PDA

View Full Version : Baylor@UT

Bullaholic
10-20-2012, 07:59 PM
21-14 Bears--end of 1. Horns driving. Can you say no defenses boys and girls? I see another 50-50 OT game like TCU-TT coming.

Saggy Aggie
10-20-2012, 08:04 PM
I'm not sure how you field a defense this terrible when you consistently have a top 5 recruiting class in the country?

Bullaholic
10-20-2012, 08:10 PM
This is the most out-of-sync UT defense I have ever watched.

FB-fanatic
10-20-2012, 08:13 PM
Defensee optional!

Bullaholic
10-20-2012, 08:21 PM
3 Rushing TD's by frosh RB Bergeron. Might make things interesting in Longhorn land for Johnathan Gray.

Tejastrue
10-20-2012, 08:29 PM
I can't remember when I've seen a more porous defense from the Longhorns in 2012. It's embarrassing!

Scoop27
10-20-2012, 08:59 PM
Might take Longhorns 60 points to win this game-No defense for either team

Yoe_09
10-20-2012, 09:42 PM
I'm not sure how you field a defense this terrible when you consistently have a top 5 recruiting class in the country?

I am thinking the same thing while watching this game.

Tejastrue
10-20-2012, 09:46 PM

When will Diaz finally be held accountable?

83Indian
10-20-2012, 10:10 PM
This is just bad football. Neither of these teams are any good.

defense51
10-20-2012, 10:32 PM
Arena football...

Scoop27
10-20-2012, 10:49 PM
Horns hold on barely-Bears just ran out of time at the end

ogg
10-20-2012, 11:40 PM

When he finally get his butt fired. Should've been fired last Monday.

Txbroadcaster
10-21-2012, 03:51 AM
3 Rushing TD's by frosh RB Bergeron. Might make things interesting in Longhorn land for Johnathan Gray.

He is a soph

bigwood33
10-21-2012, 08:40 AM
Because it appears that the Longhorns rely on recruiting services to tell them who they should take and forget to actually watch game film. They pass the "eye test" but forget to pay attention to if the kids they recruit are solid football players. They have fallen into the habit of recruiting athletes and it would certainly appear that many of these kids either have very low football IQ's or just don't like the physical part of the game or both. The Mike Singletary's, Zach Thomas's and Dat Nguyen's of the world would not be able to get a sniff from the Longhorns, if they were still kids, because none of them are over 6' tall but the Longhorns certainly have a stable full of 6'2" to 6'4" linebackers who couldn't carry the jocks of those "lesser athletes".

Spanish Camp
10-21-2012, 08:56 AM
The entire Big 12 is a joke. (With the exception of K-State).

Everybody in the conference is Baylor.

raider red 2000
10-21-2012, 01:47 PM
The entire Big 12 is a joke. (With the exception of K-State).

Everybody in the conference is Baylor.
Not really Baylor is at the bottom of the standings.

Emerson1
10-21-2012, 01:54 PM
Because it appears that the Longhorns rely on recruiting services to tell them who they should take and forget to actually watch game film. They pass the "eye test" but forget to pay attention to if the kids they recruit are solid football players. They have fallen into the habit of recruiting athletes and it would certainly appear that many of these kids either have very low football IQ's or just don't like the physical part of the game or both. The Mike Singletary's, Zach Thomas's and Dat Nguyen's of the world would not be able to get a sniff from the Longhorns, if they were still kids, because none of them are over 6' tall but the Longhorns certainly have a stable full of 6'2" to 6'4" linebackers who couldn't carry the jocks of those "lesser athletes".

Well two of the linebackers Texas got in their 2012 class had offers from Alabama, so maybe they'll do something ;)

Txbroadcaster
10-21-2012, 01:58 PM
the Longhorns certainly have a stable full of 6'2" to 6'4" linebackers who couldn't carry the jocks of those "lesser athletes".

Or maybe because Texas LB with Hicks is out is basically 3, 3A and below guys all soph more or younger and are learning on the fly....talent is there but the instincts are still in the the growth process.

gatordaze
10-21-2012, 04:01 PM
Or maybe because Texas LB with Hicks is out is basically 3, 3A and below guys all soph more or younger and are learning on the fly....talent is there but the instincts are still in the the growth process.

THIS! UT LB's are struggling due to the speed of the game and youth. Freshman and Sophomores should not sniff the field as they cannot have enough reps to eliminate hesitation. UT is paying the price now but they will be fine. Keep bitchin, but Mack and Manny are not going anywhere until Mack says so.

As for recruiting, these guys have offers from just about everyone, so if UT is misjudging their talent then everyone else is missing something as well.

Spanish Camp
10-21-2012, 04:21 PM
I take back what I said about K-State. They haven't played anyone who is measurably good. So I say they are going to finish with the rest of the conference.

bigwood33
10-21-2012, 05:06 PM
We shall see, won't we. I was using the linebackers as an example but the same thing can be said about the DB's. While watching K-State dismantle WV last night, I used my keen skills of observation to deduce that they managed to cover the WV receivers MUCH better than the more highly recruited DB's in Austin...they also tackled them when a catch was made. Interesting, isn't it, that K-State is choked full of 3 star, 2 star, and one star kids and they have a dynamic defense. The Texas defense is loaded with 5 star recruits who as yet, haven't proven they can play.

hsbtex
10-21-2012, 05:38 PM
we shall see, won't we. I was using the linebackers as an example but the same thing can be said about the db's. While watching k-state dismantle wv last night, i used my keen skills of observation to deduce that they managed to cover the wv receivers much better than the more highly recruited db's in austin...they also tackled them when a catch was made. Interesting, isn't it, that k-state is choked full of 3 star, 2 star, and one star kids and they have a dynamic defense. The texas defense is loaded with 5 star recruits who as yet, haven't proven they can play.

this!!!!!

Rabid Cougar
10-21-2012, 05:45 PM
We shall see, won't we. I was using the linebackers as an example but the same thing can be said about the DB's. While watching K-State dismantle WV last night, I used my keen skills of observation to deduce that they managed to cover the WV receivers MUCH better than the more highly recruited DB's in Austin...they also tackled them when a catch was made. Interesting, isn't it, that K-State is choked full of 3 star, 2 star, and one star kids and they have a dynamic defense. The Texas defense is loaded with 5 star recruits who as yet, haven't proven they can play.

This +1

Old Tiger
10-22-2012, 08:35 AM

Bergeron is what he is a good bulldozer against bad defenses but when they face good defenses he's pretty useless. A situational back at best.

Old Tiger
10-22-2012, 08:36 AM

After this season when he is fired or forced to resign.