PDA

View Full Version : Region IV Week 8 GotW: La Grange(6-1) Vs. Giddings(6-1)

Pudlugger
10-20-2012, 06:44 AM
Okay let's get started. This is The Big Game for the Leps this year. All others pale in comparison. The Buffs have dominated the Leopards for 10 years. The last time we won was 2002. It seems each year with a couple of exceptions the Leps are either leading in these games or close and wind up losing by less than a td. This year may be different and the Leps can break the losing streak. However the Buffs are scalded from a big loss to Gonzales this week and will come into the game fighting mad. I have to go with the Leps in this one. Both teams have powerful offenses but the Lep defense is the difference. Leps by a td.

zebrablue2
10-20-2012, 07:07 AM
The Buff defense has been giving up a bunch the last few games. I say if the Lep offense plays turnover free football, they win this by 2 scores. If they turn it over 2-3 times, it will be another 1 point ballgame, which could go either way. I will go with the Leps by 14!!!

Gontex
10-20-2012, 08:35 AM
Okay let's get started. This is The Big Game for the Leps this year. All others pale in comparison. The Buffs have dominated the Leopards for 10 years. The last time we won was 2002. It seems each year with a couple of exceptions the Leps are either leading in these games or close and wind up losing by less than a td. This year may be different and the Leps can break the losing streak. However the Buffs are scalded from a big loss to Gonzales this week and will come into the game fighting mad. I have to go with the Leps in this one. Both teams have powerful offenses but the Lep defense is the difference. Leps by a td.

Topsy turvy District 26 3A gets even crazier. It will be a dog fight until the end this year. I think the Apaches proved the validity of their team last night against Giddings, but they will have to do it again against Yoakum. LG has been living on the edge. Both their one point wins came at home. Their first road test in district will be a good test for them. I don't think anyone in the district will go undefeated.

YTBulldogs
10-20-2012, 08:39 AM
This one I'll have to ponder a few days. Both great clubs, and don't know the HFA at Giddings just yet. Research time. But, it will be another D26 close classic either way.

Pudlugger
10-20-2012, 08:49 AM
Topsy turvy District 26 3A gets even crazier. It will be a dog fight until the end this year. I think the Apaches proved the validity of their team last night against Giddings, but they will have to do it again against Yoakum. LG has been living on the edge. Both their one point wins came at home. Their first road test in district will be a good test for them. I don't think anyone in the district will go undefeated.

HFA is not a big issue with Giddings. The Leps have been playing in our neighbor 20 miles up HWY 77 for a hundred years. Buff stadium is like a second home. Now they have a really nice new artificial turf field and renovated visitor stands. It is a good atmosphere there as about as many Lep fans show up there as they would in a home game. This will be play off atmosphere for sure.

Pudlugger
10-20-2012, 06:43 PM
Should we be concerned that Buff4ever and 1st and Goal have not been heard from in over 12 hours?:stirpot:

maybe an alien abduction?:eek:

gameface
10-20-2012, 11:56 PM
I said it in 2009 and will have to say it again: the drought is over! Should be a great battle on the plastic turf again as always but I think LG has the defensive edge to prevent double digit victory boasting from G-town folks. I think both teams have great athletic potential but LG will be ready with gameface on! I predict 2 interceptions by LG and a victory over Buffs by 10.:stirpot:

Pudlugger
10-21-2012, 07:22 AM
I said it in 2009 and will have to say it again: the drought is over! Should be a great battle on the plastic turf again as always but I think LG has the defensive edge to prevent double digit victory boasting from G-town folks. I think both teams have great athletic potential but LG will be ready with gameface on! I predict 2 interceptions by LG and a victory over Buffs by 10.:stirpot:

I sure hope you are right Gameface. It has been a decade since we last beat Giddings. It seems we come close only to let victory slip through our grasp. That has to be frustrating. Coach Kates, being new the community, may not appreciate the depth of frustration we here in Leopard country feel regarding this game. If he delivers a victory for the Leps next Friday he will have had a most successful coaching season no matter what transpires next. Beating Giddings has to be #1 on the Leps To do List for 2012. Go Leps!

YTBulldogs
10-21-2012, 07:51 AM
Pud, I think your Leps will be ok in this one. Not sure Giddings has the "D" to contain all your weapons.

YTBulldogs
10-21-2012, 08:41 AM
Giddings runs some nice screens. Almost as good as the master of screens, Wimberley. Hint LG, when the Buf's OL'ers let you in without contact, stop in your tracks, cause a nice middle screen is coming. GZ OL'ers totally dominated Giddings DL and LB'ers. Lock has that OL in tune. The Diesel and his trailer had massive running lanes. Giddings does have a nice offense.

Pudlugger
10-21-2012, 08:58 AM
The Leps will definitely need to defense the screen pass.

LGBooster
10-21-2012, 09:30 AM
If Coach Kates becomes ill and stays home, LG wins by 20. If Coach Kates is at the game calling plays, it's a tossup!!! IMO, he needs to let the kicker kick the ball down field (no more kicking out of bounds), put 2 people back on punt returns (don't put everyone on the line),get the offensive plays called in quicker and last but not least, let the quarterback thow the ball down field. Smithville was doing a good job of containing the run, yet, he continued to run the ball. Finally, he would pass and guess what, a long pass completion. Also, on 4th and short, why not try a QB sneek instead of handing the ball to a running back 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage? I feel LG is winning in spite of the coaching, not because of the coaching. I won't even get started on time management (poor use of timeouts).

YTBulldogs
10-21-2012, 09:35 AM
If Coach Kates becomes ill and stays home, LG wins by 20. If Coach Kates is at the game calling plays, it's a tossup!!! IMO, he needs to let the kicker kick the ball down field (no more kicking out of bounds), put 2 people back on punt returns (don't put everyone on the line),get the offensive plays called in quicker and last but not least, let the quarterback thow the ball down field. Smithville was doing a good job of containing the run, yet, he continued to run the ball. Finally, he would pass and guess what, a long pass completion. Also, on 4th and short, why not try a QB sneek instead of handing the ball to a running back 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage? I feel LG is winning in spite of the coaching, not because of the coaching. I won't even get started on time management (poor use of timeouts).

:eek:

Gone Fishing
10-21-2012, 10:42 AM

Wow, what is LG record?

swineflu
10-21-2012, 11:59 AM
....total ignorance.

Pudlugger
10-21-2012, 12:08 PM
LG is 6-1 losing first game to 4a Marble Falls. Coach Kates is doing a good job in most areas including fundamentals, play calling, and defensive strategy. His offense has born fruit this season with the balanced running/passing attack out of multiple formations making the defense work all that much harder. I think the reason he has not had a punt returner is the unfortunate number of fumbled punt receptions we've had. As for kickoffs he is trying to avoid the other teams advantages in speed. We have two or three players with 4.5 speed but some of the teams such as Gonzales and Smithville have that and more. We have not been scored upon with a return all season and I hope it stays that way. Frankly I am surprised given the tapes that opponents view that any team kicks it deep to us with Hutchison and Davis back to field deep balls. Now is not the time to get on our coach. I brought him up solely to make the point of the tradition and frustration the Lep fans have regarding the Giddings game. It is more than for the district championship and unbeaten district record...it is all about community pride and the competetive spirit. Go Leps Beat Giddings!:clap:

YTBulldogs
10-21-2012, 12:46 PM
Maybe someone's kin folk ain't playing? Odd seeing this type of posting from LGBooster, at this time.

Pudlugger
10-21-2012, 01:17 PM
Maybe someone's kin folk ain't playing? Odd seeing this type of posting from LGBooster, at this time.

I'm sorry to see this sort of criticism on the board from a Lep fan. Sure some things seem to be in need of correction from the fans perspective but fans don't know the inside baseball issues that coaches know and second guessing them is often unfair. We are winning now and Coach Kates and his crew have built a very good quality program in just a little over two and a half seasons. We have a new offense that is firing on all cylinders, a strong defense, and a team with a positive attitude and morale. Okay I'd like to see a punt returner and in fact we have seen one in #9 Tezeno who has the best hands on the team so that is not an issue. Our kickoffs need some work and I'm confident that will happen. I am not alone in thinking that this team of players and coaches have the talent and chemistry to go very deep in the playoffs this year. Let's stay focused on the positives and back our team. Go Leps!

YTBulldogs
10-21-2012, 04:18 PM
Should we be concerned that Buff4ever and 1st and Goal have not been heard from in over 12 hours?:stirpot:

Hey, I am getting concerned now.

Pudlugger
10-21-2012, 05:32 PM
Hey, I am getting concerned now.

Maybe a Silver Alert?

1st and goal
10-21-2012, 07:47 PM

No abduction, still licking my chops and bruises.

GZ had a great gameplan and the weapons to use it. This was the 1st game the Buffs had to face multiple turnovers. Can't afford those against a great opponent.

YTBulldogs
10-21-2012, 08:26 PM
No abduction, still licking my chops and bruises.

GZ had a great gameplan

The old Diesel game plan I see. 36 carries, 256 yds and 5 TD's. Right, left and up the middle. More he runs, the stronger he seems to get. Amazing athlete, huh?.

hookandladder
10-21-2012, 08:28 PM
Wow, what is LG record?

La Grange is in overall good shape, everyone has their own opinion. Coaches are doing a great job with our kids, all armchair coaches including myself see things different at times however you must beleive in your coaches and our kids definitely do. Nuff said, back the Leps.

1st and goal
10-21-2012, 08:42 PM
FWIW, GZ will overload 1 side of the line or the other, and run behind it. Diesel was quite good at following his blockers and the blockers were quite good. Plus, they'd mix it up and run to the weakside too.

YTBulldogs
10-21-2012, 08:56 PM
FWIW, GZ will overload 1 side of the line or the other, and run behind it. Diesel was quite good at following his blockers and the blockers were quite good. Plus, they'd mix it up and run to the weakside too.

Yes, know first hand their style. We felt it last year big time.:ack!: Pounded us, then pounded us some more. Like ya'lls game I seen yesterday on video. Buff's will bounce back and be ready to welcome the Leps.

Pudlugger
10-21-2012, 10:12 PM
One thing stands out in my mind about the Smithville game. When the score was 20-14 at the end of the 3rd quarter the Leps stopped the Tigers at the 2 yard line with a classic goal line stand. That was the turning point in the game. The Lep defense held SV scoreless in the 2nd half against a powerful running game. Going into Giddings knowing our defense is up to the task is very reassuring. They have come through the gauntlet and are battle hardened just in time for The Big Game.

LiftingLep
10-22-2012, 12:09 AM

Who brought this guy?

I'm guessing one of the following...
1:son didn't play
2:watchs a lot of ESPN
3:hater
4:all the above

Anyways... PO'ed I'm going to miss this one due to prior obligations. Will Definately be keeping up with the scores though. I called LG vs. SV A 5 point game and that ended up as another one pointer for the Leps, so with that I think it'll be a one possession game due to the whole rivalry factor and Giddings prior beating that will surely have them fired up and wanting to prove their worth. I think the run game in LG hit a little slump in the middle portion of the game but picked up again later. I think that if the Leps can keep the run consistent and maybe possibly kinda sorta throw it up a few more times they can really control the clock and therefore the game. I also heard that Giddings RB has been out lately with injury, idk if its just small town gossip or if anyone can verify that??

YTBulldogs
10-22-2012, 12:25 AM
Giddings "D" appears their issue. Gave a lot of points to teams they should of controlled. (IE: Columbus 40 and Caldwell 22) I like their offense though. If a back is hurting, that could be a factor. LG is the real deal and has the quality depth. Enough of the one pointers for them. LaGrange get's a complete game and win's, 50-21.

Pudlugger
10-22-2012, 05:55 AM
Giddings "D" appears their issue. Gave a lot of points to teams they should of controlled. (IE: Columbus 40 and Caldwell 22) I like their offense though. If a back is hurting, that could be a factor. LG is the real deal and has the quality depth. Enough of the one pointers for them. LaGrange get's a complete game and win's, 50-21.

:1omg!: Man I like your optimism YT!

LGfrog tough one to lose in triple overtime Saturday but the Frogs will rebound. Sorry you can't make the game. Hope we bring home the bacon this year finally. We certainly have everything we need to get the job done just need to execute. The chemistry is right for a Lep win.

The SV score is tainted as their final td was a gift by the refs when they initially called the receiver out of bounds and turned the ball over to the Leps then just before the Leps lined up the head ref reversed the call and awarded a td to SV! Take that away and the Leps held SV scoreless from the start of the 2nd quarter on. I haven't seen the stats but they probably reflect a one possession win.

Our running game was slowed in the 3rd quarter while #3 Filmore was out with a bruised knee. He came back in the 4th and was a big part of the final drive to win the game. The winning td came on a beautiful play action pass with Vinklarek rolling out to the right and finding Tezeno alone in the EZ for a 30 yard td pass.

1st and goal
10-22-2012, 08:02 AM

Time will tell.

buff4ever
10-22-2012, 09:14 AM
I am okay as well. Had a busy weekend. Would have helped if the Aggies would have pulled it out. Oh well.

The Buffs are fine, Gonzales played a great game. They got after us. It isn't like our guys game in flat or anything, it just wasn't our night. A few plays make this game a lot different, our two turnovers that deflected off of our guys hands and into theirs, those are tough to overcome especially when we were driving to score on both of these turnovers. Gonzales didn't often stop our offense any better than we we stopped theirs, we were just a little off and stopped ourselfs with things like these turnovers that could have been caught and turned into points. It doesn't help when we make them turn the ball over twice as well, just to be denied by the officials on the interception and strip. There are no excuses, because it was clearly our night to be a little off. Congrats apaches. (Sorry I posted this on this thread, just didn't want to look for other thread)

For this week, I think that LG should be a little worried that we got our off offensively game out of our way, and may be a little fired up to get back on track this week. They also have the haven't beat the buffs in a decade thing in the back of their head. Does that fire them up to get a win, or does it create a mental obstacle for them if they get behind early. LG also is not playing at home, which I think has helped them to pull out the last 2 very tight ball games. Yes we played gonzales in gonzales on a off night for us and fought turnovers and overturned turnovers that would have made a difference and it was still a 3 point game in the middle of the third and still in striking distance in the majority of the 4th. LG squeaked it out at home. This is going to be a great match up. But I truly feel that if Giddings gets back on track that LG will be facing the most talented offense they have faced. LG is good, no doubt, but they may experience this district's diversity this week.

YTBulldogs
10-22-2012, 09:48 AM
Yes we played gonzales in gonzales on a off night for us and fought turnovers and overturned turnovers that would have made a difference

Could of been worse too, had GZ not given you a TD :03 into the game on the opening KO. I like your "O", but---the "D" appears the Buff's weak link in my viewing of that game. Concur? It was pounded, and I know that feeling first hand from last year's drumming by the Apaches over there. You know "The Diesel" is coming, yet, can't stop it.

underthetepee
10-22-2012, 09:50 AM
GZ -384 yds on Offense
Giddings-202 yds on Offense..
Plus GZ spotted the Buffs 7 points fumbling the opening KO in the endzone.
After watching the Game, I think GZ deserves a little more credit for Giddings having an off night..
I am okay as well. Had a busy weekend. Would have helped if the Aggies would have pulled it out. Oh well.

The Buffs are fine, Gonzales played a great game. They got after us. It isn't like our guys game in flat or anything, it just wasn't our night. A few plays make this game a lot different, our two turnovers that deflected off of our guys hands and into theirs, those are tough to overcome especially when we were driving to score on both of these turnovers. Gonzales didn't often stop our offense any better than we we stopped theirs, we were just a little off and stopped ourselfs with things like these turnovers that could have been caught and turned into points. It doesn't help when we make them turn the ball over twice as well, just to be denied by the officials on the interception and strip. There are no excuses, because it was clearly our night to be a little off. Congrats apaches. (Sorry I posted this on this thread, just didn't want to look for other thread)

For this week, I think that LG should be a little worried that we got our off offensively game out of our way, and may be a little fired up to get back on track this week. They also have the haven't beat the buffs in a decade thing in the back of their head. Does that fire them up to get a win, or does it create a mental obstacle for them if they get behind early. LG also is not playing at home, which I think has helped them to pull out the last 2 very tight ball games. Yes we played gonzales in gonzales on a off night for us and fought turnovers and overturned turnovers that would have made a difference and it was still a 3 point game in the middle of the third and still in striking distance in the majority of the 4th. LG squeaked it out at home. This is going to be a great match up. But I truly feel that if Giddings gets back on track that LG will be facing the most talented offense they have faced. LG is good, no doubt, but they may experience this district's diversity this week.

Pudlugger
10-22-2012, 10:05 AM
I agree 'Tpee GZ dominated if you consider the stats. As for Buff4evers assessment of LG just getting by at home, well a win is a win. The Leps have faced some good offenses in MF Gonzales and Smithville. MF quarterback broke the all time Texas passing record this year against Boerne Champion. Our offense was held to 21 points by what I feel is the best defense in D26 Smithville. Giddings will not field as stiff a defense and our offense will put up some good numbers against them. It will come down to how well our defense holds down the Buffs big scoring machine. Like the Apaches they will get their points but hopefully not enough to win. As most of the recent games between these two teams it will come down to the wire.

Ville-D
10-22-2012, 10:13 AM
Giddings by 21. Could be more.

LGfrog
10-22-2012, 12:30 PM
It's going to rain this year cause the drought is over!!

1st and goal
10-22-2012, 01:05 PM

This game with Lagrange will be another where whoever scores last may win the game.

And IMO, while we are predicting things, I predict by November 9th, Yoakum will be 2-3 or 3-2 in district. There won't be any easy wins (or losses), but its just my prediction. No hate. Just my thinking. May be wrong, but time will tell. Glad y'all are in our district.

buff4ever
10-22-2012, 01:55 PM
what do you leps say, a little meet and greet at murphy's steakhouse and have a few drinks at the bar before the game?

buff4ever
10-22-2012, 01:57 PM
what do you leps say, a little meet and greet at murphy's steakhouse and have a few drinks at the bar before the game?

I figure it will help you deal with #11 in a row:stirpot::wave:

YTBulldogs
10-22-2012, 02:09 PM
This game with Lagrange will be another where whoever scores last may win the game.

And IMO, while we are predicting things, I predict by November 9th, Yoakum will be 2-3 or 3-2 in district. There won't be any easy wins (or losses), but its just my prediction. No hate. Just my thinking. May be wrong, but time will tell. Glad y'all are in our district.

Yes, it's an honor to be in D26. No gimme's in this bad boy. Take a Friday off, and like I said, it's a "L". Teams coming out of this district, will be playoff ready after the district games each week we've all endured. Good luck.

Manso/V8
10-22-2012, 02:25 PM
Is the poll for who wins the game or who wins the fight that for sure will break out?

buff4ever
10-22-2012, 02:35 PM
Is the poll for who wins the game or who wins the fight that for sure will break out?

You must think you are on a different thread manso, bit o rivalry here, but no fighting expected.

1st and goal
10-22-2012, 04:03 PM

That's for the Sealy / Bellville game...

txsportswriter
10-22-2012, 04:46 PM
I just don't see Giddings losing two in a row. Sometimes a loss helps an undefeated team reclaim its focus IMO. I think Buffs jump out to a big early lead and hold on for a 31-25 victory.

hookandladder
10-22-2012, 05:44 PM

Our meet and greet starts at 5:30 Friday at the visitors entrance at the field, Motorhomes will be setup for our Tailgate. All away games we Tailgate at the field, cooking and getting ready for the game. Come on by, It's all good.

hookandladder
10-22-2012, 05:56 PM
I definitely see us as being the underdog in this game even though we are 2-0 in District, we have not beat Giddings in 9 years (Quoted in our Paper) at their place. Our defense has played really well our last two games, our offense is just not clicking as well as what we are capable of which some is part of us playing better teams and the other is just turnovers and key penaties. For us to win this game we will need a total effort on both sides of the ball, I definitely feel better going in undefeated in District then at 1-1. A win would be great however everyone knows going undefeated in District will be almost impossible, all you can do is play your best and I am sure our players will be ready for the task. Looking forward to another great game, Injury free.

Roughneck93
10-22-2012, 08:01 PM
LG by 6.

Yoe_09
10-22-2012, 09:30 PM
La Grange(6-1)
L 56-36 to Marble Falls
W 46-7 over Columbus
W 48-0 over Royal
W 47-0 over Needville
W 34-9 over Canyon Lake
W 35-34 over Gonzales
W 21-20 over Smithville

Vs.

Giddings(6-1)
W 32-29 over Liberty Hill
W 31-26 over Wimberley
W 21-14 over Bellville
W 55-40 over Columbus
W 42-22 over Caldwell
W 41-28 over Cuero
L 43-23 to Gonzales

Thoughts & Predictions?

buff4ever
10-23-2012, 08:08 AM
I definitely see us as being the underdog in this game even though we are 2-0 in District, we have not beat Giddings in 9 years (Quoted in our Paper) at their place. Our defense has played really well our last two games, our offense is just not clicking as well as what we are capable of which some is part of us playing better teams and the other is just turnovers and key penaties. For us to win this game we will need a total effort on both sides of the ball, I definitely feel better going in undefeated in District then at 1-1. A win would be great however everyone knows going undefeated in District will be almost impossible, all you can do is play your best and I am sure our players will be ready for the task. Looking forward to another great game, Injury free.

It has been 10 in a row, Coach Ivey was here while you guys were really good and making your state runs, he couldn't quite beat you guys. Lots of good games, like the last few years but couldn't beat you. You beat us in the semi final game his last year here, and we had kinda dominated that whole game. Then there was Odel for a year, and well that was ugly enough for Giddings. So you guys won 4 or 5 in a row. You never beat us while Fitz was here for 9 seasons, then Jones's team beat you last year in LG. That makes 10, hopefully we can make it 11 this Friday with a bounce back victory. Like sportsreporter said, that loss will sometimes help you to refocus a little better.

Pudlugger
10-23-2012, 09:02 AM
Yep you are correct 10 years. My son was the starting right tackle on the o line that year as a junior. He's 26 now! We are in real need of a win to break the drought and I think that trumps any bounce back momentum for the Buffs. This game is a high pressure affair for both teams. After all the 2012 Buffs don't want to be the team that broke the streak. It will be the big game for us. Definitely playoff atmosphere.

buff4ever
10-23-2012, 09:54 AM
can we merge the other thread with this one....

Buffs win, Buffs win, then Gonzales beats Yoakum, and the three way tie after 3 appears.

buff4ever
10-23-2012, 10:15 AM
Yep you are correct 10 years. My son was the starting right tackle on the o line that year as a junior. He's 26 now! We are in real need of a win to break the drought and I think that trumps any bounce back momentum for the Buffs. This game is a high pressure affair for both teams. After all the 2012 Buffs don't want to be the team that broke the streak. It will be the big game for us. Definitely playoff atmosphere.

It's funny, I hear people from Giddings and La Grange say this isn't much of a rivalry, but I think it is atleast in the last 15 years. It has been one of streaks, 5 and 10, maybe that is what makes it so intense. Both sides take game much more serious b/c of the streaks.

LHPfactory
10-23-2012, 10:21 AM
Im sure that Giddings has got there riding high reality check and will be very focused this week. The leps will go to 6-2 after this one.

hookandladder
10-23-2012, 03:19 PM
Im sure that Giddings has got there riding high reality check and will be very focused this week. The leps will go to 6-2 after this one.

Maybe the so called good teams that they ( Giddings) beat ( LH, Wimberley) are really not that good, LH just got spanked by a rebuilding Brownwood team and Wimberley well they really have not done much this year other then beat some teams that are not very good and barely slide by. Just a little stirring of the pot.

buff4ever
10-23-2012, 03:34 PM
Maybe the so called good teams that they ( Giddings) beat ( LH, Wimberley) are really not that good, LH just got spanked by a rebuilding Brownwood team and Wimberley well they really have not done much this year other then beat some teams that are not very good and barely slide by. Just a little stirring of the pot.

Good one Hook, we look forward to adding you to the list as well. The yoakum guys will be saying well Giddings' game against LG doesn't mean anything b/c they hadn't played anyone except Gonzales and they got lucky that gonzales fumbled on the 2 yard line.:stirpot:

hookandladder
10-23-2012, 03:43 PM
I have lived in La Grange for almost 18 years and yes like most would love to beat Giddings this year however a wise man once told me to always look at the bigger picture, so if you look at the big picture this game is one game. In 2009 we lost to Giddings , we make it to the Semi- finals and Giddings pretty sure lost first round. As long as you make the playoffs remember it is not have you arrive , it is how you finish and I am pretty sure we have a couple State Championships to boot. If you want to talk about who has more pressure to win this game there is no doubt it is on Giddings, a lost on Friday and their playoff hopes would be in doubt. Smithville and Yoakum will give everyone a run for their money when it is all said and done and Giddings still has to play both, all playoff spots are still up for grabs.

hookandladder
10-23-2012, 03:49 PM
Our defense caused that fumble on the 2 yardline just so you know, most people think we are not a very good team so maybe we are just like LH and Wimberley. Then you still have not beaten any good teams but you did lose to Gonzales, where does GZ fit into your teams. Weak or Good, just curious.

buff4ever
10-23-2012, 04:07 PM
Our defense caused that fumble on the 2 yardline just so you know, most people think we are not a very good team so maybe we are just like LH and Wimberley. Then you still have not beaten any good teams but you did lose to Gonzales, where does GZ fit into your teams. Weak or Good, just curious.

I would say offensively best ground team we have faced, LH was very good though, just not as athletic as Cecil. Passing wise not the best we have faced. Defensively they were ok, not the best that we have faced but not the worst. Their secondary had good athletes, but they didn't make a play on either interception, we tip drilled it to them on catchable balls. They will likely win out rest of district if their running back can stop himself from getting in trouble again. It is a game of match ups, but I would say that LH and Wimberley could beat Gonzales. Gonzales could beat them maybe as well. Wimberley would have trouble stopping Gonzales running game or shall we say running back.

hookandladder
10-23-2012, 04:26 PM
I would say offensively best ground team we have faced, LH was very good though, just not as athletic as Cecil. Passing wise not the best we have faced. Defensively they were ok, not the best that we have faced but not the worst. Their secondary had good athletes, but they didn't make a play on either interception, we tip drilled it to them on catchable balls. They will likely win out rest of district if their running back can stop himself from getting in trouble again. It is a game of match ups, but I would say that LH and Wimberley could beat Gonzales. Gonzales could beat them maybe as well. Wimberley would have trouble stopping Gonzales running game or shall we say running back.

With the teams that Wimberley has struggled to beat this year , you sure are high on them. I guess maybe down the road I will get to see them play however just do not see them being anywhere near what they were last year, like you said matchups are what make games interesting.

Pudlugger
10-23-2012, 06:48 PM
Oh well I guess we still have to play the game. Some say we'll win some say we'll lose but until Friday around 10:30 we wont know. Giddings will be the Big Game for the Leps all others are just frosting on the cake. Giddings is very good so no use thinking otherwise. They will be our biggest challenge and beating them our greatest accomplishment.

underthetepee
10-23-2012, 07:05 PM
We fumbled on the 2 yardline and NO ONE on defense caused the fumble.. The Back wasn't even touched..We lost but your defense DidNot cause that fumble. Just being honest. Watch the film! On another note, LG will beat Giddings.The Buff defense gives up a lot of points and LG defense is pretty good!

hookandladder
10-23-2012, 07:25 PM
We fumbled on the 2 yardline and NO ONE on defense caused the fumble.. The Back wasn't even touched..We lost but your defense DidNot cause that fumble. Just being honest. Watch the film! On another note, LG will beat Giddings.The Buff defense gives up a lot of points and LG defense is pretty good!

Trust me , I watched that play on Hudl 10 times. Our DE shot the gap which blow up the blocker and caused the RB to fumble the handoff, if you would like to meet so we can watch it together name the time and place. First cold one on me, I still cannot figuire out why you guys did not just snap it directly to #12. Go figuire.

underthetepee
10-23-2012, 08:51 PM
wrong, I saw the endzone copy. Ball never gets in 21'spocket. I'll bet 12 gets it from here on out
Trust me , I watched that play on Hudl 10 times. Our DE shot the gap which blow up the blocker and caused the RB to fumble the handoff, if you would like to meet so we can watch it together name the time and place. First cold one on me, I still cannot figuire out why you guys did not just snap it directly to #12. Go figuire.

Pudlugger
10-23-2012, 10:23 PM

'TPee I saw the play clearly and our defensive end blew up the hand off causing the fumble. Why does it matter so much anyway? A fumble whether forced or not is a fault especially on the 2 yard line. Gonzales did not deserve to win if they gave up the ball for whatever reason down 35-34 with less than a minute left on the LG 2 yard line. Game over man. :smoker:Move on. Good luck against Yoakum they are tough and will not quit.:bigcry:

hookandladder
10-24-2012, 06:15 AM
wrong, I saw the endzone copy. Ball never gets in 21'spocket. I'll bet 12 gets it from here on out

Unless you have access to our Hudl you saw from behind your offense, our Hudl shows behind our defense and you can clearly see what happened on that play. I love it where most people think that one play lost the game for you guys, no one talking about the two gift Td's that we spotted you guys in the first haf. I take nothing away from your team however I still feel the best team won on that night, other then two long runs by #12 we kept him in check all night. Not many teams can say that, You guy's need to start trying to find a way to beat El Campo in the first round which will be a very tough job to do. Good Luck to you guys the rest of the season.

SpursFan2012
10-24-2012, 07:29 AM
GIDDINGS STADIUM

I personally think it is tacky how Giddings shoots off fireworks behind the visitors stands! They could at least do it from one of the end zones! And is it me or is the lighting very poor on the field? Felt like we were half in the dark!

Pudlugger
10-24-2012, 07:42 AM
Hopefully the La Grange defense will give them few opportunities for their fireworks.:stirpot:

gameface
10-24-2012, 08:02 AM
Leopards are ready and gonna bring our own display of fireworks! Should be a great game with two fine teams, however, LG defense should prevail despite threat of talented Glenn RB and win streak. LG has GAMEFACE ON!

buff4ever
10-24-2012, 08:23 AM
Leopards are ready and gonna bring our own display of fireworks! Should be a great game with two fine teams, however, LG defense should prevail despite threat of talented Glenn RB and win streak. LG has GAMEFACE ON!

Unfortunately for you guys, you mention glenn, but there are several other talented players that you can't catch if you give them a step. Can't wait for this game, it is going to be a good one.

Pudlugger
10-24-2012, 09:07 AM
Unfortunately for you guys, you mention glenn, but there are several other talented players that you can't catch if you give them a step. Can't wait for this game, it is going to be a good one.

In the past few years Giddings has had faster teams than us but this year might surprise you. We have some speed on both offense and defense so that might make the game all the more interesting.

hookandladder
10-24-2012, 02:28 PM

Speaking of Glenn, did I see correct that GZ held him to 66 yards. Also the stats I saw had your team with a total of just over 200 yards for the game with GZ, were those stats correct. I know back in the day with old Fritz at Giddings you could never beleive his team stats, just curious if your stats with GZ were the same as reported on another thread.

YTBulldogs
10-24-2012, 03:17 PM
Stat's I posted were submitted by GZ to mysa.com

I'm sure they are not totally accurate, but pretty close.

underthetepee
10-24-2012, 03:23 PM
We gave you guys 2 gift TD's also and fumbled on your 2 yardline..Your welcome!! First time I have heard anyone say that someone had 236 yards rushing and they held them in check.LOL!! Good luck vs Giddings and the rest of the way>>
Unless you have access to our Hudl you saw from behind your offense, our Hudl shows behind our defense and you can clearly see what happened on that play. I love it where most people think that one play lost the game for you guys, no one talking about the two gift Td's that we spotted you guys in the first haf. I take nothing away from your team however I still feel the best team won on that night, other then two long runs by #12 we kept him in check all night. Not many teams can say that, You guy's need to start trying to find a way to beat El Campo in the first round which will be a very tough job to do. Good Luck to you guys the rest of the season.

hookandladder
10-24-2012, 03:53 PM
We gave you guys 2 gift TD's also and fumbled on your 2 yardline..Your welcome!! First time I have heard anyone say that someone had 236 yards rushing and they held them in check.LOL!! Good luck vs Giddings and the rest of the way>>

With two runs of 65, 67 yards of the 236 total yards for how many carries. You do the math, 100 yards the rest of the night. I say that is a pretty good job and also comes with a W, we will take it and so would have you . In check, Yes.

Pudlugger
10-24-2012, 05:43 PM

I know it is hard to accept but La Grange beat Gonzales. Time to heal and move on.:kiss:

underthetepee
10-24-2012, 07:00 PM
Pud, y'all have a good team. But I just disagreed with a few statements hook made so I chose to comment on them.Thought I had that right..Oh well--We moved on to Giddings and recovered well vs the Buffs. Good luck the rest of the way!
I know it is hard to accept but La Grange beat Gonzales. Time to heal and move on.:kiss:

zebrablue2
10-24-2012, 09:12 PM
GIDDINGS STADIUM

I personally think it is tacky how Giddings shoots off fireworks behind the visitors stands! They could at least do it from one of the end zones! And is it me or is the lighting very poor on the field? Felt like we were half in the dark!

Fireworks would not work on either of the end zones. The lighting could use an upgrade!!!

1st and goal
10-25-2012, 08:09 AM
Weather forecast, cool and blustery. That is all.

1st and goal
10-25-2012, 08:10 AM
Oh yeah, and I think we get it done.

LattiCat21
10-25-2012, 12:45 PM
I watched Gidding squeek by LH in a thriller week one... Although I don't know anything about LG, If Giddings has gotten better every week, I don't see them losing... Giddings by a TD

BTW, who are Giddings and LG only losses?

Pudlugger
10-25-2012, 12:52 PM
I watched Gidding squeek by LH in a thriller week one... Although I don't know anything about LG, If Giddings has gotten better every week, I don't see them losing... Giddings by a TD

BTW, who are Giddings and LG only losses?

Giddings lost last week to Gonzales 43-23
La Grange lost in week 0 to Marble Falls 4a 56-36
La Grange beat Gonzales in week 7 35-34

It will be a very exciting game.

LattiCat21
10-25-2012, 02:05 PM
Giddings lost last week to Gonzales 43-23
La Grange lost in week 0 to Marble Falls 4a 56-36
La Grange beat Gonzales in week 7 35-34

It will be a very exciting game.

Should be a great game to watch. Good luck to both teams!

refereedoc
10-25-2012, 02:12 PM
Giddings by 21. Could be more.

La Grange by 70.

Pudlugger
10-25-2012, 03:33 PM
La Grange by 70.

OK that there is funny. :spitlol:

OK that there is funny. :spitlol:

A little voice said 35-21 La Grange

Pudlugger
10-25-2012, 05:16 PM
A little voice said 35-21 La Grange

:cheerl::clap::2thumbsup

29-3aFAN
10-25-2012, 05:19 PM
Giddings by 28

1st and goal
10-25-2012, 09:15 PM
La Grange by 70.

Not sure what you've been smoking, but I'll bet it's illegal down here.

1st and goal
10-25-2012, 09:20 PM
I saw a halftime score (at 6:00 pm) of Buffs winning 16-0 for one of the sub varsity games.

buff4ever
10-26-2012, 01:04 AM
The buff freshman and jv won. Freshman won big-time and the jv pulled away at the end for a convincing win as well. Someone told me the 7 th grads won, so if the 8th won, I am looking for a 5 game sweep.

Pudlugger
10-26-2012, 06:38 AM
Sorry Buff no sweep for you!:D

buff4ever
10-26-2012, 08:35 AM
Sorry Buff no sweep for you!:D

What are you telling me that our 8th grade got beat, I don't think so. :D

1st and goal
10-26-2012, 11:34 AM
Weather says 15-18 mph winds from the north, at about 52 degrees

Might be a ground game, or maybe some interceptions???

buff4ever
10-26-2012, 11:41 AM
That is just good ol football weather, I can't wait.

Cam
10-26-2012, 12:44 PM
That is just good ol football weather, I can't wait.

There's buff again!....lurking in every thread!

hookandladder
10-26-2012, 12:56 PM
Weather says 15-18 mph winds from the north, at about 52 degrees

Might be a ground game, or maybe some interceptions???

I will be willing to bet LG will be run first, the ground game is what keeps the Spread teams offense off the field. Ground and Pound it out, turnovers will most likely tell the story of who wins this game. We have been forunate the last couple of weeks to overcome our turnovers, cannot let that happen again tonight exspecailly on the road.

buff4ever
10-26-2012, 01:32 PM
There's buff again!....lurking in every thread!

Hey Cam, what are you doing on a Buffalo/Leopard thread? We don't have anything to do with the bulldogs getting beat by the panthers. :D

29-3aFAN
10-26-2012, 02:23 PM
Giddings by 28 Will be a tossup.

LGfrog
10-26-2012, 09:26 PM
Giddings fans empty the stands lol

Pudlugger
10-26-2012, 10:46 PM
La Grange 31
Giddings 0
Final

Ten Year Drought officially over!:clap::clap::clap:

regaleagle
10-26-2012, 10:53 PM
Congrats to the La Grange Leopards on a whippersnapper of a great win tonite!

LiftingLep
10-26-2012, 10:54 PM
I guess that's how you stop winning by one. I think LG made a statement

Sville
10-26-2012, 10:55 PM
Very impressive win for the Leps!

Roughneck93
10-26-2012, 10:59 PM
La Grange 31
Giddings 0
Final

Ten Year Drought officially over!:clap::clap::clap:

Congrats LG!

hookandladder
10-26-2012, 11:37 PM
I was sitting in the stand at the end of the 3rd quarter thinking of what I was going to say to Buff4ever and thought better of it, the Giddings fans were slim to start with and empty at the end of of the 3rd quarter. All you can say is that was one Woop Ass kicking, total dominance from start to finish. How in the world can they be ranked in the top 10, someone is not looking at the big picture. Great win Leps, As expected.

hookandladder
10-26-2012, 11:41 PM

I hate to quote my own but with LH losing to Burnet tonight I think this has been answered tonight, Nuff said.

Pudlugger
10-26-2012, 11:58 PM
I would agree with you on LH hook but it looks to me like Wimberley is picking it up a bit now. Nevertheless Giddings was a soft Top Ten team with a suspect defense as Gonzales and La Grange have proven these past two weeks. What is the news here is that the Leopards are a better team than most folks thought going into tonight's game. Two wins by 1 point can be explained away as luck or just a fluke. Beating giddings 31-0 speaks for itself. The Leps played an almost perfect game tonight. Our offense kept the Buffs on their heals all night. The defense was tenacious and unforgiving. I think the Buffs were really in shock by the middle of the first quarter. These Leps are really exceptional and I see a long play off run for them this year. On to Yoakum at home next week. Go Leps!

Gobblerfan
10-27-2012, 08:01 AM
Awesome win LG!!! Thanks for the great food and fun hookandladder!

gameface
10-27-2012, 08:05 AM
Historic shutout! No double digit win streak at plastic pasture! Leps have GAMEFACE ON!!!!

Pudlugger
10-27-2012, 08:10 AM
Buff4ever step back from the ledge pal we all love you here and it is just a game.;)

1st and goal
10-27-2012, 09:28 AM
I would agree with you on LH hook but it looks to me like Wimberley is picking it up a bit now. Nevertheless Giddings was a soft Top Ten team with a suspect defense as Gonzales and La Grange have proven these past two weeks. What is the news here is that the Leopards are a better team than most folks thought going into tonight's game. Two wins by 1 point can be explained away as luck or just a fluke. Beating giddings 31-0 speaks for itself. The Leps played an almost perfect game tonight. Our offense kept the Buffs on their heals all night. The defense was tenacious and unforgiving. I think the Buffs were really in shock by the middle of the first quarter. These Leps are really exceptional and I see a long play off run for them this year. On to Yoakum at home next week. Go Leps!

This.

Leps had a great game plan and executed on O and D. Congrats to you guys! I will root for you the rest of the way (unless we meet in the playoffs). At this point, I'm thinking Giddings might be the team that stays home for the playoffs.

We just came out flat, hung our heads down and never got going, mostly to the stifling D played by the Leps. Like lastweek's game, the Buffs did not get any turnovers. The previous games we enjoyed positive turnover margins.

Have you guys been running the 25 second clock down all season? Worked last night. Long O drives wore our D down. Coming back from QB sacks or penalties and getting 1st downs impressed me. That screen play on your 2nd series impressed me.

You guys have a special team. You can go far if the intensity meter stays pegged out like last night and the injury bug stays away. Is #9's knee alright? (I think thats the # I remember?)

Good luck the rest of the season.

hookandladder
10-27-2012, 09:39 AM
This.

Leps had a great game plan and executed on O and D. Congrats to you guys! I will root for you the rest of the way (unless we meet in the playoffs). At this point, I'm thinking Giddings might be the team that stays home for the playoffs.

We just came out flat, hung our heads down and never got going, mostly to the stifling D played by the Leps. Like lastweek's game, the Buffs did not get any turnovers. The previous games we enjoyed positive turnover margins.

Have you guys been running the 25 second clock down all season? Worked last night. Long O drives wore our D down. Coming back from QB sacks or penalties and getting 1st downs impressed me. That screen play on your 2nd series impressed me.

You guys have a special team. You can go far if the intensity meter stays pegged out like last night and the injury bug stays away. Is #9's knee alright? (I think thats the # I remember?)

The game plan for sure was to milk the clock when we were going against the wind, we did an excellent job of that in the 3rd quarter holding you guys to only 6 offensive plays in that quarter. Our D was just outstanding and our offense was very effective running and throwing it, you guys still should be in the thick of it. Good Luck to you guys.

Pudlugger
10-27-2012, 09:40 AM
This.

Thanks 1st and Goal for the thoughtful words. Yes this is an exceptional team this year. The player who was injured was our TE #8 Supak who was out for a series or two, went back in and then coaches pulled him for the remainder of the game in mid 4th quarter. I haven't heard regarding the extent of his knee injury but it would appear from the fact that he was running on it afterwards to not be too serious. Hopefully just a bruise or strain. He is a very big part of the offense and would be missed if out with injuries. Our game plan was ball control pounding out the yards to run the clock and keep your offense off the field. The passing game was secondary to open up the middle and for those long 3rd down situations mostly. We have the ability to go long ball but that was not the plan. Getting in a shoot out with Giddings' high octane offense is never a good idea. Hopefully you guys will win out now and make the playoffs. Good luck the rest of the way.

zebrablue2
10-27-2012, 10:25 AM
Congrats to the Leps!!!

YTBulldogs
10-27-2012, 11:04 AM
If LG isn't in the top 10, somethings wrong. Congrats. Strong dominating performance. Creme raising to the top in D26. Leps and Apaches sure clicking. Now, who want's that final spot?

1st and goal
10-27-2012, 11:40 AM
If LG isn't in the top 10, somethings wrong. Congrats. Strong dominating performance. Creme raising to the top in D26. Leps and Apaches sure clicking. Now, who want's that final spot?

Agreed.