PDA

View Full Version : 3A Playoff Projections Coming

Matthew328
10-17-2012, 02:33 PM
About to start working on statewide projections for 3A on TOC..will wait for this week's results and release early next week

toddg
10-17-2012, 03:58 PM
About to start working on statewide projections for 3A on TOC..will wait for this week's results and release early next week

man, you do know how to tease thats fo sho!!

cougartino
10-17-2012, 04:38 PM
Round 1

West Columbia over Houston Yates
Sweeny over Houston Kashmere
La Marque over Houston Sterling

LHPfactory
10-17-2012, 04:58 PM
Is WOS going DII?,

Like I said on onother post,

WOS v La Marque would be a hell of a play off game.

defense51
10-17-2012, 05:03 PM
Is WOS going DII?,

WOS v La Marque would be a hell of a play off game.:iagree:

HEMOTOXIC
10-17-2012, 05:13 PM
Navasota's possible road in Division II Region III

First round- Waco Connally/Lorena/Robinson/China Spring
Second round- Jasper
Third- La Marque or Coldspring
Fourth- WOS

slingshot
10-17-2012, 05:33 PM

Second round- Jasper
Fourth- WOSWould pay good money to see Navasota vs La Marque or WOS...
I haven't even looked at our possible playoff gauntlet...

Pendragon13
10-17-2012, 05:59 PM
Would pay good money to see Navasota vs La Marque or WOS...
I haven't even looked at our possible playoff gauntlet...Doesn't matter which division, it's going to be tougher than recent years..

K-MAC Chuck
10-17-2012, 07:57 PM
I'll tell you this..
With someone who's deeply invested in District 8-3A.. I shudder at the thought of 8-3A's matchups with 7-3A... Ugh...

Bosqueville
10-17-2012, 08:15 PM
I guess Navasota wants Madisonville to beat Taylor so Navasota will go D1?

Rattler
10-17-2012, 08:47 PM
Graham goes D1 if Iowa Park takes 3rd. Graham has 660 kids.

HEMOTOXIC
10-17-2012, 08:57 PM
I guess Navasota wants Madisonville to beat Taylor so Navasota will go D1?

Well, if we go Div I, we get La Vega in round one and I think Carthage in round 2. I am not sure if there will be any easy games. So, I guess that it doesn't matter.

hollywood
10-17-2012, 10:04 PM
There will be loads of talent in both DI and DII this year. Not an easy route for anyone.

As for Dist 8 3A.. The first round game is going to be brutal for whoever goes DI out of Dist 8.

Lion70
10-18-2012, 03:29 AM
Henderson will most likely go Division 2 assuming they make it. Kilgore and Chapel hill both have to miss the playoffs in order to go Division 1. Henderson Vs Van is a likely matchup but our District has Four deep playoff teams from last year.

buckeyebob
10-18-2012, 05:51 AM
http://www.uiltexas.org//files/athletics/brackets/football/football-3a-d1.pdf

http://www.uiltexas.org//files/athletics/brackets/football/football-3a-d2.pdf

Here are the brackets from UIL...let the games begin

LHPfactory
10-18-2012, 07:42 AM

Second round- Jasper
Fourth- WOS

Thats a tuff row to hoe

gatordaze
10-18-2012, 09:04 AM
Just for fun and assuming:
- a Celina homer view (district champs)
- standings as they are today
- enrollments for D1/D2

Celina's path should be:
R1: Gainesville
R2: Anna
R3: Gilmer
R4: Argyle
R5: Alvarado
SC: La Marque

If Celina loses to Argyle for district: (and then wins out)
R1: Krum
R2: Melissa
R3: Bullard

Lion70
10-18-2012, 10:00 AM
- enrollments for D1/D2

Celina's path should be:

bullard will be playing basketball

panfan
10-18-2012, 10:10 AM
I'll tell you this..
With someone who's deeply invested in District 8-3A.. I shudder at the thought of 8-3A's matchups with 7-3A... Ugh...

Anyway you look at it, LH is going to have a tough row to hoe. Assume They win the district, they play the runner up from district 7. Assume They don't win district and are the runner up, they play the winner of district 7. LH will go D2 regardless of winning district or not winning it. Stephenville will go DI regardless, so that leaves either Alvarado or Glenrose as likely opponents. My bet is, LH wins district, and we get Glenrose in the first round. I think Alvarado will be the distict runner up and be the DII lead team with Glenrose as runner up. I think Gatesville goes in as the division 8 DI team. Oh hell - its all speculation at this point.

Aesculus gilmus
10-18-2012, 10:22 AM
bullard will be playing basketball

I agree. I don't think Bullard will even play Henderson close. I think by that game the Lions will have learned how to line up. You do that and you'll make it to a Round Four rematch with Gilmer (assuming the Bux can make it that far).

GUNHO
10-18-2012, 11:14 AM
Is WOS going DII?,

WO-S will always go D2.Silsbee and Bridge City have bigger numbers and one of them will always make the playoffs.We had some great games with La Marque in the 4A playoffs and they hold a 3-1 mark on us I think.Seems like they were going to state every year back then.Whoever survies in region 3 D2 is sure going to earn it...espically in the lower bracket.

Ville-D
10-18-2012, 12:09 PM
3a D1

57 days 8 hours 21 minutes till kickoff.

I'll be there no matter who is playing.

TXfootballboi!
10-18-2012, 12:38 PM
i would like to see a rematch between alvarado and henderson

Bosqueville
10-18-2012, 01:55 PM
Glen Rose VS Liberty Hill!! That's a game I want to see! Contrast in styles for sure!

Lion70
10-18-2012, 02:00 PM
i would like to see a rematch between alvarado and henderson

might happen cause both have 4a teams from last year going to d1 ville and kilgore but unlike yall alvarado will have an easy chance to make it too the playoffs. Not a knock but there is 4 playoff teams from last year in the Doom. All went 3 rounds or better.

cougartino
10-18-2012, 02:01 PM
Is WOS going DII?,

At the new Beaumont Stadium? Yep!

Sville
10-18-2012, 02:22 PM
If Liberty Hill has problems against the pass they might want to play Alvarado in the first round. Not that would be any easier but sometimes it just a matchup game.

That is a brutal possible playoff gauntlet for Navasota.

regaleagle
10-18-2012, 02:39 PM
- enrollments for D1/D2

Celina's path should be:

Your R3 could be Henderson and the R5 Abilene Wylie if Big Spring makes the playoffs. And Argyle & Celina could switch places in this playoff rundown. Either way, looks like they will play each other twice this season....if things go the way we think they will. That doesn't always happen when the playoffs get here, though.

movethechain
10-18-2012, 02:46 PM
I agree. I don't think Bullard will even play Henderson close. I think by that game the Lions will have learned how to line up. You do that and you'll make it to a Round Four rematch with Gilmer (assuming the Bux can make it that far).

I watched Gladewater/Bullard last Friday and came away with the feeling that Gladewater could have beaten Bullard, had they played with the passion and excitement they showed against Gilmer. They just didn't seem to have any spark to them. However, you better not sleep or even pause on Bullard. Their QB is deadly accurate with the short pass and gets rid of the ball faster than anyone I have watched so far this year and their receivers catch everthing thrown near them. The Bullard defense could be the difference against Henderson ... they are extremely fast from side-to-side and may be able to close the seams before "Monsta" Brown can get through them. Should be an outstanding game.

regaleagle
10-18-2012, 02:47 PM
The other scenario would be for Argyle to go DI by losing to Aubrey(could happen). That would knock Frisco Lone Star out and put Aubrey as the 3rd team(assuming we beat Lone Star). Then Argyle's path would be totally different, and both teams could end up winning the region.

HEMOTOXIC
10-18-2012, 03:46 PM
That is a brutal possible playoff gauntlet for Navasota.

Tell me about it. Wow, I am getting excited about the playoffs! Come on November!:crazy1: