PDA

View Full Version : Canyon Lake Hawks @ Wimberley Texans

lbjacj
10-20-2012, 12:57 PM
Winner stays undefeated in district!

wimbo_pro
10-20-2012, 01:02 PM
Gotta go with the Texans....a surprise to all, I'm sure.

rb585
10-20-2012, 02:04 PM
I think Bandera wins this one.

clhsdad
10-20-2012, 02:13 PM
CL wins first ever against Texans.

wimbo_pro
10-20-2012, 02:31 PM
CL wins first ever against Texans.

Don't make us come over there, CLHSdad.

Pudlugger
10-20-2012, 03:21 PM
This will be a good game. The Hawks struggled against the Leps in the rain in their house but they seem to have improved since the start of district play. Wimberley has been pretty consistent and has a better overall record at 4-3 to CL's 3-4. However against their only common opponent Bandera they are about equal winning 42-7(CL) and 40-6(WT). I am going with the Hawks due to what I saw in their qb and wr and the intangibles associated with their rivalry. Hawks by 1.

Gone Fishing
10-21-2012, 01:57 PM
This will be a good game. The Hawks struggled against the Leps in the rain in their house but they seem to have improved since the start of district play. Wimberley has been pretty consistent and has a better overall record at 4-3 to CL's 3-4. However against their only common opponent Bandera they are about equal winning 42-7(CL) and 40-6(WT). I am going with the Hawks due to what I saw in their qb and wr and the intangibles associated with their rivalry. Hawks by 1.

I think they had another common opponent in La Vernia. WT 24- 10 over LV and La Vernia 14-13 over CL.

rb585
10-21-2012, 03:53 PM

Lol, "intangibles associated with their rivalry"? What does that mean?

YTBulldogs
10-21-2012, 04:12 PM
Close till 4th, Texans 30-14.

lbjacj
10-21-2012, 05:03 PM
Close till 4th, Texans 30-14.
C'mon YT !
You vote for Canyon Lake then pick us to win? What's up with that?

Pudlugger
10-21-2012, 05:12 PM
Lol, "intangibles associated with their rivalry"? What does that mean?

It means they want it more and have nothing to lose and want to knock them off their pedestal like so many others on this board.

ogg
10-21-2012, 06:23 PM
Canyon Lake runs a fairly balanced offense like Wimberley so we may see more cover two from our D. Like I said before, that short post route was/is a hair puller on our D. Barring mistakes (lots of turnovers and penalties) I’ve got the score Wimberley 30, CL 18.

bag-o-chips
10-21-2012, 06:29 PM
Texans win no problem. I think the only other team to challenge the Texans will be Boerne.

rb585
10-21-2012, 06:30 PM
It means they want it more and have nothing to lose and want to knock them off their pedestal like so many others on this board.

Like they did last season when they had their best team ever and came into the game undefeated?

wimbo_pro
10-21-2012, 06:31 PM

You mean "like so many others on this board who want to be State Champions".

Gone Fishing
10-21-2012, 06:55 PM

They want it more? How could they want it anymore than the guys on the Wimberley team? And how do they have nothing to lose? How could they have nothing to lose both teams are 2-0? Wimberley is on a pedestal at 4 and 3 ? Ha Ha Lol, how is that? Wimberley has fought through a tough schedule, injuries, and young players or inexperienced players trying to get better each week and are barely 4 and 3 ! You just say that because we have and have had a great program for years here and you and many others haven't. Why don't you take this years success and enjoy it and not be so mean. LOL.

Gone Fishing
10-21-2012, 07:01 PM
Oh yeah Pud, just to show ya how nice I am, I just voted fore LG to win and be GOW...

Pudlugger
10-21-2012, 07:06 PM
They want it more? How could they want it anymore than the guys on the Wimberley team? And how do they have nothing to lose? How could they have nothing to lose both teams are 2-0? Wimberley is on a pedestal at 4 and 3 ? Ha Ha Lol, how is that? Wimberley has fought through a tough schedule, injuries, and young players or inexperienced players trying to get better each week and are barely 4 and 3 ! You just say that because we have and have had a great program for years here and you and many others haven't. Why don't you take this years success and enjoy it and not be so mean. LOL.

2001 R4 Final La Grange 21 Wimberley 13.

OK I'll submit that was nice of you. Thanks for the support.

hookandladder
10-21-2012, 09:03 PM
I did not see much on the CL team, Wimberley should have no problem with them unless Wimberley not anywhere near as good as last year. Wimberley should win this by 3 or 4 Td's.

Indian 1985
10-21-2012, 09:14 PM
If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on Wimberley.

Papá Oso
10-21-2012, 11:59 PM
Before the season I would have bet this was the year that CL over took WT in D27 given what WT lost last year to graduation but CL just hasn't stepped up like I thought they would. They have some talent but are very inconsistent for whatever reason, that DE that plays on the strong side for them is a beast with good size and speed. If CL could play a complete game it wouldn't shock me if they pulled out a W in a close one but they give me no reason to think they can so I'll take the Texans 35-21.

PO

rb585
10-22-2012, 10:21 AM
Hey, Los Owls picked against Wimberley! That's hard to believe!

clhsdad
10-22-2012, 12:33 PM
Like they did last season when they had their best team ever and came into the game undefeated?

Best reord but that doesn't mean it was our best team. I think the boys get it done this year one thing we have now that we have never had before is 2 speedy receivers. They can strike quick this balanced with a decent running game will be tough to defend.

ogg
10-22-2012, 12:47 PM
Hey, Los Owls picked against Wimberley! That's hard to believe!
He's a hater

Tejastrue
10-22-2012, 01:01 PM
Some Canyon Lake pre-game perspective...

http://hilltopnewspaper.com/2012/10/pregame-hawks-2-0-dist-texans-2-0-dist-730pm/#more-4124

Tejastrue
10-22-2012, 01:04 PM
C'mon YT !
You vote for Canyon Lake then pick us to win? What's up with that?

That is funny. I guess he's a closet hater. Lol....

YTBulldogs
10-22-2012, 02:13 PM
That is funny. I guess he's a closet hater. Lol....

Not at all, once you click the wrong option, too late to change. I thought I selected WT. Regardless, my post of the game review, stated my take on this game. Close, then WT pulls away late. WT by 16.

stxfan
10-22-2012, 02:53 PM
However against their only common opponent Bandera they are about equal winning 42-7(CL) and 40-6(WT). I am going with the Hawks due to what I saw in their qb and wr and the intangibles associated with their rivalry. Hawks by 1.

Texans should roll in this one. Don't let the common score with Bandera be a guide. Coach Nelms was nice -- Wimberley could have had much, much more if they wanted that night.

wimbo_pro
10-22-2012, 02:56 PM
Texans should roll in this one. Don't let the common score with Bandera be a guide. Coach Nelms was nice -- Wimberley could have had much, much more if they wanted that night.

You are so correct...Sir Nelms made sure everyone on the sideline got in the game. He is like that...its important to him and his program that everyone gets their time, when the opportunity presents itself.

clhsdad
10-22-2012, 03:47 PM

CL also could have put up more as well. Don't put much into common opponets it is all about matchups. I believe the Hawks offense will test the Texans defense and we will see how good they are. Don't let the record fool you the Hawks are hitting their stride and purposely set up a tough pre district schedule this year.

stxfan
10-22-2012, 03:56 PM
clhdad, I do agree Hawks could have scored a few more. Y'all have a very good squad. Really not disrespecting CL. I couldn't care less who wins this game. Just after watching both teams, that it is in Wimberley, and resume of Nelms and his staff, I think it will be Wimberley's night.

clhsdad
10-22-2012, 04:20 PM
clhdad, I do agree Hawks could have scored a few more. Y'all have a very good squad. Really not disrespecting CL. I couldn't care less who wins this game. Just after watching both teams, that it is in Wimberley, and resume of Nelms and his staff, I think it will be Wimberley's night.

Understand and did not think any disrespect just not sure if you actually saw the game.

stxfan
10-22-2012, 04:33 PM
Best of luck to CL. I think you are definitely a huge surprise. Many thought that, after losing that record setting running back, and hiring a new coach, there would be quite a drop off for the Hawks. Not so -- a very good team, indeed.

bulldog82
10-22-2012, 10:33 PM
Went to Wimberely for my daughters 7th grade volleyball. Now stalking my wife on facebook , saw where she checked in , in Wimberely and made the comment "I love this town... so feastive" Going to knock her in the head now ! Plus didn't want this thread off page 1. always good reading from WT.

Tejastrue
10-23-2012, 01:05 PM
Went to Wimberely for my daughters 7th grade volleyball. Now stalking my wife on facebook , saw where she checked in , in Wimberely and made the comment "I love this town... so feastive" Going to knock her in the head now ! Plus didn't want this thread off page 1. always good reading from WT.

It's obvious who the more intelligent one is bulldog. So when is she moving to Wimberley? Is she still alive? Lol. Feastive..I like that. :wave:

wimbo_pro
10-23-2012, 03:35 PM

Apparently your wife ran into TejasTrue on the square in his Court Jester outfit. Feastive, indeed.

Tejastrue
10-23-2012, 03:47 PM
Apparently your wife ran into TejasTrue on the square in his Court Jester outfit. Feastive, indeed.

Hey now..I resemble that remark!

defense51
10-23-2012, 07:48 PM
Gotta stick with the Texans, they win this one by 14

ogg
10-23-2012, 08:48 PM
Festive? Jester?
Reminds me of one of my favorite movies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hi8IWqic0U&feature=related

bulldog82
10-23-2012, 10:44 PM
It's obvious who the more intelligent one is bulldog. So when is she moving to Wimberley? Is she still alive? Lol. Feastive..I like that. :wave:

Ha Ha ! My daughter comes home today and apparently after reading my wifes fb. "I don't want to move to Wimberely !!!" I Love that girl ! takes after her daddy !

Sportshack
10-24-2012, 06:48 PM
I did not see much on the CL team, Wimberley should have no problem with them unless Wimberley not anywhere near as good as last year. Wimberley should win this by 3 or 4 Td's.

Wmberley is not averaging 40 points a game on offense and 14 on defense this year. They are a step down. Every other year Wimberley has just had better athletes than CL. I am not convinced that is the case this year. It ought to be another good game. I like the Texans at home but they better bring their "A" game. Listened to the game on radio last week and sounds like TEXANS QB play is improving. That will help as Texans need to be balanced.

bulldog82
10-24-2012, 10:10 PM
WT pass defense will be tested this week. I see Jones playing both ways again.

rb585
10-25-2012, 08:00 AM
This is the time of year that HS football gets really fun. Because this is the time of year that some 16 and 17 year old football players start to "get it." They start to really understand how to read the fullback, or how to spin that lineman out of the play without having to crush him, or how to know where you're not going to throw the ball by how the safety lines up before the play. This is the time of year that some teams who have lots of players who start to "get it" really improve.

Part of me thinks Wimberley wins this easily because Canyon Lake barely beat Blanco and got blown away by Somerset. Part of me is worried that Canyon Lake is starting to "get it." I'll still take Wimberley, but it's going to be another battle.

buff4ever
10-25-2012, 08:03 AM

Pud trying to give CL some street cred to further support LG. LG is good, but CL will not win this game. Wimberley will be better than LG was.

Pudlugger
10-25-2012, 08:11 AM
Whatever Buff. You'll get a better understanding of how good the Leps are tomorrow night.:1popcorn:

clhsdad
10-25-2012, 10:30 AM
Whatever Buff. You'll get a better understanding of how good the Leps are tomorrow night.:1popcorn:

They are good by far the best team we have seen this year.

Tejastrue
10-25-2012, 11:27 AM
Wimberley...the district bully. Lol..

http://hilltopnewspaper.com/2012/10/cl-it-is-finally-time-to-face-up-to-the-bully-wimberley/#more-4160

LattiCat21
10-25-2012, 01:48 PM
Don't know much about CL this year, but WT have always fielded a tough bunch of kids... (or atleast when I played them) Just a guess, but i'll go with WT by 10

buff4ever
10-25-2012, 02:00 PM

Kinda my point and reason for picking Wimberley.

rb585
10-25-2012, 02:27 PM

Yeah but, obviously the most important thing we need to know about LaGrange... How are their intangibles?

BLEEDZGREEN
10-25-2012, 07:41 PM
WT by 10.

ogg
10-25-2012, 08:07 PM

http://hilltopnewspaper.com/2012/10/cl-it-is-finally-time-to-face-up-to-the-bully-wimberley/#more-4160

:eek: :eek:

Tejastrue
10-26-2012, 04:03 PM
Good luck tonight to Canyon Lake. We're gonna try not to be too generous of a host. With that being said..Texans by 14.:1popcorn:

Gone Fishing
10-26-2012, 04:06 PM
Wimberley.......I think the entire team shows tonight!

clhsdad
10-26-2012, 05:23 PM
Good luck tonight to Canyon Lake. We're gonna try not to be too generous of a host. With that being said..Texans by 14.:1popcorn:

Thanks and right back at you. Have a good feelig about tonight. Hawks win a close one.

lbjacj
10-26-2012, 06:29 PM
Thanks and right back at you. Have a good feelig about tonight. Hawks win a close one.

I'd say this is the Hawks best chance yet to take down the Texans! I have no idea which team shows up tonight so I'll just say that I hope both teams play error and injury free and may the best team win!

lbjacj
10-26-2012, 08:41 PM
Texans 19-3 at halftime

The wind is disrupting both teams passes but it cost the Texans at least 14 points!
Defense is outstanding!!!

wimbo_pro
10-26-2012, 09:53 PM

I got about $6...you?

rb585
10-26-2012, 09:57 PM

Let me be the first to congratulate you on this insightful prediction.

They wanted it more, lol. What a genius. You sure know how to analyze football.

lbjacj
10-26-2012, 10:20 PM
WT pass defense will be tested this week. I see Jones playing both ways again.

I'd say we passed the test!!!

lbjacj
10-26-2012, 10:29 PM
Wimberley.......I think the entire team shows tonight!

you got that right!

clhsdad
10-26-2012, 10:44 PM
That was embarassing.

texanpride1250
10-26-2012, 10:45 PM
As easy as it would be to talk smack to the CL faithful, I will refrain. Maybe next year will be the year for Canyon Lake. Great performance by the Texans. Defense was dominating. Texans are gaining momentum. Just in time to hit their stride for the playoffs.

ogg
10-26-2012, 10:49 PM
As easy as it would be to talk smack to the CL faithful, I will refrain. Maybe next year will be the year for Canyon Lake. Great performance by the Texans. Defense was dominating. Texans are gaining momentum. Just in time to hit their stride for the playoffs.

Texan's best game this year IMO. D was off the chain.

Pudlugger
10-26-2012, 11:16 PM
Congratulations the Texans... apparently. No score posted but from the chatter it sounds like a solid win. Good luck to the Texans going forward.

Tejastrue
10-26-2012, 11:18 PM
Congratulations the Texans... apparently. No score posted but from the chatter it sounds like a solid win. Good luck to the Texans going forward.

40-3 Pud...Congrats on LG's impressive win over Giddings.

BLEEDZGREEN
10-27-2012, 12:14 AM
Congrats to the bullies.:D

lbjacj
10-27-2012, 09:15 AM
Dominating win by Texans! By far the best performance of the year!
Maybe next year Hawks?

http://hilltopnewspaper.com/2012/10/hawks-get-caged-by-texans-40-3/

Tejastrue
10-27-2012, 03:45 PM
Man..that wind made it cold sitting in the stands. I think it was the quietest our fans have been in some time. Trying to keep warm I guess. As far as the game I'm gonna have to be a little picky here. We again had way too many penalties. Secondary appears to be shaping up nicely although I think our DBs still play way too far off the receivers. (I know..I need to get over it :D) I do like how they closed quickly on the passes into the flat and made solid tackles. Reed was displaying a little swagger and looked very confident in his QB play. A great sign. So many players contributed with big plays. Another great sign. Congrats Texans!

Gone Fishing
10-28-2012, 11:19 AM
Wmberley is not averaging 40 points a game on offense and 14 on defense this year. They are a step down. Every other year Wimberley has just had better athletes than CL. I am not convinced that is the case this year. It ought to be another good game. I like the Texans at home but they better bring their "A" game. Listened to the game on radio last week and sounds like TEXANS QB play is improving. That will help as Texans need to be balanced.

CL had a big D line and that #33 was a beast of a LB, BUT I believe its safe to say," Wimberley just had better athletes than CL"

hookandladder
10-28-2012, 12:57 PM

Interesting statement , after Friday night do you still feel they are the best team you have seen this year. In our game with CL if not for the rain , we could have put up any score we wanted. Our starters only played 2 quarters in that win, your only score came against our 2nd and 3rd team players.

Sportshack
10-28-2012, 05:23 PM
CL had a big D line and that #33 was a beast of a LB, BUT I believe its safe to say," Wimberley just had better athletes than CL"

Definitely safe to say!!! Glad to see the Texans are working through their growing pains!!!! ;)

lbjacj
10-28-2012, 05:35 PM
More coverage

http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/sports/x688455893/HS-Football-Texans-claim-playoff-berth

By the way they say we play Bandera in two weeks but it is really Boerne.

Pudlugger
10-28-2012, 06:28 PM
So on to next week? Fred should be a push over for yall.

Gone Fishing
10-28-2012, 06:59 PM
More coverage

http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/sports/x688455893/HS-Football-Texans-claim-playoff-berth

By the way they say we play Bandera in two weeks but it is really Boerne.

Some stats are wrong too, but hey we'll take the coverage.

Gone Fishing
10-28-2012, 07:01 PM
So on to next week? Fred should be a push over for yall.

No, not at all. Next two games will be tough ones and Nelms will make sure everyone knows it too.

Gone Fishing
10-28-2012, 07:12 PM
Definitely safe to say!!! Glad to see the Texans are working through their growing pains!!!! ;)

No time for anymore growing pains, its time for balls to the walls with who we got... Lol. I hope they play the next two games like the other three district games and we would be close to that 40 and 14 in district. Its 34 and 10 thru 3 games. Just saying.

bag-o-chips
10-28-2012, 07:48 PM
I kept looking for coverage of the Navarro -Wimberley game in the San Marcos Paper but I guess that one was to close to post!;)

bag-o-chips
10-28-2012, 07:49 PM
Just don't let Fred jump to 14- 0 lead in the first 2 minutes and ya'll should be good!

Gone Fishing
10-28-2012, 07:58 PM
I kept looking for coverage of the Navarro -Wimberley game in the San Marcos Paper but I guess that one was to close to post!;)

There was great coverage last Sunday in the Record about the Navarro Wimberley game. They don't have a Sat. paper so high school FB is in Sundays

clhsdad
10-28-2012, 08:11 PM
Interesting statement , after Friday night do you still feel they are the best team you have seen this year. In our game with CL if not for the rain , we could have put up any score we wanted. Our starters only played 2 quarters in that win, your only score came against our 2nd and 3rd team players.
Wimberley looked very good Friday night but yes I still believe LaGrange is the best we have seen.

ogg
10-28-2012, 09:21 PM

Yessssir Shack! Also what's cool is the backup players are really stepping up.