PDA

View Full Version : giddings D vs la grange D

football
12-09-2001, 05:34 PM
thru 4 games giddings D has given up 56 points while thru 4 playoff games la grange has only given up 9 points something has to give friday nite in the dome

SintonFan_inAustin
12-09-2001, 06:37 PM
Giddings 20
La Grange 7

La Grange has not been that impressive against weaker opponents, I think giddings would had romp on the teams that La Grange played

ex. LaGrange 28 Mathis 0. I Think(only A Assumption) Giddings would have won around 45-0. Same score as Sinton's. They compare to sinton on offense

G-Town_Hottie
12-10-2001, 11:23 PM
thanx sinton fan, i think you are right

come out and help support the Buffaloes!!!

Good Luck next season!!

oldbuff78
12-11-2001, 05:46 AM
LAGRANGE WILL FIND OUT WHAT REG 3 IS ALL ABOUT FRIDAY NIGHT.

zztop
12-11-2001, 09:12 AM
Whoever wins the battle of the turnovers will win this game. It's going to be a lower scored game than most people think.
Coach Valastro is an incredible coach and will find a way for his Leps to pull off the victory.
Go La Grange.
zz

toby070
12-11-2001, 09:25 AM
OldBuff, I really don't care who wins this game, since Wimberley is out now, so don't take this as a slam on Giddings, I'm sure they have a very good team. It just seems funny that repeatedly talk about Region IV being weak. Is there a big talent gap in the 17 miles between y'all and LaGrange? Isn't LaGrange geographically a Region III team that was stuck in Region IV for whatever reason by the UIL?

Also, I'd tend to agree in general region IV is weaker than III, BUT, so far Region IV is doing pretty well against the "stronger" regions (Sinton, Smithson Valley, Taft, Blanco all come to mind).

Good luck to you though!

marion_man
12-11-2001, 11:55 AM
I always here remarks about region 4 being weak. But like toby070 said, there are already 3 region 4 teams competing for the state championship. I also feel you'll see two more come next week with the additions of Sinton and LaGrange in the state title game mix. Don't forget Westlake and Austin Reagon too, they to are on their way to state

zztop
12-11-2001, 02:07 PM
what is up with the talk about region IV being 'weak'???
am i missing something here? what does 'weak' mean in this context?
oldbuff...you seem to know alot about this since you repeatedly feel the need to stress it. if you cant give us reasonings maybe you should play a new harp. it really is getting...old.
i know for a fact that region IV isnt weak. La Grange showed proof last year by winning state championships in BOTH football and baseball. and as i recall, there were 4 regions last year as well.
as far as this year goes, La Grange has potential to repeat in both sports.
so all this 'weak' talk really makes no sense to me unless someone makes valid points.
i understand that everyone has their sights on La Grange b/c we are the defending state champs, but please give your posts some credibility.
Go Leps!!!
zz

3aFootball4Life
12-11-2001, 02:43 PM
All that they are saying by saying that Regoin 4 is a weaker reagion is based on the teams in each region.

For Example..

These are some of the good teams in Region 3

Giddings
Newton
Rice Consolidated
Cameron
China Springs
Sealy

And These are some of the teams in region 4 which appear to be much weaker.

La Grange (possibly the exception)
Wimbereley (weak)
Llano (very Weak this year)
Falfurrias (weak)
Mathis (weak)
La Vernia (weak)

Now I am sure that Region 4 had some weak teams also like.

Groesbeck
Diboll
Woodville

But La Grange hasn't played any really strong teams in the playoffs and that could be a big advantage for Giddings.

But we will have to watch the game to see who is the weaker Region..

Giddings 35 La Grange 14

zztop
12-11-2001, 03:20 PM
thanks for your explanation 3afootballfan.
however, i would NOT classify wimberley as weak. they had a few quality wins under their belt and they could hang with most teams from region III you mentioned.
as far as La Grange is concerned, we did NOT just barely beat the teams we played so far in the playoffs. we DOMINATED every aspect of the games. just look at the stats AND scores...and our second-string saw plenty of playing time as well.
we are in the state semi finals. you can pretty much throw all the records out the door (yeah, even the one loss LG put on Giddings earlier in the year) b/c it now boils down to who has the most heart, drive, attitude, and determination. i dont believe Giddings has more of these than does La Grange. Experience and depth gives La Grange the edge in this one.
is it friday yet????
zz

oldbuff78
12-13-2001, 12:29 AM
WATCH HOW MANY REGION 3 TEAMS WIN THIS WEEKEND, THAN THAT WILL EXPLAIN MY REASONS.
BUT IS SURE LIKE THOSE SINTON PIRATES!!!

toby070
12-13-2001, 08:42 AM
Wimberley is not weak, dammit, they had a very good team this year.

I know there are a lot of weak Region IV teams, but couldn't that work to LaGrange's advantage? While Giddings has had three or four tough games, LaGrange has had one...they may be a lot fresher.

And again, look at some of the div 3 vs div 4 matchups so far: has region 3 beaten region 4 in any of the D1 games? Class 5A? SA Taft Class 4A Smithson Valley Class 3A Sinton Class 2A Blanco, I'm not sure about class A, but so far Region 4 is doing well.

oldbuff78
12-13-2001, 10:02 AM
no wimberly is a good team!
if the off coor had called some key plays in the 3 rd qtr, wimberly would be playing giddings this week!!