PDA

View Full Version : Sideline to Sideline Week 8 Show

Gsquared
10-24-2012, 07:23 AM
http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1424329

Ville-D
10-24-2012, 07:48 AM
If you cannot get the link to work...

PM me and I will try to help. It will be later this afternoon...

Ville-D
10-24-2012, 07:48 AM
http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1424329

Sad... RIP Big Tex

Gsquared
10-24-2012, 07:55 AM
So lately ive been noshing on tacos in the hood after we record the show on Tuesdays nights and those tacos make for a horrible Wednesday every time. I just cant seem to quit eating there though.

buckeyebob
10-24-2012, 08:32 AM
OK...what did you do? Looks like I am getting it this time (saving to desktop)

Gsquared
10-24-2012, 09:46 AM
Sad... RIP Big Tex

Bow your head for a moment of silence

Pendragon13
10-24-2012, 11:44 AM
Good show, but you guys got the Abilene Wylie/Monahans game totally wrong..lol.

We lost 5 key starters in the Big Spring game...if those guys were playing last friday the score would have looked much different. This wasn't a "wakeup call" game or one they were sleepwalking in...the subs (especially 4th string RB) fought hard all game long and were lucky to come out with the win.

movethechain
10-24-2012, 11:53 AM
So lately ive been noshing on tacos in the hood after we record the show on Tuesdays nights and those tacos make for a horrible Wednesday every time. I just cant seem to quit eating there though.

You are for sure eating at the wrong place. Try the Velvet Taco on North Henderson Avenue. The best I've ever had and the cold draft beer complements the tacos well ... unless you are already smashed, in which case it would be a waste of both excellent tacos and good beer. :D

Ville-D
10-24-2012, 12:23 PM
You are for sure eating at the wrong place. Try the Velvet Taco on North Henderson Avenue. The best I've ever had and the cold draft beer complements the tacos well ... unless you are already smashed, in which case it would be a waste of both excellent tacos and good beer. :D

I've never seen or heard G2 when he wasn't drunk or hung over. Someone must have put a "hit" out on his liver and he is trying to cash in.

DKfromDUB
10-24-2012, 12:41 PM
Great debate about the Stephenville/Alvarado play calling. I agree the Stephenville play calling is really conservative. And it has worked so far because they have been better than the competition. I remember in years past it would drive me crazy how consertative they would be when playing really good teams (ALEDO)

Matthew328
10-24-2012, 01:12 PM
I enjoy hearing the road trip stories....lol

Matthew328
10-24-2012, 01:23 PM
BTW I am upset that I didnt get an assist for suggesting Ms Allen's Fried Chicken....lol

Gsquared
10-24-2012, 01:48 PM
BTW I am upset that I didnt get an assist for suggesting Ms Allen's Fried Chicken....lol

Yea, we owe you a HUGE assist for Ms. Allens!

Matthew328
10-24-2012, 01:51 PM
I am very interested to hear ya'lls UIL thoughts!

hollywood
10-24-2012, 01:56 PM
I got to hear about a family style eatery. Food was great and the assets in front of G2 were too. Good stories! Good to finally meet G2 and TxB.

Gsquared
10-24-2012, 02:01 PM
I got to hear about a family style eatery. Food was great and the assets in front of G2 were too. Good stories! Good to finally meet G2 and TxB.
Great finally meet you Hollywood!

Sville
10-24-2012, 03:54 PM
Terry you can go a head and say you like Sville to win it all. I know the words may taste bad but they go down smooth.

For the record I don't think it is smart football to throw it up to #88 every time you get in a bind if the D is giving you something else.

Also for the 3rd and long play in question it was a great call scheme wise by the Sville coaches. I just got done watching the highlight. We had been killing them with the swing pass to #22 all night, on that play we lined up in the pistol formation with #1 playing the slot. The TB #22 goes in motion. AV appears to be in cover 1. QB #2 gives a motion like he is going to throw it to #22 on the swing pass, that sucked the LB's up allowing #1 in the slot running a skinny post to get behind them. Since #11 the FS is deep in the cover 1 to help with the two WRs running go routes the middle was wide open. Great scheme by our coaches.

regaleagle
10-24-2012, 04:25 PM
No mention of Pleasanton in the Region 4 configuration. I guess you guys must think they are a pretender for making any impact within the region. All they've done is win, and win decisively. And I hear they have a very good qb, also. Just thought you might include them as a team to watch out for, and give us some insight into the quality of the schedule they have played.

ctown81
10-24-2012, 04:47 PM
I disagree with your comment about your point being right if Bullard loses 2 more games. All they did so far was beat everyone they were supposed to.So of course they were going to be in the hunt no matter what but if they go 0-3 against the big 3 I say you guys overrated them.

SintonFan
10-24-2012, 06:51 PM
You mentioned Sinton! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :2thumbsup:smoker::cool:

bobcat1
10-24-2012, 07:27 PM
Nice interview with Jake. Can't believe he fits in a Smart Car. Gotta love the 55 number. :2thumbsup

bobcat1
10-24-2012, 08:25 PM
Nice show! Thanks for a working link this time!

Ville-D
10-24-2012, 08:48 PM
Terry you can go a head and say you like Sville to win it all. I know the words may taste bad but they go down smooth.

For the record I don't think it is smart football to throw it up to #88 every time you get in a bind if the D is giving you something else.

Also for the 3rd and long play in question it was a great call scheme wise by the Sville coaches. I just got done watching the highlight. We had been killing them with the swing pass to #22 all night, on that play we lined up in the pistol formation with #1 playing the slot. The TB #22 goes in motion. AV appears to be in cover 1. QB #2 gives a motion like he is going to throw it to #22 on the swing pass, that sucked the LB's up allowing #1 in the slot running a skinny post to get behind them. Since #11 the FS is deep in the cover 1 to help with the two WRs running go routes the middle was wide open. Great scheme by our coaches.

Also on that play, 88 was triple covered.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1403040/trip.jpg

83Indian
10-24-2012, 10:08 PM
Also on that play, 88 was triple covered.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1403040/trip.jpg

I just watched that play on the highlight video posted. Stephenville did nothing special. The middle linebacker just stood there in the middle of the field and the free safety who had no one in his area did not react at all to the pass. The slot receiver just ran a lazy post route. Thats about the worst coverage I have ever seen on a 3rd and 21. Absolutely no excuse for that. We cover like that against Glen Rose and were toast. Not sure at all what was going on. Also our outside linebacker has to react faster to the back in motion. You can't just let the guy run in motion uncovered in the flat.

After watching this, I am positive the defense is working on these coverages. I would love to see film of the entire game. I am sure we have a lot to work on.

Grant and Terry, if you have any question, just watch the Stephenville highlight video posted at the 3:18 mark.

Curious to hear your thoughts since you guys went on for about 15 minutes on this play.

I agree with Terry. It would have been better to drop the backers back about 8 - 10 yards and keep the pass in front of the first down forcing them to try a field goal or go for it on 4th down. Of course hindsight is easy now. A lot more difficult when your rarely in this situation to begin with.

Gsquared
10-25-2012, 07:35 AM
I just watched that play on the highlight video posted. Stephenville did nothing special. The middle linebacker just stood there in the middle of the field and the free safety who had no one in his area did not react at all to the pass. The slot receiver just ran a lazy post route. Thats about the worst coverage I have ever seen on a 3rd and 21. Absolutely no excuse for that. We cover like that against Glen Rose and were toast. Not sure at all what was going on. Also our outside linebacker has to react faster to the back in motion. You can't just let the guy run in motion uncovered in the flat.

After watching this, I am positive the defense is working on these coverages. I would love to see film of the entire game. I am sure we have a lot to work on.

Grant and Terry, if you have any question, just watch the Stephenville highlight video posted at the 3:18 mark.

Curious to hear your thoughts since you guys went on for about 15 minutes on this play.

I agree with Terry. It would have been better to drop the backers back about 8 - 10 yards and keep the pass in front of the first down forcing them to try a field goal or go for it on 4th down. Of course hindsight is easy now. A lot more difficult when your rarely in this situation to begin with.

I think Alvarado playing Ville first, helps them against GR

hollywood
10-25-2012, 09:17 AM
I think Alvarado playing Ville first, helps them against GR

I do too. But you know Dunn will have something special for AV to expose their weaknesses. ;)

Lot's of quick screens, play actions, zone reads, multiple crossing routes, etc. GR will be hard to stop. They also have a pretty good sized OL.

Gsquared
10-25-2012, 09:19 AM
I do too. But you know Dunn will have something special for AV to expose their weaknesses. ;)

Lot's of quick screens, play actions, zone reads, multiple crossing routes, etc. GR will be hard to stop. They also have a pretty good sized OL.

You goin to the game Hollywood?

hollywood
10-25-2012, 09:22 AM

When a team tries to defend the spread as well as SV and GR can execute it, the DB's and LB's tend to get very confused and lost at times. Look silly! :evillol:

hollywood
10-25-2012, 09:23 AM
You goin to the game Hollywood?

I'm going to try to make the 2nd half. ;) You?

Gsquared
10-25-2012, 09:28 AM
I'm going to try to make the 2nd half. ;) You?

Im headed east to see Japser/Carthage this week

hollywood
10-25-2012, 09:33 AM
Im headed east to see Japser/Carthage this week

Whoa, that will be a good one!

I'll keep tabs on that one as well as the GR/AV game. If GR/AV is close at halftime, I'll probably drive over to catch the second half. But if GR is up by 14 or more on AV, I'll stay in SV to watch Stidham get reps at QB. ;) :D

Txbroadcaster
10-25-2012, 09:41 AM

Why would taste bad? If the Ville win state that is awesome

Gsquared
10-25-2012, 03:57 PM
Why would taste bad? If the Ville win state that is awesome

Taste like chicken i bet

Ville-D
10-25-2012, 04:11 PM
Taste like chicken i bet

Don't you know it.

Hey, by the way, you 2 YayHoos got your picture in the Stephenville paper today. I'm not saying what section.... Ill try to find it in the online edition.

83Indian
10-25-2012, 04:32 PM
When a team tries to defend the spread as well as SV and GR can execute it, the DB's and LB's tend to get very confused and lost at times. Look silly! :evillol:

I'm sure. I'm just not buying this was a great call on 3rd and 21. Alvarado let yall off the hook on that play:doh:

Txbroadcaster
10-25-2012, 05:44 PM
Don't you know it.

Hey, by the way, you 2 YayHoos got your picture in the Stephenville paper today. I'm not saying what section.... Ill try to find it in the online edition.

480 kind of like find Waldo

bobcat1
10-25-2012, 08:17 PM
480 kind of like find WaldoI found both Waldos. How come they didn't give y'all propane bottles?

Txbroadcaster
10-25-2012, 08:56 PM
I found both Waldos. How come they didn't give y'all propane bottles?

they offered actually but were out

Gsquared
10-25-2012, 09:00 PM
Don't you know it.

Fashion section or most eligible bachelor section, or the police blotter? I'm afraid to look

Matthew328
10-26-2012, 08:12 AM
Grant looks shocked in the pic lol

Gsquared
10-26-2012, 08:59 AM
Grant looks shocked in the pic lol

I was shocked cuz I thought we were in Hillsboro. I kept thinking to myself, man, with everybody talkin chit about Hillsboro, they look pretty dang good. Turned out it was Stephenville/Alvarado

Matthew328
10-26-2012, 09:15 AM
Lol!!!