PDA

View Full Version : Venus (7-0) (1-0) @ Stephenville (6-1) (2-0)

Ville-D
10-21-2012, 10:48 PM
Since no one else has done it yet... Who ya got?

Bosqueville
10-21-2012, 10:52 PM
What a waste of the poll function!

hollywood
10-21-2012, 10:54 PM
Ville 49
Venus 0

Inmateboss
10-21-2012, 10:54 PM
Venus, just because!!

Expect to win, Play to win!!! Go Graham Steers
Go # 5

Ville-D
10-21-2012, 11:05 PM
Ville 49
Venus 0

I think it'll be more. I bet Stidham will be working at QB for most of the second half and will light it up.

defense51
10-21-2012, 11:12 PM
Jackets roll probably by 60 or more, the 7-0 record for Venus is very misleading.

DKfromDUB
10-22-2012, 05:48 AM
I think it'll be more. I bet Stidham will be working at QB for most of the second half and will light it up.

So maybe the poll should be, how many touchdowns will Stidham score?

Indian 1985
10-22-2012, 09:38 AM
Venus is obviously good, (compared to the other teams they have played) but the Ville is going to crush them like an empty soda can.

Pendragon13
10-22-2012, 01:01 PM
A planet roughly the size of earth vs a town named for some old dude...hmm.

Gotta go with the dawgs!

OldBison75
10-22-2012, 01:20 PM
Stephenville gets the chance to pad their stats this week. Stephenville 49 Venus 0 by halftime. Will probably be about 63-0 by the end.

Manso/V8
10-23-2012, 03:43 PM
I am pulling for the underdog in this one.

toddg
10-23-2012, 04:24 PM
I am pulling for the underdog in this one.

you can pull till the cows comr home..it will not help

defense51
10-23-2012, 06:14 PM
The Jackets should dominate in every aspect of the game this week.

Hendo
10-23-2012, 06:50 PM
63-7 The Ville. And Stidham sees PT late in the first half.

Smitty
10-23-2012, 07:34 PM
63-7 The Ville. And Stidham sees PT late in the first half.

:iagree: with the score

I think Stidham starts taking snaps at the start of the second quarter

defense51
10-23-2012, 07:37 PM
Looks like 4 people are betting on the long shot.

Lions88
10-23-2012, 09:12 PM
I think the Ville Breaks 100 in this game...

The Ville 102
The Planet Venus: 3

Ville-D
10-23-2012, 09:49 PM
I think the Ville Breaks 100 in this game...

The Ville 102
The Planet Venus: 3

I don't think Coach Gillespie would allow that to happen.

I wouldnt take them to Vegas with me. LOL

Ville-D
10-24-2012, 07:26 AM

Some people trying to be funny or, a deep seated dislike (based in fear) of Stephenville...

Either way it is funny.

Pudlugger
10-24-2012, 07:45 AM
What does Stephanville, Brownwood and Jasper have in common?

They all came on the board from 4a realignment and talked up how they were going to be State Champions. If you want to know why some posters are not on the Stephenville band wagon maybe it is due to this annoying hubris.:1popcorn::stirpot:

Hendo
10-24-2012, 08:10 AM

They all came on the board from 4a realignment and talked up how they were going to be State Champions. If you want to know why some posters are not on the Stephenville band wagon maybe it is due to this annoying hubris.:1popcorn::stirpot:

I don't think it is a matter of being on the band wagon. We have plenty of true fans no need for band wagoners. I think its just an amazment of the lack of common since in some peoples picks.

Pudlugger
10-24-2012, 08:11 AM
Lack of common sense or a protest vote?;)

Ville-D
10-24-2012, 08:27 AM

I'd guess you voted Obama last election out of the same mentality. :spitlol:

Indian 1985
10-24-2012, 08:29 AM

Perhaps it can be attributed to an acute case of cranial rectumitis. I hear it is very contagious.

Pudlugger
10-24-2012, 09:32 AM
:cool:
I'd guess you voted Obama last election out of the same mentality. :spitlol:

Who would be that crazy! Seriously we all know Stephenville has a great team this year but looking back over the past 10 years I have seen it before. A good 4a team comes down to 3a and assumes they will win it all. That didn't happen to Jasper and it didn't happen to Brownwood. To win State takes a lot of talent but also some good luck. This year 3a has more talented teams then I can remember and the play off drama will be intense. Good luck the rest of the way but please show a little respect to decent teams like Venus and quit with the snarky remarks about 70 + wins.:cool:

Who would be that crazy! Seriously we all know Stephenville has a great team this year but looking back over the past 10 years I have seen it before. A good 4a team comes down to 3a and assumes they will win it all. That didn't happen to Jasper and it didn't happen to Brownwood. To win State takes a lot of talent but also some good luck. This year 3a has more talented teams then I can remember and the play off drama will be intense. Good luck the rest of the way but please show a little respect to decent teams like Venus and quit with the snarky remarks about 70 + wins.:cool:

Venus sucks!!!

hollywood
10-24-2012, 10:30 AM

It's a meassage board and most use this for fun. Or not. Anyway, Venus's record does not reflect there strength. Have you seen who they've played?

Stephenville doesn't claim they will win state this year. But it's a very good shot for them. This team isn't just a good 4A team that dropped down. It's almost perfect timing. Half of last seasons quarter finals team is back this season and is getting better each week. There are some really good teams around the state, so it's not going to be an easy road. But I like how they are playing right now. ;)

Pudlugger
10-24-2012, 11:31 AM
Hollywood I do not disagree with any of what you say. I just reacted to the snark in some of the posts on this thread and the obnoxious poll. Any team that goes 7-0 ought naught be held in such obvious contempt. If that is not clear to folks here than there isn't much more I can say. It is that attitude that has been promoted in sports commentary like ESPN etc. that undermines the opportunity to learn sportsmanship and character in team sports. Over and out.:tisk:

TXfootballboi!
10-24-2012, 12:11 PM
Stephenville 100-0 .. honestly venus is not good at all! Yes they are 7-0 but against 2a schools and one 4a school who had 32 people on tge roster.. stephenville has too many weapons! They will destory venus up and down

theville
10-24-2012, 12:23 PM
Hollywood I do not disagree with any of what you say. I just reacted to the snark in some of the posts on this thread and the obnoxious poll. Any team that goes 7-0 ought naught be held in such obvious contempt. If that is not clear to folks here than there isn't much more I can say. It is that attitude that has been promoted in sports commentary like ESPN etc. that undermines the opportunity to learn sportsmanship and character in team sports. Over and out.:tisk:

Well, when the teams that Venus has beaten are a combined 5-39........come on man! They STILL have good stats though.....

TXfootballboi!
10-24-2012, 02:51 PM
I was pulling for alvarado last week and i will pull for stephenville this week! And if there are venus fans.or players or whatever on here! Yall have no chance at all.. stepehenvilles offense will drop 50 at least. Yalls d-line wont touch their QB . Alvaraod d-line barley got after him.. he will pick apart yalls secondary like tom brady does against everybody in the nfl! Their defense will destory yalls o-line amd get after yalls RB and QB... i hate to say it because yall are underdogs.and prob shouldnt even make the drive out there. Venus will be brought back down to earth this friday.. oh yea venus wont score either! And whoever voted venus to stay undefeated against the ville are idoits

Pudlugger
10-24-2012, 02:59 PM
I was pulling for alvarado last week and i will pull for stephenville this week! And if there are venus fans.or players or whatever on here! Yall have no chance at all.. stepehenvilles offense will drop 50 at least. Yalls d-line wont touch their QB . Alvaraod d-line barley got after him.. he will pick apart yalls secondary like tom brady does against everybody in the nfl! Their defense will destory yalls o-line amd get after yalls RB and QB... i hate to say it because yall are underdogs.and prob shouldnt even make the drive out there. Venus will be brought back down to earth this friday.. oh yea venus wont score either! And whoever voted venus to stay undefeated against the ville are idoits

With fans like this Sville dowsn't need any detractors.:tisk:

TXfootballboi!
10-24-2012, 04:32 PM
Im not a stephenville fan... i just dont like the bulldogs

defense51
10-24-2012, 05:29 PM
Jackets roll probably by 60 or more, the 7-0 record for Venus is very misleading.

I've had a change of heart.

Final score: Stephenville 3
Venus 2

Pudlugger
10-24-2012, 05:45 PM
:clap::clap::clap:
I've had a change of heart.

Final score: Stephenville 3
Venus 2

Any of the 4 like 10 to 1 odds?

Ville-D
10-24-2012, 10:57 PM
Any of the 4 like 10 to 1 odds?

Venus Remains Undefeated: 5

29-3aFAN, bobcat1, firstdown, Manso/V8, Pudlugger

I can see why MansoN8 and PudPuller voted this way... Showing their football intelligence. What is the story with the other 3?

I'll give then 10 to 1 odds too.

toddg
10-24-2012, 11:28 PM

I can see why MansoN8 and PudPuller voted this way... Showing their football intelligence. What is the story with the other 3?

probably just dont know Venus..ya'll take it easy on the bulldogs...a lot of 2 way players on that team.

Pudlugger
10-25-2012, 12:57 AM

Maybe they think Ville-D and other Stephenville fans who come on the board and run down other teams and posters are just arrogant and don't deserve our support.

regaleagle
10-25-2012, 01:19 AM
So when is the last time Venus has been 7-0 in a football season? Have they ever gone undefeated in the regular season in football? How long have they been in 3A? Where's the Venus posters this season?

jason
10-25-2012, 07:45 AM
So when is the last time Venus has been 7-0 in a football season? Have they ever gone undefeated in the regular season in football? How long have they been in 3A? Where's the Venus posters this season?
they don't have internet in venus

vtskneb
10-25-2012, 08:22 AM
Maybe they think Ville-D and other Stephenville fans who come on the board and run down other teams and posters are just arrogant and don't deserve our support.

I thought that is how fans treated one another on this site. We were just taking the lead from all you old timers on here. Funny when its only okay for posters that have been here longer than Stephenville fans.

Indian 1985
10-25-2012, 09:00 AM

I don't think the Stephenville fans are arrogant. They are just mighty proud of their boys. Deservedly so.

refereedoc
10-25-2012, 09:15 AM

Are you a native of La Grange??

Ville-D
10-25-2012, 09:31 AM

Can you point me to where I have ever "run down other teams"? Now on the second point... if a poster is being an a$$ or on idiot then I have no problem pointing that out.

Ville-D
10-25-2012, 09:33 AM
Are you a native of La Grange??

Maybe he used to live in Brownwood...

Pudlugger
10-25-2012, 10:12 AM
Can you point me to where I have ever "run down other teams"? Now on the second point... if a poster is being an a$$ or on idiot then I have no problem pointing that out.

Your Poll reveals your arrogance. You are running down Venus when you imply 70+ wins as an option on your poll. You should show some respect to other teams and posters rather than bluster and name calling. You will find out that that is not appreciated by those on this board that have been around awhile. You are very immature and your attitude is poor. People don't like braggarts and show offs so you reflect poorly on your team. Promote your team all you want but stop calling people names and making fun of other teams that may not meet your criteria for worthiness.:tisk:

hollywood
10-25-2012, 10:25 AM
Your Poll reveals your arrogance. You are running down Venus when you imply 70+ wins as an option on your poll. You should show some respect to other teams and posters rather than bluster and name calling. You will find out that that is not appreciated by those on this board that have been around awhile. You are very immature and your attitude is poor. People don't like braggarts and show offs so you reflect poorly on your team. Promote your team all you want but stop calling people names and making fun of other teams that may not meet your criteria for worthiness.:tisk:

LOL... wow!

You know, I've been on this board for a little over 4 years. Not nearly as long as others. But don't you think you're taking this a little TOO serious?? This is message board where banter is given and taken however the person perceives it. I know Ville-D and he is not arrogant by any means. Great guy. You just need to lighten up a little bit Pudlugger. Besides, only a hand full of "fans" get on this site. It's not like it's broadcasted across every schools campus. Have fun with it. We are.

Sville
10-25-2012, 10:45 AM
Butplugger got his feelings hurt that I ranked his La Grange Leopards below Gonzales in the regional fan poll. A team that La Grange beat by 1 point earlier this year.

Pudlugger
10-25-2012, 10:51 AM
Butplugger got his feelings hurt that I ranked his La Grange Leopards below Gonzales in the regional fan poll. A team that La Grange beat by 1 point earlier this year.

You make my case. You are immature and arrogant and act the fool. Proverbs 18:6 comes to mind.:tisk:

vtskneb
10-25-2012, 10:55 AM
Well the fact remains that that is a possible outcome. Chances are our coaching staff will not let it get to that point but it is very conceivable. Are you mad at the name calling of Stephenville posters, players or platoons on their team? I don't see you taking up your cause in these instances? I love the hypocritical attitude of this board especially from the "old-timers". Stephenville players and coaches did nothing to provoke such venom flowing from the moral compass that is the 3A downlow.

Step back take a drink and enjoy your team during the season. Quit bickering about what others are doing and you will enjoy your site much more. I am sure you already new that which is even more perplexing as to why you would stoop to such an immature response in a thread that has nothing to do with you. You are nothing more than a wolf in sheep's clothing, same song different verse from an all knowing old-time downlower.

Sville
10-25-2012, 10:56 AM
You make my case. You are immature and arrogant and act the fool. Proverbs 18:6 comes to mind.:tisk:

Just so there is no misunderstanding between you and I, I am making fun of you and not LG.

And one more thing, lighten up Francis.

vtskneb
10-25-2012, 10:58 AM

Matthew 7:5

vtskneb
10-25-2012, 11:02 AM
Just so there is no misunderstanding between you and I, I am making fun of you and not LG.

And one more thing, lighten up Francis.

That would be too easy. They sure can dish it out but have a hard time taking it when we feed them their own medicine.

Txbroadcaster
10-25-2012, 11:12 AM
Matthew 7:5

Txbroadcaster 1:1 Dont get so butt hurt people this is just a message board

Oh by the way I said Venus Sucks. Nothing personal to Venus but 7-0 is misleading to say the least. If you dont think so ill give ya 20-1 odds. You in?

defense51
10-25-2012, 11:30 AM

:2thumbsup

Old Timer
10-25-2012, 11:46 AM
Hahaha! That was pretty funny txbroadcaster!

FriskyBadger
10-25-2012, 11:50 AM
Is this game really a thread??? everybody knows that Venus is going to get killed by the Vill on Friday. If their is a venus fan out their that thinks they will win or even make playoffs this year is CRAZY.... I think your coach was pretty smart in picking games this year its looks better to be 7-3 and not make playoffs then to be 0-10 (I guess)... I don't ever fault someone for being a homer, and always thinking your team has a chance but dont get mad when other teams fans tell it like it is.

Sville
10-25-2012, 12:38 PM
Venus' opponents are a combined 5-39. Just to give some perspective on how bad Venus' opponents have been, here are their Padilla Poll rankings. 2A-D1 schools, Red Oak Life ranked 108 out of 109. 3A schools FW Diamond-Hill Jarvis ranked 180 out of 182, Hillsboro 171, Mabank 161, and Dallas Roosevelt 143. 4A schools, Dallas Jefferson ranked 247 out of 247, dead last and FW Poly ranked 243.

Matthew328
10-25-2012, 12:51 PM
Stephenville 50-74 is a realistic option when it comes to this game

vtskneb
10-25-2012, 12:54 PM

That was my next quote.

Sville
10-25-2012, 01:05 PM
What I find hilarious is buttplugger got butt hurt over me "disrespecting" his La Grange team by ranking them lower than Gonzales in a freakin 'fan poll'. Then he specifically comes to this thread to start chit, and tries to get all self righteous on us.

To quote Doc Holiday from the greatest movie ever,

"It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds. "

Wyatt Earp, "Doc you're not a hypocrite, you just like to sound like one."

Indian 1985
10-25-2012, 01:16 PM
Don't let the naysayers rent space in your head, Sville.
When the Jackets show Venus what it is like to play a real football team, the Keyboard Kowboys in here will be eating crow.

hollywood
10-25-2012, 01:21 PM
Don't let the naysayers rent space in your head, Sville.
When the Jackets show Venus what it is like to play a real football team, the Keyboard Kowboys in here will be eating crow.

That's funny! Notice that none came back to eat this week. If SV would have lost to AV, thread would have exploded!!

Indian 1985
10-25-2012, 01:36 PM
That's funny! Notice that none came back to eat this week. If SV would have lost to AV, thread would have exploded!!
You're probably right.

Ville-D
10-25-2012, 01:59 PM

First it is StephEnville, with an E... Stop being disrespectful to us.

Second, Sorry that my poll hurt your feelings... I saw somewhere that you mentioned moving to LG about 18 years ago. I thought it might have been from somewhere like BW or another StephEnville rival, but was it actually from Venus?

Third, I'd say that the common thing would be that we dropped down from 4a and that is where it stops. To say that you can base our performance this year on the performance of other "4a drop-downs" from the past is absolutely ridiculous. Kind of like picking Venus to win this week. (The way of a fool seems right to him, but a wise man listens to advice.)

Lets let the year play our and then we can talk about how StephEnville did in their first drop-down year.

One thing you never heard from our kids, coaches and even fans over the past several years was any complaining about being the smallest team in 4a. We competed and had pretty good success. Aledo just seemed to be a step ahead the past 3 years or I think we'd have gotten at least one SC maybe more. Were these drop-downs you mention contenders before they dropped?

No need to be anti-StephEnville just because you don't like me. Heck if Venus scores more than 14 points then when I am back in La Grange for Christmas I'll buy you a beer and a steak from Royer's Round Top Cafe... If they score 15 or more points then you can buy me a burger from Riverside Cafe.

Ville-D
10-25-2012, 02:29 PM
First it is StephEnville, with an E... Stop being disrespectful to us.

Second, Sorry that my poll hurt your feelings... I saw somewhere that you mentioned moving to LG about 18 years ago. I thought it might have been from somewhere like BW or another StephEnville rival, but was it actually from Venus?

Third, I'd say that the common thing would be that we dropped down from 4a and that is where it stops. To say that you can base our performance this year on the performance of other "4a drop-downs" from the past is absolutely ridiculous. Kind of like picking Venus to win this week. (The way of a fool seems right to him, but a wise man listens to advice.)

Lets let the year play our and then we can talk about how StephEnville did in their first drop-down year.

One thing you never heard from our kids, coaches and even fans over the past several years was any complaining about being the smallest team in 4a. We competed and had pretty good success. Aledo just seemed to be a step ahead the past 3 years or I think we'd have gotten at least one SC maybe more. Were these drop-downs you mention contenders before they dropped?

No need to be anti-StephEnville just because you don't like me. Heck if Venus scores more than 14 points then when I am back in La Grange for Christmas I'll buy you a beer and a steak from Royer's Round Top Cafe... If they score 15 or more points then you can buy me a burger from Riverside Cafe.

Should have been: if Venus scores more than 14 points then when I am back in La Grange for Christmas I'll buy you a beer and a steak from Royer's Round Top Cafe... If they score 13 or less points then you can buy me a burger from Riverside Cafe.

Phone rang while I was finishing my manifesto.

Pudlugger
10-25-2012, 03:53 PM
Not trying to be funny on the spelling just my mistake. I came from Ventura County CA moving to La Grange in 1994. Sealy was the bad boy back in those early Lep fan days. We did give them the one loss in between their two 30+ streaks though in 1997 when we played them twice. We lost to them in the semi-final at the Astrodome.
Jasper was a winning program and most folks felt they were a shoo in for SC much like Stephenville now. I believe they lost to Burnet in the semi-final but am not positive. They didn't win state though and a lot of folks were surprised after all the hoopla all season long. As for Brownwood I'm sure you recall Jaxon Shipley and the 2009 Lions.
La Grange has their big game tomorrow against a real quality opponent that has dominated the Leps for a decade. We hope to turn that around with a win. I thought you understood my intent in picking Venus was not to predict the actual outcome of the game but to poke yall a little with a stick because I felt sorry for Venus with yall ridiculing them with your poll. I guess I was successful as attested by this humongus thread. Let's just leave it at that and laugh while we go our separate ways.
Good luck the rest of the way.:wave:;)

J2M2SR
10-25-2012, 03:55 PM
How many ranked opponents has the Ville downed this year in both 4a and 3a? Just saying.......

“You can only be jealous of someone who has something you think you ought to have yourself.”
Margaret Atwood

swineflu
10-25-2012, 04:09 PM
Seen just one of these teams play this year.....can't imagine anyone better the The 'Ville.

BEAST
10-25-2012, 04:16 PM
Not trying to be funny on the spelling just my mistake. I came from Ventura County CA moving to La Grange in 1994. Sealy was the bad boy back in those early Lep fan days. We did give them the one loss in between their two 30+ streaks though in 1997 when we played them twice. We lost to them in the semi-final at the Astrodome.
Jasper was a winning program and most folks felt they were a shoo in for SC much like Stephenville now. I believe they lost to Burnet in the semi-final but am not positive. They didn't win state though and a lot of folks were surprised after all the hoopla all season long. As for Brownwood I'm sure you recall Jaxon Shipley and the 2009 Lions.
La Grange has their big game tomorrow against a real quality opponent that has dominated the Leps for a decade. We hope to turn that around with a win. I thought you understood my intent in picking Venus was not to predict the actual outcome of the game but to poke yall a little with a stick because I felt sorry for Venus with yall ridiculing them with your poll. I guess I was successful as attested by this humongus thread. Let's just leave it at that and laugh while we go our separate ways.

Uh, our best team was the 2010 Lions. 09' wasnt bad though.

BEAST

Pudlugger
10-25-2012, 05:12 PM
Uh, our best team was the 2010 Lions. 09' wasnt bad though.

BEAST

Right, but I was referring to the debut of Brownwood to 3a.

vtskneb
10-25-2012, 07:16 PM

Well, bye.

Lions88
10-25-2012, 07:53 PM
Well the fact remains that that is a possible outcome. Chances are our coaching staff will not let it get to that point but it is very conceivable. Are you mad at the name calling of Stephenville posters, players or platoons on their team? I don't see you taking up your cause in these instances? I love the hypocritical attitude of this board especially from the "old-timers". Stephenville players and coaches did nothing to provoke such venom flowing from the moral compass that is the 3A downlow.

Step back take a drink and enjoy your team during the season. Quit bickering about what others are doing and you will enjoy your site much more. I am sure you already new that which is even more perplexing as to why you would stoop to such an immature response in a thread that has nothing to do with you. You are nothing more than a wolf in sheep's clothing, same song different verse from an all knowing old-time downlower.

I think people know me on this board as not giving a crap about what people say or hurting someones feelings. With that being said, if you think that Venus is going to be beat the Ville you need to go get your head checked. Ville could beat them by 100 if they wanted too.. Venus is a terrible team with a terrible history of football. There is no doubt that Venus is going to lose the next 3 games. No way they beat the ville... and they aint beating Glenrose either. Plus did you know that Venus has NEVER beaten Alvarado in football?? Thanks to the Alvarado fan that shared that info with me ;)

This thread is comical at best... why Venus is even being mentioned is ridiculous. Lets talk about teams that are actually good at football. Like the Carthages, Gilmers, Henderson, Celina, Abliene Wyile, Glenrose, The Ville, Alvarado... Navasota...all those teams..but good lord.. please quit talking about Venus like they are actually good at football :vrycnfsd:

i think people know me on this board as not giving a crap about what people say or hurting someones feelings. With that being said, if you think that venus is going to be beat the ville you need to go get your head checked. Ville could beat them by 100 if they wanted too.. Venus is a terrible team with a terrible history of football. There is no doubt that venus is going to lose the next 3 games. No way they beat the ville... And they aint beating glenrose either. Plus did you know that venus has never beaten alvarado in football?? Thanks to the alvarado fan that shared that info with me ;)

this thread is comical at best... Why venus is even being mentioned is ridiculous. Lets talk about teams that are actually good at football. Like the carthages, gilmers, henderson, celina, abliene wyile, glenrose, the ville, alvarado... Navasota...all those teams..but good lord.. Please quit talking about venus like they are actually good at football :vrycnfsd:

like i said they suck!!!

Lions88
10-25-2012, 08:22 PM
:iagree:
like i said they suck!!!

TXfootballboi!
10-25-2012, 11:05 PM
They dont suck.... they are god awful! Last year alvarado was beating them 71-0 with 5mins and 47 secs left jn the 3rd qrt but then alvarados coach ran fullback plays to stop scoring.. they wont even move the ballpast the 50 and i talked to venus llayers and they think they have a chance!

Bug Truck
10-26-2012, 12:11 AM
They usually will fall behind and then cheap shots start to come in bunches. One game in the past they had 15 pf calls.

garciap77
10-26-2012, 12:02 PM
Venus by 28 points!

J2M2SR
10-26-2012, 12:16 PM
Baaaahhaaaaa ha ha haaaaaa ha ha......that's funny......you been licking windows.....Venus by 28.....baaahaaaaaaha.......pipe dream

They usually will fall behind and then cheap shots start to come in bunches. One game in the past they had 15 pf calls.

Thats why we need to keep our starters out of the game and play backups after 28-0. If we played starters and wanted to we could put up 100.

BEAST
10-26-2012, 02:02 PM
Right, but I was referring to the debut of Brownwood to 3a.

Ok, our debut was 08'. You are all kinds of confused.

BEAST

Indian 1985
10-26-2012, 04:15 PM
Venus by 28 points!
Put down the crack pipe and back away very slowly!

Ville-D
10-27-2012, 12:22 AM
http://www.yourstephenvilletx.com/sports/high_school/article_1c272b66-1feb-11e2-ba3e-0019bb2963f4.html

Stephenville stomps Venus on homecoming night

Posted: Friday, October 26, 2012 11:02 pm | Updated: 11:23 pm, Fri Oct 26, 2012. By BRAD KEITH brad.keith@empiretribune.com

(brad.keith@empiretribune.com)

Previously unbeaten Venus had allowed 39 points all season. Stephenville scored more than that by halftime Friday.
Brice Gunter hauled in four touchdown passes, Preston Brown returned two kicks for scores and the Yellow Jacket defense forced eight punts as Stephenville (7-1, 3-0) rolled to a 50-0 lead on its way to a 56-13 victory over Venus on homecoming night at Tarleton Memorial Stadium.
The victory assured Stephenville at least a share of the District 7-3A title, while Venus will need a win over either Alvarado or Glen Rose the next two weeks to make the 3A Division II playoffs. Stephenville can win its first outright district championship since 2009 and its second under fifth-year head coach Joe Gillespie with a victory at Hillsboro next week.

Witt Westbrook had touchdown runs of 53 and 46 yards and finished with a season-best 147 yards on only 10 carries. Gunter had six receptions for 110 yards.

Stephenville finished with 357 yards of offense on just 33 snaps while Venus had just 139 total yards including only five through the air. The Bulldogs entered the contest averaging 36 points per game.

Stephenville's starting defense sat out the second half, when a running clock was used to shorten the game. Most of the offensive starters were resting by the end of the third quarter.

Note: Adelheid Mallory was crowned Stephenville's homecoming queen…In other 7-3A action, Glen Rose defeated Alvarado 41-28 to earn a leg up in the race for second place in the district and the league's top 3A Division II playoff seed. Glen Rose is coached by former Stephenville assistant Tommy Dunn…. Hillsboro was idle Friday.

District 7-3A standings

Stephenville 3-0
Glen Rose 1-1
Alvarado 1-2
Venus 1-1
Hillsvboro 0-2

Stephenville 56, Venus 13
Friday, Oct. 26, 2012
Tarleton Memorial Stadium

Box Score:
Venus (7-1, 1-1) 0 0 6 7 13
Stephenville (7-1, 3-0) 21 22 13 0 56

S 1 11:47 Preston Brown 90 kickoff return (Luis Garcia kick) 7-0
S 1 7:03 Brice Gunter 6 pass from Tyler Jones (Garcia kick) 14-0
S 1 5:14 Witt Westbrook 53 run (Garcia kick) 21-0
S 2 8:01 Gunter 48 pass from Jones (Gunter pass from Jones) 29-0
S 2 5:26 Westbrook 46 run (Garcia kick) 36-0
S 2 2:16 Gunter 30 pass from Tyler Jones (Garcia kick) 43-0
S 3 5:21 Gunter 7 pass from Jones (Garcia kick) 50-0
V 3 0:05 Rene Rivas 34 run (kick failed) 50-6
S 3 0:00 Brown 80 yard kickoff return (kick blocked) 56-6
V 4 5:19 Heath Dugan 10 run (Martin Escalona kick) 56-13

Ville-D
10-27-2012, 12:29 AM
Venus by 28 points!

Hey Garcia, I never received those pictures from the Amarillo game that you sent me.

Indian 1985
10-27-2012, 12:38 AM
The Venus loss was no surprise at all. I knew that Stephenville would crush them like an empty soda can.
I am surprised that Stephenvlle actually allowed Venus to score, but then again, all of the Stephenville starters were on the sidelines.

Venus has no chance of beating Glenrose or Alvarado.

Ville-D
10-28-2012, 12:52 PM
Highlights...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9sCLbelILI

Sville
10-28-2012, 07:46 PM
The Venus loss was no surprise at all. I knew that Stephenville would crush them like an empty soda can.
I am surprised that Stephenvlle actually allowed Venus to score, but then again, all of the Stephenville starters were on the sidelines.

Venus actually had 3 decent RBs with above average speed. They were not very good everywhere else. But yes our depth got some serious playing time Friday as did some JV move ups. it will be even worse this Friday. The Hillsboro game is the worse mismatch I can ever remember a Sville team having. They seriously may want to do a running clock from the start to avoid it getting too out of hand.

Sville
10-28-2012, 07:46 PM

Venus actually had 3 decent RBs with above average speed. They were not very good everywhere else. But yes our depth got some serious playing time Friday as did some JV move ups. it will be even worse this Friday. The Hillsboro game is the worse mismatch I can ever remember a Sville team having. They seriously may want to do a running clock from the start to avoid it getting too out of hand.

GrTigers6
10-28-2012, 09:17 PM

If yall didnt have 2 byes already I would say let your JV Beat them. LOL