PDA

View Full Version : Decatur @ Bridgeport- "Battle of Big Sandy"

Bullaholic
10-22-2012, 01:13 PM
This game probably doesn't have the interest elsewhere as it does in these parts because both teams are not winning that many, but it is still one of the oldest and fiercest rivalries in Texas HS football...

Bring on them dirty birds from the Evil Eastern Empire---Mess with the Bulls and get the horns---Bulls by 7-10. Go Bulls!

BullBoy
10-22-2012, 02:47 PM
Bridgeport will win this one easily. Prehaps the easiest game on the schedule.:stirpot:

firstdown
10-22-2012, 04:39 PM
:sleeping:

Not what it was a few years back. Decatur is terrible and the bulls are young. I'll take b-port by 3.

What are the feelings for Henson and Story have at their respective schools?

5wide
10-23-2012, 12:06 PM
Yes Decatur is terrible. The players are clueless. The coaches are struggling to keep their heads in the game. I don't understand how they can go from 73-21 ( 2000-07 ) and then go 25-23 (08-present). It helps when you have talent, as everyone knows that. I do believe they are better than bport. Two int's in Decaturs endzone and fumble returned for a TD by Krum and that game has a different outcome. I think Story's days are numbered but I do not put all blame on him. Decatur would be an attractive place if it were to open, it is growing like crazy and the facilities are great.

Bullaholic
10-23-2012, 12:48 PM
:taunt:, Eagles

firstdown
10-23-2012, 01:51 PM
Yes Decatur is terrible. The players are clueless. The coaches are struggling to keep their heads in the game. I don't understand how they can go from 73-21 ( 2000-07 ) and then go 25-23 (08-present). It helps when you have talent, as everyone knows that. I do believe they are better than bport. Two int's in Decaturs endzone and fumble returned for a TD by Krum and that game has a different outcome. I think Story's days are numbered but I do not put all blame on him. Decatur would be an attractive place if it were to open, it is growing like crazy and the facilities are great.

Dang 5wide...I was half way trying to draw you offsides to get a little talk going. I figured a little poke by a neutral old nemesis might be just the thing to get it started, guess not. I'm surprised that you think it's a talent/mental problem. Regardless I think both teams are at about the same place and that can make for a good game especially being a rivalry. Good luck

Bullaholic
10-23-2012, 01:57 PM
Dang 5wide...I was half way trying to draw you offsides to get a little talk going. I figured a little poke by a neutral old nemesis might be just the thing to get it started, guess not. I'm surprised that you think it's a talent/mental problem. Regardless I think both teams are at about the same place and that can make for a good game especially being a rivalry. Good luck

Right you are, fd---Records, good or bad, never seem to matter in this one. The players for both teams get up for this one and leave it all on the field. The seasons of both of these teams are kinda like Army-Navy---it's a good year for whichever team wins this one...

5wide
10-25-2012, 03:22 PM
It was 10 years ago this week, if I'm not mistaken, when these two teams met in what was Dubbed the Mud Bowl with Decatur winning 38-27. How many were there to witness??

BullBoy
10-25-2012, 03:45 PM
It was 10 years ago this week, if I'm not mistaken, when these two teams met in what was Dubbed the Mud Bowl with Decatur winning 38-27. How many were there to witness??

I was there, I believe it was my freshman year of highschool too. Man, it's been that long already? Time sure seems to go by faster the older you get. I know both teams are struggling this year but I have a feeling that tomorrows game is gonna be one hell of a game, a game that we will win.

5wide
10-25-2012, 03:54 PM
I was there, I believe it was my freshman year of highschool too. Man, it's been that long already? Time sure seems to go by faster the older you get. I know both teams are struggling this year but I have a feeling that tomorrows game is gonna be one hell of a game, a game that we will win.

Bridgeport is worse than Decatur...but Decatur lost two key players to season ending injuries. So I don't know how it will turn out now. Decatur by 20

Bullaholic
10-25-2012, 03:58 PM
I was there, also, in the mud and the rain. That was a frog strangler of a straight-down rain storm. Chandler Dane could grip the ball and spiral it---Philip Daugherty couldn't, and was throwing ducks. Bulls are going to rise up tomorrow night... Go Bulls!

BullBoy
10-25-2012, 03:58 PM
Bridgeport is worse than Decatur...but Decatur lost two key players to season ending injuries. So I don't know how it will turn out now. Decatur by 20

No way you guys win by 20, but yall could lose by that much. Bridgeport is better than Decatur, not by much but definately better.

5wide
10-25-2012, 04:58 PM
Bull Boy...I would hate to have been a freshmen at Bport in 2002, Yall got your butts kicked for the next 6 years in a row!

bobcat1
10-25-2012, 08:21 PM
I wonder if my ol' buddy Jeff Bakker will be there? Isn't his mom the infamous Boots Bakker? She is kin to bullaholic I think too?:taunt:

firstdown
10-26-2012, 09:23 AM
Any truth to the rumor that someone (maybe from Decatur) vandalized some signs and yards last night in Bridgeport?

Bullaholic
10-26-2012, 09:54 AM
I wonder if my ol' buddy Jeff Bakker will be there? Isn't his mom the infamous Boots Bakker? She is kin to bullaholic I think too?:taunt:

Jeff is one of my customers, bobcat---he is a real kick in the pants---I keep telling him I am going to put a "Support gun control laws" bumper sticker on his truck....:D

Eagle11
10-26-2012, 11:52 AM
i would say not its not true. the Bport PD guard the edge of town likes its fort knox

Eagle11
10-26-2012, 11:56 AM
we lost one to injury the other was kicked off the team for being a dumb ars. that makes two for the year. its sad they couldnt get it together and be part of the team. we actually have 8 starters out from the start of the season.

5wide
10-26-2012, 12:56 PM
Decatur leads the all time series 57-27-6...dominance.

Bullaholic
10-26-2012, 01:26 PM
Decatur leads the all time series 57-27-6...dominance.

The Bulls will get No. 28 tonight....

bobcat1
10-26-2012, 01:34 PM
Jeff is one of my customers, bobcat---he is a real kick in the pants---I keep telling him I am going to put a "Support gun control laws" bumper sticker on his truck....:D

PM sent buddy. I'll give you a little ammo. Good luck to the Bulls tonight.

BullBoy
10-26-2012, 10:02 PM
HOW BOUT THOSE BRIDGEPORT BULLS!

FINAL

Bridgeport- 28

Decatur- 21

one more win and we're in!

Sanger and Gainesville remain.

Hell of a game, better luck next year Eagles.

BullBoy
10-26-2012, 10:06 PM
Bridgeport is worse than Decatur...

Not on this night buddy.

Bullaholic
10-26-2012, 10:32 PM
Two evenly matched old rivals going at each other for 4 Quarters. It was a clean, good, Texas HS game with the Bulls coming out on top. We finally got #2 and #3 healthy and were able to put them at RB with #15 at QB. This combo worked well all night. The defense made stops when they needed to and kept Mulestein fairly well under control. The Bulls saved their best effort of the season for this one and it payed off. Best of luck to our District rivals the Decatur Eagles. I am very proud of, and for, our Bulls players.

bobcat1
10-26-2012, 10:46 PM
Congrats to the Bulls!

regaleagle
10-26-2012, 11:49 PM
Sounds like this win for the Bulls and one against Sanger will put Bridgeport in the playoffs, huh? That would throw Gainesville into DI, should they clinch. Or have they already clinched? If Krum beats Sanger tonite, I believe they clinch also.

83Indian
10-26-2012, 11:59 PM
Way to go bulls!

defense51
10-27-2012, 12:48 AM
Congrats to the Bulls on a good win!

BullBoy
10-27-2012, 01:07 AM
Sounds like this win for the Bulls and one against Sanger will put Bridgeport in the playoffs, huh? That would throw Gainesville into DI, should they clinch. Or have they already clinched? If Krum beats Sanger tonite, I believe they clinch also.
A win next week puts us in the playoffs regardless of any other outcome. I'm thinking there could even be a 3 way tie for first if Gainseville beats krum and we beat gainesville and Sanger, i might be wrong though. Really not too sure how all that works.

Eaglefan
10-27-2012, 09:27 PM
No way Bridgeport beats Gainesville. Just pray that none of your players get injured when you do play them. Decatur always has the worst luck with injuries when we play them. You should beat Sanger though, so good luck.