PDA

View Full Version : Scores I didn't expect

OldNavy
10-19-2012, 11:01 PM
Lorena 32- La Vega 20--- Thought La Vega would win
Brownwood 32-Liberty Hill 18--- Thought Liberty Hill would win
Celina 61-Frisco Lone Star 9--- Thought Celina would win but not by a blowout
Gonzales 43- Giddings 23--- Did not see this coming
Bullard 42-Chapel Hill 35 (OT)--- I guess I should have thought this was possible
Abilene Wylie 20-Monahans 17--- Thought Wyle would win by more

I am sure many of you are not surprised by these scores. What scores surprised you this week?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-19-2012, 11:16 PM
Rio Hondo 19 - Hidalgo 14 ---- Rio Hondo lost their starting QB for the season last week and were facing a Hidalgo team with a good offense. Thought Hidalgo would shread Rio Hondo but guess I was wrong!

banderafan
10-19-2012, 11:17 PM
Bullard 42-Chapel Hill 35 (OT)--- I guess I should have thought this was possible

I am sure many of you are not surprised by these scores. What scores surprised you this week?

Two teams to watch out for in region 4......Gonzales and Pleasanton.

poisoned10
10-19-2012, 11:22 PM

Actually, Bullard won, 42-41 in 2OT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LHPfactory
10-19-2012, 11:43 PM
Well I didnt expect the sound whooping from Bwood that I witnessed tonight,

Didnt expect Gonzales to be close to Giddings, let alone the A$$ handing that went down on 183 south.

Didnt expect Wimberley to barely escape GN ....

Well this season has been just that way.

Man I am very confident in the Undefeated 6th grade youth team I am coaching, but, I better wash my coaches shirt to get the bad Mojo from tonight off of it before we play in Llano tomorrow.... there is something going around in 3A football this year, am wondering if anyone immune... well a few are ... at least for now...... El Campo narrowly escaped the loss column tonight...

regaleagle
10-19-2012, 11:59 PM
Trinity Christian-Addison beat Plano Prestonwood tonite 63-47. NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY IN TEXAS, except maybe the Addison team, could envision this final score. The GIANT has been slayed.

Gontex
10-20-2012, 12:52 AM
[QUOTE=LHPfactory;1705314]Well I didnt expect the sound whooping from Bwood that I witnessed tonight,

Didnt expect Gonzales to be close to Giddings, let alone the A$$ handing that went down on 183 south.

QUOTE]

Hope you are a better coach than you are a prognosticator. You said Giddings would beat Gonzales by 38.

Saggy Aggie
10-20-2012, 12:56 AM
Columbia 43
Sweeny 3

Looks like somebody might've woken up the sleeping giant....

hollywood
10-20-2012, 12:59 AM
Snyder over Big Spring :eek:

Could Big Spring miss the playoffs? If so, Big bad AW goes D1! :2thumbsup:

toddg
10-20-2012, 01:07 AM
Snyder over Big Spring :eek:

Could Big Spring miss the playoffs? If so, Big bad AW goes D1! :2thumbsup:

i knew coach Sims would get them going eventually...transition aint easy..but the tigers seem to be moving in the right direction

hollywood
10-20-2012, 01:10 AM
i knew coach Sims would get them going eventually...transition aint easy..but the tigers seem to be moving in the right direction

Yep, you were right! Nice meeting you toddg!

toddg
10-20-2012, 01:20 AM

nice meeting you..looking fwd to seeing the Jackets make their run!

bobcat1
10-20-2012, 07:25 AM

nice meeting you..looking fwd to seeing the Jackets make their run!

Get a room. :taunt:

hsbtex
10-20-2012, 08:28 AM
Get a room. :taunt:

Laughing...good stuff!

Spanish Camp
10-20-2012, 09:13 AM
El Campo tried to give it away to Wharton. Spotted the Tigers 10 in the first quarter.

I'm surprised that Gonzales hung 40+ on Giddings. Gonzales and EC will be a good first round game.

Bosqueville
10-20-2012, 09:29 AM
get a room. :taunt:

lol!!

Tiganut
10-20-2012, 11:27 AM

We looked good in all phases of the game. I think we have turned the corner. Need to get healthy. Wylie is 2-0 Snyder, Greenwood, sweetwater, Monahans 1-1 Big Springs 0-2. Tight race.

LHPfactory
10-20-2012, 11:43 AM
[QUOTE=LHPfactory;1705314]Well I didnt expect the sound whooping from Bwood that I witnessed tonight,

QUOTE]

Hope you are a better coach than you are a prognosticator. You said Giddings would beat Gonzales by 38.

You did something wrong with your quote.

Dont know if im good or not, These 6th graders have the biggest, baddest, most aggressive linemen that the refs have nicknamed "Moses" saying that we just tap the ground and the hole opens up like the red sea. Our backs are fast, have great vison and run hard. Our Defense hasnt allowed a point all season and have 2 pick for 6 ints... so the D has allowed -12 points so far this year, including scrimmages. The QB is very competent and has a high football IQ....

So basicially my job is easy, put em in the right spots, equip them to win, and call the plays.... These boys win the point of attack and execute like I have never seen with a group this age. The O line goes Jail break every play, they get down field and block til the td or whistle. One more thing to brag about these youngsters for is that they have had 1 false start all season, yes , only 1.....and that came in game 4! They go on first sound, 1, 2, and touch which changes from play to play, not to mention they run 100% no huddle... They are something else.

wimbo_pro
10-20-2012, 12:43 PM
[QUOTE=Gontex;1705353]

Dont know if im good or not, These 6th graders have the biggest, baddest, most aggressive linemen that the refs have nicknamed "Moses" saying that we just tap the ground and the hole opens up like the red sea. Our backs are fast, have great vison and run hard. Our Defense hasnt allowed a point all season and have 2 pick for 6 ints... so the D has allowed -12 points so far this year, including scrimmages. The QB is very competent and has a high football IQ....

So basicially my job is easy, put em in the right spots, equip them to win, and call the plays.... These boys win the point of attack and execute like I have never seen with a group this age. The O line goes Jail break every play, they get down field and block til the td or whistle. One more thing to brag about these youngsters for is that they have had 1 false start all season, yes , only 1.....and that came in game 4! They go on first sound, 1, 2, and touch which changes from play to play, not to mention they run 100% no huddle... They are something else.

We have a good 7th grade crew too...another indication our talent is somewhat in sync for some great years ahead!

Gontex
10-20-2012, 01:30 PM
[QUOTE=Gontex;1705353]

Hope you recognize it as just some good natured ribbing. Hope your team does well. It's fun watching those little guys learn. They start them awfully young don't they?

LHPfactory
10-20-2012, 11:04 PM
[QUOTE=LHPfactory;1705468]

Hope you recognize it as just some good natured ribbing. Hope your team does well. It's fun watching those little guys learn. They start them awfully young don't they?

Oh, I knew it was, I was honestly saying I dont know if im any good or not, I give all the the credit to the youngsters, they make me look good.

They are a blast to coach. Yes they start tackle football at 5 now, everyone now a days wants to "Tiger Woods" thier kids in sports, but as long as the kids enjoy its ok and good.

Yep, the boys did great 34-0 and rollin

Also, Congrats on the big win last night.

'Necks 2013-14
10-21-2012, 12:26 AM
Columbia 43
Sweeny 3

Looks like somebody might've woken up the sleeping giant....The playbook is starting to open juuuust a bit!! GATA NECKS!!!!!!!!!!!!