PDA

View Full Version : High School Kicker Boots a 67-yard FG

Roughneck93
10-19-2012, 08:13 AM
Saw this on PFT.

Impressive...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMF9qgs3PEw&sns=em

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/19/high-schooler-one-ups-nfl-field-goal-record/

defense51
10-19-2012, 08:16 AM
That is very impressive!

Eagle11
10-19-2012, 08:30 AM
very impressive now tell me they are not a very important part of the team. if we could just get coaches to understand it. i think alvarado understands how important they are

Roughneck93
10-19-2012, 08:55 AM
Apparently the kick was made as time expired and tied the game at 55.

Here's a better view...

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/html5/video?id=8852733&pid=null&section=null

Bassact
10-19-2012, 09:01 AM
LH has found out the hard way kickers are very important..
Been knocked out of the playoffs 2 years in a row due to missed extra points (Lost 20-21 in both games). first game of this year missed a fg as time expired against Giddings for the tie.

LHPfactory
10-19-2012, 09:12 AM
LH has found out the hard way kickers are very important..
Been knocked out of the playoffs 2 years in a row due to missed extra points (Lost 20-21 in both games). first game of this year missed a fg as time expired against Giddings for the tie.

Yep, and I know everyone remembers 2006 3A DII Championship game..... LH vs Celina tied 19-19 with 6 seconds left when G kicked the the winning field goal to give LH the title 22-19. That was a hell of a game with a hell of an ending. We need another G.....

Bassact
10-19-2012, 09:20 AM
Yep, and I know everyone remembers 2006 3A DII Championship game..... LH vs Celina tied 19-19 with 6 seconds left when G kicked the the winning field goal to give LH the title 22-19. That was a hell of a game with a hell of an ending. We need another G.....

Yes we do.. And some blockers. Not sure how many have been blocked this season but we had 2 blocked last week alone..

FB-fanatic
10-19-2012, 09:27 AM
I know a lot of rough and tough guys here in Texas want to make fun of U.S. soccer, but just wait till one of these teams needs a 40 yarder to win, and some skinny kid comes in from the sideline who has been playing soccer since 4 yrs old and wins it for the team. We have one win already this year where my son, who has played soccer since 4 (though instead of skinny, he's 215 lbs) came in and kicked the game winner. Also the foot skills learned in soccer in traffic has played a big role in back to back 1000 yard+ rushing seasons.

defense51
10-19-2012, 09:48 AM
I know a lot of rough and tough guys here in Texas want to make fun of U.S. soccer, but just wait till one of these teams needs a 40 yarder to win, and some skinny kid comes in from the sideline who has been playing soccer since 4 yrs old and wins it for the team. We have one win already this year where my son, who has played soccer since 4 (though instead of skinny, he's 215 lbs) came in and kicked the game winner. Also the foot skills learned in soccer in traffic has played a big role in back to back 1000 yard+ rushing seasons.
There's also the cardio conditioning the soccer players have that probably contributed to your son's rushing yardage. Run, run, run, and then run some more.

SHSBulldog00
10-19-2012, 09:57 AM
I thought with 93 posting this he was talking about Cassie.....That is a great accomplishment by anyone.

Roughneck93
10-19-2012, 10:27 AM
I thought with 93 posting this he was talking about Cassie.....That is a great accomplishment by anyone.

Lol,

Maybe she'll get that chance tonight against them 'Dogs. ;)

YTBulldogs
10-19-2012, 10:38 AM
According to The National Federation of High Schools Record Book, Rehkow's kick is tied for the second-longest kick in the country. Dirk Borgognone, from Reno, Nev., holds the record with a 68-yard field goal in 1985.

LH_Tuff
10-19-2012, 11:04 AM

I don't recall him ever playing G. He was a pretty skinny kid, who also played soccer. :)

LHPfactory
10-19-2012, 11:15 AM
I don't recall him ever playing G. He was a pretty skinny kid, who also played soccer. :)

No, but back then he used to kick like 8 PATs per game.... The LH Offense used to put up the points..... Good to see we are getting back to the big score games these days.

hollywood
10-19-2012, 11:29 AM

:2thumbsup :clap:

You said it right FB-fanatic!

I've played since I was 7 and still play and coach. Some of the best athletes in the world play soccer.

Stephenville has a good youth soccer program that includes competative teams in addition to the rec teams and I'm proud they do. This only helps the high school programs. The kicker for the Jackets is a soccer player and is very good!

I hope schools realize soccer is a great sport and avenue for students to have as an option. Great opportunities in scholarships to colleges around the country.