07-21-2003, 05:00 PM
I wanna hear everybodies opinion.

sinton66
07-21-2003, 05:30 PM
They have one. :D

Ranger Mom
07-21-2003, 05:55 PM
Yeah we do!! :D

Hey Greenwood Bro -- who the heck are you?? It's driving me crazy trying to figure out!

Who is the back-up QB gonna be this year - Bronson??

Buffalo
07-21-2003, 11:00 PM
Greenwood has one of the better QB/leaders in at any level. Why he does not get more rec. & credit just crazy. He can throw & run and is strong what else do you need.

Green Ranger
07-22-2003, 10:18 AM
Bronson is the back-up. Dawson, in my opinion is one of the best in state. He is fast, has the arm, not to mention his leg. Last season he kicked one 52 yards with room to spare and he has been working on that all summer. I would look for him to go somewhere, maybe D1 and kick. Regardless he will definetly be the leader of the team this year.

Greenwoodbro
07-22-2003, 10:35 AM
ha ha yeah we got a qb one of the best in state, Mr. Sinton 66. Does sinton got one??? Havent heard. But believe me you will hear about Greenwoods, he is one of the best in state.

Ranger Mom
07-22-2003, 10:47 AM
Sinton66 knows Dawson is good, he has seen him play and was just "funnin" with you.

Dawson hasn't gotten the recognition that I think he deserves, but I am also just a wee bit biased!!

He HAS gotten very positive recognition on this board though!! Greenwoodbro asked an opinion of a board where the vast majority of posters have never seen him play...therefore, there is not alot of people here who can give an opinion!!

lobo12
07-22-2003, 10:28 PM
Ya Dawson is a good athlete. How good was his leg agains Bandara? But come the first week of district him and Jeremy will both be shut down and finish second in 4-3a

sinton66
07-22-2003, 10:34 PM
Greenwoodbro, I was indeed funnin ya! Dawson is a very talented kid. I think he's among the top three in 3A statewide.

lobo12
07-22-2003, 10:48 PM
Most of the reason that greenwood is so good is because most of them use steroids. Its obvious, but if thats what they want to do we will beat them anyway

sinton66
07-22-2003, 11:02 PM
I can tell you for certain, if this was official at Greenwood, the entire athletic department would get their walking papers. You CANNOT come on here and make unsubstantiated statements like that. It will get you rommed in a heartbeat.

true_blue_tiger
07-23-2003, 01:44 AM
Naw, I doubt they use steroids. Could be a possiblity though, just because they were pretty dang strong. But I guess thats because they were some corn fed West Texas boys. But anyways, as for the best qb's in Texas, sinton 66, who are in your top 3? I would have to say Craig McFarlin will be up there somewhere near the top. He would've had around 1400-1500 yds if he'd been playing the whole season. Also like Dawson, he kicks, but he also is the Free Safety too.

sinton66
07-23-2003, 06:33 AM
In my opinion, Stephen McGee from Burnet is #1, Jess Buenger from Bellville is #2, and Dawson from Greenwood is #3. I have seen all three of these perform in the high round playoffs where it really counts.

Ranger Mom
07-23-2003, 08:12 AM
lobo12:
Most of the reason that greenwood is so good is because most of them use steroids. Its obvious, but if thats what they want to do we will beat them anywayDon't even go there!!! I have watched Dawson play since 3rd grade, he has ALWAYS been a strong player, even at the third grade level!! I have watched Jeremy since 7th grade, he has always been fast and strong. Have you ever thought it might just be pure old "TALENT"??

BULLDOGFAN
07-23-2003, 08:41 AM
In reply to what Lobo said... Dawson is a helluva kicker. I would have never bet he would miss a chip shot like he did, it just came at the wrong time for Greenwood and the right time for Bandera .

As to their team, they were the toughest team we played in the playoff's. How they can have all them fast boys must has be a compliment to their off season preparation. Even the linemen were fast.

vet93
07-23-2003, 09:28 AM
Mr. Lobo...I think that your comment about steriods is based on old fashioned jeolousy. I hope that you keep up this rhetoric so that Greenwood has the proper motivation to beat you guys. Otherwise, the only way that you would have had a chance to win was for Greenwood to take you lighly...which I doubt will happen now after your comments.

Ranger Mom
07-23-2003, 10:26 AM
lobo12:
Most of the reason that greenwood is so good is because most of them use steroids. Its obvious, but if thats what they want to do we will beat them anywayI am going to step outside of my usual nice self...and ask you a question!!

Where were you last year when we were playing Monahans?!?!?!

Greenwood - 28
Monahans - 0

Chief Woodman
07-23-2003, 10:37 AM
Best three in state? Let their acpmplishments on the field speak for them, not some random thought. Certainly one of the top three in the state must be Chandler Dane of Decatur. As a sophmore last year he passed for more yards than any returing QB in 3A, including all three names previously mentioned (almost 3,000). If he keeps up the pace he set last year, he will end up as one of the three top passing QB's in texas football history. Can you say that about any of the three that were mentioned? He should do even better this year. He has a better supporting cast of recievers to work with. Christian returns (JR) along with Louge who was injured with a plantar tendon last season and could not perform to his true level (SR). Along with these he now has a speedy sophmore in Spence who is an amazing athlete(cousin of the Spence from the metroplex)and a larger running back SR McKinney 6'3", 225, 4.5 40 (timed by OU, not HS Coaches). If playoffs are "the only time it counts" then the college scouts are idiots. The number one QB prospect is from the metroplex at a 5A school. He is a unbelievable player, but his team did not even make the playoffs. As this shows and we should remember that football is a TEAM sport. You can have the best HS QB in the state and not make the playoffs if you do not have a decent supporting cast.

Greenwoodbro
07-23-2003, 10:49 AM
ha ha lobo12 it will be a cold day in hell when ya'll acually get a football team to beat Greenwood. See in district. Greenwood 42, Monohans 0.

Wtx_coach
07-23-2003, 12:48 PM
Greenwoodbro:
ha ha lobo12 it will be a cold day in hell when ya'll acually get a football team to beat Greenwood. See in district. Greenwood 42, Monohans 0.Come on now Greenwoodbro, dont act like you guys in Greenwood have been a powerhouse for years, just a few years ago, Monahans would beat greenwood year in and year out if you guys would have played, but talent has gone down in Monahans a bit and yalls program has shot up mighty quickly due to hard work in off season, I dont think you guys will have a hard time against Monahans this year but never count them out, they can bite you on the butt real fast.

LOBO12 get off the board son with the steroid CRAP!

lobo12
07-23-2003, 12:49 PM
haha i was just kiddin. im not even in high school

Wtx_coach
07-23-2003, 01:15 PM
lobo12:
haha i was just kiddin. im not even in high schoolWell thats not good to get these people from greenwood riled up to play your home team

<small>[ July 23, 2003, 01:38 PM: Message edited by: Wtx_coach ]</small>

audasmom7
07-23-2003, 01:45 PM
Hey we need to start doing a back ground check before we just let any moran on here...And since the last 4yrs I think we have beaten Monahans.. :cool:

vet93
07-23-2003, 01:51 PM
Kidding about something as serious and potentially life threatening as steriods is not funny. It is reckless immaturity. Lobo...Freedom of speech is as much a responsibility as it is a right (if not moreso).

lobo12
07-23-2003, 04:11 PM
Sorry everyone, i didnt mean to get everyone mad. Greenwood is a great team and i have a lot of respect for them. So no hard feelings everybody please.

lobo12
07-23-2003, 04:21 PM
it wasnt even me, my cousin from another town got on when i left my computer on so sorry everybody

lobo12
07-23-2003, 04:25 PM
sorry guys it wasnt even me it was my cousin. He got on when i left the computer on and started mouthing. so sorry and i hope u will let me keep talkin with yall

sinton66
07-23-2003, 05:32 PM
Lobo, we all believe everyone deserves a second chance. Since you're new to the 'low, I can give you a couple of clues. 1) Never post anything controversial without some hard facts to back it up. We don't tolerate trashing kids, coaches or schools just to start an argument(not even in jest). 2) There are two rules for interaction on the 'low, Keep it clean , and have fun.
Basically, most of us prefer intelligent contribution and a sense of humor. If you can use your wit and humor, it will go a lot farther on here. wink
One last clue. If you look down in the bottom right corner of any post, you will see a link called "Report this post to a moderator". At any time, any reader can take offense at what you say and report you. If they get a lot of complaints on you, that's not good for you.

<small>[ July 23, 2003, 05:44 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

Ranger Mom
07-23-2003, 06:09 PM
lobo12:
sorry guys it wasnt even me it was my cousin. He got on when i left the computer on and started mouthing. so sorry and i hope u will let me keep talkin with yallSure....you can keep talking with us....just watch what you are "talkin" about!! The Rangers aren't perfect, but I have NEVER heard a hint of anything like you were saying. I realize you (or your cousin) were just kidding around, but unfortunately that is how rumors get started and spread like wildfire. The majority of us on here are pretty close-knit rivals, and the regulars will defend each other - BIG TIME!! eek!

Anyway, welcome aboard. I don't think we have had a Monahans poster in awhile (if ever). Do you play?? I try to remember what players I have talked to before, so I can watch them if we play them. (Like Mustang04 from Sweetwater).
:D

sinton66
07-23-2003, 06:11 PM
Chief Woodman:
Best three in state? Let their acpmplishments on the field speak for them, not some random thought. Certainly one of the top three in the state must be Chandler Dane of Decatur.Chief, with all due respect, he asked for my opinion and I gave him my opinion. I try real hard NOT to have opinions on people I have not seen play. Unfortunately, I don't know much about Dane. I did watch a lot of 3A playoff games last year, and these three were my pick.

lobo12
07-23-2003, 11:24 PM
sorry, he was just tryin to get me into trouble and yes ranger mom i do play

Wtx_coach
07-24-2003, 01:00 PM
lobo12:
sorry, he was just tryin to get me into trouble and yes ranger mom i do playHey lobo12, well thats good that you play for the loboes, I hope you guys have a good season, oh yea by the way, what position do you play?

lobo12
07-24-2003, 01:50 PM
i am a reciever and safety

Chief Woodman
07-24-2003, 03:13 PM
Sinton66- no worries. I was giving my opinion also, but many think that if you say something like that about your own QB that you are biased UNLESS there is some stat that supports your position. Thus, the info was for those who might try to tell me that I am wrong and that Dane is not one of the top three.

Chief Woodman
07-24-2003, 03:18 PM
Sitnon66- went back and read your first post closer. Though you said you had seen them, you had not said that they were the three best that you had seen. You were saying that they were the best 3 in the state. Since you have qualified that with the post about not including folks in your rankings that you had not seen, I can see your logic and choices. Have a good one dude!