PDA

View Full Version : Lorena Knocks off #17 in State LaVega 32-20

FB-fanatic
10-19-2012, 11:34 PM
Not even as close as score sounds. LV scores late with :59 on clock. Lorena up 19 to 6 at half. Defense shut down 3-headed monster. LL Offense had plenty in the air with 58 yard hookup from Coleman to Barnhill, then controlled the clock the second half grinding it on the ground.

Bosqueville
10-19-2012, 11:42 PM
The playoff spots in this district will come down to the final week!

Rabid Cougar
10-19-2012, 11:51 PM
I called this one.

83Indian
10-19-2012, 11:55 PM
Holy cow. What has happened to La Vega? 8 and 8 starters return for last years team. I expected La Vega to be dominant. This will be interesting to see how this district turns out

defense51
10-20-2012, 01:27 AM
Didn't see this coming

regaleagle
10-20-2012, 05:39 AM
Congrats to Lorena. They always seem to field a pretty darn good team. A BIG win for them, I'm sure.

FB-fanatic
10-20-2012, 07:48 AM
Coleman scores all 32 points. 140 yds passing / 150 yds rushing. Kicked 32 yard field goal. Kicked all PAT's. Scored 1 rushing and 1 passing on the swinging gate, and drove the bus there.

Rabid Cougar
10-20-2012, 08:26 AM
Coleman scores all 32 points. 140 yds passing / 150 yds rushing. Kicked 32 yard field goal. Kicked all PAT's. Scored 1 rushing and 1 passing on the swinging gate, and drove the bus there.

And then came over and made may coffee thie morning. Lorena's version of Johnny Football

Rabid Cougar
10-20-2012, 08:36 AM
Didn't see this coming

That, sir, is because you are not familiar with 17 3A football. As of this morning

Connally 2-0 with China Spring,West, LaVega
China Spring 1-1 with Connally, Robinson ,Lorena
LaVega 1-1 with Robinson, Connally, West
Lorena 1-1 with West, Robinson and China Spring
Robinson 1-1 with LaVega, Lorena, West
West 0-2 -- Doesn't matter--

The one thing for certain is that Connally will not be indefeated and West will not win a game.

defense51
10-20-2012, 09:32 AM
That, sir, is because you are not familiar with 17 3A football.

You are correct to a certain degree, I just thought LaVega was the better team coming into this one. Congrats on a good win Lorena!

varsity parent
10-20-2012, 04:52 PM
That, sir, is because you are not familiar with 17 3A football. As of this morning

Connally 2-0 with China Spring,West, LaVega
China Spring 1-1 with Connally, Robinson ,Lorena
LaVega 1-1 with Robinson, Connally, West
Lorena 1-1 with West, Robinson and China Spring
Robinson 1-1 with LaVega, Lorena, West
West 0-2 -- Doesn't matter--

The one thing for certain is that Connally will not be indefeated and West will not win a game.

Correct Rabid Cougar. The district games last night really are typical 17 3A football. Every week is a challenge. Last nights win over LaVega, and Connally knocking off robinson really muddies the water doesn't it. But I would expect nothing less. I honestly didn't expect the margin of our win to be by as much as it was. This is always a close game year in and year out. I did however expect the Cougars to hang more on West than they did. But hey, Bell had to let the 7th and 8th graders suit up at halftime and go get em some too. Did he let the waterboys in on the action too? Y'all still have a tough schedule ahead, as do we. I say with the exception of West, but you can never look past anyone. I do think out of the entire district, China probably has the toughest road ahead, since they had their open practice last night. Lol! And Robinson. But didn't the Rockets have their open practice with West last week? They still have China Spring to play also. Is that game at CS or Robinson?

Rabid Cougar
10-20-2012, 09:27 PM
Correct Rabid Cougar. The district games last night really are typical 17 3A football. Every week is a challenge. Last nights win over LaVega, and Connally knocking off robinson really muddies the water doesn't it. But I would expect nothing less. I honestly didn't expect the margin of our win to be by as much as it was. This is always a close game year in and year out. I did however expect the Cougars to hang more on West than they did. But hey, Bell had to let the 7th and 8th graders suit up at halftime and go get em some too. Did he let the waterboys in on the action too? Y'all still have a tough schedule ahead, as do we. I say with the exception of West, but you can never look past anyone. I do think out of the entire district, China probably has the toughest road ahead, since they had their open practice last night. Lol! And Robinson. But didn't the Rockets have their open practice with West last week? They still have China Spring to play also. Is that game at CS or Robinson?

trombone section was in during the fourth qtr and gave up two tds.

Robinson is at China Spring and Lorena is at Lorena. Bad things always happen in Lorena.