PDA

View Full Version : District 4

ccmom
10-22-2012, 07:15 PM
Let's see....

Wylie....2-0...beat Big Spring and Monahans (in a nail biter)

Monahans....1-1...beat Greenwood, lost to Wylie

Sweetwater...1-1...beat Snyder, lost to Greenwood

Greenwood...1-1...lost to Monahans, beat Sweetwater

Snyder...1-1...lost to Sweetwater, beat Big Spring

Big Spring...came into district play undefeated but is now 0-2 with losses to Wylie and Snyder.

The next 3 weeks will be interesting for sure!! Any predictions re: how it will all end up?

83Indian
10-22-2012, 07:49 PM
Let's see....

Wylie....2-0...beat Big Spring and Monahans (in a nail biter)

Monahans....1-1...beat Greenwood, lost to Wylie

Sweetwater...1-1...beat Snyder, lost to Greenwood

Greenwood...1-1...lost to Monahans, beat Sweetwater

Snyder...1-1...lost to Sweetwater, beat Big Spring

Big Spring...came into district play undefeated but is now 0-2 with losses to Wylie and Snyder.

The next 3 weeks will be interesting for sure!! Any predictions re: how it will all end up?

Wylie
Monahans
Big Spring - I think ties with a 2 - 3 record but wins on point differential??

ccmom
10-22-2012, 08:28 PM
Wylie
Monahans
Big Spring - I think ties with a 2 - 3
record but wins on point differential?? I think Big Spring vs Monahans could be interesting. Also, I think it will be interesting to see how Snyder fares from here on out. Did they play above themselves vs BS and/or was BS overlooking them OR has Snyder suddenly flipped the switch this season? I never count out Sweetwater...lots of rich tradition there and rivalry between Snyder/Sweetwater/Wylie. Greenwood dang near beat Monahans and I expect them to be tough this Friday.

Im ready for our team to be healthy and looking forward to several more weeks of football! (crossing fingers!)

ccmom
10-23-2012, 01:04 PM
I see that Matt Stepp predicts the three playoff teams to be Wylie, Monahans and Greenwood.

Sweetwater Red's barber predicts it will be Wylie, Monahans and Big Spring.

Interesting...:thinking:

Matthew328
10-23-2012, 01:08 PM
Big Spring has put themselves in a major hole...I dont know if they can climb out if it...if Big Spring does beat Greenwood in Week 9 it opens things up..I think this week the loser of Big Spring-Sweetwater is done...

toddg
10-23-2012, 01:26 PM
i expected Snyder to struggle thru the first half of their season..looks like they getting it together..i just hope it isnt too little too late in district for them..the loss to sweetwater put them in a bind..will be interesting to see this thing play out!

Ville-D
10-23-2012, 01:38 PM
Big Spring has put themselves in a major hole...I dont know if they can climb out if it...if Big Spring does beat Greenwood in Week 9 it opens things up..I think this week the loser of Big Spring-Sweetwater is done...

Go Sweetwater.

upper20
10-23-2012, 05:05 PM
I think Big Spring vs Monahans could be interesting. Also, I think it will be interesting to see how Snyder fares from here on out. Did they play above themselves vs BS and/or was BS overlooking them OR has Snyder suddenly flipped the switch this season? I never count out Sweetwater...lots of rich tradition there and rivalry between Snyder/Sweetwater/Wylie. Greenwood dang near beat Monahans and I expect them to be tough this Friday.

Im ready for our team to be healthy and looking forward to several more weeks of football! (crossing fingers!)

I had the same questions and would be interested in hearing more about Big Spring vs Snyder. Also, heard that at the Junior High level, Big Spring lost ~50 to grades before last week's games -- wonder if Varsity was impacted as well?

slingshot
10-23-2012, 06:04 PM
Go Sweetwater.

...be careful what you wish for. :wave:

hollywood
10-23-2012, 10:29 PM

Stephenville owns Abilene Wylie

ccmom
10-23-2012, 11:08 PM
Stephenville owns Abilene Wylie

On that note, in our 2010 and 2011 "down years" by our standards, each time we played Sville and Alv, I would find myself thinking that each of those games would have been a war, if we had been playing with the Wylie teams of several consecutive seasons from prior to 2010. Especially in our first meeting with Alv. Anyway, these are all what ifs, and meaningless. I'm excited about the possible match up with Alv or Sville with the 2012 Bulldogs. I think if we are back to close to full strength and continuing to execute well, either of those scenarios could make for a damn good football game. At this point I won't be so bold as to make a prediction, but I do hope to see us play district 8. Great fans, great teams....what it's all about!

slingshot
10-23-2012, 11:19 PM
Stephenville owns Abilene Wylie...just like Brownwood does? :rolleyes: Turncoat.

hollywood
10-23-2012, 11:36 PM
...just like Brownwood does? :rolleyes: Turncoat.

Just stating a fact slingshot. ;)

hollywood
10-23-2012, 11:37 PM
On that note, in our 2010 and 2011 "down years" by our standards, each time we played Sville and Alv, I would find myself thinking that each of those games would have been a war, if we had been playing with the Wylie teams of several consecutive seasons from prior to 2010. Especially in our first meeting with Alv. Anyway, these are all what ifs, and meaningless. I'm excited about the possible match up with Alv or Sville with the 2012 Bulldogs. I think if we are back to close to full strength and continuing to execute well, either of those scenarios could make for a damn good football game. At this point I won't be so bold as to make a prediction, but I do hope to see us play district 8. Great fans, great teams....what it's all about!

Yep, I agree. That 09 team was awesome! Will be a war if they meet... SV vs AW.

Pendragon13
10-25-2012, 11:37 AM
Yep, I agree. That 09 team was awesome! Will be a war if they meet... SV vs AW.It took about 6 games before I was ready to say it...but I think this years team is an equal to the 09 team in pretty much every area, but with a lot more size/strength on the o-line. We really need to get certain players back on the field though..

Comparing this team to the one ya'll played last year is only going to be trouble....we had a fresh injection of talent to go along with returning players that are stronger/faster.

Ville-D
10-25-2012, 03:07 PM

To be the best you have to beat the best. I want all the best teams to go D1 so at the end of the season there is no doubt. Whether it is Wylie, Navasota, Carthage, La Vega, Stephenville, ect...

Smitty
10-25-2012, 05:41 PM
To be the best you have to beat the best. I want all the best teams to go D1 so at the end of the season there is no doubt. Whether it is Wylie, Navasota, Carthage, La Vega, Stephenville, ect...

:iagree:

ccmom
10-26-2012, 10:38 PM
District standings as of 10-26

Wylie 3-0 (wins over Big Spring, Monahans and Greenwood)
Sweetwater 2-1 (Wins over Snyder and Big Spring, loss to Greenwood)
Monahans 2-1 (Wins over Greenwood and Snyder, loss to Wylie)
Greenwood 1-2 (Win over Sweetwater, losses to Monahans and Wylie)
Snyder 1-2 (Win over Big Spring, losses to Sweetwater and Monahans)
Big Spring 0-3 (losses to Wylie, Snyder and Sweetwater)

Two weeks to go...fun stuff!!

ccmom
11-02-2012, 10:58 PM
Standings

Wylie 4-0
Monahans 3-1
Greenwood 2-2
Sweetwater 2-2
Snyder 1-3
Big Spring 0-4

cr180t
11-02-2012, 11:59 PM
What was sweetwater greenwood score

Ville-D
11-03-2012, 12:03 AM
What was sweetwater greenwood score

Form week 7?

SW 13
GW 31

cr180t
11-03-2012, 12:17 AM
Anyone know the dist points cap

ccmom
11-05-2012, 10:15 AM
Anyone know the dist points cap

Don't you have any of your old connections in this district?? ;)

cr180t
11-05-2012, 10:34 AM
Not anymore. I was just trying to research it for a friend.

ccmom
11-05-2012, 10:44 AM
Not anymore. I was just trying to research it for a friend.

You have friends now? Gosh things must be looking up!!;)

I have no idea what the point cap is for this new district. Fortunately, it doesn't affect us this go around. Whew....:D

Matthew328
11-05-2012, 10:48 AM
positive negative 21

ccmom
11-05-2012, 10:56 AM
positive negative 21

Care to break down the possibilites for us?

Sweetwater Red
11-05-2012, 01:15 PM
My barber's pics

Abilene Wylie by 27 vs. Sweetwater

Monahans by 26 vs. Big Spring

Midland Greenwood by 7 vs. Snyder

cr180t
11-05-2012, 04:03 PM
You have friends now? Gosh things must be looking up!!;)

I have no idea what the point cap is for this new district. Fortunately, it doesn't affect us this go around. Whew....:D

I said a FRIEND. You know better

Matthew328
11-05-2012, 04:25 PM
Care to break down the possibilites for us?

Here's the standings

Abilene Wylie 4-0
Monahans 3-1
Midland Greenwood 2-2
Sweetwater 2-2
Snyder 1-3
Big Spring 0-4

Monahans and Abilene Wylie are in and Big Spring is eliminated

The district has a positive/negative 21 point cap for 3 ways ties;

As it stands right now:

Midland Greenwood is +18
Snyder is -7
Sweetwater is -11

If Midland Greenwood wins they are in straight up
Midland Greenwood can also get in with a loss by 12 or less to Snyder and a Sweetwater loss to Abilene Wylie

Sweetwater needs to beat Abilene Wylie and hope Greenwood loses to Snyder

Snyder needs Sweetwater to lose to Abilene Wylie and they need to beat Greenwood by 13 or more points

ccmom
11-05-2012, 06:16 PM
Thanks. :thumbsup:

ccmom
11-05-2012, 06:17 PM
I said a FRIEND. You know better
Haha. You will always have Black Magic. ;)

Sweetwater Red
11-06-2012, 09:19 AM
Here's the standings

Abilene Wylie 4-0
Monahans 3-1
Midland Greenwood 2-2
Sweetwater 2-2
Snyder 1-3
Big Spring 0-4

Monahans and Abilene Wylie are in and Big Spring is eliminated

The district has a positive/negative 21 point cap for 3 ways ties;

As it stands right now:

Midland Greenwood is +18
Snyder is -7
Sweetwater is -11

If Midland Greenwood wins they are in straight up
Midland Greenwood can also get in with a loss by 12 or less to Snyder and a Sweetwater loss to Abilene Wylie

Sweetwater needs to beat Abilene Wylie and hope Greenwood loses to Snyder

Snyder needs Sweetwater to lose to Abilene Wylie and they need to beat Greenwood by 13 or more points

So you're saying we have a chance? :D

ccmom
11-06-2012, 10:38 AM
So you're saying we have a chance? :D

LOL...attaway to see the silver lining! :thumbsup: