PDA

View Full Version : Gonzales (5-2, 1-1) at Yoakum (5-2, 2-0)

YTBulldogs
10-20-2012, 08:42 AM
GZ dominated us and totally embarrased last year in Gonzales. They are just as taleneted this year too. Will be a war, and another step in the Dog's goal. Man Bulldog Stadium will be packed and rocking for this one.

Pudlugger
10-20-2012, 08:53 AM
This will be a real test for the Bulldogs. HFA should weigh in their favor but the Apaches are in a winning groove now and cannot afford another loss in a tight district race in D26. I think the defense will determine who wins this game. Probably will go to Gonzales in a down to the wire nailbitter by a td or less.

29-3aFAN
10-20-2012, 10:06 AM
http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/yoakum-bulldogs-%28yoakum,tx%29/football/hudl.htm

YTBulldogs
10-20-2012, 10:53 AM
Not sure all our current starters are in those videos 29-3aFan. Not even Smithville. Only 2 starting OL'ers played there. But, the idea is given in them I would say, of what we try to do. You'll see many players partaking in those games, and often had us fan's going hmmmmm. But, the staff knew what they were doing and what they had to accomplish in those games. We are coming along. Not there yet, but--steady improvement weekly is getting a step closer to the goal.

YTBulldogs
10-21-2012, 07:47 AM
I know one thing for sure. It will be a good one. Pud, I can't argue your views on this one. My take on this mega game:

I see both teams being able to score in upper 20's here. And, GZ will not face a faster overall team speed, than Yoakum. IMO, make Hillman beat you. Put 9 in the box if you have to. Our secondary can handle themselves. Hillman can beat you to throwing it, but--it gives us a better shot at winning having them throw it than run it. Last year, GZ pounded us big time and I see them going with that game plan again this Friday. Why wouldn't they? They have the best OL and RB in district. It will be a monster task before us for sure. But, this DOG team thrives on challenges and proving the non-believers wrong. And have since this group started together in youth football.

As I stated at the start of the season, GZ is the best team in district 26, and now that time has arrived for us to show we belong and are for real.

Congrats Yoakum on sweeping Cuero, 2 years in a row in freshman, JV and varsity football. But, that was just a step towards our goal.

29-3aFAN
10-22-2012, 12:28 PM
I know it's only Monday, but its quiet up in here.

YTBulldogs
10-22-2012, 12:54 PM
It will get fired up mid-week I'm sure. We gotta come up with a game plan to stop that awesome rushing attack for sure. Not to mention that nasty "D" they field. They lead the district in both offense and defense. Major task ahead for my Dogs.

txsportswriter
10-22-2012, 05:55 PM
I'm staying pretty quite on this one and ate crow big time after talking the 'Dogs up a year ago against Gonzales. I know it's a different district, but the Apaches are defending champions in my book and will continue to be until someone knocks them off.
Much respect for Coach Lock and what he has meant for the Apache football program. We're going to see how bad the 'Dogs want what Gonzales has. I just hope it's a good, close game and not a blowout like last year on the Reservation. Go Bulldogs!

Pudlugger
10-22-2012, 07:11 PM
I'm staying pretty quite on this one and ate crow big time after talking the 'Dogs up a year ago against Gonzales. I know it's a different district, but the Apaches are defending champions in my book and will continue to be until someone knocks them off.
Much respect for Coach Lock and what he has meant for the Apache football program. We're going to see how bad the 'Dogs want what Gonzales has. I just hope it's a good, close game and not a blowout like last year on the Reservation. Go Bulldogs!

Well that's a pretty modest post considering your ranking of teams in our region:
5.Yoakum
6. La Grange
7. Giddings
8. Wharton
9. Bellville
10. Pleasanton

BTW you might not have heard but La Grange beat the team you are up against this week. So put your money where your mouth is and tell us how much your Bulldogs are going to beat Gonzales. Huh? ....crickets.:stirpot:

pacman
10-22-2012, 08:15 PM
Well that's a pretty modest post considering your ranking of teams in our region:
5.Yoakum
6. La Grange
7. Giddings
8. Wharton
9. Bellville
10. Pleasanton

BTW you might not have heard but La Grange beat the team you are up against this week. So put your money where your mouth is and tell us how much your Bulldogs are going to beat Gonzales. Huh? ....crickets.:stirpot:

Yall beat us but by a little old point, wow LG really showed us Huh? Dude, you need to quit thriving on those one points win, it might come back and bite you on the wow, wow.:stirpot:

pacman
10-22-2012, 08:19 PM
Another thing, I will make an early prediction here, I might shoot myself in the foot but what the heck.

Gonzales 49
Yoakum 28

See you at the battle:1popcorn:

Roughneck93
10-22-2012, 08:20 PM
I will go with Gonzales by a TD.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-22-2012, 08:23 PM
just going to throw some #s and see if it makes sense lol!

Gonzales 27 Victoria East 6 (lowest score Gonzales has scored this season so far)
Tuloso Midway 49 Victoria East 20 (most points Victoria East has given up this season)
Sinton 48 Tuloso Midway 22 (most points Tuloso Midway has given up this season, Port Lavaca scored 47 and Calallen 42)
Yoakum 34 Sinton 20 (tied for most points Sinton has given up this season with Ingleside)

wow took it from a Gonzales opponent to a Yoakum opponent lol.......well it actually means nothing as all that matters is head to head.

But i'll take Yoakum by a td.

Pudlugger
10-22-2012, 08:40 PM
Yall beat us but by a little old point, wow LG really showed us Huh? Dude, you need to quit thriving on those one points win, it might come back and bite you on the wow, wow.:stirpot:

It must really get under your skin that you can't say you're a better team than La Grange. :bigcry::bigcry:Oh yeah you can say that if this or that hadn't happened you would have won but you didn't win you lost.:taunt::taunt:

YTBulldogs
10-22-2012, 08:43 PM
Another thing, I will make an early prediction here, I might shoot myself in the foot but what the heck.

Gonzales 49
Yoakum 28

See you at the battle:1popcorn:

Nothing wrong with that prediction pacman. GZ is very talented, and trust me, we are fully aware of that. Be proud of your kids, they are great athletes. We must slow down that powerful running game for sure. I'll have my prediction on Weds.

pacman
10-22-2012, 08:51 PM
Nothing wrong with that prediction pacman. GZ is very talented, and trust me, we are fully aware of that. Be proud of your kids, they are great athletes. We must slow down that powerful running game for sure. I'll have my prediction on Weds.

No disrespect YT, I am just trying to fire up this board:wave: I have seen the bulldogs in action and they look real good. There is some good talent in every position. It is going to be a good game anyway. Everytime Yoakum and Gonzales go head to head the stadium goes crazy. Good Luck Friday we both might need it.

YTBulldogs
10-22-2012, 09:35 PM
No disrespect YT, I am just trying to fire up this board:wave: I have seen the bulldogs in action and they look real good. There is some good talent in every position. It is going to be a good game anyway. Everytime Yoakum and Gonzales go head to head the stadium goes crazy. Good Luck Friday we both might need it.

No dis-respect taken pacman. Ya'll are good. Have many good friends in GZ who have kiddo's playing on that talented Apache team. Our games are war's at times, with good sportsmanship shown on the field. Yoakum respects GZ, and we're trying to obtain what GZ has going on there. This game is nothing more than a step for us in reaching the goal the kid's put forth after that Sam Houston loss last year.

Pudlugger
10-24-2012, 06:45 AM
This game will be an interesting match up considering the different style offenses. Yoakum like to pass the football while Gonzales relies mostly on the running game. The Yoakum D must get some stops or the Apache offense will win on ball control. Much pressure will be applied by the Bulldog front 4 to open the lanes for their linebackers to fill. Good luck to both teams.

1st and goal
10-24-2012, 08:09 AM
They like to overload the left side of the line and run behind it. And it works unless you have a couple of strong disruptors able to break it up. You also need a fast guy on D who can run it down from the backside. That's how Giddings usually tackled #12, (after 3-8 yds avg). Put your strongest pair in front of the overload and your fastest guy on the other end of the line and get after it.

That being said, Cecil will get his yards. GZ by 21. Game will go fast, as ground games go. For Yoakum to hang on, they better strike quick, and get a couple of stops with their defense.

Hope for an injury free game. Good luck to all.

YTBulldogs
10-24-2012, 09:08 AM
Yup, GZ will be a challenge for sure. Should be great weather for football. N20 winds and chance of rain.

YTBulldogs
10-24-2012, 10:13 AM
Well, it's Weds and time I state how my Dogs will win this mega matchup in D26.

Job #1, limit and contain The Diesel. He's going to get his, period. I believe the Dogs can limit the district's best back and hold him under 200 yards, and 2-3 TD's. (Now, that's really containing someone, huh?) But for CJ, that is containment. He must be relentlessly group tackled, hit low, hard and often. Make him feel those carries. If he carries 30+ times, outcome not going to be good for Yoakum.

Force Hillman to beat you. Yes, he is a solid QB. But, he isn't as deadly as their powerful rushing attack. Yoakum must place GZ in 2nd & 3rd and longs. So, we have to win the 1st down battles on both sides of the ball. This, is where the games outcome will be decided IMO.

My big key, and something some don't really consider. Gotta deny all Apache 2-pt conversions. GZ loves going for two. The Dog's point after "D" has to set up quick following the GZ touchdowns (not hang your head cause the TD), and be prepared. GZ counts on their opponent not being prepared for two, cause they are upset over the TD. Apaches will go for two a couple times a game. Sounds dumb, but--in a game like this, it's points you prevent that contribute to the outcome. Paramount to gain all advantages/edges in a game you know will be close.

When we have the ball. The quick hitters will be key. Get our edge we have in overall speed, past their big defensive front and onto the secondary. Oddly, we kinda have to use the GZ game plan ourselves on "O". Limit the passing (north wind @ 20 MPH), and rely on them quick openers. Back to the 3 yards and a cloud of dust day's. Plus, this eats the clock and keeps The Diesel in the Apache Truck Stop. Less Diesel carry's, equals success. Team's try to go toe to toe and make it a high scoring affair. Games I've seen, they have not been too successful in this game plan.

Yoakum must once again create more TO's then they give up. And, when we create it, score off of it. Wind in the 4th could be huge factor too.

Bulldogs will come out and keep it coming all night on both sides of the ball. They are aware this will be a WAR. Some battles you'll win, others you will not. IMO, Yoakum will win more battles and win this WAR late.

Yoakum 31
Gonzales 28

Step 3 of the Bulldog mission.

1st and goal
10-24-2012, 12:10 PM
Yes, they like 2 point conversions. If they line up crazy, better have at least 1 more guy than they do in front of the ball. They'll hike it, and depending on coverage, either keep or toss to the 3rd guy who sets up next to QB. I guess I'm just trying to say an option play with 3 on 3, but you'd better have 4.

The other 2 pt play they run is basically a sweep, they just hand the ball off to the diesel and he's running to the right side looking for an opening anywhere on the line.

YTBulldogs
10-24-2012, 12:19 PM
Yes, they like 2 point conversions. If they line up crazy, better have at least 1 more guy than they do in front of the ball. They'll hike it, and depending on coverage, either keep or toss to the 3rd guy who sets up next to QB. I guess I'm just trying to say an option play with 3 on 3, but you'd better have 4.

The other 2 pt play they run is basically a sweep, they just hand the ball off to the diesel and he's running to the right side looking for an opening anywhere on the line.

Yup, and they are more successful than not on the 2 pt try. So, I can why they do it multiple times a game. Hopefully our defending it will be a point of emphases? Could be the deciding factor.

YTBulldogs
10-24-2012, 03:34 PM
We've lost our second starter for the year due to repeated concussions. Any other's sustain this injury, and lose them for the year?

With the loss, and due to him finally getting fully in shape, BIG Willie Hights will play his first game both ways for the first time this year. He is a massive force. 3A state power lifting champ. You have to put 2 guys on him to contain him on defense and that will free up some other DL'ers.

Good luck Willie, and GATA.

hookandladder
10-24-2012, 04:02 PM
We've lost our second starter for the year due to repeated concussions. Any other's sustain this injury, and lose them for the year?

With the loss, and due to him finally getting fully in shape, BIG Willie Hights will play his first game both ways for the first time this year. He is a massive force. 3A state power lifting champ. You have to put 2 guys on him to contain him on defense and that will free up some other DL'ers.

Never good news on injury's but you have to do what is best for the young man, hope all ends well for him. If Big Willie lines up against our best tackle that will be interesting, I have not seen any DE be able beat him all year. Nothing like a great matchup in the trenches, my money is on our tackle. D-1 schools will be calling soon, he is just that good.

speedbump
10-24-2012, 04:25 PM
GZ 31 Yoakum 7

29-3aFAN
10-25-2012, 03:21 PM
By Mike Forman

As of Thursday, October 25, 2012

Share this Email, Facebook, Twitter

The stakes couldn't have been higher for Gonzales against unbeaten and No. 7 Giddings.

The Apaches had lost their first District 26-3A game and another loss would have put a damper on their playoff chances.

Running back Cecil Johnson made sure Gonzales avoided the scenario.

Johnson rushed for 259 yards and five touchdowns to lead the Apaches to a 43-23 win and was selected as the Class 3A Built Ford Tough Texas High School Football Player of the Week.

The 5-foot-8, 160-pound running back had three touchdown runs in the first quarter and after the Buffaloes had pulled within seven points, had touchdown runs of 19 and 26 yards in the fourth quarter to seal the win.

"Cecil is a tremendously versatile player," said Gonzales coach Ricky Lock. "He'll line up in the slot, take a direct snap in a shotgun formation, and play cornerback. He has a dynamic personality and is well-liked around school. He's a big part of our game plan."

Johnson rushed for over 1,700 yards last season and earned honorable-mention all-state honors.

He has rushed for an area-leading 1,392 yards and 18 touchdowns this season and has six games with over 200 yards rushing.

pacman
10-25-2012, 03:34 PM

Hey YT,
What is the deal with our "Come and Take it " flag at the end of the hudl video?:tisk:

It is going to be a gooooood game. Bulldog stadium is going to be rocking. The whole reservation will be there. Get ready for a full blown out war. WWIII

pacman
10-25-2012, 03:49 PM
Another thing, after Friday night Gonzales (2-1) and Yoakum (2-1). :evilgrin:

But, in order for this to happen Gonzales is going to have to bring the "A" game to bulldog stadium.;)

Pudlugger
10-25-2012, 03:56 PM
This will be a huge game for both teams and very exciting too. Good luck and no injuries to both teams.

txsportswriter
10-25-2012, 04:43 PM
I like YT's assessment of the game and concur. Both teams are a plus in the turnover department and I think it could come down to turnovers. Gang tackling the Diesel will be key. It's hard to get a solid lick on him. We have done a good job, for the most part, of getting kids to the ball and in a hurry. Hence the over 100 tackles against Cuero last week. We will be the fastest team on the field, but that doesn't always lead to victories. I do think we need to play our best game of the year to beat a very talented Apache football team. I won't make a prediction, but will say this-- Yoakum either wins a close ball game (if we play a GREAT game) or Gonzales comes away with a blowout victory again (if we play a BAD game). Let's go 'Dogs. Another step!

29-3aFAN
10-25-2012, 05:16 PM
I'm ready for Friday!!!

29-3aFAN
10-25-2012, 05:18 PM
I think it will be a close game and hoping the dogs pull it out and not lay an egg like last year!!

defense51
10-25-2012, 06:44 PM
Yoakum by a td

29-3aFAN
10-25-2012, 07:50 PM
Yoakum by a td
I like your thinking.

29-3aFAN
10-25-2012, 08:29 PM
Heard Yoakum JV won, 31-7. Any word on freshmen?

underthetepee
10-25-2012, 09:07 PM
GZ won freshman game 16-0. GZ won all 3 JH games tonight also!
Heard Yoakum JV won, 31-7. Any word on freshmen?

Gone Fishing
10-25-2012, 09:45 PM
Pulling for you guys YT. Good Luck!

YTBulldogs
10-26-2012, 09:49 AM
Pulling for you guys YT. Good Luck!

TY GF. Perfect weather tonight, isn't it? Glad we got some much needed rain with it. Good luck to ya'll too. See another successful Texan season. We have to get 11 to the ball carrier, and no YAC.

zebrablue2
10-26-2012, 11:32 AM
Gonna have to go with GZ by a td!!! Tell Coach Rodiek that ZB2 said to pump those kids up...

fire_it_up
10-26-2012, 01:06 PM
Hey YT, it must have been raining like crazy over there the past couple of days since the field was soaked for the Jr. high games last night? Exactly how much rain have ya'll gotten this week? It's really strange seeing that just 30 minutes away we haven't gotten any. Hum, odd huh?

YTBulldogs
10-26-2012, 01:16 PM
We've got over an inch when front blew in after last nights games, and a shower (6/10ths) a few days ago. When you don't have much live grass left, it get's slick. Field wasn't that bad at JH games. Just gotta watch a strong plant and cut.

YTBulldogs
10-26-2012, 01:19 PM
Gonna have to go with GZ by a td!!! Tell Coach Rodiek that ZB2 said to pump those kids up...

Well do ZB2. Great young coach.

YTBulldogs
10-26-2012, 01:28 PM
To GZ 3ADL'ers, coming to the game, please swing by the tailgate gathering, behind scoreboard. Your more than welcome and we have plenty of food/drinks. Today, it's hot dogs and sausage-on-a-stick.

YTBulldogs
10-26-2012, 02:18 PM
fire it up, just so you know, it's raining again now @ 2:15PM. 30% chance of more showers through out evening. Sorry, can't control mother nature. Use them longer cleats. We changed ours out. Mud is slick.

YTBulldogs
10-26-2012, 03:05 PM
Weather update 3PM: Steady rain, extremely windy past 45 minutes at Bulldog Stadium. I just hope it stops for the fan's sake by KO. Hash marks outward seemed to be the slickest and wettest. Due to pronounced crown we have on the field. Bring your mudders boys.

YTBulldogs
10-26-2012, 03:22 PM
Revised game score:

Do to rain, slick field and wind, I'm going to revise my 31-28 Yoakum victory score. I was hoping we'd miss the rain, but--not going to happen. Rain we've already gotten, and more to come, will make for a sloppy game IMO.

Yoakum 21
Gonzales 19

fire_it_up
10-26-2012, 03:23 PM
We've got over an inch when front blew in after last nights games, and a shower (6/10ths) a few days ago. When you don't have much live grass left, it get's slick. Field wasn't that bad at JH games. Just gotta watch a strong plant and cut.

So, .6 a few days ago made the field THAT wet last night? That must have been some soaking rain. A little birdie from Yoakum told me that the field was purposely soaked to slow down a certain running back. Just wondering?

YTBulldogs
10-26-2012, 03:29 PM
So, .6 a few days ago made the field THAT wet last night? That must have been some soaking rain. A little birdie from Yoakum told me that the field was purposely soaked to slow down a certain running back. Just wondering?

Not that I'm aware of. And, like I said, the field wasn't that bad last night, except out near hash marks to sideline. Wasn't mushy, just slick on the dirt. I was on it. And, it's always like that due to crown and run off. When the grass is dead, all you have is thin dead grass, that is really just dirt.

With our speed, last thing we want is a slick turf. Why we mow it extremely short. Our WR's atleast know where they are going on the route. I always think a passing team has an advantage on a wet surface. And, luckily it's a north wind blowing, and not a side wind. You more than anyone should take hearsay as just that. Like last week, when CJ was out.

YTBulldogs
10-26-2012, 03:34 PM
fire it up, swing by the tailgate and grab some grub, and we'll walk the field. Yes, it's slick, but very playable. It's not mushy, and if we watered it down all night, it would be mushy. Still hard, just like running on ice, due to mud from dead grass.

YTBulldogs
10-26-2012, 10:20 PM
Congrats to GZ. Total ass-kick'n put on us, 48-20 final. No if and or butts. Good luck in the playoffs. The Diesel had what seemed to be 500 yards rushing, and Hillman hit us for some long bombs, to set up a few other EZ scores. Our fair weather fans should be ashamed to. GZ packed their stands and ours was about 1/3 filled. Pitiful.

Gontex
10-26-2012, 10:37 PM
Congrats to GZ. Total ass-kick'n put on us, 48-20 final. No if and or butts. Good luck in the playoffs. The Diesel had what seemed to be 500 yards rushing, and Hillman hit us for some long bombs, to set up a few other EZ scores. Our fair weather fans should be ashamed to. GZ packed their stands and ours was about 1/3 filled. Pitiful.

Turning point probably happened right before half when the Apaches forced a turnover on downs with a 20-13 lead and Dawgs inside the Apache 20. The missed field goal was huge.

YTBulldogs
10-26-2012, 10:41 PM
Turning point probably happened right before half when the Apaches forced a turnover on downs with a 20-13 lead and Dawgs inside the Apache 20. The missed field goal was huge.

Not really. Cecil wasn't even warmed up yet. Hate seeing him, and several other starters play the whole game though. Shame if something dumb would happen on a freak play and they get hurt in a game out of range. Especially The Diesel. Gontex, like always, I tell ya how it is on my view. Solid team you have, and if you can get past EC in first round, I see a deep run for our friends in GZ. Once again, hat's off, you dominated us.

Wasn't our fan support pitiful? And, the sly remarks coming from some towards Coach Kornegay, was totally out of line. Hey, we got beat by a better team, period. Best wishes my friend, and great to see my old friend Mr. Clack.

Gontex
10-26-2012, 10:46 PM
Not really. Cecil wasn't even warmed up yet. Hate seeing him, and several other starters play the whole game though. Shame if something dumb would happen on a freak play and he get's hurt in a game out of range. Gontex, like always, I tell ya how it is on my view. Solid team you have, and if you can get past EC in first round, I see a deep run for our friends in GZ. Once again, hat's off, you dominated us. Period.

Apaches came back and dominated in the third period. That's why I think that missed fg right before half was so big. May have been different if the score was 20-16 with the Dawgs getting the ball to start the 3rd. Don't know why your fans weren't in to it and left. Apache Nation follows the team in a huge way.

Pudlugger
10-26-2012, 10:52 PM
Big win for Gonzales tonight. Tough loss for the Bulldogs. The Apaches are a quality team and I hope they beat El Campo if they match up in round one.
YT your Bulldogs have played great football under adversity and have plenty to be proud of. Now I can't root for yall this next week but otherwise good luck going forward.

YTBulldogs
10-26-2012, 10:57 PM
Apaches came back and dominated in the third period. That's why I think that missed fg right before half was so big. May have been different if the score was 20-16 with the Dawgs getting the ball to start the 3rd. Don't know why your fans weren't in to it and left. Apache Nation follows the team in a huge way.

Cause, they are fair weather fans only. Has to be in 70,s or 80's (or Cuero) before they show up, after the 1st quarter started many times. Amazing, and I don't get it. We'll never have a consistent football program with that type of bullshit out of them. Hate to be harsh, but--I'm fed up with it. These kid's busted their tails, and have a great chance to make the playoffs. And, seeing how all our district games, have been like playoffs already, they'll be ready for our 1st round opponent. But, we'll have a couple hundred fan's at it, tops.:thmbdwn:

Like I said, I told the Herald-Time sports writer to snap a shot of our 1/3 filled home side, and run that photo in the paper, and ask where the fair weather fans were in a game if we won, we make the playoffs. I doubt he will, but--I know back in the day an old newspaper man would of. His grandpa.

29-3aFAN
10-26-2012, 11:35 PM
I'm not digging the QB carousel. Good W Apaches!!

txsportswriter
10-27-2012, 12:00 AM
I'm not digging the QB carousel. Good W Apaches!!

I know right. Just wonder how deadly the 'Dogs would be if he (TH) took every snap at QB for a whole game? Things just happen when he's at the helm. Also a certain other kid who needs the rock a little more. Only touched it 4 times (almost double his average LOL) tonight and scored on two of those touches. Just my opinion though.

txsportswriter
10-27-2012, 12:34 AM
Final Statistics

Gonzales 7 13 13 15 -- 48
Yoakum 0 13 0 7 -- 20

• Gonzales 1st 4:30 Cecil Johnson, 10-yd run Matt Hillman EPK 7-0
• Yoakum 2nd 11:18 Blake McCracken, 34-yd pass from Tre Hights Reagan Jacobs EPK 7-7
• Gonzales 2nd 8:21 Johnson, 53-yd run 2-pt. conv. pass no good 13-7
• Yoakum 2nd 6:20 McCracken, 18-yd run Jacobs EPK no good 13-13
• Gonzales 2nd 3:54 Johnson, 40-yd run Hillman EPK 20-13
• Gonzales 3rd 8:22 Francisco Diaz, 8-yd pass from Hillman Hillman EPK 27-13
• Gonzales 3rd 5:10 Darrance James, 60-yd pass from Hillman Hillman EPK no good 33-13
• Gonzales 4th 11:06 Johnson, 2-yd run Johnson, 2-pt. conv. run 41-13
• Yoakum 4th 8:04 Tre Hights, 4-yd run Jacobs EPK 20-41
• Gonzales 4th 6:03 Johnson, 4-yd run Hillman EPK 48-20

YOAKUM GONZALES
16 First Downs 23
29-129 Rushes/Yds 47-409
145 Passing Yds 138
11-27-0 Comp/Att/Int 3-4-0
56-274 Total Plays/Yds 51-547
3-0 Fumbles/Lost 0-0
3-88 Punts/Yds 1-18
5-35 Penalties/Yds 9-70

Yoakum Individual Statistics
RUSHING: Tre'vontae Hights, 13-87 (1 TD); Blake McCracken, 2-18 (1 TD); Myron Hights, 6-17; Terrance Hall, 2-4; Chase Hermes, 4-2; Braden Drozd, 1-1; Reagan Jacobs, 1-1.
PASSING: Hermes, 3-8-39-0; Tre Hights, 8-19-106-0 (1 TD)
RECEIVING: Keith Ratley, 4-53; McCracken, 2-40 (1 TD); M. Hights, 3-29; TJ Hights, 2-23.
KICKOFF RETURNS: Todrick Hights, 2-40; Ratley, 2-37; Jacobs, 3-22; Hall, 1-8.
KICKOFF YARDS: Jacobs, 4-152
KICKING STATS: Jacobs, 2-for-3 on extra points. Missed 26-yd field goal.

Gonzales Individual Statistics
RUSHING: Cecil Johnson, 36-334 (5 TDs); Alyas Ramirez, 3-37; Francisco Diaz, 4-17; Matt Hillman, 3-17; Zack Lopez, 1-4.
PASSING: Hillman, 3-4-138-0 (2 TDs)
RECEIVING: Darrance James, 2-130 (1 TD); Diaz, 1-8 (1 TD).
KICKOFF RETURNS: James, 1-20; Lopez, 1-20; Morgan Martinez, 2-7.

Gonzales (6-2, 2-1) hosts Cuero (3-5, 1-2) next week
Yoakum (5-3, 2-1) at La Grange (7-1, 3-0) next week

YTBulldogs
10-27-2012, 11:11 AM
Yeah, those game stat's pretty much sum's it up. Nothing can be said, they were better than we were and kicked our teeth in at home. Yes, the Apache OL is ALL that and some.

It's spelled milk. Time to move on, and prepare for another solid D26 team, LaGrange.