PDA

View Full Version : This may be the best 3A playoff season ever. What say ye.

cowboyandchrist
10-20-2012, 07:24 AM
We all knew Sville, La Marque, the Rattlers, Carthage, Kilgore, and others would be good football teams this year. But after seven games, I don' think anybody would have thought there would be so many good teams this year. Alvarado Abliene, Celina, and others have been playing some dang good football. If any team does not play there best in the playoffs, they will be going home. In the past the first playoff game is an easy game. I don't believe there will be an easy game this year. The winner in both divisions this year will have his work cut out. Most of 3A downlow know that I crow alot about the beast from the East. This year I will not stick my foot in my mouth, there are to many good, no very good teams all over the state. I will still pick my Carthage Dawgs for the final, but I am a homer. No matter who the winner is this year it will be some dang good watching. Good luck to all teams, God Bless, and no injuries. We want all players healthly for these battles.

speedbump
10-20-2012, 09:17 AM
We are one of the "others". Be waiting for you in the semis. Line em up and kick off.

Pendragon13
10-20-2012, 09:33 AM
Every year there is debate about which division offers the easiest path to the championship game, but this year I think we can all agree that both divisions will have major showdowns. The four teams that make it to the end will be battle tested for sure..

Oh, and...Abilene is 5A (#5) and Abilene Wylie (#2) is 3A. ;)

ctown81
10-20-2012, 11:44 AM
We all knew Sville, La Marque, the Rattlers, Carthage, Kilgore, and others would be good football teams this year. But after seven games, I don' think anybody would have thought there would be so many good teams this year. Alvarado Abliene, Celina, and others have been playing some dang good football. If any team does not play there best in the playoffs, they will be going home. In the past the first playoff game is an easy game. I don't believe there will be an easy game this year. The winner in both divisions this year will have his work cut out. Most of 3A downlow know that I crow alot about the beast from the East. This year I will not stick my foot in my mouth, there are to many good, no very good teams all over the state. I will still pick my Carthage Dawgs for the final, but I am a homer. No matter who the winner is this year it will be some dang good watching. Good luck to all teams, God Bless, and no injuries. We want all players healthly for these battles.

After what I heard on the radio when Golden got ejected, the dawgs are in trouble if he's not on the d-line. Seems like we go from SC favorites to 3 and done.

83Indian
10-20-2012, 11:50 AM
Every year there is debate about which division offers the easiest path to the championship game, but this year I think we can all agree that both divisions will have major showdowns. The four teams that make it to the end will be battle tested for sure..

Oh, and...Abilene is 5A (#5) and Abilene Wylie (#2) is 3A. ;)
Stephenville will walk thru Region 1 DI. They will face no tougher teams than their own district with the exception of maybe Wylie. IMO.

cowboyandchrist
10-20-2012, 04:30 PM
Stephenville will walk thru Region 1 DI. They will face no tougher teams than their own district with the exception of maybe Wylie. IMO.

East Texas has heard that before, I am not going to disagree with you, but nothing has changed until it has been changed. When East Texas has been eliminated and does not own one of the championships you will be right. Carthage knows how to win big games. One more thing I need to add, the Rattlers are this years Brownwood of 2010. They will have a say in who wins this year.

83Indian
10-20-2012, 04:44 PM
East Texas has heard that before, I am not going to disagree with you, but nothing has changed until it has been changed. When East Texas has been eliminated and does not own one of the championships you will be right. Carthage knows how to win big games. One more thing I need to add, the Rattlers are this years Brownwood of 2010. They will have a say in who wins this year.

Region I friend. Did'nt say semi's and state.

Pendragon13
10-20-2012, 05:41 PM
Region I friend. Did'nt say semi's and state.I was talking D1 or D2 regardless of region. Just because the landmines may come a week or two later in some regions/divisions doesn't make them any less dangerous..

WOS87
10-20-2012, 05:46 PM
It's been 10 years since a team has dropped from 4A and won a 3A State Championship Year 1.. (Everman).. good luck Sville.. don't get too cocky. Also.. I've noticed MaxPreps and most of the other ranking sites you have been touting aren't including that unfortunate LOSS you guys had week 0 since it was not an in-state or even in-country game. Good Luck nonetheless...

83Indian
10-20-2012, 05:52 PM
I was talking D1 or D2 regardless of region. Just because the landmines may come a week or two later in some regions/divisions doesn't make them any less dangerous..

I was responding to Cowboy. Region I has nothing to do with East Texas.

ccmom
10-20-2012, 05:58 PM
It's been 10 years since a team has dropped from 4A and won a 3A State Championship Year 1.. (Everman).. good luck Sville.. don't get too cocky. Also.. I've noticed MaxPreps and most of the other ranking sites you have been touting aren't including that unfortunate LOSS you guys had week 0 since it was not an in-state or even in-country game. Good Luck nonetheless...

How long had Henderson been in 3A when they won state? By the way, I LOVE having you and your stats back on the board!!

WOS87
10-20-2012, 06:21 PM
How long had Henderson been in 3A when they won state? By the way, I LOVE having you and your stats back on the board!!

You got me.. I've been out of commission for 3 years.. yes Henderson did win their first year in 3A in 2010 (my bad) and that is a rarity. Only Everman has done that since the 1980's (Cuero). More teams have won championships moving up from 2A than have from dropping down from 4A in the past 30 years though even still.

vtskneb
10-20-2012, 06:58 PM

No one from Stephenville has posted in this thread. Funny you think we're too cocky. You think any team is good enough to win state if they haven't improved since week one? :rolleyes:

WOS87
10-20-2012, 07:19 PM
No one from Stephenville has posted in this thread. Funny you think we're too cocky. You think any team is good enough to win state if they haven't improved since week one? :rolleyes:

Go Stephenville :crazy:

Be the exception

vtskneb
10-20-2012, 07:22 PM
Go Stephenville :crazy:

Be the exception

Yawn

ctown81
10-20-2012, 07:35 PM
I've spoken to some Stephenville fans and from what I gather they do not think they are going to run all over 3A. It seems that a lot of 3A fans take offense to a good 4A moving down and ASSUME they think they are better than everyone else. I get it, we want to defend our 3A turf, but truth is the Ville is one of us now.

Sparkie
10-20-2012, 07:47 PM
Stephenville will do fine in the playoffs. There will be some good games this year. I plan on seeing several.

83Indian
10-20-2012, 07:49 PM
Ville is the real deal. If your not impressed with what they have done thus far this year, then your head is in the sand. Woe to anyone who has to face that spread offense. Look out for district 7 this year come playoff time.

defense51
10-20-2012, 07:57 PM
Ville is the real deal. If your not impressed with what they have done thus far this year, then your head is in the sand. Woe to anyone who has to face that spread offense. Look out for district 7 this year come playoff time.

:iagree: District 7 will make some noise this year!

Smitty
10-20-2012, 08:24 PM
:iagree: District 7 will make some noise this year!

After seeing the Big three from District 7 all play, I feel sorry for whomever they play in the playoffs! All three teams are the real deal and each of them have an excellent chance of competing for a ring. The unfortunate thing is that Alvarado and Glen Rose would have to face each other again to achieve thier goal. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that should a team beat one of these teams THEY are Damn Good!

WOS87
10-20-2012, 09:04 PM
Remind me when the last time a Region I team won a 3A title was?

:1popcorn:

Sville
10-20-2012, 09:21 PM

Indian 1985
10-20-2012, 09:25 PM
:iagree:

83Indian
10-20-2012, 09:27 PM

Not that has anything to do with this year, but we definetly know where you stand. No respect for any team in Region 1. Stephenville, Wylie, alvarado, glen rose, graham and others just got called out by W0S87. Sounds like a challenge

defense51
10-20-2012, 10:39 PM

This year Region I has the potential for a SC in both divisions.

slingshot
10-20-2012, 10:44 PM

:1popcorn:...and when was the last time WOS won a title????

WOS87
10-21-2012, 02:21 AM

Just asking a simple question.... pretty sure it's been a decade or so... so sensitive!

cowboyandchrist
10-21-2012, 07:07 AM
This year Region I has the potential for a SC in both divisions.

I will agree with you , three outstanding teams fron the same district. In the East, we may not be as strong as we have beeen in the past, but we will have a team or two in the hunt. I hope and believe my Dawgs will give a good showing.