PDA

View Full Version : For All Refugio Haters......

sinfan75
10-19-2012, 08:48 PM
57-0 half. LOL

SintonFan_inAustin
10-19-2012, 08:50 PM
57-0 half. LOL

Time for the 3rd string to run dive plays :)

99IHSMustang
10-19-2012, 08:53 PM
57-0 half. LOL

Saw that... ouch.

SintonFan
10-19-2012, 09:02 PM
Danged Refugio is damned if they do... and vice versa... and vice versa. Rinse and repeat!

raider red 2000
10-20-2012, 12:19 AM
Danged Refugio is damned if they do... and vice versa... and vice versa. Rinse and repeat!
77-0 final

SintonFan
10-20-2012, 12:55 AM
77-0 final

So should they have started the 4th stringers in the 1st quarter? lol Just being rhetorical...

cowboyandchrist
10-20-2012, 07:34 AM
Yesterday the Alabama coach that won 3 national titles, said on the radio he did not ever run the score up on any team. He said why would you that to the kids, coaches and fans. He said his favorite play was take a knee. It was a good interview. Maybe the Refugio coach could go back and listen to it. I know of many teams in East Texas would love to help out Refugio in the non district part of there schedule, my even help out with expenses to a half way meetin spot. The last time Refugio played an East Texas team they got beat like a drum. (Daingerfield I believe hung 50 on them)

raider red 2000
10-20-2012, 09:04 AM
Backups were in early. Clock rolled 2nd half, it took about 30 min total. I think refugio had 30 plays of offense or so.

ctown81
10-20-2012, 11:29 AM
I won't bad mouth them for running up the score. That's their choice, but I will say this, I know A LOT of 2a and 3A teams who would LOVE to play them if competition is an issue for them. They must have the best 2's and 3's in the state.

29-3aFAN
10-20-2012, 12:42 PM
Vince Lombardi Sums It Up

“You never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you.”

raider red 2000
10-20-2012, 01:53 PM
I won't bad mouth them for running up the score. That's their choice, but I will say this, I know A LOT of 2a and 3A teams who would LOVE to play them if competition is an issue for them. They must have the best 2's and 3's in the state.
I wonder why those schools were not calling last spring when scheduling was going on.

There are not many 3rd teamers. When a school has 200 kids in HS and fields two good JV's and a varsity there isn't that much depth.

ctown81
10-20-2012, 03:52 PM
I wonder why those schools were not calling last spring when scheduling was going on.

There are not many 3rd teamers. When a school has 200 kids in HS and fields two good JV's and a varsity there isn't that much depth.

Did they try to contact some schools outside their area and get turned down?

As for the line about the backups it was a joke.

FmrPirate14
10-20-2012, 03:59 PM
Its not the kids the people hate its the coach who hides behind them and claims nobody wants to play them when reality is he most likely wont schedule a team he knows isn't gonna be having a down year. Hes a tool.

rb585
10-20-2012, 04:03 PM
They only have three non-district games:

1. Ingleside, a good 3A team
2. Lago Vista, a very good 2A team that's west of Austin
3. Edna, a good 2A team

So they're obviously not afraid to play tough competition, or travel.

The problem is that they're in an 8-team district, and the other 7 teams are horrible pretty much every season.

regaleagle
10-20-2012, 04:04 PM
Facts are that Cisco gave them all they could handle last year at Jerry's place. I was there on the Cisco(and Argyle) side watching it. I can tell you they are NOT world-beaters....just a good team that lacks quality competition in their region and classificatiion. I imagine Cameron Yoe may have a game those Refugio boys might have trouble with, and they are 2A also. There ARE 2a teams across this state that can and will give this Refugio Bobcat Region 4 team all they want, end of story. I say just bring your.....what do you call it.....boney butt......on over to some real competition before you start crowning them as another champ.

Matthew328
10-20-2012, 06:12 PM
Daingerfield didnt hang 50 on Refugio...it was 35-10....Refugio didnt play anyone from East TX last year because no one made it that far

hsbtex
10-20-2012, 06:38 PM
Daingerfield didnt hang 50 on Refugio...it was 35-10....Refugio didnt play anyone from East TX last year because no one made it that far

And...Refugio dominated Lexington 63 to 33, the same Lexington team that THUMPED east texas Arp 47 to 20. The tint on east texas glasses is THICK!

ctown81
10-20-2012, 07:28 PM
And...Refugio dominated Lexington 63 to 33, the same Lexington team that THUMPED east texas Arp 47 to 20. The tint on east texas glasses is THICK!

Arp is a good east texas team? Just asking...

rb585
10-20-2012, 08:38 PM

Seeing as how they won the east Texas part of Region III your choices are either:

1. Yes, Arp is a good east Texas team

or

2. No, Arp is not good and they only won the east Texas part of Region III because all of the east Texas teams suck.

Your choice.

ctown81
10-20-2012, 11:04 PM
Seeing as how they won the east Texas part of Region III your choices are either:

or

2. No, Arp is not good and they only won the east Texas part of Region III because all of the east Texas teams suck.

Your choice.

I rarely pay attention to 2a football. I'm going to assume you were not being a smart ass. So thanks for the answer.

cowboyandchrist
10-21-2012, 07:13 AM

You did not play a team from East Texas, now did you. Like I said, the last time you played a team from East Texas you got spanked. Unlike your coach, Daingerfield called off the dogs or could of hung a 100 on you.

Matthew328
10-21-2012, 09:11 AM
How do you know Daingerfield called off the dogs? You just said they hung 50 on them when it was a 35-10 game? It's obvious you weren't there or your memory is sketchy. Refugio didnt play an East Texas team in 2010 because none made it that far. Not their fault, but I am pretty sure they woulda beat the best East Texas 2A D2 team by about 40 last year

hsbtex
10-21-2012, 09:47 AM

or

Your choice.

Laughing...that was good! Like I said, their vision over there hasn't been checked in a while. Even with proof like that...it's still denial to the exponential degree

ctown81
10-21-2012, 10:08 AM
How do you know Daingerfield called off the dogs? You just said they hung 50 on them when it was a 35-10 game? It's obvious you weren't there or your memory is sketchy. Refugio didnt play an East Texas team in 2010 because none made it that far. Not their fault, but I am pretty sure they woulda beat the best East Texas 2A D2 team by about 40 last year

By 40? I don't think Refugio could have beat the best 1A team (tenaha) in east texas by 40. I'm personally not a refugio hater but 40 is a lot.

raider red 2000
10-21-2012, 01:43 PM
By 40? I don't think Refugio could have beat the best 1A team (tenaha) in east texas by 40. I'm personally not a refugio hater but 40 is a lot.
Tenaha would have beat Arp by 40+ also.

Btw I don't know much about 2a yet either. I know Refugio is good. Most south texas football is bad. All classifications. There are some teams that have tradition and do well year after year.

Refugio just happens to be a school with a great run of athletes, great tradition, a district that is really bad, and a coach that does what he feels is best for his kids. I can't fault the guy for taking care of the school that pays him and the kids that bust their butts for him.

Matthew328
10-21-2012, 01:51 PM
I feel pretty sure Refugio would handled Arp by 40 last year....and yes Tenaha would have handled Arp also

ctown81
10-21-2012, 02:03 PM
I feel pretty sure Refugio would handled Arp by 40 last year....and yes Tenaha would have handled Arp also

Matthew

Do you think Refugio could have manhandled Tenaha?

Txbroadcaster
10-21-2012, 02:03 PM
Matthew

Do you think Refugio could have manhandled Tenaha?

I do

ctown81
10-21-2012, 02:15 PM
I do

No way, beat them yes, manhandle not at all. No way they could have shut Reginald Davis down completely which is the only way they get a blowout.

FrmSTx
10-21-2012, 02:59 PM
the went all the way north of austin for a good predistrict match-up

FrmSTx
10-21-2012, 03:01 PM

I was there, Daingerfield controlled the game, but Refugio fought them tooth and nail. Had Daingerfield worried for the first half

Eagle 1
10-21-2012, 03:03 PM
I would have loved to see a Mason/Refugio game last year.

hsbtex
10-21-2012, 03:41 PM
I would have loved to see a Mason/Refugio game last year.

That would have been a great game, and would have loved to see a Cisco/Refugio rematch.

raider red 2000
10-21-2012, 03:54 PM
That would have been a great game, and would have loved to see a Cisco/Refugio rematch.
I would be happy with that. That means refugio survived the tougest 2a region in the state.

I don't know who the better team is this year, both teams lost some studs I believe.

LHPfactory
10-21-2012, 04:27 PM
Everybody nit picks winners, thats the way it goes. The coach that won the national championships didnt have to run up the score early in the season cause he didnt have to play his starters as long, He knew that the bulk of his season would be SEC opponents that he would be in a slug fest with, this would get his team ready for the Championship no doubt.

However, Jason Herring's dilema is different, he can play his starters in closer contest in the first 3 games and then he would have to bench them at the end of the 1st quarter for the 8 district games to make everyone else happy. Really? So when Refugio hits the play offs the starters have played 8 quarters of football...... I dont think there is anything else he can do....Except ask UIL to move him to a Central Texas district..... not gonna happen.

I played football at Brazosport, that program has always had telent, but its a piss poor varsity program period. My 8th grader at Liberty Hill works harder in the off season than the Varsity players did in Freeport (at least from what they did when I was there). I know because it was only me and about 5 other Exporters working out in the summer. The teams we beat in 7th and 8th grade started beating us in High School, wonder why....:vrycnfsd:

My Jr and Sr years I started on varsity we went 5-5 and 3-6..... Had more speed, size, and talent on those Bport teams than LH usually does, but big differnence in the the results of the 2 programs.

Im saying all this to say, I bet you Refugio has a similar demographic and socio economic of the other teams in their district, I wonder what the difference is?..... Bet they outwork everyone else, Hard work pays off, especially with a particularlly talented class of kids....

Stop socializing football and let the winners rise to the top.

refereedoc
10-21-2012, 05:00 PM
Did they try to contact some schools outside their area and get turned down?

As for the line about the backups it was a joke.

Stephenville called and they flat turned us down. The coach can talk about playing anybody anywhere, but he wouldn't play the Ville.

Matthew328
10-21-2012, 06:18 PM
Tenaha was better than Arp last year IMO....I think Refugio would have beaten last years Tenaha squad though

rb585
10-21-2012, 06:32 PM
Stephenville called and they flat turned us down. The coach can talk about playing anybody anywhere, but he wouldn't play the Ville.

I heard Stephenville called Alabama asking for a game and Nick Saban flat turned them down.

Eagle 1
10-21-2012, 06:33 PM

Really?

rb585
10-21-2012, 08:41 PM
Yes really! Stephenville, enrollment 999, offered to play Refugio, a school with 204 kids that is over 300 miles away, and Refugio was too scared to play them!

Can you believe that?

martwayne
10-21-2012, 09:37 PM
who is this cat running his mouth about some 2a school on a 3a web-site, i say play each of the top 5 teams in 3a right now, starting with my #1 Navasota Rattlers and finish with number #5(not sure who that is just yet this week) and i guarantee refugio goes 0-5, guarantee it!!!!!! here is the top five as of friday:

1. Navasota
2. Abilene Wylie
3. Stephenville
4. La Marque
5. Kilgore

so i say dont bring that 2a crap around here till ya'll grow a little bit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sinfan75
10-22-2012, 06:23 AM
Acually I put the score up for laughs and then all ya'll went berserk sayin this team could beat em that team could beat em. I never posted the score to say they better than every other team in Texas!! Some of ya'll are real touchy about some things LOL
who is this cat running his mouth about some 2a school on a 3a web-site, i say play each of the top 5 teams in 3a right now, starting with my #1 Navasota Rattlers and finish with number #5(not sure who that is just yet this week) and i guarantee refugio goes 0-5, guarantee it!!!!!! here is the top five as of friday:

1. Navasota
2. Abilene Wylie
3. Stephenville
4. La Marque
5. Kilgore

so i say dont bring that 2a crap around here till ya'll grow a little bit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Tiger
10-22-2012, 08:30 AM
My philosophy is put your back ups in when you are up by a lot but don't stop running the offense you run and don't stop being aggressive with playcalling. That is an opportunity for your team to build depth running the plays you call like you always call them. I always thought it was stupid to put back ups in just to run dive plays.

pancho villa
10-22-2012, 08:57 AM
Last I checked it was the job of the opponent to stop the other team. If you can't stop another team quit! Don't cry!

Ernest T Bass
10-22-2012, 02:04 PM
Yes, there are lots of teams that could give Refugio a game. But travel costs are always an issue. Plus, then they have 7 games where their starters play 1 quarter. Proof is in the pudding; Refugio worries about other teams' feelings=4th round knock out. Refugio stops worrying about other teams and concentrates on their own=state championship.
It's also kinda funny to hear Stephenville talk about someone turning down a game with them. Evidently Amarillo isn't too far to travel, but Tyler is.