain teams get injuries, but common sense tells you that which players are on the field DOES make a difference. I don't think any 3A team (and I don't think Wylie is even in the top 20 largest 3A's) has the luxury of depth at every position....especially when you're forced to go with the 4th option at certain key positions. Just look at what happened to Lubbock Estacado (pre-season top 10 and former 4A few years back) when they lost their #1 RB..

Sweetwater Red
10-25-2012, 12:31 PM
nevermind

WTF-82
10-25-2012, 04:32 PM
Nobody is saying that only certain teams get injuries, but common sense tells you that which players are on the field DOES make a difference. I don't think any 3A team (and I don't think Wylie is even in the top 20 largest 3A's) has the luxury of depth at every position....especially when you're forced to go with the 4th option at certain key positions. Just look at what happened to Lubbock Estacado (pre-season top 10 and former 4A few years back) when they lost their #1 RB..

I just think its hilarious how Abilene media blows it up on news it was funny all they talked about was injuries & how many we're out no credit to opponent performance... There opponent had injuries also but was not advertised.... Monahans starting
RB has been out all year finally back in action but no excuses from me .....still gotta find a way to get the win....
Right now is time to start clicking Go Loboes !!!!

WTF-82
10-25-2012, 04:40 PM
Thank you. You'd think from reading a few posts on this board that injuries were limited to just a few select teams. :rolleyes:

Oh and Notre Dame still sucks! Lol

Go Irish !!! Actually Fighting Irish!!

Pendragon13
10-25-2012, 05:02 PM
I just think its hilarious how Abilene media blows it up on news it was funny all they talked about was injuries & how many we're out no credit to opponent performance... There opponent had injuries also but was not advertised.... Monahans starting
RB has been out all year finally back in action but no excuses from me .....still gotta find a way to get the win....
Right now is time to start clicking Go Loboes !!!!I usually don't watch local news and don't get the paper, but I would venture to guess that this is a big deal because it isn't just our starting RB...but also the 2nd and 3rd option which are two way starters. (safety and corner) I picked you guys to beat Snyder btw...the Loboes are a good team.

WTF-82
10-25-2012, 05:14 PM
I usually don't watch local news and don't get the paper, but I would venture to guess that this is a big deal because it isn't just our starting RB...but also the 2nd and 3rd option which are two way starters. (safety and corner) I picked you guys to beat Snyder btw...the Loboes are a good team.

Word.... Football getting fun good luck rest of the year .....

slingshot
10-25-2012, 05:54 PM
Right now is time to start clicking Go Loboes !!!!Whatever. We play ya'll again healthy we smoke you by 3 TD's... or more.

M-town lobo fan
10-25-2012, 09:46 PM
At 3 wins and 4 losses, Monahans is definitely "down" from its record of the past several years; but the Loboes are far better than their record suggests. The combined win-loss record of the 4 teams that have beat the Loboes this year is 27 wins and 2 losses (Wylie 7-0; Canyon Randall 7-0; Canyon 6-1 losing only to Randall; and Midland Christian 7-1). The Monahans-Snyder matchup has been a great rivalry over the years. Our Seniors were 3 - 0 during the Keenon Ward era; and they aren't about to go out on a losing note. Monahans starts its winning streak this Friday and will win out to finish 2nd in District behind a superior Wylie team.

Because of Monahans tougher schedule (bout time Owens!!!) Monahans will defeat Schnider , Sourwater then the Nut House and go atleast 3 rounds deep Again.Mark my word we are the best 4 lost team in the state (in a schnider tiger voice)..

WTF-82
10-25-2012, 09:49 PM
Whatever. We play ya'll again healthy we smoke you by 3 TD's... or more.

Lol... You definitely sound like Abilene folk I think you folks got your feelings hurt last Friday at Wylie Stadium I guess the fact that this best Wylie has had in a while & possibly Monahans down compared to there recent success & you only winning
By a field goal really hurt Wylie fans & media's feelings..... Relax get into the playoffs then that is when the Season starts....
But please no more excuses just play last I heard Football is the ultimate TEAM sport so .......

ccmom
10-25-2012, 10:04 PM
Lol... You definitely sound like Abilene folk I think you folks got your feelings hurt last Friday at Wylie Stadium I guess the fact that this best Wylie has had in a while & possibly Monahans down compared to there recent success & you only winning
By a field goal really hurt Wylie fans & media's feelings..... Relax get into the playoffs then that is when the Season starts....
But please no more excuses just play last I heard Football is the ultimate TEAM sport so .......
Or could it be that we are proud of a team that suffers injuries to 5 key players vs Big Spring, and turns around the next week and wins a hard fought game against a tough district opponent, while those players are on the sidelines? I guess you can look at it either way. I never get my feelings hurt over a win. Good luck to a tough Monahans team the rest of the way.

M-town lobo fan
10-28-2012, 11:03 PM
I think the Rival has ended!!!

regaleagle
10-28-2012, 11:36 PM
Well, I guess that decides it then. This must really be a thread about Monahans finally getting their starting rb back this week, and now they're gonna kick everybody's butt, LOL. Just so happens Snyder is gonna be the first guinea pig, huh? Don't make no difference one way or the other to me, except that it's entertaining. Heck, go get 'em Loboes....if y'all are up to it. But just don't make too much out of that Wylie game with all the backups they played at the key positions against your starters. They WERE seriously hindered with only one week to prepare those backups, and still won. Now MAYBE your rb is a big difference-maker.....we'll see. I'll be tuning in to the scoring on here Friday nite to see how it goes. Good luck to both teams.

ccmom
10-29-2012, 12:23 PM
Congrats to the Loboes. Now it' s our turn to visit my favorite city of Snyder!!! (I really am looking forward to seeing the renovatations :thumbsup:)

M-town lobo fan
10-30-2012, 08:37 AM
Well, I guess that decides it then. This must really be a thread about Monahans finally getting their starting rb back this week, and now they're gonna kick everybody's butt, LOL. Just so happens Snyder is gonna be the first guinea pig, huh? Don't make no difference one way or the other to me, except that it's entertaining. Heck, go get 'em Loboes....if y'all are up to it. But just don't make too much out of that Wylie game with all the backups they played at the key positions against your starters. They WERE seriously hindered with only one week to prepare those backups, and still won. Now MAYBE your rb is a big difference-maker.....we'll see. I'll be tuning in to the scoring on here Friday nite to see how it goes. Good luck to both teams.

Nope no excuses Abilene Wylie was a better team..Loboes are a much better team than their record indicates (4-4)..4 losses coming to a defending state champ,#2 team (AW) and 2
4A schools..With or without your starters and injuries you better show up to play when you play the Loboes..We are not even in top 25 and we will be at the least 3 rounds deep Again..Then we will get all the 3Adl attention and have to listen to them say how we turned our season around when actually we been good just had a tough schedule..Goodluck to everyone the rest of the season..See ya in December!!!