PDA

View Full Version : TABC Pre season basketball rankings

ctown81
10-23-2012, 07:25 AM
I have a feeling the 3A title game will be the least competitive in austin this year.

1.Houston Yates(34-6)

2.Argyle(32-8)

3.Lubbock Estacado(28-8)

4.San Antonio Houston(26-4)

5.Silsbee(28-8)

6.Liberty Hill(34-4)

7.Hardin-Jefferson(24-4)

8.Dallas Madison(21-9)

9.Abilene Wylie(26-9)

10.Kennedale(23-10)

11.Wichita Falls Hirschi(24-7)

12.Stephenville(19-11)

13.Houston Sterling(25-11)

14.Sealy(23-7)

15.Gainsville24-9)

16.Boerne(29-8)

17.Waco Connally(22-17)

18.Pleasant Grove(29-3)

19.Princeton(27-7)

20.Navasota(23-11)

21.West Oso(30-6)

22.Fairfield(24-9)

23.Spring Hill(26-7)

24.Smithville(20-12)

25.Brownsboro(27-8)

regaleagle
10-23-2012, 07:34 AM
Every now and then Dallas Madison comes out with a really talented team. I look for them to have one of those this year. Argyle probably won't get out of Region 2 this year.

ahs_indian_fan
10-23-2012, 08:10 AM
6 of the top 12 in Region I and they are all representing different districts ... going to be tough to get to Austin by way of Lubbock.

I have a feeling the 3A title game will be the least competitive in austin this year.

1.Houston Yates(34-6)

2.Argyle(32-8)

3.Lubbock Estacado(28-8)

4.San Antonio Houston(26-4)

5.Silsbee(28-8)

6.Liberty Hill(34-4)

7.Hardin-Jefferson(24-4)

8.Dallas Madison(21-9)

9.Abilene Wylie(26-9)

10.Kennedale(23-10)

11.Wichita Falls Hirschi(24-7)

12.Stephenville(19-11)

13.Houston Sterling(25-11)

14.Sealy(23-7)

15.Gainsville24-9)

16.Boerne(29-8)

17.Waco Connally(22-17)

18.Pleasant Grove(29-3)

19.Princeton(27-7)

20.Navasota(23-11)

21.West Oso(30-6)

22.Fairfield(24-9)

23.Spring Hill(26-7)

24.Smithville(20-12)

25.Brownsboro(27-8)

Stephenville should have there best team ever in basketball this season. We have done pretty good in Pre Season tournament play but have only half the team. Several of our top point leaders are in football and our leading rebounder. With the JV team moving up from last years almost perfect season we should be Salty.
We beat Wylie and Kennedale last year. And lost to Alvarillo. Go figure

ctown81
10-23-2012, 09:18 AM
Every now and then Dallas Madison comes out with a really talented team. I look for them to have one of those this year. Argyle probably won't get out of Region 2 this year.

How many do they have coming back?

franz
10-23-2012, 09:29 AM
6 of the top 12 in Region I and they are all representing different districts ... going to be tough to get to Austin by way of Lubbock.

Hirschi and Kennedale have alot of young talent coming back. Wylie's whole team is coming back. Stephenville will be solid. I am pretty sure most of Lubbock Estacado's experienced talent graduated although they will probably be good, but would not put them ahead of the others. Argyle was not the most athletic team last year and won it all. Hopefully it will be as good as the football playoffs are shaping up to be.

Matthew328
10-23-2012, 09:32 AM
I know Madison was pretty young...I think their two 6'9 guys were both juniors....their best guard IMO was a freshman

firstdown
10-23-2012, 10:39 AM
How many do they have coming back?

Argyle will be good. Lost 2 that were great players Clark Overlander and Andrew Resch. Remainder of the team that won state last year returns.

HEMOTOXIC
10-23-2012, 10:46 AM
Girls Preseason

1.Kennedale (30-7)
2. Navasota (30-8)
3. Krum (31-4)
4. West Oso (26-7)
5. Abilene Wylie (36-5)
6. Stephenville (19-17)
7. Hardin-Jefferson (28-6)
8. Frisco Lone Star (23-12)
9. Boerne (24-12)
10. Lubbock Cooper (28-8)
11. Liberty Eylau (29-5)
12. Celina (34-4)
13. Madisonville (26-10)
14. Diboll (22-7)
15. Perryton (26-6)
16. Princeton (26-9)
17. Shallowater (28-6)
18. Hidalgo (35-3)
19. Mexia (27-8)
20. Sealy (35-4)
21. Melissa (28-3)
22. Yoakum (30-4)
23. Fairfield (28-8)
24. Burnet (24-13)
25. Lyford (25-9)

franz
10-23-2012, 10:59 AM
Got a close look the last two years at Kennedale girls. They are going to be tough.

coach
10-23-2012, 01:02 PM
Got a close look the last two years at Kennedale girls. They are going to be tough.

Alwaysgood to see a Worley team ranked in the top 25.

Madison is bad as it gets I hope. I went to look at the school on internet and was shocked how bad it is. Poor kids.
Terrible grades its just sad how far behind these kids are. They need to shut down sports and focus on school.

regaleagle
10-23-2012, 09:58 PM
So what happens to Region 2 in basketball when Prime Prep finally gets approved??? I mean teams like Argyle, Madison, Hutch, Princeton, etc. can just forget it. And then the opponent at Austin in the semis can just forget it. It's such an unfair advantage it will ruin any legitimate opportunities for the rest of 3A period, except for MAYBE Yates.

So what happens to Region 2 in basketball when Prime Prep finally gets approved??? I mean teams like Argyle, Madison, Hutch, Princeton, etc. can just forget it. And then the opponent at Austin in the semis can just forget it. It's such an unfair advantage it will ruin any legitimate opportunities for the rest of 3A period, except for MAYBE Yates.

Prime Prep I think can play just not with the players they want from Grace Prep and other schools who dont live in that district.

rholl
10-24-2012, 12:29 AM
Ville when you say you beat kennedale and wylie but lost to Alvarado... You do realize Alvarado swept Kennedale last yr and played in regional finals right???

ccmom
10-24-2012, 06:35 AM
Ville when you say you beat kennedale and wylie but lost to Alvarado... You do realize Alvarado swept Kennedale last yr and played in regional finals right???

Alvarado had a great run, but I'm pretty sure they ended their season in the regional semis vs Estacado, not the finals. Still, a great season. I'm sure they will be ready to go again this season.

ahs_indian_fan
10-24-2012, 08:20 AM
Alvarado had a great run, but I'm pretty sure they ended their season in the regional semis vs Estacado, not the finals. Still, a great season. I'm sure they will be ready to go again this season.

Alvarado has the potential to be good again, but I'm not sure the Indians will have the team they had last year - lost big man and point guard. They do have X coming back and a couple other starters, but the big addition will be McNiel, who only played two or three games last year. Alvarado will always play good defense and if they can find a consistent outside scorer this year they will tough to beat.

msu97
10-24-2012, 08:32 AM
all this griping about Prime Prep and Yates recruits just as much... be ready for a bunch of blow outs for whoever plays them...

Sville
10-24-2012, 08:54 AM
all this griping about Prime Prep and Yates recruits just as much... be ready for a bunch of blow outs for whoever plays them...

I agree it is Yates and everyone else is playing for 2nd.

No I did not remember Alvarado in the Regional Semis. So if they were that good why are they not ranked in top 25?

ccmom
10-24-2012, 09:54 AM
No I did not remember Alvarado in the Regional Semis. So if they were that good why are they not ranked in top 25?

Why are you asking me??? LOL....I was just correcting the post that said Alv was in regional finals.

No one is going to beat Yates unless they are on fire. I never said we will win State in basketball but I think we give anyone a good game and go further than Stephenville has EVER gone before that I know of. If Yates run into injuries or grade problems with the bigs we can hang with them in guard play. We dont have the bigs most will be 6 2 to 6 4.

Sville
10-24-2012, 10:15 AM
No one is going to beat Yates unless they are on fire. I never said we will win State in basketball but I think we give anyone a good game and go further than Stephenville has EVER gone before that I know of. If Yates run into injuries or grade problems with the bigs we can hang with them in guard play. We dont have the bigs most will be 6 2 to 6 4.

If we go further than one round it will be the furthest as far as I know. I know we have only won district twice in our entire history, and been to the playoffs only a handful of times. As you know in 4A we always caught one of the good Fort Worth schools in round one.

Why are you asking me??? LOL....I was just correcting the post that said Alv was in regional finals.

Im just asking in general. Hey you guys have a damn good team and I have all the respect for Wylie. Didnt you guys play one of your playoff games in Stephenville last year.

slingshot
10-24-2012, 11:01 AM
Im just asking in general. Hey you guys have a damn good team and I have all the respect for Wylie. Didnt you guys play one of your playoff games in Stephenville last year.

Think so. We were very young last year and were pretty good. We have all 5 starters back (I think) this year... if they all stay healthy we should be salty.

rholl
10-24-2012, 12:58 PM
Sorry CC mom, misspoke about finals, wasnt meaning to mislead just didnt use correct terminolgy... As for the alvarado basketball team and being ranked.... Who knows??? Last yrs team was limited in nondistrict due to the long season of the football team.

mwrams
10-24-2012, 03:22 PM
Did the Ville say they could hang with Yates? I saw Yates play in Austin last year. No way does any Erath County HS get close to Jack Yates HS. Mineral Wells has made that trip to Austin in BB. It's a long road. We bring back several players from last years playoff team and we can't even get ranked. No respect.

Did the Ville say they could hang with Yates? I saw Yates play in Austin last year. No way does any Erath County HS get close to Jack Yates HS. Mineral Wells has made that trip to Austin in BB. It's a long road. We bring back several players from last years playoff team and we can't even get ranked. No respect.

Go read the post again. And Mineral Wells is not a good team not ever above average. Actually they are below average.

I said we have the guard play and not the bigs. And if anyone is going to beat Yates they have to be on fire. Yates can be beat and we just might be the one who does it. Damn sure gonna beat mineral Wells like a drum if we play once football is over. Now with that said during football season we will be average team

cougartino
10-24-2012, 05:51 PM

Exactly! Unless a scandal is uncovered, hand Yates the trophy. HISD is a beast in roundball.

franz
10-24-2012, 08:18 PM
I think Yates graduated all their good players. It is a magnet school for communications, you guys are not saying people go there for just basketball, thats just wrong. I found their website www.jackyateshoops.com Funny I could not find their school website. I predict Wylie will beat them when we play them.

ctown81
10-25-2012, 07:24 AM
That's a bold statement. I imagine they will be nationally ranked and once again play the best competition in the nation. Their goal is to be no. 1 in the nation every year not no. 1 in the state. Wylie can't hang.

Matthew328
10-25-2012, 07:28 AM
If Prime Prep somehow wins their appeal they'll be #1 if they lose it they'll probably still be top ten with the Thomas and Mickey since they were ruled eligible

franz
10-25-2012, 09:17 AM
That's a bold statement. I imagine they will be nationally ranked and once again play the best competition in the nation. Their goal is to be no. 1 in the nation every year not no. 1 in the state. Wylie can't hang.

That statement was more to get a rise out of the region I folks, but typically teams like yates do not play team basketball and they may have enough talent where they don't have to. Nobody posting is blind to their talent. But on those videos I see no defense being played. The style of play like Argyle last year can be very effective. I know Wylie will not start the season aiming for the #2 spot and several other teams won't either.

Dogs_21
10-25-2012, 10:39 AM
Last time I saw Jack Yates play they had a dang good defense plus that full court press will run you out the gym. They also do play team ball, so I don't know where that statement is coming from but I guess you have to actually see them play. They are returning some key players so they will still be a great team plus as we all know that they recruit. I just don't see anyone in 3A with the ability to knock them off to win State. You all will get to see the Lions in action this year soon or later, while your guys or still in football they been hooping all year long together

Matthew328
10-25-2012, 10:42 AM
I agree, Yates plays pretty good defense from the time I've seen them..its high risk high reward because its an all out 32 minutes of hell type defense that comes at you in waves....they will give up some easy baskets because of their style but they'll also turn you over like no other...

HEMOTOXIC
10-25-2012, 10:43 AM
Last time I saw Jack Yates play they had a dang good defense plus that full court press will run you out the gym. They also do play team ball, so I don't know where that statement is coming from but I guess you have to actually see them play. They are returning some key players so they will still be a great team plus as we all know that they recruit. I just don't see anyone in 3A with the ability to knock them off to win State. You all will get to see the Lions in action this year soon or later, while your guys or still in football they been hooping all year long together

I was thinking the exact same thing. It is very hard to be as good as the Lions have been without playing defense and without playing as a team. I've seen Jack Yates play as well, and you are right, that full court press that they run is a beast!

Sville
10-25-2012, 10:52 AM
I agree with Matt and Hemo. Yates is a different animal in round ball, I seriously doubt any of the teams in this thread would be able to stay within 20 of Yates.

I agree with Matt and Hemo. Yates is a different animal in round ball, I seriously doubt any of the teams in this thread would be able to stay within 20 of Yates.

I guarantee we can.

Saggy Aggie
10-25-2012, 11:27 AM
haha these guys are insane. Yates by at least 20 in every game, including playoffs.

Dogs_21
10-25-2012, 11:29 AM
I'm thinking the same thing as you Saggy Aggie! I'm thinking 30

Saggy Aggie
10-25-2012, 11:31 AM
I'm thinking the same thing as you Saggy Aggie! I'm thinking 30

I was gonna say 30, but im giving SOMEONE benefit of the doubt that they can stay within 30 of Yates, though i doubt it.

Their entire starting 5 could probably go D1.

Matthew328
10-25-2012, 11:36 AM
I think there's maybe 2-3 3A's that could stay within 20 based on what I know about Jack Yates...I am pretty sure they'll be young but they got kids ready to step in...that schedule they are playing is brutal and they'll be well seasoned come playoff time

HEMOTOXIC
10-25-2012, 11:41 AM
I guarantee we can.

:fnypost:

Sville
10-25-2012, 11:44 AM
I guarantee we can.

Come on now Ville, I know I drink the Koolaid but that is just being silly. They would Donkey Stomp us.

Come on now Ville, I know I drink the Koolaid but that is just being silly. They would Donkey Stomp us.

You gotta have faith in the kids. Just wait and see what happens. Stephenville is going to surprise people this season. Will we beat Yates probably not. Will they donky stomp us no way.

Dogs_21
10-25-2012, 12:24 PM
We shall see how it all plays out! Not trying to be mean but Stephenville wasn't even a force in 4A.

Matthew328
10-25-2012, 12:25 PM
hey if Stephenville ever played Yates it'd be a crazy season as is

Sville
10-25-2012, 12:48 PM
You gotta have faith in the kids. Just wait and see what happens. Stephenville is going to surprise people this season. Will we beat Yates probably not. Will they donky stomp us no way.

I fully believe we will have the most talented boys basketball team in Jacket history this year, but to even put us in the same league as a team like Yates is way premature at this point. And a little disrespectful to the type of BB program they have built down there, IMO. I just feel like we need to get there before we act like we belong. Let's just win district and make it past the first round to start. That would be a first for us.

I fully believe we will have the most talented boys basketball team in Jacket history this year, but to even put us in the same league as a team like Yates is way premature at this point. And a little disrespectful to the type of BB program they have built down there, IMO. I just feel like we need to get there before we act like we belong. Let's just win district and make it past the first round to start. That would be a first for us.

No no no. I didnt say that I said we dont get blown out by more than 20. I AGREE 100%
and by no means do I expect to beat Yates. I knew the day I saw Yates went 3A our chance was pretty much gone. We wont get our ass handed to us like Venus will this week in football.

Dogs_21
10-25-2012, 01:32 PM
Yates would laugh at Stephenville hands down! Give respect were it is due like honestly! Y'all are a great football team and everyone knows that but they are a Top team in the Nation in basketball I think they have earned their respect....I still say Yates would beat you all by 30 or more....Speed kills....that fundamental stuff ain't gon cut it with those kids.

Yates would laugh at Stephenville hands down! Give respect were it is due like honestly! Y'all are a great football team and everyone knows that but they are a Top team in the Nation in basketball I think they have earned their respect....I still say Yates would beat you all by 30 or more....Speed kills....that fundamental stuff ain't gon cut it with those kids.

Crack kills and we dont smoke it.