PDA

View Full Version : Burnet Stadium

BurnetBulldog
08-31-2003, 10:53 AM
Anyone from Burnet care to answer this? I've heard there is a proposed bond to build a new school (about time.) Are they also building a decent/suitable stadium to hold the ever growing crowd?

bd0707
08-31-2003, 11:09 AM
With Stadium Expansion having gone on for the last 2 years I don't think they will build a new stadium. The new Highschool will be in close proximity to the old. It is my understanding that the new school will be built on property behind the softball field. If they ever do any more stadium expansion I hope they will consider making the current home side the new visitor side, and build an entirely new homeside on the current visitor side, this will take the direct sun out of the eyes of home team fans in early season games. I guess there would be trade off in that we would then have north winds in our face in the winter. Oh well they may as well just go ahead and build a dome so everyone will be happy. :D :D :D :D

Burnet Dawg06
08-31-2003, 11:12 AM
Yeah, they are building a new high school, they actually brok ground on it last Thursday. I haven't heard about a new stadium though.

<small>[ August 31, 2003, 11:43 AM: Message edited by: Burnet Dawg06 ]</small>

Dawgystyle
08-31-2003, 07:46 PM
Just like has already been said. They broke ground on the new school last week. Slated for opening mid Spring 05. They are building a new Varsity locker room at the east end zone for sure. Not sure when it will be ready but I bet if we stay at #1 it will be ready for next season. They are also separating the home and visitor entrance gates. This is a 4A requirement and they are preparing for the inevitable. Haven't heard about any other stadium expansion. Short of starting over the only way they can go on the home side is up.

BurnetBulldog
08-31-2003, 10:16 PM
They really need to do some serious adding of stadium seating. This is an ongoing issue for the last few years. You'd think this would have been part of the Bond.

Chris Hart
08-31-2003, 10:21 PM
I read in the Burnet Bulletin where the stadium capacity is about 7,000. I would say the home side seats around 5,000 and it hasn't been near enough. I'm glad I have my reserved seats! :)

BurnetBulldog
08-31-2003, 10:21 PM
Now that I think about it...a dome would be nice...yeah and a jumbotron...artificial turf (no wait turf toe)...retractable roof... wink

BurnetBulldog
08-31-2003, 10:22 PM
How much are reserved and I'm assuming they get sold out before the year starts...right Chris?

Chris Hart
08-31-2003, 10:33 PM
$48 a year for the 6 home games(that is for the upper section seats with the backs on them). The ones my family has are $42 a year for 50 yd. line seats, I don't what kind of luck you would have getting any now as we were packed in like sardines Friday night. It sure wouldn't hurt to try though, it's alot better than having to stand during the game. Good Luck!

HotDawg89
08-31-2003, 10:33 PM
This year even the reserved "parking" places were sold out. Reserved seats are $8.00 per seat, per game. The more home games, the more expensive they are... But they are totally worth it. I have never seen so many people standing to watch a game in all my life, wait- maybe at the NASCAR races where I don't even know why they have seats... but anyway- yes the seating has been an issue for a longtime. They have added more seats, twice last year. The fans just keep growing so fast! It's like a population of rabbits.

We get to the game an hour early, and we have reserved seating. The people who don't have reserved seating should plan to arrive at the Burnet games around 5:45 to make sure they have a seat...otherwise they are S.O.L.!!! And don't leave for anything to drink before the game starts...

Thanks for the tip about Bandera- I guess we'll be leaving around 2:00pm to stand in line!

bd0707
08-31-2003, 10:35 PM
They are $48.00 per seat with a back. I forget hpw the reserved parking pass was, but it's well worth the price.

espn1
08-31-2003, 10:39 PM
I think it was $24.00

Burnet Dawg06
08-31-2003, 11:06 PM
Wow, I'm glad I don't have to worry about where I sit! I have my seat reserved and it's free! Lol