PDA

View Full Version : Region I Week 8 GotW: Alvarado(6-2) Vs. Glen Rose(6-1)

bignasty55
10-20-2012, 02:57 PM
Lets get this started boys! Games vs. S'ville are in the books and coulda, woulda, & shoulda beat then.....but the fact is neither teams beat them. So who's gonna be #2 in district.......Thoughts?

GrTigers6
10-20-2012, 03:02 PM
I believe it will come down to execution and discipline. Who ever wins the turn over battle and the penalty battle should be able to come out on top. I think it will be lower scoring than our stephenville game due to the defenses.
It looks like it might be decided by which strength is better GR's offense or alvarado's defense!
Will be interesting to see how it plays out!

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-20-2012, 03:16 PM
I believe it will come down to execution and discipline. Who ever wins the turn over battle and the penalty battle should be able to come out on top. I think it will be lower scoring than our stephenville game due to the defenses.
It looks like it might be decided by which strength is better GR's offense or alvarado's defense!
This is going to be another fun one.. I know lots of GR players were at the game watching. I guess this will mean the better seed in DII? Hmmm.. Maybe we will meet a 2nd time in REG 1 Finals? lol.. Might be fun. I dont think Venus can hang with either of these 2 teams so this is for seeding and respect.

toddg
10-20-2012, 03:39 PM
luck favors the prepared!! #2 in district means #1 draw in playoffs since both teams go DII this year..and the way the brackets are shaping up..means a lot!
should be another great game, with alot on the line...so get your dukes up Glen Rose..the NDNs will be ready to go 4 qtrs of battle.

ccmom
10-20-2012, 03:43 PM
I'm curious as to how some of the posters from S'ville see this game playing out. After facing both teams, how would you predict this match up to go?

toddg
10-20-2012, 03:58 PM
I'm curious as to how some of the posters from S'ville see this game playing out. After facing both teams, how would you predict this match up to go?

dont expect an unbiased assessment from the Jacket faithful ccmom, they wuv their former coachhttp://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13911/GIF_2503.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

I thought Alvarillo would have this game for sure. However after seeing both teams play its a toss up. Glen Rose impressed me and I was kind of surprised. I think they match Stephenville scoring or close in this game.
Alvarillo kicking game is poor and could end up costing them field position and missed opportunities. Field position could lead to quick scores for Glen Rose. If Alvarillo gets behind by much it's over before its gets started.
:bigcry:

On the flip side Alvarillo just might beat the crap out of them and it wouldn't surprise me one bit. Both very good in ways.

Indian 1985
10-20-2012, 04:50 PM
I thought Alvarillo would have this game for sure. However after seeing both teams play its a toss up. Glen Rose impressed me and I was kind of surprised. I think they match Stephenville scoring or close in this game.
Alvarillo kicking game is poor and could end up costing them field position and missed opportunities. Field position could lead to quick scores for Glen Rose. If Alvarillo gets behind by much it's over before its gets started.
:bigcry:

On the flip side Alvarillo just might beat the crap out of them and it wouldn't surprise me one bit. Both very good in ways.

LOL
Yeah, Ville.. Our kicking game needs a LOT of work.
Both teams are good.
We can speculate, analyze & "what if" all we want. (and, I'm sure this horse will be beat to death 10 times over before game day)
What matters is which team wants to win more on game day, and who can make the least amount of mistakes doing it.
The Indians had better bring their A game.

83Indian
10-20-2012, 05:05 PM
The winner of this game definitely gets the better draw.

If Kennedale and Wylie go DII , which is questionable depending on Big Spring and Mineral Wells to finish in top 3, Kennedale and Wylie would be in the bottom half of the bracket with the runner up of from Alvarado and Glen Rose. Graham in District 5 looks good and both Hirschi and Burkburnett would have to miss the playoffs for Graham to go D1. If Graham goes D2 they would be in the top half of the bracket and the Winner of 7 (Alvarado or Glen Rose) would face Graham in round 2. Things will shape up in the next couple of weeks, but right now the winner of Glen Rose and Alvarado looks better possibly facing Graham than possibly facing Kennedale and Wylie

hollywood
10-20-2012, 08:38 PM

ccmom, after seeing the Ville playin both teams, I agree with some of the other posters. It's a toss up who wins this one.

How does Alavardo respond to the loss this week? That's the question.

Glen Rose is coming off of a bye week with 2 weeks to prepare for Alvarado and playing at home.

IMO, Glen Rose's offense is very tough to defend for any defense. They run the spread and run it very well. Big O-line, a great QB, above average receivers and very solid RB. Alvarado's defense has got another tough task stopping a high octane spread.
Their defense is good against the run as well. #9 is a beast.

Alvarado is very capable of winning this game with ball control offense.

We'll see but It's a toss up IMO.

Sville
10-20-2012, 09:18 PM
I agree with most of the other posters, IMO this game is a pick'em. GR has a very good balanced offense that gave Sville more problems than anyone else we have played. Defensively the Tigers are not as good upfront as Sville. I think AI will be able to have some of those long sustaining drives to limit the Tiger offense. To me this game will come down to special teams and GR has been very good in ST this year. They have returned 3 punts for TD, onside kicked 4 times, and blocked a few XP. Their kicker has a good leg and has been very good on XP. That fact with the Tigers being at home I say gives them a 1 point advantage.

J2M2SR
10-20-2012, 09:44 PM
Was it just me or did that RB #11 for Alvarado seen to out perform the hardy kid? They were both good, Just seemed like the other kid was way more explosive but didn't get many carries

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-20-2012, 10:37 PM
Was it just me or did that RB #11 for Alvarado seen to out perform the hardy kid? They were both good, Just seemed like the other kid was way more explosive but didn't get many carriesMcNiel is a faster kid.. Hes that change of pace runner.. Hardy is the power back. stats vs SV are

McNiel 11-69 yds
Hardy 20-115 yds unofficial.

McNiel goes both ways. so his carries are limited. Last Friday he was much more important in the secondary.

defense51
10-20-2012, 10:48 PM
Was it just me or did that RB #11 for Alvarado seen to out perform the hardy kid? They were both good, Just seemed like the other kid was way more explosive but didn't get many carries

#8 is proven durable (think Timex), he can take a beating and continue to run hard in all four quarters. Playing RB is hard enough on a body, but playing every down on defense also would take it's toll on #11 eventually.

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-21-2012, 12:25 AM
#8 is proven durable (think Timex), he can take a beating and continue to run hard in all four quarters. Playing RB is hard enough on a body, but playing every down on defense also would take it's toll on #11 eventually.
If we were to lose either one of those guys we would be in a world of hurt.. We need them healthy. I may jinx him now, but Hardy has never been injured since he has been playing. started in 1st grade. Durable is the word.. plus hes your leading rusher in 7 3A.

toddg
10-21-2012, 12:27 AM

GrTigers6....i was at Tiger Stadium today..the entire complex is beautiful!! The Glen Rose folks should be very proud!!

toddg
10-21-2012, 12:31 AM
If we were to lose either one of those guys we would be in a world of hurt.. We need them healthy. I may jinx him now, but Hardy has never been injured since he has been playing. started in 1st grade. Durable is the word.. plus hes your leading rusher in 7 3A.

his name is Lee Hardy!! not Lee Softy! for sure!

toddg
10-21-2012, 02:35 AM
http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13991/TONY.jpg (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

dbklthomas
10-21-2012, 09:03 AM
Who is the home team? After seeing both teams against the ville I think it comes down to homefield advantage. I was very impressed with GR offense and very impressed with Alvarado's 12th man. We made a lot of mistakes against both teams but was a little flat against Alvarado in the first half. I would take Glen Rose in a very, very close game. It's going to be a lot better game to watch than the Ville's game against Venus.

IndianQbdad
10-21-2012, 09:21 AM
I think if Alvarado can cut down on penalties and go out and execute , then we win by 10. However if we continue to get penalties and miss xp we are in for a long night and playoffs. This team has got to get the discipline back that they had in past years. This team is very capable of being a state champ continder , but we have to start firing on all cylinders. We can only achieve this by discipline and character that coach Dixon teaches.

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-21-2012, 09:21 AM
Who is the home team? After seeing both teams against the ville I think it comes down to homefield advantage. I was very impressed with GR offense and very impressed with Alvarado's 12th man. We made a lot of mistakes against both teams but was a little flat against Alvarado in the first half. I would take Glen Rose in a very, very close game. It's going to be a lot better game to watch than the Ville's game against Venus.

We get to play on that pretty GR field. But Alvarado's 12th man will be there. We have been drawing huge away crowds.

dbklthomas
10-21-2012, 09:28 AM
We get to play on that pretty GR field. But Alvarado's 12th man will be there. We have been drawing huge away crowds.

I may watch the first half of the "Ville/Venus" blowout and make the 30 minute drive to Glen Rose to watch the second half of a great matchup. I guess I got to take Glen Rose by 1. Wear your sunglasses, that red is pretty bright! lol

J2M2SR
10-21-2012, 09:28 AM
I wasn't downing the Hardy kid at all, incredible back! Thanks for the info!

Smitty
10-21-2012, 11:08 AM
Alvarado by 3,, not sure why. They have trouble with extra points and field goals are a definte problem. They are brutes on the football field and I think that will get them by Glen Rose.

:clap:
Alvarado by 3,, not sure why. They have trouble with extra points and field goals are a definte problem. They are brutes on the football field and I think that will get them by Glen Rose.

Ville started almost every possesion near 40 yard line. With a good field goal kicker thats not far to go to be in range for the 3 points. That along with a poor punter is a huge problem for Alvarado. Both teams are stout and either can win. I think home field will come in to play some but not as much as special teams play. Even if Glen Rose dont score with that kind of field position and a good kicking game it will keep Alvarado in bad field postion all night.

If Alvarado can drive the ball and get 3 long 70-80 plus yard scoring drives they win. damn THIS IS GOING TO THE BEST GAME THIS YEAR TO DATE.
VILLE UP:eek::cheerl::2thumbsup

Indian 1985
10-21-2012, 11:54 AM
I would wish Stephenville good luck against Venus, but you guys won't need it! :thumbsup:

toddg
10-21-2012, 12:44 PM
one advantage Alvarado has over most teams is depth, and i see that as a major factor in this game..and the Indian D is no sloach..scores by GR will be hard earned.
we already faced the best QB in 3A, (and if Tyler Jones isnt passing and running in the SEC or Big12 in the future..the coaches and scouts from those teams are stupid!!) and he beat us, along with great plays made by Gunter and Stedham, we played good pass coverage and the guy checked down quick to find his open recievers in 3rd and long situations all night...he didnt have time to tie his shoes...it will take similer efficiency by Bretton and co. to win this game, that is if the GR defense can give them enough oppurtunities, and they dont have turnovers..
my prediction is Alvarado will be running the clock out with a 28-18 victory.

Extiger12
10-21-2012, 01:01 PM
Another thing that nobody is factoring in this game is the revenge on last years district championship! GR is at home and is very hungry for revenge! Going to be a real close one but I pick GR 35-28

toddg
10-21-2012, 02:21 PM
Another thing that nobody is factoring in this game is the revenge on last years district championship! GR is at home and is very hungry for revenge! Going to be a real close one but I pick GR 35-28

how bout some humble pie instead, we serve it warm with a tall glass of milk...http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/10404/t2032.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

Smitty
10-21-2012, 03:13 PM
:fnypost:

Indian 1985
10-21-2012, 03:26 PM
how bout some humble pie instead, we serve it warm with a tall glass of milk...http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/10404/t2032.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

Do you intend to serve the humble pie, while you're still wearing Stephenville colors, from your lost bet, Todd? :)

Tin Cup
10-21-2012, 03:26 PM
GR 29-28
Go for two and win it late

Extiger12
10-21-2012, 04:52 PM
Well I do enjoy a pie every now in then! Lol but hey after the loss stop by Hammond BBQ and get ya a nice homemade crow pie for yourself! :1popcorn:

toddg
10-21-2012, 05:22 PM
Well I do enjoy a pie every now in then! Lol but hey after the loss stop by Hammond BBQ and get ya a nice homemade crow pie for yourself! :1popcorn:

iv tried it...http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13991/crowpie.jpg (http://www.smileyvault.com/)...and the crust just didnt agree with mehttp://www.smileyvault.com/albums/basic/smileyvault-fart.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

Rabid Cougar
10-21-2012, 05:48 PM
Glen Rose

GrTigers6
10-21-2012, 07:48 PM
GrTigers6....i was at Tiger Stadium today..the entire complex is beautiful!! The Glen Rose folks should be very proud!!Thanks

Extiger12
10-21-2012, 08:10 PM
Well it's never intended to taste like grandmas apple pie. Lol

83Indian
10-21-2012, 09:02 PM
I'll take the Indians by 7. Playing the Ville first is an advantage in my opinion getting adapted to the spread offense. Hopefully we learn to guard the flat this week as Stephenville exposed us badly. As long as we don't get beat over the top, I think we can hold Glen Rose somewhat in check.

28 - 21 Alvarado.

hollywood
10-21-2012, 09:10 PM
I'll take the Indians by 7. Playing the Ville first is an advantage in my opinion getting adapted to the spread offense. Hopefully we learn to guard the flat this week as Stephenville exposed us badly. As long as we don't get beat over the top, I think we can hold Glen Rose somewhat in check.

28 - 21 Alvarado.

83Indian, it might help a little. But Glen Rose has a great offense. Stephenville was able to get in 4 sacks on QB #10 Bretton. I think after the first sack he was a little gun shy. They should be able to run the ball enough to keep the pass open. The key to defend their offense is going to be pressure on #10. He doesn't like to sit in the pocket more than 3-4seconds. He get's happy feet beyond that if you know what I mean. ;)

#9, #22, #4 are players! They go both ways and will make an impact.

Good luck to both and may the best team win. :clap:

83Indian
10-21-2012, 09:18 PM
83Indian, it might help a little. But Glen Rose has a great offense. Stephenville was able to get in 4 sacks on QB #10 Bretton. I think after the first sack he was a little gun shy. They should be able to run the ball enough to keep the pass open. The key to defend their offense is going to be pressure on #10. He doesn't like to sit in the pocket more than 3-4seconds. He get's happy feet beyond that if you know what I mean. ;)

#9, #22, #4 are players! They go both ways and will make an impact.

Good luck to both and may the best team win. :clap:

QB was like that last year and threw several up for grabs. I'm sure he is much improved. We have a bunch of kids that are not used to losing many games. This week is going to have a lot to do with desire and pride for our guys. Knowing several of them, you can count on them to be ready to get last weeks loss behind them. I'm sure Glen Rose is chomping at the bit as well. Going to be an epic game.

ccmom
10-21-2012, 09:28 PM
I'm pretty sure I will be there to witness this one. Heading to metroplex Friday night for baseball
tourney and I think we might make a detour to GR. It should be a great battle!!!!

hollywood
10-21-2012, 09:38 PM
QB was like that last year and threw several up for grabs. I'm sure he is much improved. We have a bunch of kids that are not used to losing many games. This week is going to have a lot to do with desire and pride for our guys. Knowing several of them, you can count on them to be ready to get last weeks loss behind them. I'm sure Glen Rose is chomping at the bit as well. Going to be an epic game.

I hear from several Alvarado people say they know Glen Rose and have seen them last year and the year before and know what to expect. Unless you've seen them this year, they are much improved from last year. I watched them last year in the playoffs vs Brownwood and they look like a totally different team. I was very impressed in thier play 2 weeks in a row. Went and watched them vs Fairfield during Stephenville's bye week. When you see a team execute an offense as sharp and crisp as they do, no matter who they are playing, it's impressive. After watching Stephenville this year, they are as close to the Brownwood 2010 offense as I've seen since then. But after watching Glen Rose twice this year, I think they are very close behind Stephenville. Here's why. The O-line is good. Bigger and stonger than last year. Bretton is taller, stronger and more confident in his reads and throws. The RB #22 is very hard to get down and runs down hill. Reminds me of #8 for Alvarado but with more size and top end speed. #4 WR is a stud. Big receiver with great hands and can fly. Their DE #9 Thames, super stud. He'll run a few offensive bubble screens and rumble for 20+ yards a couple of times but is a beast on defense. The D-line did a pretty dang good job stopping Fairfields rushing attack and held Stephenville in check on the run most of the night.

This will be a great match up. If it weren't for Stephenville's homecoming, I'd be in Glen Rose Friday night to watch this showdown!

Good luck

hollywood
10-21-2012, 10:11 PM
I'm pretty sure I will be there to witness this one. Heading to metroplex Friday night for baseball
tourney and I think we might make a detour to GR. It should be a great battle!!!!

You'll be impressed with more than the game if you haven't already seen Glen Rose's facilities. Very 4A'ish for a 3A! :clap:

See if GrTigers6 can hook ya up with a viewing of the new Arena on the northside of the field. ;)

Indian 1985
10-21-2012, 10:21 PM
I wish I could go, but I have to pick up my daughter from dialysis @ 7:45.
Can't be in 2 places at once. :(

Ville-D
10-21-2012, 11:26 PM
I may watch the first half of the "Ville/Venus" blowout and make the 30 minute drive to Glen Rose to watch the second half of a great matchup. I guess I got to take Glen Rose by 1. Wear your sunglasses, that red is pretty bright! lol

I may do the same thing

I hear from several Alvarado people say they know Glen Rose and have seen them last year and the year before and know what to expect. Unless you've seen them this year, they are much improved from last year. I watched them last year in the playoffs vs Brownwood and they look like a totally different team. I was very impressed in thier play 2 weeks in a row. Went and watched them vs Fairfield during Stephenville's bye week. When you see a team execute an offense as sharp and crisp as they do, no matter who they are playing, it's impressive. After watching Stephenville this year, they are as close to the Brownwood 2010 offense as I've seen since then. But after watching Glen Rose twice this year, I think they are very close behind Stephenville. Here's why. The O-line is good. Bigger and stonger than last year. Bretton is taller, stronger and more confident in his reads and throws. The RB #22 is very hard to get down and runs down hill. Reminds me of #8 for Alvarado but with more size and top end speed. #4 WR is a stud. Big receiver with great hands and can fly. Their DE #9 Thames, super stud. He'll run a few offensive bubble screens and rumble for 20+ yards a couple of times but is a beast on defense. The D-line did a pretty dang good job stopping Fairfields rushing attack and held Stephenville in check on the run most of the night.

This will be a great match up. If it weren't for Stephenville's homecoming, I'd be in Glen Rose Friday night to watch this showdown!

Good luck

I dont have a mum im going to the GR Alvarillo game.

DKfromDUB
10-22-2012, 07:21 AM
After watching both teams play, I have to give the edge to Glen Rose. No disrespect to Alvarado but I think Stephenville left at least 14 points on the field. Probably more. From the penatly on the opening drive to the fumble on the 1 on a QB sneak. IMO that game should have been around a 46-13 final. To me, Glen Rose has been the best team Stephenville has faced. I dont see Alvarado getting enough pressure on #10 to disrupt the passing game and I wouldnt be suprised if Alvarado gets beat worse than they did in they did by Stephenville.

After saying all that I wouldnt be suprised if Alvarado wins but my pick is Glen Rose by 15

Extiger12
10-22-2012, 04:01 PM
Should be good game to watch! I don't see a blow for either side! The team that wins will win at most by 14! Can't wait!

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-22-2012, 04:07 PM
[QUOTE=DKfromDUB;1705958]After watching both teams play, I have to give the edge to Glen Rose. No disrespect to Alvarado but I think Stephenville left at least 14 points on the field. Probably more. From the penatly on the opening drive to the fumble on the 1 on a QB sneak. IMO that game should have been around a 46-13 final. To me, Glen Rose has been the best team Stephenville has faced. I dont see Alvarado getting enough pressure on #10 to disrupt the passing game and I wouldnt be suprised if Alvarado gets beat worse than they did in they did by Stephenville.

After saying all that I wouldnt be surprised if Alvarado wins but my pick is Glen Rose by 15[/QUOTE We had our chance to put more pts up too.. A dropped Flea flicker negates what happened the next play. He catches it we are driving to go ahead. Alvarado will beat GR.. Alvarado by 14. We have frustration to take out. I promise you that.. I watched the film on SV vs ALV game.. there was vicious hitting.

Yoe_09
10-22-2012, 09:19 PM
Alvarado(6-2)
W 64-13 over Bridgeport
W 56-14 over Mexia
W 20-13 over FW Southwest
W 28-14 over China Spring
L 14-13 to Waco Connally
W 35-0 over Decatur
W 63-7 over Hillsboro
L 32-20 to Stephenville

Vs.

Glen Rose(6-1)
W 61-7 over Carrollton Ranchview
W 35-28 over China Spring
W 30-7 over Mineral Wells
W 49-13 over Crandall
W 60-13 over West
W 45-6 over Fairfield
L 48-30 to Stephenville

Thoughts & Predictions?

Ville-D
10-22-2012, 10:01 PM
If GR and A play with the intensity they had against us then they will both be though to beat.

I think GR having a bye before this game gives them a leg up in being ready from an injury recovery standpoint.

With A having played us last week they should be as ready as they can to face a high powered spread offense.

Both teams are coming of a defeat and looking to bounce back.

I'm still not sure which way to go on this...

What is the injury status for each team, if it can be shared?

toddg
10-22-2012, 11:49 PM
to be honest..im glad to see GR having a good season, district 7-3A will show strong in the playoffs. but i really dont care how we compare to other teams in losing to Stephenville..we lost! and that fact alone motivates our coaches and players to get back to work and get better..cause we hate to lose, regardless of the circumstances and the what ifs and what fors! the sledge hammers will come out this week! there is no "we hung with 'em" mentality...only focus on the task at hand, and that task is unselfish teamwork to accomplish a selfish goal..and that is to win!! and if you dont like the smell of sweaty hawgs, get off the damn porch!!

Extiger12
10-23-2012, 01:11 AM
The biggest challenge in this game will be the fourth quarter! Both teams have both side players! GR obviously has more but as an ex player and playing both sides we were well conditioned! Each team has had some big plays in the fourth against S-Ville that changed the momentum fast!

ahs_indian_fan
10-23-2012, 08:15 AM
I could be wrong, but Alvarado only has one kid that sees significant time on both sides of the ball and I wouldn't worry about him wearing down. The big fourth quarter play you speak of for Alvarado was not really a 'big' play at all. Down 25-20, Alvarado's defense couldn't get off the field as Sville kept converting third down after third down. Props to Sville for being able to convert so often when it mattered on that last drive, but Alvarado was one third down stop away from getting the ball back with three or four minutes left and down 25-20. In my opinion both Alvarado and Sville handled the momentum swings very well.

regaleagle
10-23-2012, 08:17 AM
In a big game like this, I'm going with offense. I should be going with defense, but GR showed their strong suit against Stephenville. I like GR to get the big quick-strike plays vs. Alvarado's pound it style game. Alvarado may break a few themselves, but I like GR's chances better. Everytime they have a possession, all the way up to the end of the half and the game, they have that big play ability to score. That puts tremendous pressure on the opposing defense all night, and gives GR more options out of the playbook. I would call GR very dangerous. I'm saying maybe a 10 pt. victory here by GR.....38-28.

hollywood
10-23-2012, 09:09 AM
The more I think about this match up the more I agree with regaleagle's view. GR has a fantastic offensive scheme that is almost impossible to stop. They will get their points. Obviously with AV offensive scheme, they want to control the clock and want to minimize GR offensive possessions. Similar game plan AV had for SV. GR can run the bubble screens, rocket screens, quick hitch passes to the RB, quick slants across the middle all night. SV exposed AV last Friday to this.

AV kicking game is poor. They will miss a couple of extra points.

As much as I like AV and GR both, I'm picking GR in this one by 11+.

GR 37
AV 26

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-23-2012, 09:30 AM
I on the other hand will go with Defense. Plus the really good offense that we have. Alvarado has proven it can score and we have played a tougher schedule. The advantage they have will be being in GR. Alvarado will travel a huge crowd too.

But just to get this straight. You're saying GR has a better offense than SV? SV scored 32 and you're saying GR will score 38? Really? I don't think GR will score 28 even. They played very well against SV but they are not the same caliber. GR is a good team.. Really good compared to most. But not like SV. Yes GR is dangerous. But they can make lots of mistakes. Just like the game against CS. Didn't GR have 5 or more turnover's?

Alvarado(6-2)
W 64-13 over Bridgeport
W 56-14 over Mexia
L 14-13 to Waco Connally
W 35-0 over Decatur
W 63-7 over Hillsboro
L 32-20 to Stephenville

Vs.

Glen Rose(6-1)
W 49-13 over Crandall
W 60-13 over West
W 45-6 over Fairfield
L 48-30 to Stephenville

From the looks of this GR has only played "1" good team in Stephenville.

Alvarado has played 3. SV WC and Ft Wrth SW.

Other than that the schedules are pretty close. This being said I feel that Alvarado has been more battle tested and will be coming to GR with day of reckoning in mind. I think it may be a bigger win by Alvarado than most think it will be. Just a gut feeling.. But I have been wrong before. Good luck to both teams. Alvarado 32 GR 14.

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-23-2012, 09:32 AM
The more I think about this match up the more I agree with regaleagle's view. GR has a fantastic offensive scheme that is almost impossible to stop. They will get their points. Obviously with AV offensive scheme, they want to control the clock and want to minimize GR offensive possessions. Similar game plan AV had for SV. GR can run the bubble screens, rocket screens, quick hitch passes to the RB, quick slants across the middle all night. SV exposed AV last Friday to this.

GR 37
AV 26

Oh our main kicker was out for the SV game... Sick. he hadnt missed since the Waco Connally game.

ahs_indian_fan
10-23-2012, 10:06 AM

GR 37
AV 26

Someone has spiked the Tommy Dunn Kool-Aid! Put it down and slowly walk away ...

hollywood
10-23-2012, 10:55 AM
I on the other hand will go with Defense. Plus the really good offense that we have. Alvarado has proven it can score and we have played a tougher schedule. The advantage they have will be being in GR. Alvarado will travel a huge crowd too.

But just to get this straight. You're saying GR has a better offense than SV? SV scored 32 and you're saying GR will score 38? Really? I don't think GR will score 28 even. They played very well against SV but they are not the same caliber. GR is a good team.. Really good compared to most. But not like SV. Yes GR is dangerous. But they can make lots of mistakes. Just like the game against CS. Didn't GR have 5 or more turnover's?

Alvarado(6-2)
W 64-13 over Bridgeport
W 56-14 over Mexia
L 14-13 to Waco Connally
W 35-0 over Decatur
W 63-7 over Hillsboro
L 32-20 to Stephenville

Vs.

Glen Rose(6-1)
W 49-13 over Crandall
W 60-13 over West
W 45-6 over Fairfield
L 48-30 to Stephenville

Other than that the schedules are pretty close. This being said I feel that Alvarado has been more battle tested and will be coming to GR with day of reckoning in mind. I think it may be a bigger win by Alvarado than most think it will be. Just a gut feeling.. But I have been wrong before. Good luck to both teams. Alvarado 32 GR 14.

Mucho respect for AV! I picked the SV/AV game pretty close though... 38-14 SV... maybe 21 for AV if they bust a long run. Final 32-20 SV. ;)

If AV holds GR to 14, I'll be shocked. AV would have to controll the ball 90% of the game and limit GR to only 2 touches of the ball.

Good luck to both and may the best team win! :clap: :cheerl:

bignasty55
10-23-2012, 10:57 AM
Bretton completed passes all NIGHT against S'ville even with defenders hanging on him and flushing him out of the pocket.......

hollywood
10-23-2012, 10:58 AM
Someone has spiked the Tommy Dunn Kool-Aid! Put it down and slowly walk away ...

I love Kool-Aid! Someone's about to get spiked by Tommy Dunn's team Friday if you can't contain the spread offense, that's a fact jack! ;)

Ville-D
10-23-2012, 11:44 AM
I like the play calling and offensive scheme that GR runs. I think that Stephenville's athletic ability was one of the biggest differentiators in the GR/Ville game.

Alvarado is a little one dimensional on offense (although they scored in the air more against us than they did on the ground), but their D is pretty good. They will have to keep extreme pressure on the QB out of their base defense to win.

I'm giving the nod to the NDN's and it will be about a 3 point game - like 24-21.

So...

Alvarado 24
Glen Rose 21

toddg
10-23-2012, 12:08 PM
Mucho respect for AV! I picked the SV/AV game pretty close though... 38-14 SV... maybe 21 for AV if they bust a long run. Final 32-20 SV. ;)

If AV holds GR to 14, I'll be shocked. AV would have to controll the ball 90% of the game and limit GR to only 2 touches of the ball.

Good luck to both and may the best team win! :clap: :cheerl: we proved we are capable of that kind of ball control in the first half last week...18 play drive, consuming nearly 10 minutes ending with a touchdown...just need to maintain the consistancy..and our D needs to hit harder.

hollywood
10-23-2012, 02:57 PM
we proved we are capable of that kind of ball control in the first half last week...18 play drive, consuming nearly 10 minutes ending with a touchdown...just need to maintain the consistancy..and our D needs to hit harder.

Yes y'all did! And I knew AV could against any team if they executed. But that's the key. Once a team like AV slips just once against a team like SV, GR, Wim, Carthage... once behind... it's Katy bar the door senior!!

Like the Katy part? ;)

:D

regaleagle
10-23-2012, 03:45 PM
I think the Alvarado-Stephenville game was a different style than the Alvarado-GR game will be. I think you will see GR actually pass it much more than Stephenville did. That's why I'm saying the score will be higher. Not that Stephenville couldn't pass it more, but they mixed the run more against Alvarado and still won. GR will definitely go the air more against Alvarado than Stephenville did. This is all merely conjecture, but that's the way I would play Alvarado if I was the GR OC. Bretton is the main weapon for GR, and will be used extensively IMO. I think the linebackers and secondary for Alvarado will be running all night long.

toddg
10-23-2012, 03:55 PM
Yes y'all did! And I knew AV could against any team if they executed. But that's the key. Once a team like AV slips just once against a team like SV, GR, Wim, Carthage... once behind... it's Katy bar the door senior!!

Like the Katy part? ;)

:D nice touch...dont worry..#http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13622/number9.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13622/number9.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)and co. can bar that door just fine this week!!

and we can all gather around and singhttp://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13622/pianoman01ur3.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)andhttp://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13622/partyguy.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)dance and praise the Mighty Indianshttp://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13622/mass_homage.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

toddg
10-23-2012, 04:18 PM
I think the Alvarado-Stephenville game was a different style than the Alvarado-GR game will be. I think you will see GR actually pass it much more than Stephenville did. That's why I'm saying the score will be higher. Not that Stephenville couldn't pass it more, but they mixed the run more against Alvarado and still won. GR will definitely go the air more against Alvarado than Stephenville did. This is all merely conjecture, but that's the way I would play Alvarado if I was the GR OC. Bretton is the main weapon for GR, and will be used extensively IMO. I think the linebackers and secondary for Alvarado will be running all night long. they had to run some to slow our pass rush..which will be a major problem for GR..the Alvarado D is better than you think..the Stephenville offense is the best offense, by far, that we will face this year..period.

Sville
10-23-2012, 04:52 PM
I will say this for Alvarado, they continued what I saw against FWSW, they are the best tackling defense I have seen this year. This is going to be such a fun match-up. BTW- Does GR have a radio broadcast?

Extiger12
10-23-2012, 05:04 PM
Yes they do it is on the tarleton radio station! I think it's like 90.7?

Extiger12
10-23-2012, 05:06 PM
Make that 90.5

hollywood
10-23-2012, 05:10 PM
they had to run some to slow our pass rush..which will be a major problem for GR..the Alvarado D is better than you think..the Stephenville offense is the best offense, by far, that we will face this year..period.

GR RB #22 is their best athlete. He is one of the best backs in the district. Runs very hard and can take it to the house if he gets loose. But, having said that, he'll have a hard time getting past the AV D-line and LB's! ;)

Fun match up for sure!

hollywood
10-23-2012, 05:11 PM
COBRAFOOTBALL, have you watched film on GR yet?

Give us your analysis please sir. :wave:

:2thumbsup

defense51
10-23-2012, 06:31 PM

GR 37
AV 26 I don't think the Indians will be as susceptible to this passing attack two Weeks in a row, they will make a few changes to minimize this very aspect of the Glen Rose offense. Besides I'll be wearing a Stephenville t-shirt :ack!: for a little added mojo. If it doesn't work I'm sending it back to Hollywood uni-bomber style. :foul:

Sville
10-23-2012, 07:42 PM
Make that 90.5

Great, looks like I will be tuning in Friday.

Extiger12
10-23-2012, 08:09 PM
Looks like that what I'll be doing as well!

Smitty
10-23-2012, 08:32 PM
:iagree:

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-23-2012, 09:04 PM
COBRAFOOTBALL, have you watched film on GR yet?

Give us your analysis please sir. :wave:

:2thumbsup

Why yes I have.. Thanks for asking.. many times. Seen them live too. Here is my honest opinion.

Carbon copy of China Spring. Not near the talent that SV has. They played the game of their life against SV. Many of the catches that they made were extremely lucky although very nice catches. Most of those in any other game would have been dropped. What I also notice is that they can turn the ball over. Alvarado has the best defense in 7 3A. They will not score like they did against SV. SV played down to their level. Yall played us much better and harder.. more passion so to speak against us. I feel that Alvarado will cause them many 3 and outs and eat up the clock and beat GR 38-14. And Im sticking by that. #22 is a good RB. But no one has run the ball well against our D. I predict he has about 65 yds rushing. Remember these stats and lets compare when its over.

GR

102 yds rushing.
140 yds passing
2 Turnovers

Leaders
#22 65 yds rushing 1 TD
#10 140 yds passing 1 TD

Alvarado

290 yds rushing
105 yds passing
0 turn overs

Leaders

#8 150 yds rushing 3 TD
#11 95 yds rushing 1TD
#18 105 yds passing 1 TD

Im just trying to be a wizard or something. But lets see how close I get. Anyone wanna try the predicting game?

hollywood
10-23-2012, 10:16 PM
B
Why yes I have.. Thanks for asking.. many times. Seen them live too. Here is my honest opinion.

Carbon copy of China Spring. Not near the talent that SV has. They played the game of their life against SV. Many of the catches that they made were extremely lucky although very nice catches. Most of those in any other game would have been dropped. What I also notice is that they can turn the ball over. Alvarado has the best defense in 7 3A. They will not score like they did against SV. SV played down to their level. Yall played us much better and harder.. more passion so to speak against us. I feel that Alvarado will cause them many 3 and outs and eat up the clock and beat GR 38-14. And Im sticking by that. #22 is a good RB. But no one has run the ball well against our D. I predict he has about 65 yds rushing. Remember these stats and lets compare when its over.

GR

102 yds rushing.
140 yds passing
2 Turnovers

Leaders
#22 65 yds rushing 1 TD
#10 140 yds passing 1 TD

Alvarado

290 yds rushing
105 yds passing
0 turn overs

Leaders

#8 150 yds rushing 3 TD
#11 95 yds rushing 1TD
#18 105 yds passing 1 TD

Im just trying to be a wizard or something. But lets see how close I get. Anyone wanna try the predicting game?

I like it Cobra! But you know as good as myself and everyone else that AV will have to play above average D to keep GR under 350 yrds of offense. AV has the defense to do it, but it's going to also take flawless execution by the AV offense. GR defense isn't shabby.

hollywood
10-23-2012, 10:17 PM
B

GR

102 yds rushing.
140 yds passing
2 Turnovers

Leaders
#22 65 yds rushing 1 TD
#10 140 yds passing 1 TD

Alvarado

290 yds rushing
105 yds passing
0 turn overs

Leaders

#8 150 yds rushing 3 TD
#11 95 yds rushing 1TD
#18 105 yds passing 1 TD

I like it Cobra! But you know as good as myself and everyone else that AV will have to play above average D to keep GR under 350 yrds of offense. AV has the defense to do it, but it's going to also take flawless execution by the AV offense. GR defense isn't shabby.

GrTigers6
10-24-2012, 07:44 AM

GR

102 yds rushing.
140 yds passing
2 Turnovers

Leaders
#22 65 yds rushing 1 TD
#10 140 yds passing 1 TD

Alvarado

290 yds rushing
105 yds passing
0 turn overs

Leaders

#8 150 yds rushing 3 TD
#11 95 yds rushing 1TD
#18 105 yds passing 1 TD

Problem with that statement cobra is that these relievers have been making plays like that all year! It's not luck and As far as comparing us to china spring we should have beat them much worse but they ha the typical multiple turnover game that they do with them every year. They just figured out how to overcome it which makes this team much better than any other I have seen since I moved here in 01. I believe you will see that we will be much harder to stop than last year.

hollywood
10-24-2012, 10:23 AM
Problem with that statement cobra is that these relievers have been making plays like that all year! It's not luck and As far as comparing us to china spring we should have beat them much worse but they ha the typical multiple turnover game that they do with them every year. They just figured out how to overcome it which makes this team much better than any other I have seen since I moved here in 01. I believe you will see that we will be much harder to stop than last year.

:iagree:

Alvarillo village people like to reflect on the past. Didn't help them last week. :1popcorn:

Extiger12
10-24-2012, 02:48 PM

GR

102 yds rushing.
140 yds passing
2 Turnovers

Leaders
#22 65 yds rushing 1 TD
#10 140 yds passing 1 TD

Alvarado

290 yds rushing
105 yds passing
0 turn overs

Leaders

#8 150 yds rushing 3 TD
#11 95 yds rushing 1TD
#18 105 yds passing 1 TD

I don't believe GR only had one passing touchdown against stephenville let alone 140 yards passing?

Extiger12
10-24-2012, 02:53 PM
My bad read it wrong! But those predictions are way off. I say GR QB puts up more than 200 yard passing and GR #4 has at least a 100 and #22 has over 150 yards rushing! 35-28 GR by 7!

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-24-2012, 03:43 PM
My bad read it wrong! But those predictions are way off. I say GR QB puts up more than 200 yard passing and GR #4 has at least a 100 and #22 has over 150 yards rushing! 35-28 GR by 7!

No way... No RB can hang over 100 yds against this defense in 7 3A. U might get lucky and get 200 passing. But GR is about to play the best defense in this district. Without question. And the 2nd highest scoring team.

vtskneb
10-24-2012, 03:49 PM
I think Alvarado wins because they will win the line of scrimmage. I do not think it will be the blowout it was last year though.

Extiger12
10-24-2012, 04:16 PM
Your also facing one if the best offenses in the state! It will e interesting but you will be surprised! They aren't the same team as last year! Yes they have the same weapons but much more talented this year!

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-24-2012, 04:27 PM
Your also facing one if the best offenses in the state! It will e interesting but you will be surprised! They aren't the same team as last year! Yes they have the same weapons but much more talented this year!

Alvarado has the weapons too...

Extiger12
10-24-2012, 04:36 PM
Never said they didn't. But they did lose the defensive MVP and we are returning the offensive MVP. Which makes for a interesting fact! You also lost a number one an two receivers from last year. Now I haven't seen Alvarado play this year but I'm just going off of what they lost and what we lost!

regaleagle
10-24-2012, 04:48 PM
I'll stick with my prediction GR brings the offense to AV in a way they haven't seen yet. Lots of passing, speed, and an accurate qb with a very good rb to keep the LB's honest. A good spread offense much like Argyle runs with a very good rb to get the tough yards when needed. You put a good qb and rb together in the spread....this spells points. I like my number.....GR 38 AV 28.

Extiger12
10-24-2012, 04:54 PM
I'll stick with my prediction GR brings the offense to AV in a way they haven't seen yet. Lots of passing, speed, and an accurate qb with a very good rb to keep the LB's honest. A good spread offense much like Argyle runs with a very good rb to get the tough yards when needed. You put a good qb and rb together in the spread....this spells points. I like my number.....GR 38 AV 28.

:iagree::iagree:

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-24-2012, 04:59 PM
Im sticking with ALV 38 GR 14.. Not even close.:stirpot:

defense51
10-24-2012, 05:21 PM

Regal, I'm not sure how Glen Rose will bring an offense like we haven't seen yet. I'm not taking anything away from Glen Rose, but they pretty much run the same offense as Stephenville. But obviously Stephenville is a little better on both sides of the ball, hence the 48-30 victory two Weeks ago. Our coaches will have the defense ready to minimize the spread this week.

hollywood
10-24-2012, 06:00 PM
Regal, I'm not sure how Glen Rose will bring an offense like we haven't seen yet. I'm not taking anything away from Glen Rose, but they pretty much run the same offense as Stephenville. But obviously Stephenville is a little better on both sides of the ball, hence the 48-30 victory two Weeks ago. Our coaches will have the defense ready to minimize the spread this week.

defense51, GR offense is real good. Be looking for #9 to get more offensive reps for GR. He's a beast. #22 will get enough carries to keep AV DB's in check for the pass.

AV defense has the advantage after playing SV. But GR runs a more spread attack than SV does. Be ready for quick strike TD's

On the flip side, I won't be surprised if AV holds GR either. ;)

It comes down to execution by both. Both teams have it in them. Which one makes the fewest mistakes wins in this match up.

Indian 1985
10-24-2012, 08:51 PM
It comes down to execution by both. Both teams have it in them. Which one makes the fewest mistakes wins in this match up.

And that is Alvarado's Achilles heel. Our boys have to learn to execute consistently and stop making so many mistakes, otherwise it is going to be a long night for the tribe. Penalties and missed opportunities are hurting us this year.

hollywood
10-24-2012, 10:12 PM
In 48 hours we'll have a district Champ. :D

Oh, and we'll know who the runner-up will be too! :thumbsup:

toddg
10-24-2012, 10:46 PM
In 48 hours we'll have a district Champ. :D

Oh, and we'll know who the runner-up will be too! :thumbsup:

http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/CBSA/smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-038.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

Sville
10-24-2012, 11:19 PM
I still think special teams is going to be the deciding factor in this game and the Tigers have an advantage in this area.

toddg
10-24-2012, 11:24 PM
I still think special teams is going to be the deciding factor in this game and the Tigers have an advantage in this area.

you may be right, but our reg. kicker missed last weeks game due to illness..i think he will be back this week..havent heard, but iv been working all week.

Sville
10-24-2012, 11:26 PM
you may be right, but our reg. kicker missed last weeks game due to illness..i think he will be back this week..havent heard, but iv been working all week.

I didn't realize your starting kicker was out, that would definitely make a difference LOL.

toddg
10-24-2012, 11:35 PM
I didn't realize your starting kicker was out, that would definitely make a difference LOL.

our punter is usually pretty good..had a bad night i guess..you would think punters would be a dime a dozen..growing up, it seems there were always the kids that just had to punt the ball..all the dang time! ha!

hollywood
10-25-2012, 07:26 AM
Sure is quiet this week. AV peeps still studying film... still trying to figure out how stop another spread attack or what?! :crazy1:

:evillol:

hollywood
10-25-2012, 07:31 AM

GR kicker is good. He plays soccer. ;)

hollywood
10-25-2012, 07:57 AM

Alvarado(6-2)
W 64-13 over Bridgeport
W 56-14 over Mexia
L 14-13 to Waco Connally
W 35-0 over Decatur
W 63-7 over Hillsboro
L 32-20 to Stephenville

Vs.

Glen Rose(6-1)
W 49-13 over Crandall
W 60-13 over West
W 45-6 over Fairfield
L 48-30 to Stephenville

Let's review this again COBRAFOOTBALL.

You say AV as played a tougher schedule than GR? Looks pretty even to me... maybe GR has played the tougher schedule. 2 teams in common that both have played. SV and CS.

AV scored 28 pts vs CS and allowed 14
GR scored 35 pts vs CS and allowed 28

AV scored 20 pts vs SV and allowed 32
GR scored 30 pts vs SV and allowed 48 (one of the TDs for SV was a fumble recovery in the EZ.)

GR proves in these two comparisons that they have a more potent offense. In the game versus SV, GR was in it only down 35-30 midway through the 4th qtr.

AV isn't the only team ready for this game. GR is just as hungry. They are coming off a loss to SV as well and they've had 2 weeks to heal and prepare for AV.

Advantage GR IMO. Here's why.
GR wants revenge for last years loss to AV, they will be prepared
GR is also coming off a loss to SV that they felt they had a chance to win
GR is playing at home
GR feels this is their best team in over a decade and I beleive it is

AV has just as good of a chance to win if they limit turnovers and penalties. But if both teams execute very well, GR has the edge.

ahs_indian_fan
10-25-2012, 08:17 AM
GR proves in these two comparisons that they have a more potent offense. In the game versus SV, GR was in it only down 35-30 midway through the 4th qtr.

What's funny is Alvarado was within 25-20 late (not midway) through the fourth quarter. Stephenville scored that final touchdown with less than two minutes left. If (and yes, I realize it is an IF) Alvarado stops Stephenville on any of the several third down plays on the last drive the Indians are down five with the ball with around four minutes left. Don't pretend Alvarado wasn't in that game.

I don't think anyone is trying to compare Alvarado's offense to Glen Rose's offense. The question is how will GR offense compare to Alv defense.

defense51
10-25-2012, 08:42 AM
Let's review this again COBRAFOOTBALL.

You say AV as played a tougher schedule than GR? Looks pretty even to me... maybe GR has played the tougher schedule. 2 teams in common that both have played. SV and CS.

AV scored 28 pts vs CS and allowed 14
GR scored 35 pts vs CS and allowed 28

AV scored 20 pts vs SV and allowed 32
GR scored 30 pts vs SV and allowed 48 (one of the TDs for SV was a fumble recovery in the EZ.)

AV isn't the only team ready for this game. GR is just as hungry. They are coming off a loss to SV as well and they've had 2 weeks to heal and prepare for AV.

Advantage GR IMO. Here's why.
GR wants revenge for last years loss to AV, they will be prepared
GR is also coming off a loss to SV that they felt they had a chance to win
GR is playing at home
GR feels this is their best team in over a decade and I beleive it is

AV has just as good of a chance to win if they limit turnovers and penalties. But if both teams execute very well, GR has the edge.
Glen Rose gave up 13 points in the last half of the 4th quarter... :vrycnfsd: That doesn't exactly give alot of credit to the Tigers defense.

hollywood
10-25-2012, 08:55 AM
What's funny is Alvarado was within 25-20 late (not midway) through the fourth quarter. Stephenville scored that final touchdown with less than two minutes left. If (and yes, I realize it is an IF) Alvarado stops Stephenville on any of the several third down plays on the last drive the Indians are down five with the ball with around four minutes left. Don't pretend Alvarado wasn't in that game.

I don't think anyone is trying to compare Alvarado's offense to Glen Rose's offense. The question is how will GR offense compare to Alv defense.

Exactly. AV was in the game with SV no doubt. But we all know if we shoulda coulda woulda, it would have been a different outcome. SV committed more mistakes than AV and still won by 12 pts. If AV hits the flea flicker it would have given them a better chance to go ahead.

Point being, GR has IMO just as potent offense as SV. AV has proved it cannot stop the spread. AV will have to possess the ball and keep it out of GR possession to win. IMO it will come down to GR's defense.

It won't be how GR offense compares to AV defense... but more like how AV offense compares to GR's defense. GR will get their points on offense.

hollywood
10-25-2012, 08:57 AM
Glen Rose gave up 13 points in the last half of the 4th quarter... :vrycnfsd: That doesn't exactly give alot of credit to the Tigers defense.

SV scored 7 on a fumble by GR in the endzone. ;)

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-25-2012, 05:11 PM
Do I need to say something totally off the wall to spice this up? Come on posters!!!!!

Smitty
10-25-2012, 05:26 PM

If you want to play the "what if game" what if Stephenville did not fumble on the one yard line when they were clearly goig to score....just sayin!

toddg
10-25-2012, 05:36 PM
What if "ifs" and "buts" we're candy and nuts?

Sville
10-25-2012, 05:51 PM
What if "ifs" and "buts" we're candy and nuts?

We would all have a Merry Christmas

defense51
10-25-2012, 06:07 PM
SV scored 7 on a fumble by GR in the endzone. ;)

So the defense faltered and the offense lost the ball in their own endzone. Either way it doesn't put a positive spin on the Tigers game.

Indian 1985
10-25-2012, 06:31 PM
This time tomorrow, the stands will be packed. :1popcorn:

toddg
10-25-2012, 07:30 PM
Freshman Indians just won 28-18
JV is fixin to put the whuppin on, it won't be pretty.. I'm sure the 7 th and 8 th graders won, haven't heard from that son yet.. But all the JH teams won pretty handily last time against GR a couple of weeks ago... It will be a clean sweep!!

freshman indians just won 28-18
jv is fixin to put the whuppin on, it won't be pretty.. I'm sure the 7 th and 8 th graders won, haven't heard from that son yet.. But all the jh teams won pretty handily last time against gr a couple of weeks ago... It will be a clean sweep!!

true

Extiger12
10-25-2012, 08:16 PM
JV is fixin to put the whuppin on, it won't be pretty.. I'm sure the 7 th and 8 th graders won, haven't heard from that son yet.. But all the JH teams won pretty handily last time against GR a couple of weeks ago... It will be a clean sweep!!

I wouldn't rely on tonight's scores for tomorrow's outcome! Just saying.... :stirpot::1popcorn::blahblah:

83Indian
10-25-2012, 08:19 PM

Jv was up 7 to 0 at half. 95 yard drive before end of half stalled on 15 yard penalty on GR 5 yard line

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-25-2012, 08:20 PM
If you want to play the "what if game" what if Stephenville did not fumble on the one yard line when they were clearly goig to score....just sayin!

Yeah what if Alvarado wouldnt have had that long run putting us close to the redzone called back? Or what if our flea flicker would have worked? What if my sons long run wouldnt have been called back? hmm What if that facemask penalty (which clearly never happened with 8 people sacking the qb) wouldnt have given them that 1st down? what if what if... They won.. period.. We both may be playing in the SC in Dec. Go SV! Wouldnt that be awesome!

83Indian
10-25-2012, 08:32 PM
Yeah what if Alvarado wouldnt have had that long run putting us close to the redzone called back? Or what if our flea flicker would have worked? What if my sons long run wouldnt have been called back? hmm What if that facemask penalty (which clearly never happened with 8 people sacking the qb) wouldnt have given them that 1st down? what if what if... They won.. period.. We both may be playing in the SC in Dec. Go SV! Wouldnt that be awesome!

I agree BTW, we are playing GR tomorrow.

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-25-2012, 08:39 PM
I agree BTW, we are playing GR tomorrow.

Right........ back to the massacre tomorrow night! lol. Glen Rose buckle up those chin straps! Alvarado hits pretty hard.

83Indian
10-25-2012, 08:44 PM
Right........ back to the massacre tomorrow night! lol. Glen Rose buckle up those chin straps! Alvarado hits pretty hard.

Glen Rose scores the fewest points and has the least yards in a game this year tomorrow night.

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-25-2012, 08:50 PM
Glen Rose scores the fewest points and has the least yards in a game this year tomorrow night.My predictions will hold true!!!! where are all the Glen Rose faithful..

Lions88
10-25-2012, 08:52 PM

Did yall not learn your lesson last week? You arent going to massacre them.. they are good you know ;) I got yall by 7 .....21-14

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-25-2012, 09:09 PM
Did yall not learn your lesson last week? You arent going to massacre them.. they are good you know ;) I got yall by 7 .....21-14

The wind will be a howling.. Good luck with that passing game lol.. If you dont think the wind will affect it youre dead wrong.. 38-14 ALVARADO.

toddg
10-25-2012, 09:56 PM
I wouldn't rely on tonight's scores for tomorrow's outcome! Just saying.... :stirpot::1popcorn::blahblah:

http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/12177/fortune-teller-smiley.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)the gyptsy says...Indians by 14

hollywood
10-25-2012, 10:08 PM
toddg, defense51, COBRAFOOTBALL... Don't forget to post pics of y'all wearing those beautiful blue and gold t-shirts! ;)
You didn't fair too well in your predictions last week. Maybe you'll get it right one of these days. Could tomorrow be the day??
Hmmm :thinking:

toddg
10-25-2012, 10:33 PM
toddg, defense51, COBRAFOOTBALL... Don't forget to post pics of y'all wearing those beautiful blue and gold t-shirts! ;)
You didn't fair too well in your predictions last week. Maybe you'll get it right one of these days. Could tomorrow be the day??

I'll be blingin, while the Indians are bringin!!http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/10172/bling.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

Bug Truck
10-25-2012, 11:17 PM
Gr by 14 in this one and I will miss the game for my sons wedding.

toddg
10-25-2012, 11:30 PM
Gr by 14 in this one and I will miss the game for my sons wedding.

congrats to your son!! and to you for gaining a daughter!

Bug Truck
10-25-2012, 11:42 PM
Wind won't be a problem tomorrow Arena blocks off most of the north side except for the visitors stands.

toddg
10-25-2012, 11:52 PM
Wind won't be a problem tomorrow Arena blocks off most of the north side except for the visitors stands.

touche'! going to be a good game.

Bug Truck
10-25-2012, 11:59 PM
Offcourse the visitors stand were the home stands for years till some genius decides they should switch sides and we can be one of few schools in the state to look into the sun on the home side . Switched in the late 80s

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-26-2012, 06:00 AM

I have mine ready... lol. Beat up on those pretenders in Venus! Go SV!

GrTigers6
10-26-2012, 06:39 AM
Just something to ponder for you Indian folk, We are not a one dimensional team, We are balanced run and pass team. We also have a very good short passing game that we can use if wind or rain becomes an issue. Going to be a Hell of a game! And we are gearing up for what looks to be the largest crowd we have ever had here. And we had Plano West vs Abilene Cooper here in '08. you shouldnt have to worry about being cold. There will be enough people and Hot air around. LOL

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-26-2012, 07:30 AM

Oh yeah! dang it! Yall have to have that awesome stadium.. lol.. Wish big A would do something like that.

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-26-2012, 07:31 AM
Just something to ponder for you Indian folk, We are not a one dimensional team, We are balanced run and pass team. We also have a very good short passing game that we can use if wind or rain becomes an issue. Going to be a Hell of a game! And we are gearing up for what looks to be the largest crowd we have ever had here. And we had Plano West vs Abilene Cooper here in '08. you shouldnt have to worry about being cold. There will be enough people and Hot air around. LOL

Are you going to be there?

GrTigers6
10-26-2012, 07:46 AM
Are you going to be there?
No unfortunately I have a game at temple Christian. So someone will have to give me updates at half and final. Because that's the only time I can look. Lol. Probably wouldn't be good standing on the sideline pausing the game to check the downlow! Lol

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-26-2012, 08:49 AM
No unfortunately I have a game at temple Christian. So someone will have to give me updates at half and final. Because that's the only time I can look. Lol. Probably wouldn't be good standing on the sideline pausing the game to check the downlow! Lol

I'll keep ya posted

hollywood
10-26-2012, 09:07 AM
I have mine ready... lol. Beat up on those pretenders in Venus! Go SV!

Ready and on your body! lol We need proof you are wearing it. You earned it!! :clap:

Who's Venus?! ;) If y'alls game is close at halftime, I'm planning on driving over to catch the second half.

Ville-D
10-26-2012, 09:49 AM
Ready and on your body! lol We need proof you are wearing it. You earned it!! :clap:

Who's Venus?! ;) If y'alls game is close at halftime, I'm planning on driving over to catch the second half.

With this cold weather you need to figure out how to keep the shirts visible. Don't cop out and wear your huge winter coat...

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-26-2012, 11:02 AM
With this cold weather you need to figure out how to keep the shirts visible. Don't cop out and wear your huge winter coat...
Mine will b visible.

ccmom
10-26-2012, 11:33 AM
Mine will b visible.

Pictures! Pictures!!!

Sville
10-26-2012, 12:03 PM
Pictures! Pictures!!!

I cannot wait to see ToddG in his Honeybee Bling!

toddg
10-26-2012, 01:41 PM
I cannot wait to see ToddG in his Honeybee Bling!

Go HoneyBees! Buuuuuuuzzzz!! The Tigers better strap it on, its hitting weather...and thats what the Indians do best!!

(for some reason i have The Ventures song "walk, dont run" in my brain...)

refereedoc
10-26-2012, 02:20 PM
Go HoneyBees! Buuuuuuuzzzz!! The Tigers better strap it on, its hitting weather...and thats what the Indians do best!!

(for some reason i have The Ventures song "walk, dont run" in my brain...)

Please leave it in your brain :). Give them fits tonight!

defense51
10-26-2012, 02:26 PM

Who's Venus?! ;) If y'alls game is close at halftime, I'm planning on driving over to catch the second half. I slept in my Stephenville T-shirt last night, hope it helps the Indians game more than it did mine... :devil: Mrs. defense51 wasn't impressed

Rabid Cougar
10-26-2012, 02:39 PM

Don't take anything off Eddie and Joe.

Extiger12
10-26-2012, 02:50 PM
Wish I could be there tonight! Can't imagine how packed its going to be! GR nation will be live tonight no matter where they are at!

toddg
10-26-2012, 02:55 PM
Wish I could be there tonight! Can't imagine how packed its going to be! GR nation will be live tonight no matter where they are at!

where you going to be?

Extiger12
10-26-2012, 03:35 PM
where you going to be?

I'm actually in corpus with a college friend. Going to a concert series last night was casey donahew , tonight five card draw, tomorrow Brandon rhyder. Got free tickets! Oh and I couldn't get a ride to gr so I just came here.

regaleagle
10-26-2012, 03:44 PM
I think tonite the Tigers faithful should be allowed to wear their Rose-colored glasses, LOL. It should be a great game. Good luck to both teams.

P.S.>>>>I'm wearing mine right now.

Bug Truck
10-26-2012, 03:58 PM
Should be a great game tonight , all I have left in high school is a girl and she wont give up volleyball or basketball for football. Hope both teams come out healthy for another meeting in the playoffs.

tres beauties
10-26-2012, 04:14 PM
I will say this for Alvarado, they continued what I saw against FWSW, they are the best tackling defense I have seen this year. This is going to be such a fun match-up. BTW- Does GR have a radio broadcast?

Alvarado also has a broadcast on their school website: alvaradoisd.net. Click on the helmet. You can also log in and chat (if the upgrade has been completed by the software company). If you chat, please keep it clean.

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-26-2012, 04:39 PM
WELL 3 hrs til kickoff.. Its a cool windy day. Good luck to all.. headed to GR now..

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-26-2012, 04:43 PM
here is the link to the game tonight..

http://www.meridix.com/mbp/football/index.php?liveid=AlvaradoHighSchool&recordid=32354&event_position&event_type=football

hollywood
10-26-2012, 04:52 PM
WELL 3 hrs til kickoff.. Its a cool windy day. Good luck to all.. headed to GR now..

Safe travels COBRA!! Good luck tonight and I'll be routing for #8 to have a good game!! As for his teammates, I guess them too. ;)

Indian 1985
10-26-2012, 04:56 PM

Hope to see you at the game tonight! (Sporting your Jacket bling)

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-26-2012, 05:03 PM
Safe travels COBRA!! Good luck tonight and I'll be routing for #8 to have a good game!! As for his teammates, I guess them too. ;)

Alvarado is gunna need him!

toddg
10-26-2012, 05:19 PM
headed that way in a few...hopeing for a injury free game, and that good sportsmanship prevails as always..GO BIG A!!!

GrTigers6
10-26-2012, 05:50 PM
Don't take anything off Eddie and Joe.
Coaches?

GrTigers6
10-26-2012, 05:51 PM
Wish I was there! Or where extiger12 is at least lol

defense51
10-26-2012, 06:04 PM
Fear

The

Spear!

GrTigers6
10-26-2012, 06:07 PM
[QUOTE=defense51;

The

Spear![/QUOTE]i thought it was fear the beard! LOL

defense51
10-26-2012, 06:23 PM
i thought it was fear the beard! LOL

You lost me on that GrTigers6.

GrTigers6
10-26-2012, 06:47 PM
You lost me on that GrTigers6.

Giants/ rangers World Series the closer for the giants lol

defense51
10-26-2012, 07:04 PM
Giants/ rangers World Series the closer for the giants lol

Now I got it, I'm a little slow.

Extiger12
10-26-2012, 07:26 PM
Wish I was there! Or where extiger12 is at least lol

Either place is fine with me! But right now I'm wishing I'm at the game but tomorrow I'll be fine with some Brandon rhyder! Haha

Indian 1985
10-26-2012, 09:42 PM
GR- 34
ALV- 21
7:03 left in the game

Indian 1985
10-26-2012, 09:52 PM
GR- 41
ALV- 21
3:44 left in the game

luck favors the prepared!! #2 in district means #1 draw in playoffs since both teams go DII this year..and the way the brackets are shaping up..means a lot!
should be another great game, with alot on the line...so get your dukes up Glen Rose..the NDNs will be ready to go 4 qtrs of battle.

Alvarado has a good team but GR put it on them. I bet the kicker punter was a problem with field position. And the D shouldn't get it done.

Indian 1985
10-26-2012, 10:09 PM
Final
GR- 41
ALV- 28

regaleagle
10-26-2012, 10:45 PM

Well, I wasn't far off in this one. Welcome to the playoffs Glen Rose. Alvarado may not have played their best game, but that's usually the case when you play a good team.

Well, I wasn't far off in this one. Welcome to the playoffs Geln Rose. Alvarado may not have played their best game, but that's usually the case when you play a good team.

Tell it like it is big dog. Dang where did all the Alvarillo peeps go?

Sville
10-26-2012, 10:53 PM
Glen Rose is a legit contender to win region 1 and even more. They are the best team we have played up to this point.

bignasty55
10-26-2012, 10:59 PM
Indians go down, G.R. Offense proved to be too much for the Indian D.

Straight up win, no woulda, coulda, shoulda's.

Indian 1985
10-26-2012, 11:17 PM
Tell it like it is big dog. Dang where did all the Alvarillo peeps go?

It is called driving home. Just got in.
GR played a damn good game! The tribe, not so much.
Kudos to Glenrose!

GrTigers6
10-26-2012, 11:20 PM
Kudos to Glenrose!

Yeah I saw all of yall on the way home from my game! Lots of headlights headed back east!

defense51
10-26-2012, 11:31 PM
Tigers executed their game plan, Indians did not! Congrats to Glen Rose on a well played 48 minutes of football.

Rabid Cougar
10-26-2012, 11:33 PM
Coaches?
Principal and Coach. Both my old coaches at Cameron.

Kudos to Glenrose!

Hey everyone this is just a wake up call to show the new District of Doom runs down highway 67 and ends in Stephenville. I'm proud of Glen Rose and Alvarado and we represent Texas High School Football with class and respect for the game.
There is something to say for towns who live and breath football and I just want everyone to know even though Stephenville is Cocky and sometimes annoying we respect the game and teams who bring it.
Many Texas teams are exactly the same and that's what makes Football Football.
We are putting hard work ethics and sportsmanship in our youth and should be proud to call Texas home. GOD BLESS TEXAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL.

defense51
10-26-2012, 11:38 PM
Hey everyone this is just a wake up call to shown the new District of Doom runs down highway 67 and ends in Stephenville. I'm proud of Glen Rose and Alvarado and we represent Texas High School Football with class and respect for the game.
There is something to say for towns who live and breath football and I just want everyone to know even though Stephenville is Cocky and sometimes annoying we respect the game and teams who bring it.
Many Texas teams are exactly the same and that's what makes Football Football.
We are putting hard work ethics and sportsmanship in our youth and should be proud to call Texas home. GOD BLESS TEXAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL.
Well said Ville !!!

83Indian
10-26-2012, 11:48 PM
Alvarado has a good team but GR put it on them. I bet the kicker punter was a problem with field position. And the D shouldn't get it done.

Punt before end of half was a shank. Gave them ball on the 49. Im not sure it mattered tho. We couldnt stop them all night.

All we needed was two stops and we probably win. I dont expect to see anyone in the playoffs with this kind of offensive passing game. I think we will be just fine and could get a rematch with Glen Rose. I also think the top half of the playoff bracket might be an easier road than the bottom. We will see

Ville-D
10-27-2012, 12:09 AM
I caught the 4th quarter of this one... It was out of hand when I got there. It was good seeing Cobra and Todd. And nice meeting you Indian 1985.

Indian 1985
10-27-2012, 12:17 AM
Tigers executed their game plan, Indians did not! Congrats to Glen Rose on a well played 48 minutes of football.

Indeed!
The Tigers looked sharp and had only a few mistakes. Their 3rd down conversions, and their almost flawless passing game killed us all night.
The Indians were lackluster at best, and did nothing to adjust to the pass attack. As usual, #8, Lee Hardy had a good performance, but the team as a whole, fell flat.
The referees were not that great either. There were uncalled penalties, on both sides, that were pretty obvious.
Just to be fair, I saw an Alvarado player commit an obvious hold, right in front of an official, with no flag.

For the record, we got our asses handed to us. No excuses.
Glenrose is the better team, and they deserved to win tonight.

Indian 1985
10-27-2012, 12:19 AM
I caught the 4th quarter of this one... It was out of hand when I got there. It was good seeing Cobra and Todd. And nice meeting you Indian 1985.

It was great to meet you too!
I hope Stephenville can take it all the way this year!

83Indian
10-27-2012, 12:28 AM
Indeed!
The Tigers looked sharp and had only a few mistakes. Their 3rd down conversions, and their almost flawless passing game killed us all night.
The Indians were lackluster at best, and did nothing to adjust to the pass attack. As usual, #8, Lee Hardy had a good performance, but the team as a whole, fell flat.
The referees were not that great either. There were uncalled penalties, on both sides, that were pretty obvious.
Just to be fair, I saw an Alvarado player commit an obvious hold, right in front of an official, with no flag.

For the record, we got our asses handed to us. No excuses.
Glenrose is the better team, and they deserved to win tonight.

Kenny West played probably his best game this year. He had two big dropped passes on third down plays that stalled two drives. Also converted several third downs running the ball. Kenny plays this way the rest of the way, we have a good shot.

hollywood
10-27-2012, 07:35 AM
In a big game like this, I'm going with offense. I should be going with defense, but GR showed their strong suit against Stephenville. I like GR to get the big quick-strike plays vs. Alvarado's pound it style game. Alvarado may break a few themselves, but I like GR's chances better. Everytime they have a possession, all the way up to the end of the half and the game, they have that big play ability to score. That puts tremendous pressure on the opposing defense all night, and gives GR more options out of the playbook. I would call GR very dangerous. I'm saying maybe a 10 pt. victory here by GR.....38-28.

:thumbsup: Good job skipper

hollywood
10-27-2012, 07:38 AM

GR 37
AV 26

:clap: I told you boys and girls GR would get their points. It didn't come down to defense as much as offense. GR has a dang good offense eh? Most points scored on AV in over 2 years. Once you get a running team out of their comfort zone, a balanced spread offense can say Katy bar the door baby! :1popcorn: :D

hollywood
10-27-2012, 07:47 AM
GR RB #22 is their best athlete. He is one of the best backs in the district. Runs very hard and can take it to the house if he gets loose. But, having said that, he'll have a hard time getting past the AV D-line and LB's! ;)

Fun match up for sure!

What'd you think about #22 AV peeps? Best back on the district? Tough player and the kid can take it to the house!

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-27-2012, 10:08 AM
What'd you think about #22 AV peeps? Best back on the district? Tough player and the kid can take it to the house!

Hes a good one.. But Im still going with my boy as best. You have never sen heart like #8 showed last night.. Even beat up he Made 1st down after 1st down on second efforts. I think anyone that saw the game will agree. But then I am Partial.. All kidding aside.. #22 is a great player.. Congrats Glenn Rose.. See you again in the Reg 1 Div finals.

GrTigers6
10-27-2012, 10:43 AM
Principal and Coach. Both my old coaches at Cameron.
Oh ok well it wasn't pretty. Lol 56-0 loss