PDA

View Full Version : Region III Week 8 GotW: Jasper(6-1) Vs. Carthage(6-2)

Yoe_09
10-22-2012, 09:27 PM
Jasper(6-1)
W 49-13 over Liberty
W 55-14 over Orangefield
W 53-13 over Kirbyville
L 17-7 to West Orange-Stark
W 21-7 over Bridge City
W 68-0 over New Orleans, La Cohen
W 45-0 over Diboll

Vs.

Carthage(6-2)
L 34-30 to Jacksonville
W 38-21 over Lindale
W 30-6 over Tyler Chapel Hill
W 44-21 over Nacogdoches
L 29-27 to Whitehouse
W 54-14 over Rusk
W 56-0 over Huntington
W 45-29 over Center

Thoughts & Predictions?

j_dog
10-22-2012, 10:14 PM
It is going to be tough for Jasper to win. Carthage is AAA tough! Hope to get to attend the game just to see what a $750,000 scoreboard looks like! :eek: :stirpot:

oldtownag
10-22-2012, 10:17 PM
See ya at the game.

cowboyandchrist
10-23-2012, 06:59 AM
Just like every year for the past five years, Coach S has his plan and schedule working like a well oiled machine. The Dawgs are playing better every game. The coach called pipen into his office and ask to him to remember how hard he ran the ball last year and it is time to start delivering the punishment. He ran for over two hundred yards against a very good and undefeated Center team. I don't how coach S does it, but it is easy to see non district games are used to put his plan in motion. Once district starts, it is a totally different team that takes the field. Most teams are as good as they can get after 7 or 8 ball games, not the Dawgs they will be better in the next game than they were in the last game. They will play better against Jasper than they did against Center.

regaleagle
10-23-2012, 08:48 AM
Good managers are always in short supply, whether it be in business.....or in sports. Just so happens that Jasper has a good coach too. And a pretty good team to go with it. This ain't gonna be easy for Carthage. Don't know how disciplined Jasper's team is, but I would say they need to keep turnovers and penalties at a minimum against Carthage. Capitalizing on the other team's mistakes and executing third downs will probably come into play moreso in this game for both teams than it has up to this point in the season. I guess what I'm trying to say is that whichever team plays cleaner and executes on 3rd downs better wins this game. I just don't know which team that will be. I'm leaning toward Carthage, but Jasper could suprise. Carthage has already shown they can lose games, even if the competition was very good. Guess what? The competition this Friday nite will be very good, too. This should be a very good game to watch.

j_dog
10-23-2012, 05:18 PM
Jasper has not yet had the very best of discipline. All new coaches and lots of room still to improve as the kids better learn the new coaches. I do not believe that this Jasper team has topped out by any means. They may not win over Carthage, but they will continue to get better for the third season when it truly counts.

oldtownag
10-25-2012, 10:51 AM
Jasper has not yet had the very best of discipline. All new coaches and lots of room still to improve as the kids better learn the new coaches. I do not believe that this Jasper team has topped out by any means. They may not win over Carthage, but they will continue to get better for the third season when it truly counts.

Use the last entrance east (by the bank) for the best parking.

oldtownag
10-25-2012, 10:52 AM
What's up with all the Carthage hate? We are better at winning games than polls.

defense51
10-25-2012, 11:43 AM
What offense does Jasper run?

Old Timer
10-25-2012, 12:31 PM
Well, this is a toughy right here boys. I'm gonna go with 19-22 Bulldogs! PUT IT ON PAPER, BULLDOGS WIN!!!

29-28 Jasper

oldtownag
10-25-2012, 01:34 PM
29-28 Jasper

Your hurt is coming. If you make it that far.

Ville-D
10-25-2012, 02:51 PM

Don't let PuddLugger hear that kind of talk... He don't put up with that.

Ville would beat Carthage by 4 TD'S MARK IT DOWN.
Alvarado beats you by 10-14
Glen Rose beats you by 7-10

cowboyandchrist
10-25-2012, 11:03 PM

You know how many times we have heard that crap. 2008,2009, and again in 2010. This year the Dawgs will make a believer out you to. See ya come December, if you make that far. Also you need to remember a team that goes by the name of the Rattlers. They are playing better than the three teams you just bragged about.

oldtownag
10-26-2012, 10:59 AM

Ain't scared.

Ville-D
10-26-2012, 11:01 AM
You know how many times we have heard that crap. 2008,2009, and again in 2010. This year the Dawgs will make a believer out you to. See ya come December, if you make that far. Also you need to remember a team that goes by the name of the Rattlers. They are playing better than the three teams you just bragged about.

How do you think Carthage matches up with Navasota (if they go d1)?

cowboyandchrist
10-26-2012, 12:04 PM
How do you think Carthage matches up with Navasota (if they go d1)?

I don't know, it is hard to gauge. Not taking anything away from the talent in other parts of the state because this year there seems to be 10 to 15 teams that can flat out play. If you go by Brownwood of 2010, they beat the crap out of everybody they played by 50 points or more and then played the Dawgs and got beat in one of the best games I have ever witnessed. Are the Rattlers doing the same or are they beating good teams that bad. Coach Sarrat at Carthage finds a way to beat teams by throwing the ball when he has to, running when he has to and playing great bend but don't break D. The homer in me says Carthage in a close game 1 to 3 points. The truth is I don't know if the Dawgs could beat the Rattlers or not. I feel the same about the Ville, I don't know if Carthage can beat the Ville or not. One thing I know for sure, if Carthage makes it far enough to play either team, it will be two great ball games.

Yoe_09
10-26-2012, 04:33 PM
I think Newton could be an example of that this year. They no doubt have a very good team this year, but the competition level in that district seems to be down.

hollywood
10-26-2012, 06:00 PM
I don't know, it is hard to gauge. Not taking anything away from the talent in other parts of the state because this year there seems to be 10 to 15 teams that can flat out play. If you go by Brownwood of 2010, they beat the crap out of everybody they played by 50 points or more and then played the Dawgs and got beat in one of the best games I have ever witnessed. Are the Rattlers doing the same or are they beating good teams that bad. Coach Sarrat at Carthage finds a way to beat teams by throwing the ball when he has to, running when he has to and playing great bend but don't break D. The homer in me says Carthage in a close game 1 to 3 points. The truth is I don't know if the Dawgs could beat the Rattlers or not. I feel the same about the Ville, I don't know if Carthage can beat the Ville or not. One thing I know for sure, if Carthage makes it far enough to play either team, it will be two great ball games.

Speaking of Brownwood 2010. Great team. They had athletes out the rear. They blew through Reg 1 easily. The difference I see in comparing them with Ville 2012 is the O-line and D-line play. Stephenville's O-line and D-line are both quiet a bit bigger and more physical. Brownwood got away with it in Reg 1 but when they finally faced a team that was bigger and more physical on the line, it hurt them. They couldn't get the running game going and the D-line wasn't able to get enough penetration to stop the run. Stepehnville has that aspect covered this year along with the great skilled position athletes. Going to be hard to beat this year and it will take a team that's efficent at stopping the spread.

cowboyandchrist
10-26-2012, 10:18 PM
Speaking of Brownwood 2010. Great team. They had athletes out the rear. They blew through Reg 1 easily. The difference I see in comparing them with Ville 2012 is the O-line and D-line play. Stephenville's O-line and D-line are both quiet a bit bigger and more physical. Brownwood got away with it in Reg 1 but when they finally faced a team that was bigger and more physical on the line, it hurt them. They couldn't get the running game going and the D-line wasn't able to get enough penetration to stop the run. Stepehnville has that aspect covered this year along with the great skilled position athletes. Going to be hard to beat this year and it will take a team that's efficent at stopping the spread.

You maybe right, but the Dawgs are huge on both lines and they run well. It should be a great game if they meet. The Dawg secondary are very fast and cover real well. Golden will have to be double teamed or he will be in the back field all night.
Tonight the Dawgs 49 Jasper 24 late in the fourth. Jasper has only allowed about 7 points a game. The Dawgs are in second gear, when the playoffs start they will hit third and fourth gears. I have to say Carthage or Navasota will play the Ville for all the marbles.

j_dog
10-26-2012, 10:30 PM
Carthage 49, Jasper 31 Final, congrats Carthage!

oldtownag
10-26-2012, 10:51 PM

Did ya make it to game j-dog?

regaleagle
10-26-2012, 10:59 PM
Looks like this game was a very good game thru 3 quarters. Kudos to the Jasper players and staff for their efforts. Carthage continues to show they are very hard to put away this time of the year. Still some football left for both teams, though. Overall, a pretty good win for Carthage and nothing for Jasper to hang their heads about.

j_dog
10-26-2012, 11:45 PM
Did ya make it to game j-dog?
Unfortunately no. If I had been there, we would have had a different outcome! :D

Sweet win

cowboyandchrist
10-27-2012, 06:28 AM
Jasper can run the ball with two outstanding running backs. One of the backs is as fast as you will see, if he gets through to the secondary, he is gone. Jasper had a hard time throwing the ball. The Carthage secondary played lights out against the pass, but it also helped when the pass rush was in his face every time he went back to pass. Carthage ran and threw the ball well, had three TD passes of 46, 57, and 65 yards. At times Carthage look like world beaters at times and at other times they look bad. Passes were dropped, fumbled a kick off. They would throw Jasper for a big loss and turn-a-round and give up a big gain. Like I have said many times, the Dawgs were better this week than last week and will be better next week than they were this week. Same as the last five years.

ctown81
10-27-2012, 12:48 PM

I agree 100%. I feel the only two teams that can beat us in the playoffs are SVILLE and Navasota. I just wish they were slugging it out with each other in the same region so we'd have to play one instead of both. If we make to Navasota, I wonder will we play it where our heartbreak occurred 20 years ago at SFA. Even though none of these players weren't even born, hopefully they get the revenge.