City Grulla BYE

32-3A
Hidalgo Vs. Port Isabel
La Feria Vs. Progreso
Rio Hondo BYE

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-20-2012, 10:14 PM
Ok, I gotta put my foot down now.

How the hell many more games are the SAME DAMN TEAMS going to be nominated for Region IV GoTW for?

Giddings again? Gonzales again? Dude, there's many more teams south of I-10 you know. And I don't mean to sound like a homer, but I've yet to see a single game from D31 or D32 nominated for GoTW. That Raymondville vs. Kingsville King game, for instance, should be a good one.

defense51
10-20-2012, 10:27 PM
Gonzales vs. Yoakum should be a good game.

YTBulldogs
10-21-2012, 07:24 AM
We (Yoakum) are ok not being on the nomination list, if you would like a further south team on this list.

99IHSMustang
10-21-2012, 01:15 PM

How the hell many more games are the SAME DAMN TEAMS going to be nominated for Region IV GoTW for?

Giddings again? Gonzales again? Dude, there's many more teams south of I-10 you know. And I don't mean to sound like a homer, but I've yet to see a single game from D31 or D32 nominated for GoTW. That Raymondville vs. Kingsville King game, for instance, should be a good one.

I hear ya on that one TarponFan. Ingleside vs Sinton wasn't even up for nomination last week, but that is the way it goes.

Gontex
10-21-2012, 05:05 PM

Don't think I have seen anything posted about either one of those two teams on this board. What that means is there is very little interest outside of the two towns about that game. Games are nominated because people have talked them up and care about them. If you want to see other teams, then get some posters to come on this board from that area and at least act like there is a little excitement about them. Also a 3-4 team going up against a 4-4 team just doesn't seem to be a game that will have relevance even tho it may decide that district's championship.

Pudlugger
10-21-2012, 05:29 PM
Don't think I have seen anything posted about either one of those two teams on this board. What that means is there is very little interest outside of the two towns about that game. Games are nominated because people have talked them up and care about them. If you want to see other teams, then get some posters to come on this board from that area and at least act like there is a little excitement about them. Also a 3-4 team going up against a 4-4 team just doesn't seem to be a game that will have relevance even tho it may decide that district's championship.

That pretty much sums it up. Thanks Gontex.:clap:

ApachePride
10-21-2012, 05:34 PM
For the record, Gonzales is south of I-10.....

99IHSMustang
10-21-2012, 05:42 PM

I can tell you there was plenty of interest in the Sinton vs Ingleside. I didn't see it get nominated for posters to vote, but I could be mistaken.

MUSTANG69
10-21-2012, 08:04 PM

Giddings again? Gonzales again? Dude, there's many more teams south of I-10 you know. And I don't mean to sound like a homer, but I've yet to see a single game from D31 or D32 nominated for GoTW. That Raymondville vs. Kingsville King game, for instance, should be a good one.:clap:

MUSTANG69
10-21-2012, 08:09 PM
I can tell you there was plenty of interest in the Sinton vs Ingleside. I didn't see it get nominated for posters to vote, but I could be mistaken.

It wasn't nominated. To far south to be considered even though there plenty of posters that were interested.

defense51
10-21-2012, 08:35 PM
I think Yoe_09 always puts write-ins welcome on the polls.

MUSTANG69
10-21-2012, 08:50 PM
I think Yoe_09 always puts write-ins welcome on the polls.

I don't remember a write-in ever winning. Most posters probably vote then read the thread.

1st and goal
10-21-2012, 08:52 PM

Where's Raymondville? just kidding. Lighten up, like posted before, you can write in your choices. Just happens to be a popularity contest for the most part. Get more posters involved if you can.

Yoe has been doing a great job, and I don't see anyone standing in line to take his place. In fact, his team has dropped to 2A. He's just doing this for the love of the sport and this game. It's not his fault that historically, not too many deep playoff contenders come from far south Texas. There have been some special teams and state champs, just not too many lately.

Yoe_09
10-21-2012, 10:14 PM
I have added the Raymondville/Kingsville King game to the poll. The poll has also been reset.

This is exactly why I put write-ins are welcomed. If I generally see a few comments about a particular game(Region III this week being an example), I will put that game into the poll and reset it. I know these regional polls sometimes may certainly become a popularity contest, I don't doubt that. Next year I am probably going to open up discussion as to whether or not I should just choose a game, or open it up to the board. I have always felt that the people of this board should be the ones do decide, so that I why I have done it this way. This is my first year doing every region, so it is a learning process for me, and I know mistakes are going to be made. I appreciate the feedback. It will only make this better in the end.

Pudlugger
10-21-2012, 10:50 PM
Yoe on this thread now that it is reset to 0 my screen states that I have already voted and will not let me vote again now that it is reset. What's up?

Yoe_09
10-21-2012, 10:59 PM
What about now?

defense51
10-21-2012, 11:09 PM
Yoe on this thread now that it is reset to 0 my screen states that I have already voted and will not let me vote again now that it is reset. What's up?

Same here

Pudlugger
10-21-2012, 11:14 PM
What about now?

nope

Yoe_09
10-21-2012, 11:18 PM
Okay. For some reason whenever I add a new poll, the old remains. I am going to create a new thread.

Yoe_09
10-21-2012, 11:23 PM
1. La Grange Vs. Giddings
2. Gonzales Vs. Yoakum
3. Bellville Vs. Wharton
4. Raymondville Vs. Kingsville King

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-21-2012, 11:24 PM
Raymondville vs. Kingsville GoTW

Yoe_09
10-21-2012, 11:28 PM
Alright, refer to the new Region IV GotW thread: http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?119859-Region-IV-Week-8-GotW-VOTE-HERE

The poll has been reset and everyone should be able to vote.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-21-2012, 11:31 PM
Where's Raymondville? just kidding. Lighten up, like posted before, you can write in your choices. Just happens to be a popularity contest for the most part. Get more posters involved if you can.

Trust me, I'm one of the moderators over on the 956SportsForum boards (the Rio Grande Valley boards) I've tried to get some of the regular 3A posters there to come over here since the 5A teams' fans pretty much dominate that board now.

There are tons of people from Port Isabel, several from Rio Hondo, I know there's one from La Feria, two from Raymondville, and two from Hidalgo. The problem is, they feel that whenever they join a state-wide board such as this one, they feel disrespected and insulted by members. As you know, the Rio Grande Valley doesn't get very much respect when it comes to it's football. There are several posters here that seem to thoroughly enjoy making fun of the Rio Grande Valley and they aren't even discreet about it.

If the 3ADL could get that changed somehow, then maybe there would be some more representation from people south of Corpus Christi on this board.

That's my 2 cents, for what it's worth from a white guy from Port Isabel.

YTBulldogs
10-22-2012, 08:36 AM
Good job Yoe.