PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill vs. Burnet

Pages : [1] 2

Bassact
10-22-2012, 06:19 PM
Time to move on folks.. Burnets waiting and looking for their first district win.
Pathers looking to sweep the battle of hwy 29..
regardless of injuries or records these 2 really don't like each other and is always a battle. Thats what happens when most of the kids know each other. A lot of family ties. This what makes HS football great!!

Panthers are butt hurt and Vance is pissed after the BW performamce/loss . We'll see how the tuff luv works out.

hookandladder
10-22-2012, 06:28 PM
This game will be over by the 3rd quarter, LH by 5 scores or more.

Rabid Cougar
10-22-2012, 08:40 PM
If it were 6 man it would be over at half time.

BLEEDZGREEN
10-22-2012, 11:21 PM
Not very many Burnet posters on the downlow so this thread won't get much action. To top it off Burnet is terrible this year, Burnet will play hard like always but there are just not enough weapons and not very much experience either. Although they are descent vs the run & LH is horrible vs the pass so it could be closer game than most think.

Ville-D
10-22-2012, 11:28 PM
What happened to Cam?

greendawg84
10-23-2012, 08:02 AM
What happened to Cam?

I dont know where that boy went , laying low from the downlow I guess.

I think the Hill wins and like Bleedz said it could be closer than some think. If I remember correct there were some that picked the Hill by 21 + against Bwood. ( I was one of them ) .

greendawg84
10-23-2012, 09:38 AM
panfan , I will still let you buy me a Bulldawg Burger and some pregame beverages .... and I guess you can bring that side kick LHPfactory with you.:wave:

LHPfactory
10-23-2012, 09:56 AM
Burnet is struggling, but after last week, im sure LH wont look at their record. They do have some young talent as do we.
This is a rivalry game in the dog house, always a tough place to win, especially for LH. LH should win, but this may be alot closer than most think.

Bleedzgreen, I wouldnt say that LH is horrible against the pass, they are mediocre with intermittent flashes of greatness... followed by intermittent break downs..... but not horrible.

Its said that you can count 1 loss for every sophmore you start on varsity, Im not sure of the total number of Sophs starting, but off the top of my head I know we have a Dback, Strong Tackle, and QB to name 3 starters. I know there are several more sophs on varsity, not sure of the total number starting though.

With that being said, this group will do better than the 1 loss per sophmore rule, im sure of it.

We also have some tuff seniors playing this year, they will have a big say in where this team goes.

buff4ever
10-23-2012, 10:05 AM
This could get ugly for Burnet. Last time LH lost this year, they answered back very pissed off, and their opponent didn't fair too well. I don't see this game being any different. It is often a match up thing when LH loses, and this won't be much of a match up disadvantage for LH so they will punish Burnet.

LHPfactory
10-23-2012, 10:09 AM
panfan , I will still let you buy me a Bulldawg Burger and some pregame beverages .... and I guess you can bring that side kick LHPfactory with you.:wave:

Burgers?, Im there...

LHPfactory
10-23-2012, 10:13 AM
This could get ugly for Burnet. Last time LH lost this year, they answered back very pissed off, and their opponent didn't fair too well. I don't see this game being any different. It is often a match up thing when LH loses, and this won't be much of a match up disadvantage for LH so they will punish Burnet.

I agree, but the intangibles of a rivalry game are what we wont know till the game is played.... so I will hold my tongue on this until its over.

Yall gonna take it out on LaGrange this week?

greendawg84
10-23-2012, 10:26 AM
Burnet is struggling, but after last week, im sure LH wont look at their record. They do have some young talent as do we.
This is a rivalry game in the dog house, always a tough place to win, especially for LH. LH should win, but this may be alot closer than most think.

Bleedzgreen, I wouldnt say that LH is horrible against the pass, they are mediocre with intermittent flashes of greatness... followed by intermittent break downs..... but not horrible.

Its said that you can count 1 loss for every sophmore you start on varsity, Im not sure of the total number of Sophs starting, but off the top of my head I know we have a Dback, Strong Tackle, and QB to name 3 starters. I know there are several more sophs on varsity, not sure of the total number starting though.

With that being said, this group will do better than the 1 loss per sophmore rule, im sure of it.

We also have some tuff seniors playing this year, they will have a big say in where this team goes.

You might be on to something there , we are starting 7 Sophs and will probably end up 3 - 7 . Never heard that before very interesting.

panfan
10-23-2012, 10:57 AM

I'll disagree with you here and point out a few things. Starting Sophs include: QB, defensive end, and DB. The DT was playing because the Jr/Sr tackle was injured. They have moved him out and moved another senior tackle into that slot (actually the other senior they moved to OT was a DE). QB is just a heck of an athlete and so far he has done a good job. DE does a good job and rotates in and out some with a junior (largely so both of them can be fresh since they are rushing so much of the time). DB has a couple of interceptions and overall does a good job there as well. Has he been burned, sure, but no more or less than the juniors or seniors.

The reason these three are starting is because they are either bigger, faster, or stronger (or all of the above) or flat out better than their respective Jr and senior peers at the position. Have these three made mistakes? You betcha. Any more than the Jr or seniors? Probably not. Seniors provide the leadership for these younger guys.

Pass defense - agree with you there. Has been a freakin roller coaster of good, bad, very good, and sloppy. When adjustments are made to stop the screen passes we seem to do much better, but the kids are runing the defense they are told to run until they are told to do something different.
Run defense - They stop the run, much of the time, and they are usually there in the right positions. Yes there are those times when we simply misread the run and its not stopped, but I think this is a function of proper tackling.
Tackling - mediocre at best. IMO this is the single largest issue the defense struggles with. Too many of them, seniors, juniors, and sophs want to tackle high or arm tackle. Simply are not going to bring down a 230 - 250 running back with a head of steam if you meet him up high or don't stick your helmet in his gut. Way to much arm tackling overall in my book.

KO team - we allow too much return yardage, which to me goes back to poor tackling.
KOR - We have had almost one KOR for a TD in most games and tend to do a fairly decent job there.
Extra points - We have one or more blocked or missed in each game. Blocking assignments are being missed, and the timing of the snap, hold, and kick (IMO) seems to be too slow.

Penalties - Killing us. This is a team-wide issue that requires disciplined play on both sides of the ball. I don't know the numbers, but it seems to me we have way too high a total yards lost due to penalties.

Offense - They racked up some big yardage, except when we faced the two very physical defenses (WT and BW). Sustaining blocks even a few seconds longer as done late in the 1st half and early 2nd half against BW resulted in very positive yardage. Somtimes to me, the play calling seems to be a bit too predictable which makes it easy for the defense.

These are just my thoughts. I'm sure some may disagree. Good thing is, all of these things can be fixed and I'm sure the coaches work each week to do just that. I see improvement each week in some facets, but its inconsistent. I believe the sting of last week's loss, the rivalry, the coaches making adjustments to deal with some of these isses will lend to an LH win.

Greendawg, since we were coming to ya'll house, I figured ya'll were springin' for burgers for all of us, just to show that Burnet hospitality!!!

Inmateboss
10-23-2012, 11:50 AM
Got to meet some real nice people from Burnet during 7 on 7!! Played real hard for late in the day, so gotta go with Burnet on this one!!

Expect to win, Play to win!!! Go Graham Steers
Go # 5

LHPfactory
10-23-2012, 11:57 AM
I'll disagree with you here and point out a few things. Starting Sophs include: QB, defensive end, and DB. The DT was playing because the Jr/Sr tackle was injured. They have moved him out and moved another senior tackle into that slot (actually the other senior they moved to OT was a DE). QB is just a heck of an athlete and so far he has done a good job. DE does a good job and rotates in and out some with a junior (largely so both of them can be fresh since they are rushing so much of the time). DB has a couple of interceptions and overall does a good job there as well. Has he been burned, sure, but no more or less than the juniors or seniors.

The reason these three are starting is because they are either bigger, faster, or stronger (or all of the above) or flat out better than their respective Jr and senior peers at the position. Have these three made mistakes? You betcha. Any more than the Jr or seniors? Probably not. Seniors provide the leadership for these younger guys.

Pass defense - agree with you there. Has been a freakin roller coaster of good, bad, very good, and sloppy. When adjustments are made to stop the screen passes we seem to do much better, but the kids are runing the defense they are told to run until they are told to do something different.
Run defense - They stop the run, much of the time, and they are usually there in the right positions. Yes there are those times when we simply misread the run and its not stopped, but I think this is a function of proper tackling.
Tackling - mediocre at best. IMO this is the single largest issue the defense struggles with. Too many of them, seniors, juniors, and sophs want to tackle high or arm tackle. Simply are not going to bring down a 230 - 250 running back with a head of steam if you meet him up high or don't stick your helmet in his gut. Way to much arm tackling overall in my book.

KO team - we allow too much return yardage, which to me goes back to poor tackling.
KOR - We have had almost one KOR for a TD in most games and tend to do a fairly decent job there.
Extra points - We have one or more blocked or missed in each game. Blocking assignments are being missed, and the timing of the snap, hold, and kick (IMO) seems to be too slow.

Penalties - Killing us. This is a team-wide issue that requires disciplined play on both sides of the ball. I don't know the numbers, but it seems to me we have way too high a total yards lost due to penalties.

Offense - They racked up some big yardage, except when we faced the two very physical defenses (WT and BW). Sustaining blocks even a few seconds longer as done late in the 1st half and early 2nd half against BW resulted in very positive yardage. Somtimes to me, the play calling seems to be a bit too predictable which makes it easy for the defense.

These are just my thoughts. I'm sure some may disagree. Good thing is, all of these things can be fixed and I'm sure the coaches work each week to do just that. I see improvement each week in some facets, but its inconsistent. I believe the sting of last week's loss, the rivalry, the coaches making adjustments to deal with some of these isses will lend to an LH win.

Greendawg, since we were coming to ya'll house, I figured ya'll were springin' for burgers for all of us, just to show that Burnet hospitality!!!

It sounds like we are on the same page, to clarify what I was saying when I said I believe we will do better than the 1 loss per soph, It meant I believe we will finish regular season 8-2, better meaning less than 1 loss per soph, not more than 1 per soph. That 1 loss per sophmore is commonly known amoung coaches and is usually the rule. I beleive we will end regular season with an exception. So we have around 4 sophs starting and if we finish 8-2 we do better than the 1 loss per soph rule. I thought the big Soph #75 is starting at ST... that is the QB, DE, DB, and ST... Right?

panfan
10-23-2012, 12:28 PM
It sounds like we are on the same page, to clarify what I was saying when I said I believe we will do better than the 1 loss per soph, It meant I believe we will finish regular season 8-2, better meaning less than 1 loss per soph, not more than 1 per soph. That 1 loss per sophmore is commonly known amoung coaches and is usually the rule. I beleive we will end regular season with an exception. So we have around 4 sophs starting and if we finish 8-2 we do better than the 1 loss per soph rule. I thought the big Soph #75 is starting at ST... that is the QB, DE, DB, and ST... Right?

Only three consistent starters are sophs. #75 was not starting, until the last two games. As I said injury to starting jr/Sr Strong tackle facilitated this. #75 has a lot learn, thus he is being replaced this week and was repalced later in the game against BW by a senior DE who also plays some OT. #75 will come around soon as he learns it aint' all just about size! I wasn't paying to much attention to that as the overall general mention, on this board by LH folks that some our woes are due to sophs. I just don't believe that to be the case. As a consistenly smaller team (physically smaller) than our opponents, year in and year out, we just have to execute better, with fewer mental let downs. Against BW and Giddings, and to some extent Wimberley, that didn't happen, and 2 out of those 3 are losses.

Cam
10-23-2012, 01:39 PM
This game will be over by the 3rd quarter, LH by 5 scores or more.

:eek:

Cam
10-23-2012, 01:40 PM
If it were 6 man it would be over at half time.

:eek::eek:

Cam
10-23-2012, 01:44 PM
What happened to Cam?

I'm here baby...I'm here....damn scooter broke down on a business trip to Baltimore!...I knew I shoulda given that stupid thing a tune up before I left!....Instead, I spent my money on painting it purple so them paintballs panfan is gonna hit me with won't show!!...that son-bitch!!....

panfan
10-23-2012, 01:48 PM
I'm here baby...I'm here....damn scooter broke down on a business trip to Baltimore!...I knew I shoulda given that stupid thing a tune up before I left!....Instead, I spent my money on painting it purple so them paintballs panfan is gonna hit me with won't show!!...that son-bitch!!....

I thought you had aged when I pulled up to a Hank Williams throw back hippie on a harley converted trike, with a red cooler for a seat. I about unloaded on the dude then thought, if that ain't CAM, I'm just wasting all these perfectly good paintballs for nuthin. Besides, his vietnam war look suggested to me that in that cooler he had some firepower!

Cam
10-23-2012, 01:49 PM

dangit buff...you still here?....I heard you moved!......have you painted that ugly ass buffalo that sits bout 1/4 mile from the stadium yet?......by the way, nice team ya'll got this year!!...

Cam
10-23-2012, 01:56 PM
Burgers?, Im there...

Just be careful....Greendawg has his cronies cookin' them things up.....and he'll tip them off as to who's from LH.....can you say "loogie in the meat"!!......:ack!:.......damn....maybe that's why that last one tasted a "little salty"!....damn you Greendawg!!

Cam
10-23-2012, 02:02 PM
[QUOTE=Inmateboss;1706343]Got to meet some real nice people from Burnet during 7 on 7!! Played real hard for late in the day, so gotta go with Burnet on this one!!

Nice people from Burnet huh?.......are you hearin' this Greendawg?.....shoot, you and me weren't even there!!...it's good to know we're not the only nicelies in Burnet..........

buff4ever
10-23-2012, 02:03 PM
Just be careful....Greendawg has his cronies cookin' them things up.....and he'll tip them off as to who's from LH.....can you say "loogie in the meat"!!......:ack!:.......damn....maybe that's why that last one tasted a "little salty"!....damn you Greendawg!!

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit

Cam
10-23-2012, 02:06 PM
I agree, but the intangibles of a rivalry game are what we wont know till the game is played.... so I will hold my tongue on this until its over.

Yall gonna take it out on LaGrange this week?

buff will be busy and miss the game LHPfactory....he's got a buffalo to paint!.....and don't hold your tongue too long..(use the 5 second rule...well, maybe bring er down to 4!)....cause you don't know where that tongue has been!!.....

BLEEDZGREEN
10-23-2012, 02:17 PM

Oops did I say horrible, I meant to say y'alls school colors were horrible.:stirpot:

Cam
10-23-2012, 02:24 PM
I thought you had aged when I pulled up to a Hank Williams throw back hippie on a harley converted trike, with a red cooler for a seat. I about unloaded on the dude then thought, if that ain't CAM, I'm just wasting all these perfectly good paintballs for nuthin. Besides, his vietnam war look suggested to me that in that cooler he had some firepower!

.....if he was about six foot with six inches...uhh, maybe I shoulda worded that different....If he was about 6-foot-6, that mighta been my uncle...who at that height was a helicopter gunner in Nam.....How in the hell someone that tall could crouch down and shoot a gun I'll never know.....anyways, you might have just escaped with your life cause that cat....uh...DAWG....is one mean son-of-a-bitch!!.....As a teenager, I hated when he visited....always found a way to put a hurtin' on me!.....like I say...CRAZY!....and to think he ended up workin' as one of them "special advisors" who ran around the world (like El Salvador) and ended his career in the Pentagon! Ya'll remember when President Carter said, "We have no military presence in El Salvador".......The Prez was a lyin' SOB!!......

Cam
10-23-2012, 02:28 PM
Oops did I say horrible, I meant to say y'alls school colors were horrible.:stirpot:

you tell em' BLEEDZ!...

greendawg84
10-23-2012, 03:51 PM
you tell em' BLEEDZ!...

By golly now we are getting somewhere , with out CAM them Cats was getting outta control on Bleedz and me.

Man them are some UGLY colors , purple haze with mustard yellow ......

panfan , I will by you a Dawg Burger with fries ifin you wear a better color shirt , ummmm like a green one !

greendawg84
10-23-2012, 04:06 PM
[QUOTE=Inmateboss;1706343]Got to meet some real nice people from Burnet during 7 on 7!! Played real hard for late in the day, so gotta go with Burnet on this one!!

Nice people from Burnet huh?.......are you hearin' this Greendawg?.....shoot, you and me weren't even there!!...it's good to know we're not the only nicelies in Burnet..........

I am hearing it or should I say reading it , but not really not sure I buy it ......

By the way where the hell is lhhsmom at anyway , she sure has been quiet , by be a storm in the making.....

Cam
10-23-2012, 04:23 PM
[QUOTE=Cam;1706393]

I am hearing it or should I say reading it , but not really not sure I buy it ......

By the way where the hell is lhhsmom at anyway , she sure has been quiet , by be a storm in the making.....

That crazy gal spends her time runnin' scooters off them backroads!....She saids she don't do Hwy. 29 much.....I imagine she's a bit bummed out cause her boy can't play the foosball no more.....I know how she feels.....this season hasn't been the same since my youngin' got hurt and ended his season right after the first game! It was a non-football related injury. He was pretty bummed out and so was I!.....My boy said to me, "Don't cry daddy you big sissy! I've still got 5 years of ball left".........Anyways, I'll bet I can get LHHSmom back!.....

Cam
10-23-2012, 04:52 PM
By golly now we are getting somewhere , with out CAM them Cats was getting outta control on Bleedz and me.

Man them are some UGLY colors , purple haze with mustard yellow ......

panfan , I will by you a Dawg Burger with fries ifin you wear a better color shirt , ummmm like a green one !

I hear ya Greendawg...them colors are quite wretched indeed!......Hey, since Mr. Vance loves the color purple, maybe Marble Falls shoulda hired him instead of Dodgy-boy. Dodgy-boy must be gettin' UNT flashbacks by now!.....hehehehe........
And somebody either in Marble or Liberty musta put a curse on me....cause I just passed the ugliest nastiest kidney stone ever last week!...And, it was PURPLE!......And my biggest fears came true.....that damn rock got stuck HALF-WAY outta of my Yukon Cornelius...right around the 127mm mark!...:eek:..Go ahead...go ahead and take your calculators out and convert.......Stayed there for 10 hours thought I was going to die for sure!.....Are you hearin' this Orange Machine my kidney stone brother?..........Damn the Kingdom of Purple!!!......

panfan
10-23-2012, 05:25 PM
I.....that damn rock got stuck HALF-WAY outta of my Yukon Cornelius...right around the 127mm mark!...:eek:.. Still halucinating from the pain meds are you?

"the Kingdom of Purple" - You got that right, its the Royal color.

panfan
10-23-2012, 05:27 PM
[QUOTE=greendawg84;1706452]

That crazy gal spends her time runnin' scooters off them backroads!....She saids she don't do Hwy. 29 much.....I imagine she's a bit bummed out cause her boy can't play the foosball no more.....I know how she feels.....this season hasn't been the same since my youngin' got hurt and ended his season right after the first game! It was a non-football related injury. He was pretty bummed out and so was I!.....My boy said to me, "Don't cry daddy you big sissy! I've still got 5 years of ball left".........Anyways, I'll bet I can get LHHSmom back!.....

What happened to your youngin?

LHHS_Mom
10-23-2012, 09:17 PM
greendawg!!!... did you miss me or what?? LOL :D... the mancub was finally released from physical therapy yet needed more time to heal from the 5 back fractures he sustained... It being his Senior year was harsh but at least he will have his health which is important... *kicks back in my recliner*... I have been discovering movies, food and margaritas on Fridays nights now... :evillol:
I know that you are keeping up your end of the trash talk right?... *grins*... when you see Cam on Friday punch him hard for me *teasing wink* :1popcorn:

Cam... I hope that did not cost you 20 bucks in the process... :ack!:... there is nothing like you raising havoc on here... and I am sure with the
coming game it is only going to elevate more... :taunt:... What happened to your son? I don't remember you mentioning anything about that... though times like that do truly bite the big one... *inserts a sweet as pie smile*... LOL :stirpot:

greendawg84
10-24-2012, 08:44 AM
greendawg!!!... did you miss me or what?? LOL :D... the mancub was finally released from physical therapy yet needed more time to heal from the 5 back fractures he sustained... It being his Senior year was harsh but at least he will have his health which is important... *kicks back in my recliner*... I have been discovering movies, food and margaritas on Fridays nights now... :evillol:
I know that you are keeping up your end of the trash talk right?... *grins*... when you see Cam on Friday punch him hard for me *teasing wink* :1popcorn:

Cam... I hope that did not cost you 20 bucks in the process... :ack!:... there is nothing like you raising havoc on here... and I am sure with the
coming game it is only going to elevate more... :taunt:... What happened to your son? I don't remember you mentioning anything about that... though times like that do truly bite the big one... *inserts a sweet as pie smile*... LOL :stirpot:

First of all glad the boy is doing good. And yes I do miss throwing a few jabs at you every now and then. If you need to adopt one to watch you can borrow mine but he does wear GREEN. ;)

panfan has picked up your slack on the smack talk along with his boy LHPfactory , so we do have a couple to pick at.

I will let CAM tell the story of what happened to his boy , bummer deal for sure but CAM will tell it a hell of a lot better than I can.

Cam
10-24-2012, 08:55 AM
Still halucinating from the pain meds are you?

Actually, I had it all wrong.....it's the "Kingdom of Purplelonia"......

Have you had your green eggs and ham today panfan?.......Uncle Henry is coming to the game Friday night...would you like to meet him?

greendawg84
10-24-2012, 09:11 AM

Have you had your green eggs and ham today panfan?.......Uncle Henry is coming to the game Friday night...would you like to meet him?

panfan is prolly to busy for that , he was cleaning his purple balls last he spoke ...??

panfan
10-24-2012, 09:24 AM

I do not like them, Sam-I-am. I do not like green eggs and ham.

http://www.newsradio710.com/cc-common/mlib/1239/02/1239_1265715066.jpg
He looks too scary for me.

panfan
10-24-2012, 09:25 AM
I got nothin for this.

buff4ever
10-24-2012, 09:33 AM
Hvave I mentioned yet that LH will win this game? by 21 if rivalry fators in and they take it easy.

Cam
10-24-2012, 09:41 AM
Ah heck...all this jibberish got me in the mood for a limerick....and a bad one at that!....

IT WAS DECIDED AT THE HILL THE THEME WOULD BE "THUNDERSTRUCK",
BUT SOME FOLKS WANTED "BIG BALLS" AS SUNG BY BON SCOTT.
VANCE SAID, "ABSOLUTELY NO WAY YOU WILL HAVE SUCH LUCK."
"I DON'T NEED OUR FANS COMING OUT IN THEIR JOCKS!"
"AND BIGGEST BALL CONTESTS BREAKIN' OUT FOLKS LOSIN' BIG BUCKS!"

CHORUS

Some balls are held for charity
And some for fancy dress
But when they're held for pleasure
They're the balls that I like best
My balls are always bouncing
To the left and to the right
It's my belief that my big balls
Should be held every night ---- AC/DC :crazy1:

greendawg84
10-24-2012, 09:52 AM
I got nothin for this.

I am very impressed , one that you can quote green eggs and ham from the Dr , and find a pict that quick that looks like CAM's uncle.

Cam
10-24-2012, 09:52 AM
Still halucinating from the pain meds are you?

OK OK ya caught me!!....It was only 123mm!

greendawg84
10-24-2012, 09:58 AM
Hvave I mentioned yet that LH will win this game? by 21 if rivalry fators in and they take it easy.

Yeah , Yeah , we already covered that , we are now on a mission to stir up the panfans as much as possible. :D

One never knows , thought they would mop the floor with BW also. Them Dawgs aint gonna back down from them no ways.

Bassact
10-24-2012, 10:13 AM

Agree with the majority of this.. The Soph are not the issue - all LH issues have been a team effort - Fortunately LH makes a lot more good plays that bad.. But to say the younger or new starters in the secondary of are holding up as well as the Sr isn't really accurate. with the exception of Rockdale teams have game planned around him as much as they could and go after these young guys. Llano totally stayed away from him. Only way he gets involved much is when they start moving him around or decide to have him follow the #1 receiver. That being said the Sr has taken his lumps too. Until the whole defensive unit steps up ( pass rush & coverage down field) teams will continue to work on their passing stats when they play LH..

panfan
10-24-2012, 10:37 AM
Agree with the majority of this.. The Soph are not the issue - all LH issues have been a team effort - Fortunately LH makes a lot more good plays that bad.. But to say the younger or new starters in the secondary of are holding up as well as the Sr isn't really accurate. with the exception of Rockdale teams have game planned around him as much as they could and go after these young guys. Llano totally stayed away from him. Only way he gets involved much is when they start moving him around or decide to have him follow the #1 receiver. That being said the Sr has taken his lumps too. Until the whole defensive unit steps up ( pass rush & coverage down field) teams will continue to work on their passing stats when they play LH..

Wasn't really considering opposing team game planning when thinking about this, but I see your point. Was thinking about our own internal fundamental issues. I'll go back to solid tackling on defense as a primary and fundamental aspect of the defensive game that has to improve for LH to make a solid statement about their ability to be a good playoff team. After watching game films, it appears that most of the time we are in the right positions to make good plays (Key word - most), but its what happens after the handoff or reception that is a concern to me.

On the other side of the ball, Offense has to step it up while the defense is getting it all figured out. Last week, they put up 12 points. I look for them through these last 3 weeks of play to step it up and regain that 400+ average yards per game.

panfan
10-24-2012, 12:35 PM
OK OK ya caught me!!....It was only 123mm!

CAM - I think you are getting the micro and milli signs mixed up.

panfan
10-24-2012, 12:37 PM
I am very impressed , one that you can quote green eggs and ham from the Dr , and find a pict that quick that looks like CAM's uncle.

I have the good Dr.'s books on my shelf of higher lernin'.

panfan
10-24-2012, 12:40 PM
Yeah , Yeah , we already covered that , we are now on a mission to stir up the panfans as much as possible. :D

One never knows , thought they would mop the floor with BW also. Them Dawgs aint gonna back down from them no ways.

I see what ya'll are doin'. Lure us into a sense of security that we got this one in the bag, then give us the old 1 and 2 sucker punches. Sneaky Gdawg, very sneaky.

greendawg84
10-24-2012, 01:04 PM
I see what ya'll are doin'. Lure us into a sense of security that we got this one in the bag, then give us the old 1 and 2 sucker punches. Sneaky Gdawg, very sneaky.

Hey we gotta try something to get SOME advantage however small it might be ! I even got CAM out of semi retirement to give us some MOJO , so dont shoot him till Friday evening when he comes thru the Hill , I still need some help till then..........

LHPfactory
10-24-2012, 01:05 PM
Only three consistent starters are sophs. #75 was not starting, until the last two games. As I said injury to starting jr/Sr Strong tackle facilitated this. #75 has a lot learn, thus he is being replaced this week and was repalced later in the game against BW by a senior DE who also plays some OT. #75 will come around soon as he learns it aint' all just about size! I wasn't paying to much attention to that as the overall general mention, on this board by LH folks that some our woes are due to sophs. I just don't believe that to be the case. As a consistenly smaller team (physically smaller) than our opponents, year in and year out, we just have to execute better, with fewer mental let downs. Against BW and Giddings, and to some extent Wimberley, that didn't happen, and 2 out of those 3 are losses.

Not blaming any woes or any of the issues on sophs, at all, you are not catching the point. Just citing something commonly accepted by highschool coaches.

I will explain why, When you have to reach to sophmores to fill some of the coveted 22 Friday night spots rather than Jrs and Srs which are a little older and more experienced and have had more time invested will simply have more return. But sometimes your younger players just simply may be better, however, consider this:

Imagine these LH sophmores in a year or two..... they are already damn good, they will be fantastic.
Now imagine when these current sophs are juniors or seniors, and they play a team that has a very talented 10th grade class and this team had to reach back for that talent to fill some of the 22 spots. These may be good sophs playing for the opposing team, however, our sophs are now talented and experienced Jrs and Srs. Its only ligical that time, maturity, and experience will make this group even better, thats all.

A good example is the senior class that Wimberley graduated last year, Seniors that were always talented, several played varsity as sophs, but had the advantage of experience and progressing every year. They were clearly better as Srs than they were as sophs or Jrs...... and hence achieved what they couldnt as sophs, the title.

So at least I know im not attributing the woes on the youngsters , just making an observation. I believe this group is good and that we have good Jrs and Srs and that with the talented Sophs are good enough to beat this 1 loss per soph rule.... They will have to win out the last 3 games to prove it though, I am confident they will.

Cam
10-24-2012, 01:33 PM
CAM - I think you are getting the micro and milli signs mixed up.

Imposerous!.....a micron is a micron is a micron.....123u = .004797" !!......that's maybe pretty good for a male yellowjacket and may even get a slight eyebrow raise out of the queen!..........

panfan
10-24-2012, 01:44 PM
Imposerous!.....a micron is a micron is a micron.....123u = .004797" !!......that's maybe pretty good for a male yellowjacket and may even get a slight eyebrow raise out of the queen!..........

OK - all kidding aside. What do ya'll think of your new Coach. I'm asking out of shear curiosity. He's been with the program for years, but now has the reigns. Do ya'll see him leading the dawgs into the future as a contender if he has the athletes? Again, no insinuations here about lack of athletes cause we know ya'll have several. Just an honest opinion of how he is doing as the head coach? And BTW - we are not taking this game lightly. We are playing in your house and I expect it will be a tough game throughout.

Cam
10-24-2012, 02:02 PM

How's that buffalo lookin'?.....I don't know buff....Friday has the possibility of gettin' interesting...You say there are no matchup disadvantages for LH....I'm not so sure...Here's why:
Burnet D has done pretty good against the run this season...Coach Jones is a Shipley diciple and knows how to stop a Slot-T offense...or at least slow it down.....Watch MLB #40..only a soph. but already turning into a beast!...He really is good....
Burnet weakness on D is on pass coverage...them boys couldn't cover my grandma...and she's dead!....They are young and haven't figured it out yet...One of them boys still can't get his footwork right...in time, they will get better.....However, this weakness don't matter against the Hill......cause like them LH folks say, "we don't need to throw the stinkin' ball!"......
If the Panther D don't bring the heat to Burnet QB, the LH secondary could have some problems here.....Burnet QB is a very capable young man who can thread the needle....His receivers aren't the fastest but they have some good size....they just need to avoid the dropsies!....If #20 gets it thrown to him, he will come down with it and he ain't easy to bring down....anyway, ya never know when these two teams get together....I could see a LH blowout but not the other way around....I could also see a barn burner that goes down to the wire......That's why they play the game.....Friday Night Lights....burgers, burgers with loogies for LH folk, hot DAWGS, beer (in Greendawgs jacket), newspaper for toilet paper in the restrooms (tears my ass up & you can read the headlines on your butt cheeks if you got a small mirror!), crickets everywhere, asses fallin' asleep on them hard benches, and the band is blowing Dixie double four time, you feel alright when you hear that music ring (Dire Straits)......you gotta love it!.....

greendawg84
10-24-2012, 02:16 PM
OK - all kidding aside. What do ya'll think of your new Coach. I'm asking out of shear curiosity. He's been with the program for years, but now has the reigns. Do ya'll see him leading the dawgs into the future as a contender if he has the athletes? Again, no insinuations here about lack of athletes cause we know ya'll have several. Just an honest opinion of how he is doing as the head coach? And BTW - we are not taking this game lightly. We are playing in your house and I expect it will be a tough game throughout.

OK , if I have to get serious , here is the skinny from my point of view.

Coach Jones will be fine if he is given the chance to rebuild the program. This may take a couple more years , numbers are way down at the higher 2 grade levels. Lower levels have good numbers and seem to be able to compete with everyone they have played. I think his being a product of Coach Shipley will help against LH for some reason Shipley seems to have the Slot-T's number. I have no idea what will happen on Friday but I think they can hang with yall for the first quarter or half. After that we tend to get worn down . To answer your question Jones will be a good one given time.

We have some of the same problems that The Hill has right now. 7 to 8 Sophs starting with even more playing at times. Nothing against these players as PHPfactory said above. They will be better in the next few years but right now we have low numbers + young guys + not very big + only a few guys that would be considered above average speed. The biggest problem we have right now on D is WE CANT TACKLE , and I mean at all levels. On O we just dont seem to keep the D guessing , run the same plays over and over, product of a new system will get better in time. Above all we just dont have enough players to give anybody a rest , guys we only had 10 Srs on the team with 1 hurt and out the season and of those other 9 only 5 start.

Future for Burnet , BW and The Hill look bright , I have watched BW and Burnet they both have some good ones coming up. Also by working in LH I know there are several coming up there also. Gonna make for some great games.

87 TIGER
10-24-2012, 02:26 PM
We have played both this year and LH will win this game. But I think burnet will move the ball through the air a little on LH . Good luck to both, should be a great game

Cam
10-24-2012, 02:27 PM

I like the guy! Under Shipley, he went to two state title games, so, you would have to assume he knows what it takes to get back there and win it this time. Can I see him leading the Dawgs as a contender? HECK YES! And, from what I've seen in the lower grades, he will have some very nice athletes at his disposal IMO...Finally, Burnet will have some size & speed combined in a couple of years.....I like his chances of succeeding. I think some Burnet folk are way too impatient and some are still pissed cause they didn't get Dodgy-boy.....who is just tearin' it up at Marble Falls!..(last line just full of sarcasm!)

Bassact
10-24-2012, 02:36 PM
How's that buffalo lookin'?.....I don't know buff....Friday has the possibility of gettin' interesting...You say there are no matchup disadvantages for LH....I'm not so sure...Here's why:
Burnet D has done pretty good against the run this season...Coach Jones is a Shipley diciple and knows how to stop a Slot-T offense...or at least slow it down.....Watch MLB #40..only a soph. but already turning into a beast!...He really is good....
Burnet weakness on D is on pass coverage...them boys couldn't cover my grandma...and she's dead!....They are young and haven't figured it out yet...One of them boys still can't get his footwork right...in time, they will get better.....However, this weakness don't matter against the Hill......cause like them LH folks say, "we don't need to throw the stinkin' ball!"......
If the Panther D don't bring the heat to Burnet QB, the LH secondary could have some problems here.....Burnet QB is a very capable young man who can thread the needle....His receivers aren't the fastest but they have some good size....they just need to avoid the dropsies!....If #20 gets it thrown to him, he will come down with it and he ain't easy to bring down....anyway, ya never know when these two teams get together....I could see a LH blowout but not the other way around....I could also see a barn burner that goes down to the wire......That's why they play the game.....Friday Night Lights....burgers, burgers with loogies for LH folk, hot DAWGS, beer (in Greendawgs jacket), newspaper for toilet paper in the restrooms (tears my ass up & you can read the headlines on your butt cheeks if you got a small mirror!), crickets everywhere, asses fallin' asleep on them hard benches, and the band is blowing Dixie double four time, you feel alright when you hear that music ring (Dire Straits)......you gotta love it!.....

Didn't you hear - LH is throwing it all over the field now-a-days.. Heck against BW I bet we threw close to 10 passes.

Cam
10-24-2012, 02:43 PM
didn't you hear - lh is throwing it all over the field now-a-days.. Heck against bw i bet we threw close to 10 passes.

you lie!...lol!

Cam
10-24-2012, 02:50 PM
Well LHP....on a smaller scale..we've got your 8th graders against Burnet 8th graders...I think you have a boy playing in this one....How do you see that game?....I'll be at the 7th A game...

greendawg84
10-24-2012, 02:58 PM
Didn't you hear - LH is throwing it all over the field now-a-days.. Heck against BW I bet we threw close to 10 passes.

????? 10 , that like doubles you attempts from all last year right. I agree .... lies

BLEEDZGREEN
10-24-2012, 03:00 PM
I thought him coming from the Shipley coaching tree we would see a more creative offense but that has yet to happen. IMO the playbook is very vanilla, the same plays are constantly run over & over. #14 should be playing the A spot not Rb ,#8 & #34 are bigger, stronger, & quicker & should be carrying the rock. Now do I think he will turn the program around, maybe, he has a lot of youth to work with so we shall see.

LHHS_Mom
10-24-2012, 03:07 PM
LHP and panfan... I have read and see what you are both saying completely... they are valid points... I have been watching this particular group of Seniors since the mancub was in middle school... Observations being made during that whole entire time... I will say this... yes ALL of the kids need practice in a position or any position that the coaches feel that player would be best at... That means not just the main players getting 3/4ths of the practice time while most of the others are on the sidelines watching... That too will BETTER all of the boys that are in 9th, 10th, 11th

just my two cents :D

LHHS_Mom
10-24-2012, 03:09 PM
oh!!... greendawg and Cam... your momma called me and said you BOTH need to wear purple on Friday:crazy1::D

Cam
10-24-2012, 03:20 PM
oh!!... greendawg and Cam... your momma called me and said you BOTH need to wear purple on Friday:crazy1::D

are you like a medium or something??......why you only pickin' on us two? BLEEDZGREEN is the silent killer ya know!!....

greendawg84
10-24-2012, 04:10 PM

My Momma would NEVER allow ANYTHING purple or yellow in her house ! She dont even let mustard come inside . I am with CAM , why dont you ever pick on Bleedz , that dude is like under the radar.

panfan , offer still stands , wear green , get a free Dawg Burger & Fries .

Cam
10-24-2012, 04:13 PM
My Momma would NEVER allow ANYTHING purple or yellow in her house ! She dont even let mustard come inside . I am with CAM , why dont you ever pick on Bleedz , that dude is like under the radar.

panfan , offer still stands , wear green , get a free Dawg Burger & Fries .

.....I think the loogie thing scared him off!....

Cam
10-24-2012, 04:25 PM
Yo LH....as of 4:24pm today, I still dislike the color purple!!!..:taunt:

BLEEDZGREEN
10-24-2012, 04:50 PM
LHHS_Mom and I have signed a peace treaty, I don't tie anymore Kitty Cats up to my bumper & she doesn't take in anymore stray Dawgs. :D:crazy1:

panfan
10-24-2012, 04:59 PM
Yo LH....as of 4:24pm today, I still dislike the color purple!!!..:taunt:

http://www.gamefaces.com/images/image222_1.gif Looks so much better than Greeen tho.

Yeah, the thought of a green hockey monster on my burger convinced me to eat in LH before going to the Dawg pound.

LH Panther Mom
10-24-2012, 07:01 PM
I wasn't paying to much attention to that as the overall general mention, on this board by LH folks that some our woes are due to sophs. I just don't believe that to be the case.
I've always heard the "for every sophomore you start, you lose a game", but never really bought into it. We started 6 sophomores in 2006. :devil: ;)

LHPfactory
10-24-2012, 07:12 PM
Well LHP....on a smaller scale..we've got your 8th graders against Burnet 8th graders...I think you have a boy playing in this one....How do you see that game?....I'll be at the 7th A game...

The 8th graders in 8-3A have 4 really good A teams: LH, BW, Burnet, and Lampasas, Noone outside the district beat any of them, or even came close that I am aware of . We had last week won until it all went to $h!t and unfolded in a bout 1 minute at the end of the 4th quarter BW scored 3 times, it was insane.
The LH v Burnet 8th A should be good, but I honestly believe LH has this one. The 4 8th grade teams should treat us to some good football over the years. They all seem to love the sport, play with heart , and speaking for the LH boys they work hard.

Now for our 7th-A, I am ashamed that I doubted them at first. They started off 0-2. However the coaches have made some changes and this group of boys have turned it around. They are 2-0 in district now and I pick them to be District champs. They just need to finish what they started, all of us in LH are rooting for them. I pick them to win over Burnet 7th A Thursday.

LHPfactory
10-24-2012, 07:27 PM
I've always heard the "for every sophomore you start, you lose a game", but never really bought into it. We started 6 sophomores in 2006. :devil: ;)

True, they did better than the 1-per soph rule, only lost 2 enroute to a title, but look at how dominate those boys were in 2007 as Jrs n Srs. . When those sophs were seniors in 2008 they went 14-1, and didn't have the homerun backfield, still had A Killer O-line though.

LHPfactory
10-25-2012, 06:36 AM
LHP and panfan... I have read and see what you are both saying completely... they are valid points... I have been watching this particular group of Seniors since the mancub was in middle school... Observations being made during that whole entire time... I will say this... yes ALL of the kids need practice in a position or any position that the coaches feel that player would be best at... That means not just the main players getting 3/4ths of the practice time while most of the others are on the sidelines watching... That too will BETTER all of the boys that are in 9th, 10th, 11th

just my two cents :D

Yeah, didnt mean to keep the focus on the sophs, the seniors are a good bunch, they will have the biggest say in how far this team goes. I think 7-3A will be in for a big surprise come play off time.

LattiCat21
10-25-2012, 10:07 AM
Well hello everyone! This is my first post on this website, although i have been a follower since back in my high school days at LH... Im looking forward to BS'n with some of you that I know and hopefully make some new friends as well. As for my prediction on the LH vs Burnet game... I know LH lost last week to a highly underrated BW team, and I know Burnet isn't producing the athletes they once did. So I believe Vance will get the LH D ready to "bend but not break" while the O does its ground and pound... LH by 3 tds!! ;)

LHHS_Mom
10-25-2012, 10:07 AM
LHHS_Mom and I have signed a peace treaty, I don't tie anymore Kitty Cats up to my bumper & she doesn't take in anymore stray Dawgs. :D:crazy1:

LOL... Bleedz... I still remember that night that your kid and the mancub played... good times!:D

Cam... ummm does that mean you wanted to wear purple socks too??... then wear 'em!! :crazy1:

Cam
10-25-2012, 10:25 AM
Well hello everyone! This is my first post on this website, although i have been a follower since back in my high school days at LH... Im looking forward to BS'n with some of you that I know and hopefully make some new friends as well. As for my prediction on the LH vs Burnet game... I know LH lost last week to a highly underrated BW team, and I know Burnet isn't producing the athletes they once did. So I believe Vance will get the LH D ready to "bend but not break" while the O does its ground and pound... LH by 3 tds!! ;)

Dang Greendawg & BLEEDZ! That's all we needed..another purple lover!!....No problem! We'll handle this rookie!...Latti's first post and I'm already havin' issues with him!....Latti, Burnet has always produced good athletes..not sure why you're sayin' that....I'm gonna make sure my youngin' hears this!.....Gosh dangit, just wait a few years...you're little Barney purples will be chasin' him to no avail and eatin' his dust or them little rubber pellets!!..:flaming:

Greendawg, ya think I was a little too strong on Latti being this was his 1st post?....Hope he don't take me too seriously.....

LHPfactory
10-25-2012, 10:59 AM
Dang Greendawg & BLEEDZ! That's all we needed..another purple lover!!....No problem! We'll handle this rookie!...Latti's first post and I'm already havin' issues with him!....Latti, Burnet has always produced good athletes..not sure why you're sayin' that....I'm gonna make sure my youngin' hears this!.....Gosh dangit, just wait a few years...you're little Barney purples will be chasin' him to no avail and eatin' his dust or them little rubber pellets!!..:flaming:

Greendawg, ya think I was a little too strong on Latti being this was his 1st post?....Hope he don't take me too seriously.....

LattiCat dont hold it agianst Cam, he is stressed out, cause he knows the beatings (cruelty to Bulldawgs) will begin in both LH and Burnet at about 4:30pm this evening and not stop until around 10:00pm tomorrow night. When the dust settles and LH sweeps Burnet from 7th through Varsity, he will be kicking himself for not moving about 15 miles east.......:stirpot:;):evillol:

panfan
10-25-2012, 11:01 AM

Luke - I'm your father. Come over to the purple side. CAM - ya'll better rally some troops. We got two moms, a purple panther factory, a bass, yours truly and a couple others riding shot gun, along with a newbie. We got enough now for hwy 29 crossfire. Kinda looking like Custer's last stand, and well, we know how that ended.

panfan
10-25-2012, 11:10 AM

M&G? I'll be wearing a purple shirt!!! LOL

LattiCat21
10-25-2012, 11:23 AM

Haha I love me some smack talk!!! :evillol: especially against Burnet Bullpups and Wimberley... lady texans?? But the reason I say Burnet hasn't produced as many athletes is because I was comparing them to back when I used to play (just after the shipley & McGee era) and I remember the majority of the burnet players being HUGE and FAST which hasn't seem to have been the case in recent years. Maybe i'm wrong? It seems like every year i'm out of HS the kids playing look smaller and smaller... idk?? Nonetheless, My cats are going to beat up on Burnet this week, kinda like we used too but hopefully not as bad ;)

Cam
10-25-2012, 11:25 AM
M&G? I'll be wearing a purple shirt!!! LOL

I'll be standin' at the very top around the thirty on the band side.....it's gonna be cold I hear...so, I'll be wavin' PURPLE blankets....ON FIRE!..to stay warm!!...:foul:

panfan
10-25-2012, 11:36 AM
I'll be standin' at the very top around the thirty on the band side.....it's gonna be cold I hear...so, I'll be wavin' PURPLE blankets....ON FIRE!..to stay warm!!...:foul:

I can see it now, CAM at the top of the bleachers, lights up the purple blanket (its one of those man made fibers), goes up like a torch, CAM takes a swan dive from the top of the bleachers, purple flaming blanket ash coats him as he is lying on the ground saying "Man Just don't know what the hell happened". Gdawg runs up, extinguishes the remaining glowing embers on CAMs backside with the team's left over gatorade. I'm all in for the M&G is this is the show I get!!!

Cam
10-25-2012, 11:38 AM
Haha I love me some smack talk!!! :evillol: especially against Burnet Bullpups and Wimberley... lady texans?? But the reason I say Burnet hasn't produced as many athletes is because I was comparing them to back when I used to play (just after the shipley & McGee era) and I remember the majority of the burnet players being HUGE and FAST which hasn't seem to have been the case in recent years. Maybe i'm wrong? It seems like every year i'm out of HS the kids playing look smaller and smaller... idk?? Nonetheless, My cats are going to beat up on Burnet this week, kinda like we used too but hopefully not as bad ;)

I caught that edit!!.....Well shoot!...Since you can't spell B-U-R-N-E-T-T, you might as well mess up Wimberley too...It's Wimperley!.....
The HUGE & FAST thing I think comes in cycles....I think it's about to change here real soon.....there's been alot of Sasquatch matings goin' on round these parts!.....

Cam
10-25-2012, 11:41 AM
I can see it now, CAM at the top of the bleachers, lights up the purple blanket (its one of those man made fibers), goes up like a torch, CAM takes a swan dive from the top of the bleachers, purple flaming blanket ash coats him as he is lying on the ground saying "Man Just don't know what the hell happened". Gdawg runs up, extinguishes the remaining glowing embers on CAMs backside with the team's left over gatorade. I'm all in for the M&G is this is the show I get!!!

LOL!...catchin on fire....kinda like al Qaeda folk do all the time tryin' to burn the red, white, & blue......."Dawg Qaeda"!!......

Cam
10-25-2012, 11:44 AM
LHP, oh I'm stressed allright....but only cause I've got another kidney stone makin' it's way out!!!

panfan
10-25-2012, 11:50 AM
LHP, oh I'm stressed allright....but only cause I've got another kidney stone makin' it's way out!!!

You, my friend are not drinking enough :tisk:
Beer and Your Kidney

Yes, it's true: Drinking beer can be good for your kidneys. Specifically, drinking beer in moderation can help prevent kidney stones--although other factors come into play as well, such as drinking lots of water, getting regular exercise and, oh yes, drinking beer in moderation.

How Does Beer Prevent Kidney Stones?

Drinking beer can help prevent kidney stones because it helps prevent calcium deposits from being formed in your kidneys. Stouts, porters or other beers with lots of hops are best. Calcium deposits mix with salts and other minerals and ultimately turn into kidney stones. Indeed, researchers in Finland in the 1980s conducted a study of 27,001 male smokers between the ages of 50 and 69 and found each daily bottle of beer consumed reduced the risk of kidney stones by 40 percent.

Read more: How Does Beer Prevent Kidney Stones? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how-does_5172235_beer-prevent-kidney-stones_.html#ixzz2AKXUwhj2

And this is not just something I found on the web - my Dad suffered from the stones, and an old country Doc told him, one beer a day.

LattiCat21
10-25-2012, 11:56 AM
I caught that edit!!.....Well shoot!...Since you can't spell B-U-R-N-E-T-T, you might as well mess up Wimberley too...It's Wimperley!.....
The HUGE & FAST thing I think comes in cycles....I think it's about to change here real soon.....there's been alot of Sasquatch matings goin' on round these parts!.....

:D you caught me!! Dang, my 2nd post and I'm already tanking on my spelling.

Seems to have been a while since Burnet came across one of those cycles... Tell them sasquatches we have some prettyful forests near LH just waitin on em :D I know LH has some young talent moving up through the ranks of the program, so maybe we'll have some epic (battle of 29) type games between LH and Burnet to look forward too in the future. Something else for you Bulldogs to think about, our youngsters will now start perfecting the slot t in the 6th grade instead of waiting until 7th. Should make things look a little more like a purple blur, can't wait!!

Cam
10-25-2012, 11:58 AM
You, my friend are not drinking enough :tisk:
Beer and Your Kidney

Yes, it's true: Drinking beer can be good for your kidneys. Specifically, drinking beer in moderation can help prevent kidney stones--although other factors come into play as well, such as drinking lots of water, getting regular exercise and, oh yes, drinking beer in moderation.

How Does Beer Prevent Kidney Stones?

Drinking beer can help prevent kidney stones because it helps prevent calcium deposits from being formed in your kidneys. Stouts, porters or other beers with lots of hops are best. Calcium deposits mix with salts and other minerals and ultimately turn into kidney stones. Indeed, researchers in Finland in the 1980s conducted a study of 27,001 male smokers between the ages of 50 and 69 and found each daily bottle of beer consumed reduced the risk of kidney stones by 40 percent.

Read more: How Does Beer Prevent Kidney Stones? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how-does_5172235_beer-prevent-kidney-stones_.html#ixzz2AKXUwhj2

And this is not just something I found on the web - my Dad suffered from the stones, and an old country Doc told him, one beer a day.

That paper must have been written by Greendawg!!!.....
Believe me, I've tried everything for the last twenty years!!....Docs basically told me I was a lost cause!...Hell, I knew that before kidney stones!!....Anyway, they all tell me "hereditary".....My Yukon Cornelius basically just saids, "Just bring it dammit....just bring it!"....

panfan
10-25-2012, 12:02 PM
That paper must have been written by Greendawg!!!.....
Believe me, I've tried everything for the last twenty years!!....Docs basically told me I was a lost cause!...Hell, I knew that before kidney stones!!....Anyway, they all tell me "hereditary".....My Yukon Cornelius basically just saids, "Just bring it dammit....just bring it!"....

IV drip of Guinness.

Cam
10-25-2012, 12:08 PM
IV drip of Guinness.

Black lager in the veins....hmmm:thinking:.....maybe there is hope!...

Cam
10-25-2012, 12:21 PM
LattiCat dont hold it agianst Cam, he is stressed out, cause he knows the beatings (cruelty to Bulldawgs) will begin in both LH and Burnet at about 4:30pm this evening and not stop until around 10:00pm tomorrow night. When the dust settles and LH sweeps Burnet from 7th through Varsity, he will be kicking himself for not moving about 15 miles east.......:stirpot:;):evillol:

If I moved to LH and became your neighbor, you'd be kicking yourself!!:crazy1:

LHPfactory
10-25-2012, 12:32 PM

I knew the legend was true about the Burnet kids being so big cause the Burnetites mate with the highland lakes and Bertram Sasquatches.. ;)

Cam
10-25-2012, 12:37 PM
I knew the legend was true about the Burnet kids being so big cause the Burnetites mate with the highland lakes and Bertram Sasquatches.. ;)

Whatever it takes brother...whatever it takes!!.....don't forget Oatmeal,TX....that big ol oatmeal can by the road has to be filled with oats bout every two days to feed them things......

buff4ever
10-25-2012, 12:40 PM
I think LH wins this game

Cam
10-25-2012, 12:44 PM
I think LH wins this game

LOL!!...you just never quit do ya?!!!

buff4ever
10-25-2012, 12:57 PM
:wave:

just fun itn't it

BLEEDZGREEN
10-25-2012, 12:57 PM

Hey Cam, I believe he doesn't like you making fun of their Cow.:crazy1:

buff4ever
10-25-2012, 01:27 PM
I been meaning to ask you guys, mainly Cam about that. We have a buffalo on a hill near the stadium? I am going to have to look for that :nerd:;)

buff4ever
10-25-2012, 01:44 PM

Cam, sincen your grandma painted that buffalo you talk about, she gots her feelins hurt over it all now. Your words affect more than just the people you speak them to. :bigcry:

panfan
10-25-2012, 01:52 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-gITWvKkdm_ZXeFcHY0bRzFHyiik0ndnXiQBluZvHeztDdhG5GA
I been meaning to ask you guys, mainly Cam about that. We have a buffalo on a hill near the stadium? I am going to have to look for that :nerd:;)

Cam can't see - he looks at everything through those green colored glasses.

Cam
10-25-2012, 01:54 PM
Cam, sincen your grandma painted that buffalo you talk about, she gots her feelins hurt over it all now. Your words affect more than just the people you speak them to. :bigcry:

dang!!....is everybody a ghost medium on this forum??....

panfan
10-25-2012, 01:54 PM
And Greendawg cheers him on. http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSshiNAz8C7lvv0zmERJYOx2snVh1Y2a sr42ayjf5q1F_a8H3DOfg

buff4ever
10-25-2012, 01:58 PM
And Greendawg cheers him on. http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSshiNAz8C7lvv0zmERJYOx2snVh1Y2a sr42ayjf5q1F_a8H3DOfg

I am going to have to pick LH in this one by 17 or more.

Cam
10-25-2012, 02:02 PM

well....I never said it was on a hill, so obviously you know where it's at......like I said, it's about a 1/4 mile away from the stadium.....he's kinda sneaky and elusive...like some of them RB's ya'll have had over the last few years......I coulda sworn that buff moved the last time I was there.....then I realized it was those darn crickety wooden benches!....

Cam
10-25-2012, 02:08 PM
Hey Cam, I believe he doesn't like you making fun of their Cow.:crazy1:

I think you may be on to something...I didn't mean to upset anyone....uhh...yeah I did!!!........Dangit BLEEDZ, I accidentally erased the link to your boys games. So, I've yet to see him play. He looks bigger in the pic!!...How is he doing? Man, if we coulda had him just one more year!!....

Cam
10-25-2012, 02:13 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-gITWvKkdm_ZXeFcHY0bRzFHyiik0ndnXiQBluZvHeztDdhG5GA

Cam can't see - he looks at everything through those green colored glasses.

Thanks to you panfan!......the gall of you!....tryin' to turn me into an alcoholic!!....oh well, if it means no more rocks, I'm in......

panfan
10-25-2012, 02:19 PM
We have somehow managed to garner over 100 posts, just not sure how much of it was about football. Good Job!!!

Cam
10-25-2012, 02:26 PM
We have somehow managed to garner over 100 posts, just not sure how much of it was about football. Good Job!!!

Mosty jibberish!....but it seems to be working....over 1300 views!!..Somebody is being entertained.......Now, that's how every thread should be!!!....And BLEEDZGREEN said on the first page this thread wouldn't get much attention......come to think of it panfan, I think about 85 posts are yours!!!....Liberty Hill this...Liberty Hill that!.....it's endless I tell ya.....

Cam
10-25-2012, 02:44 PM
Poor Bassact...he started this thread hoping for some Nostradamus-style predictions like the Wimberley / Canyon thread......instead, he got panfan, Greendawg, LHP, buff4ever, BLEEDZ, lhhsmom, latti, etc., etc. hurlin' insults at each other!!!.....I can't believe you people can't be more civil and grown-up about this!!!......I'm done!!!:foul:

greendawg84
10-25-2012, 02:57 PM
Poor Bassact...he started this thread hoping for some Nostradamus-style predictions like the Wimberley / Canyon thread......instead, he got panfan, Greendawg, LHP, buff4ever, BLEEDZ, lhhsmom, latti, etc., etc. hurlin' insults at each other!!!.....I can't believe you people can't be more civil and grown-up about this!!!......I'm done!!!:foul:

DAMN you guys have been working hard today I see ... stinking Boss wanted me to go to some damn meeting with him.

panfan , dude do you have pictures of all of CAMS family members ! WTH .... by the way I really do resemble the pict you posted of me .

LHPfactory , let the beating begin , 1.5 hrs to go till the talking ends , nah there aint no way its gonna slow down till 7 tomorrow night.

CAM , your done ?? Aint no way you can resist a good fight like this one.

buff4ever
10-25-2012, 03:04 PM

Just wrong, how do you arbitrarily leave yourself off that list?

abuse of freedom of speech.

buff4ever
10-25-2012, 03:05 PM

I would say that everytime I picked LH to win this game, it was about football:D

Cam
10-25-2012, 03:15 PM
Man, I wish I could be at the 8th grade game at the Hill!....I'd like to see how them purple boys are gonna stop them Ringstaff cousins!...Keep us posted LHP.....and GOOD LUCK to ya'll....in gettin' a good seat that is!!!!......

greendawg84
10-25-2012, 03:20 PM
I would say that everytime I picked LH to win this game, it was about football:D

We barely noticed ! ;)

BLEEDZGREEN
10-25-2012, 03:29 PM
I think you may be on to something...I didn't mean to upset anyone....uhh...yeah I did!!!........Dangit BLEEDZ, I accidentally erased the link to your boys games. So, I've yet to see him play. He looks bigger in the pic!!...How is he doing? Man, if we coulda had him just one more year!!....

Well you coming out of your semi-retirement livened this thread up or we would've just been reading LH this, LH, that, blah blah! ;-) My boy is doing good he has been battling a bad ankle so his play has been limited. He's a lot better now & should get some playing time this week, I'll send you the link again. Yeah he has gotten a whole lot bigger, 200lbs now. Yeah I wish that too, I miss having him out there, Friday's just aren't the same anymore for us.

Cam
10-25-2012, 03:41 PM
We barely noticed ! ;)

yeah...you gotta watch out for ol buff!....He's one of them sneaky types that goes around from thread to thread tryin' to stir things up!...kinda like one of them sweat pimples you get on your butt cheeks from time to time...ya know, you scratch one on your left cheek and think it's gone for good, and all of a sudden another one shows up on your right cheek!!.....just plain annoyin'!!...
OK, I'm outta here to see if I can make 7th B game on time.....let the games begin!

BEAST
10-25-2012, 03:46 PM
Ill throw this out there, IF Burnet plays the way they played against Brownwood, the will beat LH.

BEAST

greendawg84
10-25-2012, 03:52 PM
Ill throw this out there, IF Burnet plays the way they played against Brownwood, the will beat LH.

BEAST

Without the turnovers you might be correct.

panfan
10-25-2012, 04:04 PM
Without the turnovers you might be correct.

If LH plays like they did against Smithville and Wimberley, and Giddings (until last 2 minutes of the game!), we would have beat BW. But we didn't and we didn't. LH will come out hard against Burnet. As Bass said early on, Vance was Pissed, practice this week was like it was on steroids. Nothin like a loss to put the fire back in the coaches to put the fire back in the team.

Gdawg - I knew you wuz a long haired dawg! The green tho, I'm just not seein it.

BTW BEAST, we were leading into the 4th quarter. Just sayin...

LHHS_Mom
10-25-2012, 04:12 PM

LOL... bite me Cam! :D:evillol: ... I won't tell anyone that underneath that green t-shirt you actually have on a purple one too!!
Get ready for the Purple Crush! :crazy1:

BEAST
10-25-2012, 04:19 PM
If LH plays like they did against Smithville and Wimberley, and Giddings (until last 2 minutes of the game!), we would have beat BW. But we didn't and we didn't. LH will come out hard against Burnet. As Bass said early on, Vance was Pissed, practice this week was like it was on steroids. Nothin like a loss to put the fire back in the coaches to put the fire back in the team.

Gdawg - I knew you wuz a long haired dawg! The green tho, I'm just not seein it.

BTW BEAST, we were leading into the 4th quarter. Just sayin...

You held that lead for about a minute.

BEAST

panfan
10-25-2012, 04:23 PM
You held that lead for about a minute.

BEAST

yep - right up until we snapped it over our punters head! LOL. But it was a good minute. OK - maybe two minutes. Work with me Beast. Hey no hard feelings here, ya'll wanted it more and out played us. But we have played much better than that against tough teams and will continue to do so through the remainder of district play. Good luck to ya'll against Lamp, and more importantly Gatesville, I do hope ya'll take it to the Hornets.

BEAST
10-25-2012, 04:26 PM
yep - right up until we snapped it over our punters head! LOL. But it was a good minute. OK - maybe two minutes. Work with me Beast. Hey no hard feelings here, ya'll wanted it more and out played us. But we have played much better than that against tough teams and will continue to do so through the remainder of district play. Good luck to ya'll against Lamp, and more importantly Gatesville, I do hope ya'll take it to the Hornets.

When do yall play Gatesville?

BEAST

panfan
10-25-2012, 04:27 PM
When do yall play Gatesville?

BEAST

Right after ya'll do.

LHPfactory
10-25-2012, 06:56 PM
8thA 22 all at half, barn burner

BwdLion73
10-25-2012, 07:43 PM
8thA 22 all at half, barn burner

Watch out for that 4th quarter. ;)

BLEEDZGREEN
10-25-2012, 08:05 PM
Heard 7th grade green team won 14-0 & 7th white won 3-0. Freshmen are up 14-8 @ the half.

LHPfactory
10-25-2012, 08:51 PM
Watch out for that 4th quarter. ;)

Got us again, the Burnet Linemen were big and good, 32-22 Burnet. LH melt down in second half including another strip and run for a TD in second half for Burnet.... Its alright, closer than last year, Out boys keep getting better and better. Burnet kids got even bigger, We need some sasquaches in Williamson County.........:foul:

Not blaming this loss on the refs, but the 5 foot tall ref with the mustache was bad, real bad. The football was on the line, as was the down marker, nose of ball over each side of line, first down either way you call it, it was obvious the others didnt agree, but shorty got the call. That was a redzone first down in second half. Also the pass interference in first half, LH would had stop, lousy call, kid was up for ball before contact was even made, auto first and in redzone.

Take away the two crap calls and he stip for 6 and it could have went the other way, but thats the way goes, Burnet clearly had the momentum and was winning the physical battle in the second half, Good group of kids the Bulldawgs have. but still:flaming::flaming::flaming::flaming:

BLEEDZGREEN
10-25-2012, 09:10 PM
More bad news for ya Factory, Burnet Freshmen won 22-16.:bigcry:

lv2937
10-25-2012, 09:12 PM
what about the play to end the first quarter. buzzer goes off to end 1st qt. 2sec later liberty hill staps the ball picks up 5 yards. refs said since they were at the line they got to finish the play. burnet coaches wins the battle with the refs. refs lets lh run one play with out starting the clock. they pick up a few yards, the the refs makes the change directions like theyshould of before they ran the play. i didnt see any call that cost lh the ball game. also burnets 8th b team beat lh also. burnet freshman was ahead the last i heard.

LHPfactory
10-25-2012, 09:12 PM
PS
The good, my boy had a humble and honest self evaluating conversation with me while we ate at sonic. The end result he came to on his own was that he has a plan and relentless resolve to work even harder and focus on his nutrition and rest to be even better for next year.... Im proud of him, his biggest asset isn't talent, its determination..... I cant wait to see where it will take him.

Bassact
10-25-2012, 09:15 PM
[QUOTE=BEAST;1707110]Ill throw this out there, IF Burnet plays the way they played against Brownwood, the will beat LH.

LH plays like they did against BW again on any Friday night going forward they finish the season 5-5..

Bassact
10-25-2012, 09:15 PM

I got just what i was looking for.. A lot of BS

Cam
10-25-2012, 09:16 PM
Heard 7th grade green team won 14-0 & 7th white won 3-0. Freshmen are up 14-8 @ the half.

The 7th B (green) won mainly cause of a new kid in town named Quentin Buetow #21. Scored both TD's and was a terror on defense. After awhile you could tell some LH players wanted no part in tackling him. Can't say I blame them. That won't happen when those kids get older.

The 7th A (white) game was a shootout!!! Also won due to a new kid in town. Armado Torres #3 kicked a beauty of a 25 yard FG with plenty to spare. That's nothing for him. He hits them consistently from 40 yards out at practice! That's crazy. I've never seen a kid that young do what he can do. He misfired on KO's but he usually gets them to the goal line. Heck of a RB too. Has a bright future if he keeps working hard. Both D's played well. LH has some nice boys in this group.

Not confirmed but heard 8th B won 7-6.

What's up with the JV? Anybody know?

LHPfactory
10-25-2012, 09:19 PM
More bad news for ya Factory, Burnet Freshmen won 22-16.:bigcry:

Ive said it before, Burnet usually beats us in 7th, 8th, and 9th grade....... the margins usually get smaller and smaller, and by Friday night we usually win. I think we own 5 of the last 6... "Hard Work Pays Off"..... ;)

LHPfactory
10-25-2012, 09:22 PM
The 7th B (green) won mainly cause of a new kid in town named Quentin Buetow #21. Scored both TD's and was a terror on defense. After awhile you could tell some LH players wanted no part in tackling him. Can't say I blame them. That won't happen when those kids get older.

The 7th A (white) game was a shootout!!! Also won due to a new kid in town. Armado Torres #3 kicked a beauty of a 25 yard FG with plenty to spare. That's nothing for him. He hits them consistently from 40 yards out at practice! That's crazy. I've never seen a kid that young do what he can do. He misfired on KO's but he usually gets them to the goal line. Heck of a RB too. Has a bright future if he keeps working hard. Both D's played well. LH has some nice boys in this group.

LH Jv was up 7-0 when I left, not sure......

I worked the chains for 8th B game, the Burnet kids were a good bunch, Burnet won 8th B 7-6 in a good struggle.

panfan
10-25-2012, 09:23 PM

When I left at the half it was LH 14, Dawgs 0.

Cam
10-25-2012, 09:27 PM
LOL... bite me Cam! :D:evillol: ... I won't tell anyone that underneath that green t-shirt you actually have on a purple one too!!

purple crush?...now I just threw up in my mouth a little bit!.....

panfan
10-25-2012, 09:31 PM
When I left at the half it was LH 14, Dawgs 0.

Not confirmed, but heard LH 42, Dawgs 14

Cam
10-25-2012, 09:42 PM
Ive said it before, Burnet usually beats us in 7th, 8th, and 9th grade....... the margins usually get smaller and smaller, and by Friday night we usually win. I think we own 5 of the last 6... "Hard Work Pays Off"..... ;)

yeah...but the tide is slowly turnin'!!..;)

BLEEDZGREEN
10-25-2012, 09:43 PM
PS
The good, my boy had a humble and honest self evaluating conversation with me while we ate at sonic. The end result he came to on his own was that he has a plan and relentless resolve to work even harder and focus on his nutrition and rest to be even better for next year.... Im proud of him, his biggest asset isn't talent, its determination..... I cant wait to see where it will take him.

That's good stuff right there Factory.

Cam
10-25-2012, 09:51 PM
Not confirmed, but heard LH 42, Dawgs 14

Wouldn't surprise me.......too many sophs up with the varsity cause they need them whether they're ready or not......It's ridiculous how a varsity team can only have 9 Sr's playing. That just shows how way too many kids just quit for whatever reasons over the past few seasons. I just hope Coach Jones can start turning things around.....only time will tell..

Cam
10-25-2012, 10:02 PM
I got just what i was looking for.. A lot of BS

uhhhh....BS...BS:thinking:.....oh, would that be "Brilliant Satire"???.....:D

Bassact
10-25-2012, 10:23 PM
uhhhh....BS...BS:thinking:.....oh, would that be "Brilliant Satire"???.....:D

Burnet Stinks! Only thing that looks good green is my yard.

panfan
10-26-2012, 07:58 AM

Recap - 7th, 8th grade, and Fish Dawgs edged out panthers in close games (didn't catch Fish score) :bigcry:. LH JV took it to the JV Dawgs :evillol:. BW Beast and Buff4ever got on here and tried :stirpot: (didn't work), Bass wuz fannin' the flames! :evilgrin:, LHMOM told Cam to (*)^& her :eek:, Factory was bummed cause 8th lost :bigcry:, and G-dawg - well lets just say we'll keep it clean and we won't mention what he was doing!!!:1omg!: Panfan was gathering the purple paint balls and checking the CO2 cannister for Cam's ride through town this afternoon (he doesn't stand a chance). :redxpoke:

Showdown is tonight. Come on LH - show up early and stay late - Time to put another W in the win column. :taunt::thumbsup:

Cam
10-26-2012, 08:41 AM

Well....at least you didn't say "Sucks"!.....that's such an ugly word.....

Cam
10-26-2012, 08:44 AM

You go first!!.....

Cam
10-26-2012, 09:02 AM
Recap - 7th, 8th grade, and Fish Dawgs edged out panthers in close games (didn't catch Fish score) :bigcry:. LH JV took it to the JV Dawgs :evillol:. BW Beast and Buff4ever got on here and tried :stirpot: (didn't work), Bass wuz fannin' the flames! :evilgrin:, LHMOM told Cam to (*)^& her :eek:, Factory was bummed cause 8th lost :bigcry:, and G-dawg - well lets just say we'll keep it clean and we won't mention what he was doing!!!:1omg!: Panfan was gathering the purple paint balls and checking the CO2 cannister for Cam's ride through town this afternoon (he doesn't stand a chance). :redxpoke:

Showdown is tonight. Come on LH - show up early and stay late - Time to put another W in the win column. :taunt::thumbsup:

yeah.....ol Factory was full of confidence and talkin' a total sweep yesterday....and now his backup story is the youngins will win by the time they get to high school.....hard work does pay off! Did for Burnet anyway!.....Ol' Greendawg was nowhere in sight to watch his boy's fish team put a whoopin' to the Barneys. So, who knows what that boy was up to...he mighta been there but just hidin' from me.....I think I make him nervous sometimes......
panfan, I gots my Kevlar ready!....and remember, I shoot back!

LHPfactory
10-26-2012, 09:17 AM
yeah.....ol Factory was full of confidence and talkin' a total sweep yesterday....and now his backup story is the youngins will win by the time they get to high school.....hard work does pay off! Did for Burnet anyway!.....Ol' Greendawg was nowhere in sight to watch his boy's fish team put a whoopin' to the Barneys. So, who knows what that boy was up to...he mighta been there but just hidin' from me.....I think I make him nervous sometimes......

Yeah, my predictions went south for sure, I was on a roll with em early this season, but since Brownwood I aint been the same.... So I wont make any for a while. But look at the past 7 years Cam, it has been the trend for Burnet to win the 7th, 8th, and 9th grade games, and LH usually wins the JV and Varsity games..... Just an observation. I wont even make a prediction about to night cause I had crow for dinner last night and and the left overs for breakfast, thats enough for 1 week........ Oh and we have 9 sophs on the Varsity and Burnet has 7 according to the max preps site, so quit making excuses for the JV game. :evillol:

I noticed BW didnt have a roster up, I knew it they have a bunch of 13th graders from HPU:)

panfan
10-26-2012, 09:34 AM
Yeah, my predictions went south for sure, I was on a roll with em early this season, but since Brownwood I aint been the same.... So I wont make any for a while. But look at the past 7 years Cam, it has been the trend for Burnet to win the 7th, 8th, and 9th grade games, and LH usually wins the JV and Varsity games..... Just an observation. I wont even make a prediction about to night cause I had crow for dinner last night and and the left overs for breakfast, thats enough for 1 week........ Oh and we have 9 sophs on the Varsity and Burnet has 7 according to the max preps site, so quit making excuses for the JV game. :evillol:

I don't like making predictions on the Jr high, fish, and JV (although I was very confident the JV would win - as most of those guys recall the arse whippin Burnet gave them last year) - Man it was ugly. Tonight LH gets back on Track and takes the W. Why? Because they are going to quit worrying about what the other team is going to do and play their game. Yep it could get ugly in the secondary, but the offense is going to click tonight. If I'm lyin' I'm dying.
Also, I don't usually say anything about who or what My boy does. I figure I'll let him earn his respect on his own. But I'm going to toot his horn a bit. I'm proud of what he has done this far, how much he has progressed, as a player and as a young man. He will bring it each and every play on defense, so best be ready for it.

BwdLion73
10-26-2012, 09:35 AM

I noticed BW didnt have a roster up, I knew it they have a bunch of 13th graders from HPU:)

If you had seen Howard Payne play this year you would take that back.....:D

panfan
10-26-2012, 09:39 AM

Technically, 7, with only three of them starting. One has been injured since day one and hasn't dressed for a game yet. One already moved back down to JV, and one moved up mid season (kicker only). FYI

Cam
10-26-2012, 09:42 AM

Like I said, "the tide is slowly turnin'"......
Excuses???...Well hell...I gotta come up with something without being too harsh on the JV for blowin' last nights potential sweep! :taunt:

Cam
10-26-2012, 09:49 AM
PS

What position does your boy play?

buff4ever
10-26-2012, 09:57 AM
Has this game been played yet? How bad did LH win?

Cam
10-26-2012, 10:14 AM

Greendawg or BLEEDZ...this one is yours!....I just can't take this guy anymore...I'm startin' to crack!!.....:doh:

greendawg84
10-26-2012, 10:17 AM

Dude , put the pipe down and slowly move away.........

greendawg84
10-26-2012, 10:28 AM

I was there , now way I would miss my boy putting a whippin on the cats from the east. I didnt see your skinny arse there , you must have been at the snack bar .

Factory - SWEEP ???? Tried to tell you them 8th and Fresh boys aint nuttin to mess with. LOL

panfan - This morning my boss who has 8th A player from LH " Greendawg , thought you said Burnet sucked this year." Greendawg " No Boss I tole you that the Varsity was not very good " The lure was thrown and he swallowed it just like a big ole Bass. Greendawg " Boss you never ask about the 8th grade , you just ask about the Freshman "

Purple is still UGLY and Yellow looks like the shade of baby .......

panfan
10-26-2012, 10:29 AM

G-dawg - where the heck you been? My WAG earlier about you being MIA must of been some kind of ESP. Kinda like my prediction 'bout tonight. :thinking:

panfan
10-26-2012, 10:32 AM
I was there , now way I would miss my boy putting a whippin on the cats from the east. I didnt see your skinny arse there , you must have been at the snack bar .

Factory - SWEEP ???? Tried to tell you them 8th and Fresh boys aint nuttin to mess with. LOL

panfan - This morning my boss who has 8th A player from LH " Greendawg , thought you said Burnet sucked this year." Greendawg " No Boss I tole you that the Varsity was not very good " The lure was thrown and he swallowed it just like a big ole Bass. Greendawg " Boss you never ask about the 8th grade , you just ask about the Freshman "

G-dawg was there in cognito. Had his yellow wig on with the purple highlights.

panfan
10-26-2012, 10:39 AM

It'll be here soon enough. LH by 2 TDs or more. Course I said this last week against BW and was eating Crow, vulture, and turkey by the evenin's end:doh:.

LHHS_Mom
10-26-2012, 10:42 AM
LHPFactory... ahhhh I am sure it was one of those defining moments... priceless even...:D... peanut butter sammiches, some weights and some muscle milk will do the trick... :thumbsup:

Cam... me first what??... you are trying to divert attention from the fact that you haven't once denied you wear purple under that green shirt... :1popcorn::taunt:

panfan... OMG... that was FUNNY!!!.... LOL :2thumbsup

LHHS_Mom
10-26-2012, 10:52 AM
http://www.7easylife.info/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Warm-story-of-dogs-and-cats-24-pics-1.gif

Ok so this is not the 'Cat' I was looking for... but you get the idea... LOL :D:1popcorn::taunt:

buff4ever
10-26-2012, 10:53 AM

That is funny right there, but can't claim I have ever touched the stuff. I am just like this sometimes.

Good weather is finally here, enjoys the game tonight.

Cam
10-26-2012, 10:54 AM
LHPFactory... ahhhh I am sure it was one of those defining moments... priceless even...:D... peanut butter sammiches, some weights and some muscle milk will do the trick... :thumbsup:

Cam... me first what??... you are trying to divert attention from the fact that you haven't once denied you wear purple under that green shirt... :1popcorn::taunt:

panfan... OMG... that was FUNNY!!!.... LOL :2thumbsup

you first bite!!.....OK, I'll admit it....I do carry round an purple T...on days where I forget to use deodorant, I'll slip the ol' purple T under to add to the stink it normally has!!....:devil:....Look! Ever since I met Barney The Dinosaur I've got an attitude towards anything purple.....That son bitch stunk!....Course, it was bout 95 degrees out.....I still remember standin' next to ol' Barney during a break. He quietly said, "Man I hate this purple thing! It's hot as hell in here!".....:D

panfan
10-26-2012, 10:55 AM
http://www.7easylife.info/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Warm-story-of-dogs-and-cats-24-pics-1.gif

Ok so this is not the 'Cat' I was looking for... but you get the idea... LOL :D:1popcorn::taunt:

It'll do! Dawg looks like he got the snot whacked out of him.

greendawg84
10-26-2012, 10:55 AM
G-dawg - where the heck you been? My WAG earlier about you being MIA must of been some kind of ESP. Kinda like my prediction 'bout tonight. :thinking:

Man had to get some work done yesterday and this morning , for some reason the boss thinks I should work for my pay ???? WTH right. ?

Have no fear I will be around all day for your insulting enjoyment , as long as Factory dont get all serious on us.

Sure missed a lot yesterday with CAM and LHHSmom biting each other and what not ...... :blush:

panfan
10-26-2012, 10:57 AM
Man had to get some work done yesterday and this morning , for some reason the boss thinks I should work for my pay ???? WTH right.

Have no fear I will be around all day for your insulting enjoyment , as long a Factory dont get all serious on us.

Sure missed a lot yesterday with CAM and LHHSmom biting each other and what not ...... :blush:

OK - next week - regardless of tonights outcome - gotta do lunch, have your people call my people to set it up.

Cam
10-26-2012, 10:59 AM

now that's funny right there!....for some unknown reason last night, when I got home I kicked the cat!!!.......just sayin'.....then around 2am, that darn thing woke me cause he was in some serious fight with another kitty kitty....or maybe it was a LION!!!!!

Cam
10-26-2012, 11:01 AM
OK - next week - regardless of tonights outcome - gotta do lunch, have your people call me people to set it up.

don't do it Greendawg!...It's a setup!!!

Cam
10-26-2012, 11:11 AM

Thanks Greendawg! Sure is nice to weigh 200 lbs and be called skinny!....Man, we sure have lowered our standards in America!!....

panfan
10-26-2012, 11:12 AM

Cam - I'm truly hurt. Gdawg offers me a loogy burger at the Dawg pound tonight and I don't get the opportunity to return the favor next week. :dispntd:

Wish I was close to 200 lbs. Haven't seen that side of the scale since HS.

Cam
10-26-2012, 11:35 AM
That is funny right there, but can't claim I have ever touched the stuff. I am just like this sometimes.

Good weather is finally here, enjoys the game tonight.

you're like this ALL the time!!....the man's a menace!......:D

Cam
10-26-2012, 11:42 AM
Cam - I'm truly hurt. Gdawg offers me a loogy burger at the Dawg pound tonight and I don't get the opportunity to return the favor next week. :dispntd:

Why would Gdawg want a loogie burger next week?.....Don't feel bad bout the scale thing...I'm right there with ya!.....People tell me I look good for my age (lyin' sons bitches!)......and here I am with all these ailments.....high cholestorol, high blood pressure, kidney stones, small peter, bad back, brutally handsome, the list goes on and on.....but, I still manage to keep on smilin'!!....:D

Cam
10-26-2012, 11:45 AM
This just in: Burnet plays Liberty Hill tonight! Dangit!!

LHHS_Mom
10-26-2012, 12:07 PM
Cam... I said it first... does that mean you are skeered??? LOL:evillol:... one of these days that cat is going to get you back... might even cause your toe to turn purple from a massive gnarlin' :crazy1:... oh oh ohhhhhh either way it is still purple and considering you started at childhood... you were destined to FEEL THE POWER OF THE PURPLE CRUSH!:1popcorn::taunt:

panfan... LOL... that picture says it all!!... :cheerl:

Ummmmm all of you attending the game tonight are going to be COOOOOLD! brrrrr... bundle up!:2thumbsup

LHHS_Mom
10-26-2012, 12:09 PM
greendawg... I didn't know you could blush so easily:D... tell your boss it is Friday... you have some things to catch up on and be glad that you did not call in 'sick'... :crazy1:

Cam
10-26-2012, 12:41 PM
Cam... I said it first... does that mean you are skeered??? LOL:evillol:... one of these days that cat is going to get you back... might even cause your toe to turn purple from a massive gnarlin' :crazy1:... oh oh ohhhhhh either way it is still purple and considering you started at childhood... you were destined to FEEL THE POWER OF THE PURPLE CRUSH!:1popcorn::taunt:

panfan... LOL... that picture says it all!!... :cheerl:

Ummmmm all of you attending the game tonight are going to be COOOOOLD! brrrrr... bundle up!:2thumbsup

Skeered?....YES!.....if the cat ever gets me back it'll be the last time!.....I have purple toes?...Started at childhood?....Look mom...you're confusin' me here!...I ain't that intelligence!....Can you clear things up a bit?
Won't be that cold tonight! We'll be burnin' anything colored purple in the stands!...

BEAST
10-26-2012, 12:58 PM

LOL. We only have 12 seniors on the whole team. We are young.

BEAST

greendawg84
10-26-2012, 01:12 PM

See , you try to be nice to the guy and thats how you get treated.....

greendawg84
10-26-2012, 01:18 PM

OK here is the difference , CAM is 6'5" tall and 200 lbs Greendawg , 220 lbs 5'7" so you can see why I can call him skinny.

LHHSmom , I am quite shy when not under a screen name ! Just ask CAM.

LHPfactory
10-26-2012, 02:15 PM
LOL. We only have 12 seniors on the whole team. We are young.

BEAST

What was the outcome of BW and Lampasas 8th-A ?

Cam
10-26-2012, 02:16 PM
OK here is the difference , CAM is 6'5" tall and 200 lbs Greendawg , 220 lbs 5'7" so you can see why I can call him skinny.

LHHSmom , I am quite shy when not under a screen name ! Just ask CAM.

I don't know mom....I don't think Greendawg has a shy bone in his body!!.....

BEAST
10-26-2012, 02:17 PM

We won 14-6 I believe. I know we won. Score may be off.

BEAST

Cam
10-26-2012, 02:19 PM

What are the standings for 8th A? I have no idea.

Cam
10-26-2012, 02:26 PM
Yo Greendawg, notice how quiet LH folks have gotten in the last few hours? no panfan, latti, Bass, etc.....I'll bet panfan is peddlin' away on 29 already on his Pee Wee Herman Schwinn bike! Bassact is on his mulehorse, and latti is young so he's probably hitch-hikin'!.....Don't pick him up whatever you do!.....Man, they just can't wait to kick our arses!!!......

LHPfactory
10-26-2012, 02:42 PM
What are the standings for 8th A? I have no idea.

Brownwood 3-0 in district (Beat Burnet, LH, and Lampasas so will most likely be District Champ) only have Gatesville and Llano left, neither are likely to beat them.

Burnet/Lampasas 2-1

LH 1-2

Llano and Gatesville

Basically the final shake for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th will depend on how LH v Lampasas and Burnet v Lampasas come out. Thats provided these 4 all beat Llano and Gatesville.

Its football so, anything can happen including many somethings other than what I put above. Oh, I just predicted Brownwood to win out, thats like the kiss of death since my predictions have been the opposite lately.

greendawg84
10-26-2012, 02:46 PM
Yo Greendawg, notice how quiet LH folks have gotten in the last few hours? no panfan, latti, Bass, etc.....I'll bet panfan is peddlin' away on 29 already on his Pee Wee Herman Schwinn bike! Bassact is on his mulehorse, and latti is young so he's probably hitch-hikin'!.....Don't pick him up whatever you do!.....Man, they just can't wait to kick our arses!!!......

Maybe they gots scared ???? Ifin I see panfan on that damn bike I am gonna run that sunny beach over on the way home!

LHHS_Mom
10-26-2012, 02:54 PM
LOL... Cam... green... you are both nuts!... I am sure that if you need a ride along the way someone will generously offer the hood of their car... don't worry about hanging on... they will strap you down and go for a ride:D:crazy1:

panfan
10-26-2012, 02:57 PM

Wasn't going to bring this out there tonight, but.... Oh what the heck.

http://www.buzzlol.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Panther-bike.jpg

Bassact
10-26-2012, 03:02 PM

What are you doing to that Panther? You know you can go to jail for that sort of stuff.

panfan
10-26-2012, 03:05 PM
What are you doing to that Panther? You know you can go to jail for that sort of stuff.

:fnypost:

LHPfactory

Now that is funny, watch for the ice on the roads, also the sasquach will be crossing hwy 29 between Bertram and Burnet due to the winter weather.

Cam

That is the ugliest darn thing I've ever seen! Interesting, but ugly!....I thought yours was a Barney bike? Man, one bump and a slip with that big fat back tire and you'll be speakin' in a much higher pitch....or, at the very least, you will have shaved your ass!!

panfan
10-26-2012, 03:07 PM
That is the ugliest darn thing I've ever seen! Interesting, but ugly!....I thought yours was a Barney bike? Man, one bump and a slip with that big fat back tire and you'll be speakin' in a much higher pitch....or, at the very least, you will have shaved your ass!!

Gdawg won't have any problem finding me on the way to the game to run me off the road! Course now, I got moves - rode down Pikes Peak, so I know how to white knuckle it with the best!!!

It is one ugly bike.

Cam
10-26-2012, 03:12 PM
panfan, don't think I've ever asked. I might have but I forgets. Do you have a kid playing or are you some 19 year old?

panfan
10-26-2012, 03:19 PM
panfan, don't think I've ever asked. I might have but I forgets. Do you have a kid playing or are you some 19 year old?

Try 19 + another 28 years. Yes I have a boy playing tonight.

LattiCat21
10-26-2012, 03:26 PM

Young buck is back!!! Been really busy at work... Days like today give a whole new meaning to the phrase "born to fish/hunt, forced to work". I actually won't be able to make it to the game this week, so you won't have to worry about me terrorizing the streets of Burnet... tonight anyway :devil:

Hopefully LH varsity puts a good arse kickin' on the Bullpups in their own stadium. Which if my memory serves me right, is pretty tough to do (cough) due to those refs ya'll always have on the payroll ;) But should be an exciting game to watch!

Also, it'd be nice if someone could post a score update every now and then... I know, I know... Its what my 5th post, and im already asking for favors

panfan
10-26-2012, 03:29 PM
Young buck is back!!! Been really busy at work... Days like today give a whole new meaning to the phrase "born to fish/hunt, forced to work". I actually won't be able to make it to the game this week, so you won't have to worry about me terrorizing the streets of Burnet... tonight anyway :devil:

Hopefully LH varsity puts a good arse kickin' on the Bullpups in their own stadium. Which if my memory serves me right, is pretty tough to do (cough) due to those refs ya'll always have on the payroll ;) But should be an exciting game to watch!

Also, it'd be nice if someone could post a score update every now and then... I know, I know... Its what my 5th post, and im already asking for favors

I would try, but me and the tiny technology don't agree. As an OLD dude, I can't work on anything unless its under 3x mag. Factory is good about posting updates.

Cam
10-26-2012, 03:32 PM
Try 19 + another 28 years. Yes I have a boy playing tonight.

well...let's have it...what's his number so we can look for him?...Heck, if I decide to take pics down on the field I might just even walk up to him and tell him his daddy is looney!!....

LHHS_Mom
10-26-2012, 03:33 PM
LattiCat... the game should be on webcast via kmacsports.com:thumbsup:

panfan... good luck to your boy tonight... they will put a pounding on those Dawgs... :D
technology is wild... I had a guy at my office tell me that his phone was smarter than him :eek:
oh! and if you spot Cam... give him a good roughin' up... laughs

I'll be curled up with my blanket and watching Gold Rush :crazy1:

panfan
10-26-2012, 03:36 PM
well...let's have it...what's his number so we can look for him?...Heck, if I decide to take pics down on the field I might just even walk up to him and tell him his daddy is looney!!....

He already knows that! #3 DE

greendawg84
10-26-2012, 03:45 PM
Gdawg won't have any problem finding me on the way to the game to run me off the road! Course now, I got moves - rode down Pikes Peak, so I know how to white knuckle it with the best!!!

It is one ugly bike.

Agreed it is ugly, but it will help me find it in the parking lot . :devil:

Yall are on your own , I am outta here. Good luck to both and lets hope for a good game.

Cam
10-26-2012, 03:46 PM

funny you say that about the refs....I hear the same thing when Burnet goes to LH house....
And here's a good/bad story (I may have already told this): Before our playoff game vs Canyon a few seasons back. KO was minutes away. A reporter came up to me and said, "Burnet is screwed!"...I asked why. He pointed to a skinny 150 lb ref and said, "See that ref over there, he's a big time Burnet hater." Sure nuff, two long TD runs were called back that night on phantom calls. I specifically remember the 2nd flag. As our back made his final juke on the last man, I quickly glanced over to that ref. He had his hand on his flag and threw it the moment he knew our back was gonna score!.....Coaches went bananas!.....After the game, the refs booked it out of there pretty quick...Burnet season over...Remember that game Greendawg & BLEEDZ? BLEEDZ, your boys TD was the first one called back. Sweet run! I normally don't buy the crooked ref theory....but in this one case, I am almost positive there was some wrong doing going on....

greendawg84
10-26-2012, 03:46 PM

Yeah , you gotta get 100 post to vote , so you need at least 50 to ask for a favor. ;) Like panfan said Factory is good about posting the scores for us.
If you was a Bulldawg fan I would text them to you. :devil:

LattiCat21
10-26-2012, 03:48 PM
I would try, but me and the tiny technology don't agree. As an OLD dude, I can't work on anything unless its under 3x mag. Factory is good about posting updates.

Haha not a problem... Phones nowadays are tough to figure out no matter how seasoned someone may be.

Oh, by the way panfan... LOVE THE BIKE!! Looks uncomfortable as hell to ride, but definitely a looker.

LattiCat21
10-26-2012, 04:03 PM
funny you say that about the refs....I hear the same thing when Burnet goes to LH house....
And here's a good/bad story (I may have already told this): Before our playoff game vs Canyon a few seasons back. KO was minutes away. A reporter came up to me and said, "Burnet is screwed!"...I asked why. He pointed to a skinny 150 lb ref and said, "See that ref over there, he's a big time Burnet hater." Sure nuff, two long TD runs were called back that night on phantom calls. I specifically remember the 2nd flag. As our back made his final juke on the last man, I quickly glanced over to that ref. He had his hand on his flag and threw it the moment he knew our back was gonna score!.....Coaches went bananas!.....After the game, the refs booked it out of there pretty quick...Burnet season over...Remember that game Greendawg & BLEEDZ? BLEEDZ, your boys TD was the first one called back. Sweet run! I normally don't buy the crooked ref theory....but in this one case, I am almost positive there was some wrong doing going on....

Haha yeah I know... I'm sure every fan says the same thing about the refs during their teams away games... However, without a doubt the worst officials I have EVER seen on a consistent basis (everytime we played there) were the officials from Wimperley. When friends from Wimperley come over to your side after the game just to apologize for the bad officiating... Something has to be wrong!

Greendawg: Picking on the new guy I see ;) I'll give factory a shout later and see whats up.

Good luck to both teams tonight! And everyone be sure to watch out for those pork choppers patrolling 29...

Cam
10-26-2012, 04:06 PM
Ok everybody be safe!.....I'm disappearin' again!!:D:evillol:....

panfan
10-26-2012, 04:49 PM
Ok everybody be safe!.....I'm disappearin' again!!:D:evillol:....

Yes - everyone be careful going to and coming home from the game, and for the players on both sides an injury free game. Ought to be a good one.

BLEEDZGREEN
10-26-2012, 05:08 PM

Ohhhhh do I remember?!! That TD would've tied the game up, I was HOT!! That run is on my signature on the 2010 highlights @ the 1:31 mark, the ref sees my son juke the db so bad his knees buckle & all of a sudden the flag comes out right before he crosses the goal line. I wad jumping up & down happy but when I looked up @ our crowd hardly anyone was cheering & then I saw the flag! Cheers turned to anger real quick! That Burnet team would've made a good run if we could've got out of there with the W.

LHPfactory
10-26-2012, 06:02 PM
Time to paint the Green Mile Purple.

Bosqueville
10-26-2012, 10:46 PM
Liberty Hill could very well miss out on the playoffs. Very surprising..

lv2937
10-26-2012, 10:56 PM
Liberty Hill could very well miss out on the playoffs. Very surprising..

i think they r very close to not making thr play offs. i dont think the can beat gatesville. liberty hill got to learn to defend a pass. thats from the jr high on up. good job BURNET

Sville
10-26-2012, 11:00 PM
Dammit LH you screwed up the whole rotation of Bwood and Sville meeting in the playoffs for the first time ever. And that is saying something considering they have met 72 times. Now yall won't make the playoffs and we will play Burnet. Nothing against the Bulldogs but I wanted to see a playoff game against our biggest rival.

Bosqueville
10-26-2012, 11:02 PM
Dammit LH you screwed up the whole rotation of Bwood and Sville meeting in the playoffs for the first time ever. And that is saying something considering they have met 72 times. Now yall won't make the playoffs and we will play Burnet. Nothing against the Bulldogs but I wanted to see a playoff game against our biggest rival.

I agree. It's a shame! I hope your playoff game against Burnet will be in Brownwood!

BLEEDZGREEN
10-26-2012, 11:23 PM
Way to go Dawgs!! Burnet wins out they are in, coaches finally opened up the playbook. Lh's lack of execution on special teams & their bad pass defense bit them in the butt tonight.

LHPfactory
10-26-2012, 11:29 PM
LH something has happened with the team overall.... no matter who you blame, our parents need to check themselves and stop yelling at the coaches, thats piss poor and there is no excuse for it! I also heard yelling at the kids, thats down right crappy, I know its an emotional game, but these things need to be put in check. This does not represent the majority of the LH folks, but even a few doing this is way to much.

Pudlugger
10-26-2012, 11:50 PM
Big congrats to the Bulldogs! An impressive win that defines your season. Good luck going forward.

Bassact
10-26-2012, 11:53 PM
Congrats to the Dawgs. Good luck at your run at the playoffs.
Still luv my Panthers but they are spiraling down hill in a bad way.
factory if that was going on you are correct that it shouldn't happen. But it always does when things aren't going good.

Cam
10-27-2012, 01:02 AM
Time to paint the Green Mile Purple.

Did you keep your receipts?:D

Cam
10-27-2012, 01:31 AM
Nice call Inmateboss & Beast!
The boys needed a win to help them grow & build some confidence. Pretty much nobody was giving them a chance vs. The Hill. It was a good game. Some of ya'll are already counting them in for the playoffs. They still got alot of work to do & win 2 games. Anything can happen.
panfan, I like that boy of yours! He plays with some attitude! Wish he was wearin' the green & white! Is he a senior? Boatwright is a stud too. Needs to work on his footwork in coverage a bit! I liked the Perez kid too! Got some fight in him. It was funny to see him take on our #40 near our sideline. He tried like hell to bowl #40 over but 40 wasn't havin' none of that. After Perez got put on his back, he jumped up and got in 40's face with a little extra shove!...Tough kid indeed!
It was kinda cold tonight. Well it's late! I better get back in the hot tub and see if I can get my scrot to come out of my body!! When them suckers felt that cold hit em', they was gone!! This thread sure was fun! Don't know if we can get one goin' for the Llano game cause I don't think anyone from over there likes or wants to deal with us goofs. Especially that Greendawg and the quietly annoyin' BLEEDZ! That "cow" remark was hilarious by the way! Liberty Hill has some true sports & fun folks! Not to mention that menace of a man that lurks the Downlow...buff4ever!!...geez!!!

LH Panther Mom
10-27-2012, 06:45 AM
LH something has happened with the team overall.... no matter who you blame, our parents need to check themselves and stop yelling at the coaches, thats piss poor and there is no excuse for it! I also heard yelling at the kids, thats down right crappy, I know its an emotional game, but these things need to be put in check. This does not represent the majority of the LH folks, but even a few doing this is way to much.
I totally agree!

Congrats, Burnet. (Ugh...hate to say that. :( )

I'm not sure what happened between Llano & Brownwood, but we don't really look the same.

CenTexSports
10-27-2012, 07:58 AM
As an unbiased observer I have two comments:

1) Every fan should be proud of their team because both teams played their hearts out.

2) This game could be the poster child for what Friday night Texas high school footbal is all about.
a) Every player left everything he had on the field.
b) Both teams played with heart, determination and good sportsmanship.
c) After EVERY play every player jumped up and ran to the line of scrimmage ready to go again.

I didn't have a dog in the fight but I was proud of both teams for the way they played. Cudos to both teams.

Looking4number8
10-27-2012, 08:18 AM
Did you keep your receipts?:D

:spitlol:

LHHS_Mom
10-27-2012, 09:11 AM

:iagree:
It is strange to see that things are changing in sooo many ways... specially with parents... those boys are the ones that put the time into practice nearly 6 days a week along with the grueling summer time heat... Playing with Heart is important... in the end the fact that it is a Game is lost...
Those boys should keep their heads held high :)

BLEEDZGREEN
10-27-2012, 11:50 AM
Even though Burnet won the game I was disappointed in our crowd or should I say lack there of. Not many fans showed up for this game which leads me to believe that many have given up on the season. I have myself have been hard on this team but I still show up and cheer these kids on. Factory we have the same problem here with parents/fans yelling at the coaches but I have never heard anybody yelling at the kids, that is disturbing to say the least! I know if I heard someone yelling at my son for something he did on the field it would not be good for that person. Panfan your son made some nice hits out there, he has a motor that doesn't quit! I'm not gonna rub it in y'alls face, I'm just happy for the seniors on the team I know a lot of them personally & these kids fought hard last year for the class before them even when a lot of the seniors had given up before the season was even over.

panfan
10-27-2012, 12:10 PM
Way to go Dawgs!! Burnet wins out they are in, coaches finally opened up the playbook. Lh's lack of execution on special teams & their bad pass defense bit them in the butt tonight.
Congrats to Burnet. Yall wanted it more and. Defense has a ways to go . Good job Burnet.

panfan
10-27-2012, 12:17 PM
Nice call Inmateboss & Beast!
The boys needed a win to help them grow & build some confidence. Pretty much nobody was giving them a chance vs. The Hill. It was a good game. Some of ya'll are already counting them in for the playoffs. They still got alot of work to do & win 2 games. Anything can happen.
panfan, I like that boy of yours! He plays with some attitude! Wish he was wearin' the green & white! Is he a senior? Boatwright is a stud too. Needs to work on his footwork in coverage a bit! I liked the Perez kid too! Got some fight in him. It was funny to see him take on our #40 near our sideline. He tried like hell to bowl #40 over but 40 wasn't havin' none of that. After Perez got put on his back, he jumped up and got in 40's face with a little extra shove!...Tough kid indeed!
It was kinda cold tonight. Well it's late! I better get back in the hot tub and see if I can get my scrot to come out of my body!! When them suckers felt that cold hit em', they was gone!! This thread sure was fun! Don't know if we can get one goin' for the Llano game cause I don't think anyone from over there likes or wants to deal with us goofs. Especially that Greendawg and the quietly annoyin' BLEEDZ! That "cow" remark was hilarious by the way! Liberty Hill has some true sports & fun folks! Not to mention that menace of a man that lurks the Downlow...buff4ever!!...geez!!!
He is sophomore. Dawgs played really good. Us not so good

panfan
10-27-2012, 12:32 PM
[QUOTE=LHPfactory;1708138]LH something has happened with the team overall.... no matter who you blame, our parents need to check themselves and stop yelling at the coaches, thats piss poor and there is no excuse for it! I also heard yelling at the kids, thats down right crappy, I know its an emotional game, but these things need to be put in check. This does not represent the majority of the LH folks, but even a few doing this is way to mOTE]
I heard some hollerin hlolerin at the coaches, but not at the kids.

Bassact
10-27-2012, 12:45 PM
[QUOTE=LHPfactory;1708138]LH something has happened with the team overall.... no matter who you blame, our parents need to check themselves and stop yelling at the coaches, thats piss poor and there is no excuse for it! I also heard yelling at the kids, thats down right crappy, I know its an emotional game, but these things need to be put in check. This does not represent the majority of the LH folks, but even a few doing this is way to mOTE]
I heard some hollerin hlolerin at the coaches, but not at the kids.

Heard some yelling towards the coaches but nothing really derogatory - mostly just parents wanting to call plays, but that goes on whether we're winning or not. LH runs the ball they want to pass, LH passes they want to run..LOL. Didn't hear parent yelling at the kids - not in a bad way anyway.
Most vocal person in the stands was one of the coaches sisters, his mom was pretty vocal too. But it wasn't anything bad.. Just loud cheering - my ears are still ringing.

LHPfactory
10-27-2012, 02:38 PM
At the players was from the stands, I only heard/saw this once, but it was to much.

As for the coaches It happened a couple of times as they went by at the half and after the game, not necessary.

LHdog
10-27-2012, 03:18 PM
The Burnet kids played hard and deserved to win but Burnet got some good breaks. The pooch kicks they recovered were just lucky bounces. If the Liberty Hill kid fair-catches the ball, could be different outcome. Burnet's pass defense has been suspect all year and Liberty Hill had success throwing the ball. Should the Panthers have thrown more? Hind sight is always 20/20.

DocHoliday
10-27-2012, 03:30 PM
Yes Burnet caught some breaks on the kicks, but they also held the Hill several times on fourth down tries. Kiser had crazy numbers, 32-36 for 480 yards and five td's. Burnet had to have 600 plus yards of offense. This is the first game that I did not see a dropped pass fom the dawgs.

Bassact
10-27-2012, 03:38 PM
Yes Burnet caught some breaks on the kicks, but they also held the Hill several times on fourth down tries. Kiser had crazy numbers, 32-36 for 480 yards and five td's. Burnet had to have 600 plus yards of offense. This is the first game that I did not see a dropped pass fom the dawgs.

Those are crazy #'s.. But not surprising. LH didn't really contest anything Burnet was doing at the line or in the secondary. Last night put a whole new meaning to "being wide open..

LHPfactory
10-27-2012, 05:27 PM
Those are crazy #'s.. But not surprising. LH didn't really contest anything Burnet was doing at the line or in the secondary. Last night put a whole new meaning to "being wide open..

That sums it up, Congrats Burnet on the win, none of us expected that to happen, but the Bulldawgs out played us, dont like it, but thats where we are. LH lets get on track and win out, dont look past Lampasas and we all know what Gatesville brings.

lv2937
10-27-2012, 06:21 PM
The Burnet kids played hard and deserved to win but Burnet got some good breaks. The pooch kicks they recovered were just lucky bounces. If the Liberty Hill kid fair-catches the ball, could be different outcome. Burnet's pass defense has been suspect all year and Liberty Hill had success throwing the ball. Should the Panthers have thrown more? Hind sight is always 20/20.

lucky? i call it good coaching. we did it twice. i would blame it on the coach, should of never happen twice. LH just stood there and let us get to the ball.

lv2937
10-27-2012, 06:25 PM
lucky? i call it good coaching. we did it twice. i would blame it on the coach, should of never happen twice. LH just stood there and let us get to the ball. also LH scored off of 3 turnover by burnet. take that away from the score and it would of been a blow out. LH just got out play and out coached. Dont think LH play bad just got beat by a team that had more heart and desire to win.We knew we had to play lights out to win and we did. LH thought there had a cake walk.

Bassact
10-27-2012, 07:47 PM
lucky? i call it good coaching. we did it twice. i would blame it on the coach, should of never happen twice. LH just stood there and let us get to the ball.

You are correct.. but it shouldn't have happened once much less twice. Don't know what was up with that.. I'm sure he wasn't coached to not go over after the ball. And if he didn't know the first time surely he knew the second time. But who knows what was going on or what was said on the sidelines. For all we know he thought it was going out of bounds so he let it go..

Bassact
10-27-2012, 08:09 PM
also LH scored off of 3 turnover by burnet. take that away from the score and it would of been a blow out. LH just got out play and out coached. Dont think LH play bad just got beat by a team that had more heart and desire to win.We knew we had to play lights out to win and we did. LH thought there had a cake walk.

LH gave up 6 TD's - That is not good D doesn't matter who your playing. Burnet gave up 5 TD's, thats not good D either.

panfan
10-27-2012, 08:15 PM
You are correct.. but it shouldn't have happened once much less twice. Don't know what was up with that.. I'm sure he wasn't coached to not go over after the ball. And if he didn't know the first time surely he knew the second time. But who knows what was going on or what was said on the sidelines. For all we know he thought it was going out of bounds so he let it go..

I talked to the kid on that side of the ball after the game. First one he said he simply couldn't get to, was moving towards it, but Burnet kid was there before he was. Second one he said he thought it was out of bounds already. Apparently it wasn't. So there you have it.

Bassact
10-27-2012, 09:13 PM
I talked to the kid on that side of the ball after the game. First one he said he simply couldn't get to, was moving towards it, but Burnet kid was there before he was. Second one he said he thought it was out of bounds already. Apparently it wasn't. So there you have it.

Regardless of those 2 plays LH as a team did not play well enough to win.. That was just 2 of many.. Tell him to keep his headup. He's young and will have many more chances.

Bassact
10-27-2012, 09:44 PM

Regardless of those 2 plays LH as a team did not play well enough to win.. That was just 2 of many.. Tell him to keep his headup. He's young and will have many more chances.

BLEEDZGREEN
10-27-2012, 10:11 PM
Well we told y'all our D wasn't that great, ;), I said we were pretty descent vs the run & our pass D wasn't very good. There were LH players wide open all night long when they passed. Youth showed its head on both teams in different areas. Burnet will have their have hands full vs Llano especially if they throw it a bunch but we usually smash them.:D
I feel for #17 he is a stud & a great young man, my son & him are good friends they hung out a lot & even worked out together over the summer. Good Luck to him on the next level!!

Cam
10-27-2012, 11:53 PM

Like I said on post #55 (or abouts), Burnet has a very capable QB who if given time can hurt you. Has a very accurate arm. I'm surprised LH didn't blitz more.

panfan
10-27-2012, 11:59 PM
Like I said on post #55 (or abouts), Burnet has a very capable QB who if given time can hurt you. Has a very accurate arm. I'm surprised LH didn't blitz more.

me too!

Cam
10-28-2012, 12:02 AM
Does anybody know what happened to coach McHazlett's son. Morgan is a senior lineman who's football career ended last year due to an injury he suffered. But, he loves to help the coaching staff and has become an intern for them. Somewhere during the 2nd quarter, I saw the green cart taking him towards the ambulance. Ambulance took him away. I've been trying to find out what happened to him. Greendawg, BLEEDZ, or anybody else, do you know anything? Morgan is a fine young man.

BLEEDZGREEN
10-28-2012, 12:03 AM
Wow 4000 views! Cam I blew that prediction on not getting much action on this thread!:D:doh:

Cam
10-28-2012, 12:05 AM
me too!

Hey panfan....#3 sure would look good in green and white!!;)