PDA

View Full Version : Region I Week 7 GotW: Stephenville(5-1) Vs. Alvarado(6-1)

Pages : [1] 2 3

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-12-2012, 07:43 AM
I'm going to go ahead and start this thread since there is no excitement playing Hillsboro.

Alvarado Vs. Stephenville will be a great game!!!! Alvarado should experience its largest home crowd in their history. Glad I got my tickets!!! Alvarado fans if you don't have yours you better get them.

Things to think about:

4-1 Stephenville is tested this year already and has proven to be a contender. Some say favored to win D1 State Championship. What they bring is a high octane offense and lots of tradition. An aerial attack that's hard to contain. A RB that is very capable. I don't know much about their defense.

5-1 Alvarado is proven to be a good ballclub coming off a State D1 championship appearance in 2011. Known to be a powerhouse they will give Stephenville fits with a good ground attack. And a good QB who has poise and has been in these big games since his sophmore yr. Alvarados Defense has not given up more than 20 points since 11/19/2010.

My prediction: If Alvarado can slow the passing attack and keep them under 20 pts. I feel Alvarado can pull off the upset 28-20. But to do this they need to keep the penalties and turnovers out completely. In no way is Alvarado getting blown out. Those days are gone. The coaching is too good.

Both teams are extremely well coached and this will be a rivalry that we will enjoy for many years to come!

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-12-2012, 07:47 AM
I expect this thread to blow up after Stephenville Vs. Glen Rose game tonight!

Ville-D
10-12-2012, 07:50 AM
I can't wait.

theville
10-12-2012, 08:13 AM
No way Alvarado holds Stephenville under 20.

defense51
10-12-2012, 08:24 AM
:lies:

ahs_indian_fan
10-12-2012, 08:27 AM
Just an FYI - while the defense has been very good the last couple years, Robinson did score 26 in last season's opener.

The biggest factor next week will be Alvarado's passing game. If Alvarado can throw the ball they will have a chance, however if the Indians continue to struggle in that area the Indians chances take a huge hit.

Any big boys from Alvarado willing to risk some jack?:taunt:

hollywood
10-12-2012, 09:21 AM
COBRAFOOTBALL, I love your optimism!! There's a LOT of if's for Alvarado in your analysis though. Don't hold your breath too long about a blowout. BTW.. what do you consider a blowout? 21+ points?

I know Alvarado is a very good team and is building a rich tradition in their program. Coach Dixon has done a great job. Looking forward to it!

IndianFan2012
10-12-2012, 09:31 AM
Looking forward to a great game!

Eagle11
10-12-2012, 09:44 AM
Alvarado better learn the throw the ball in the next two week because if they dont it will be a long game.

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-12-2012, 09:52 AM

They just might...... Alvarado D is one of the best in the state.......

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-12-2012, 09:53 AM
Just an FYI - while the defense has been very good the last couple years, Robinson did score 26 in last season's opener.

The biggest factor next week will be Alvarado's passing game. If Alvarado can throw the ball they will have a chance, however if the Indians continue to struggle in that area the Indians chances take a huge hit.Dang you caught me in a lie! wow.. I missed that one.. lol. You are correct ahs.

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-12-2012, 09:55 AM
COBRAFOOTBALL, I love your optimism!! There's a LOT of if's for Alvarado in your analysis though. Don't hold your breath too long about a blowout. BTW.. what do you consider a blowout? 21+ points?

I know Alvarado is a very good team and is building a rich tradition in their program. Coach Dixon has done a great job. Looking forward to it!
Yes Id say 21+ is a blowout. If that happens I will be on SVilles bandwagon to win a championship. Heck kinda on it now...... Except for our game! lol!

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-12-2012, 09:59 AM
Alvarado better learn the throw the ball in the next two week because if they dont it will be a long game.

Eagle they didnt throw against Decatur because of the wind... Plus our ground attack chewed up all we needed. Heck we left 2 scores out there due to miscues. My son had a 48 yard TD called back due to holding. I watched the video.. There was no hold.. Could have been much worse. Im sure Stephenville will try to stack the box just like everyone else does. I bet West has a good game throwing.. 150 yds in the air will make things nice though!

Eagle11
10-12-2012, 10:08 AM
Eagle they didnt throw against Decatur because of the wind... Plus our ground attack chewed up all we needed. Heck we left 2 scores out there due to miscues. My son had a 48 yard TD called back due to holding. I watched the video.. There was no hold.. Could have been much worse. Im sure Stephenville will try to stack the box just like everyone else does. I bet West has a good game throwing.. 150 yds in the air will make things nice though!
im know we are no Ville or any other top team but we had two interceptions in the game and it had nothing to do with the wind. good luck with all of that. i know you are upset about not getting all of your style points that you hoped for. just go back and look at your game tape and you can find plenty of holding if you stop looking thru your purple glasses. the Ville by 21

theville
10-12-2012, 10:20 AM

hollywood
10-12-2012, 10:28 AM

I would agree that Alvarado has one of the better D's in 3A. Maybe not as strong as last years though. We'll see. If Alvarado holds Stephenville to under 20 points, I'll be shocked. Alvarado's D looks similar to what Amaraillo had. Not huge up front but very good technique and scrappy.

If watching video on Stephenville, it's hard to realize how big the O-line and D-line are. Both execute very well and have been fatiguing the opposition. Stephenville plays hard for 4 qtrs.

GrTigers6
10-12-2012, 10:33 AM
I would agree that Alvarado has one of the better D's in 3A. Maybe not as strong as last years though. We'll see. If Alvarado holds Stephenville to under 20 points, I'll be shocked. Alvarado's D looks similar to what Amaraillo had. Not huge up front but very good technique and scrappy.

If watching video on Stephenville, it's hard to realize how big the O-line and D-line are. Both execute very well and have been fatiguing the opposition. Stephenville plays hard for 4 qtrs.Thats because you have 80 kids to switch in and out.:D

hollywood
10-12-2012, 10:42 AM
Thats because you have 80 kids to switch in and out.:D

Nah, just a few less than that. Stephenville only has 1000 students total. ;)

ccmom
10-12-2012, 10:55 AM
I tried to look up Alavardo's stadium on TexasBob but there's not a pic. One of you peace pipe smokers needs to submit a pic to them.

Does the stadium really seat 2500? If so, y'all are gonna be packed in like sardines for this game. Should make for a fun atmosphere!!

theville
10-12-2012, 11:11 AM

Nope just 30. Aledo did have 80 and we beat them by 13. Go Figure..:stirpot:

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-12-2012, 11:45 AM

If watching video on Stephenville, it's hard to realize how big the O-line and D-line are. Both execute very well and have been fatiguing the opposition. Stephenville plays hard for 4 qtrs.

Not huge up front? really? Look again at Brazos Fuller #99 and Dylan Lemons #89 Both 250+ lbs and Fuller may get all state recognition this yr.

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-12-2012, 11:47 AM
I tried to look up Alavardo's stadium on TexasBob but there's not a pic. One of you peace pipe smokers needs to submit a pic to them.

Does the stadium really seat 2500? If so, y'all are gonna be packed in like sardines for this game. Should make for a fun atmosphere!!
Its a small stadium. It will be packed!!!!!

Sville
10-12-2012, 12:35 PM
Its a small stadium. It will be packed!!!!!

Not after halftime on the home side

hollywood
10-12-2012, 12:48 PM
Not huge up front? really? Look again at Brazos Fuller #99 and Dylan Lemons #89 Both 250+ lbs and Fuller may get all state recognition this yr.

Huge for Alvarado standards maybe. I didn't say Alvarado doesn't have size, just not huge. The little O-lines Alvarado's D-line is used to playing won't compare to what they'll face against the Ville's! :tisk::wave:

Hendo
10-12-2012, 01:42 PM

Im pretty sure Stephenville has played plenty of teams with quite a bit more student to pick from. Dont throw your "they have more students" crap on us. :bigcry:

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-12-2012, 02:11 PM
Huge for Alvarado standards maybe. I didn't say Alvarado doesn't have size, just not huge. The little O-lines Alvarado's D-line is used to playing won't compare to what they'll face against the Ville's! :tisk::wave:
U better go look at Ft Worth SW O line.. lol.. Giants.... Just sayin.. and HUGE does nothing.. we run right by them..

theville
10-12-2012, 02:35 PM
U better go look at Ft Worth SW O line.. lol.. Giants.... Just sayin.. and HUGE does nothing.. we run right by them..

Fort Worth.......nuff said.

toddg
10-12-2012, 02:44 PM
Fort Worth.......nuff said.

Southwest will give Aledo all they want this year..just because Ft worth teams usually suck, they are the exception.

toddg
10-12-2012, 03:11 PM
Just because Alvarado doesnt pass alot, doesnt mean they cant pass well...most of the time, they dont have to..
if i had to compare West to anybody, it would be Bishop..very similer in a lot of ways...arm stength,accuracy, size, leadership, grasp of offense, experiance..most of all..mental/emotional approach to the game...in other words he's a pit bull out there.

with Alvarado and Stephenville, you get two very contrasting offensive game styles, but..two very similer defensive styles..this is going to be a very interesting game to watch from a spectator point of view regardless which colors you wear..

most of us Alvarado folks on here went to school in Alvarado so our purple blood runs pretty deep..the program coach Dixon and staff has built..we are extremly proud of...we dont have the great tradition Stepenville has, but we are working on it..and on the right track.

hollywood
10-12-2012, 06:08 PM
Just because Alvarado doesnt pass alot, doesnt mean they cant pass well...most of the time, they dont have to..
if i had to compare West to anybody, it would be Bishop..very similer in a lot of ways...arm stength,accuracy, size, leadership, grasp of offense, experiance..most of all..mental/emotional approach to the game...in other words he's a pit bull out there.

with Alvarado and Stephenville, you get two very contrasting offensive game styles, but..two very similer defensive styles..this is going to be a very interesting game to watch from a spectator point of view regardless which colors you wear..

most of us Alvarado folks on here went to school in Alvarado so our purple blood runs pretty deep..the program coach Dixon and staff has built..we are extremly proud of...we dont have the great tradition Stepenville has, but we are working on it..and on the right track.

Good post toddg!! I can appreciate that. You should be proud of what Dixon has brought to the community!

hollywood
10-12-2012, 11:31 PM
Official "It's on now!!" smack for the injuns!

I haven't seen Alvarado play yet, but as of now, I'm going out on a limb and saying Alvarado is the 3rd best team in the district. :stirpot:

Hendo
10-12-2012, 11:33 PM

I haven't seen Alvarado play yet, but as of now, I'm going out on a limb and saying Alvarado is the 3rd best team in the district. :stirpot:

:iagree:

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-12-2012, 11:42 PM

Thats a mighty thin limb youre out on.... So far you give Alvarado no credit.... wow.. funny.. Alvarado is proven and still no love? Alvarado will do just fine against Stephenville. We are the opposite style of team than GR. More ball control. Slower paced. POWER running game. Good luck when your D line gets winded.. Its off to the races.... May the best team win. Smack talk time!

Show me what ya got!

toddg
10-12-2012, 11:47 PM

That's a mighty long and thin limb...considering Alvarado has 20 players who played in a state championship 9 months ago

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-12-2012, 11:49 PM
That's a mighty long and thin limb...considering Alvarado has 20 players who played in a state championship 9 months ago

:ditto::iagree:

hollywood
10-12-2012, 11:52 PM
Thats a mighty thin limb youre out on.... So far you give Alvarado no credit.... wow.. funny.. Alvarado is proven and still no love? Alvarado will do just fine against Stephenville. We are the opposite style of team than GR. More ball control. Slower paced. POWER running game. Good luck when your D line gets winded.. Its off to the races.... May the best team win. Smack talk time!

Show me what ya got!

Like I said, as of now I'm sticking to my guns. Prove me wrong. GR controlled possession. Their game plan was keep away. GR time of possession 30 min!! SV 18 min!! SV D played hard for 4qtrs. AV is going to need more than a power running game. I can tell you that.

GR is big, strong and their RB #22 is a stud!

Sville
10-12-2012, 11:54 PM
The Jackets will beat Alvarado by 4 TDs

Ville-D
10-12-2012, 11:57 PM

Or more.

hollywood
10-12-2012, 11:58 PM
One other thing before I sign off. SV longest drive was 4 min. Who is AV going to key on SV offense? There's too many weapons. 300 yds passing 200 yards rushing. Held GR to 385 yrd offense who was gaining over 500 yrds/game. SV defense has some work to do against the spread. They can stop the run.

Ville-D
10-12-2012, 11:59 PM

How'd that work out for you? :taunt:

Ville-D
10-13-2012, 12:00 AM
One other thing before I sign off. SV longest drive was 4 min. Who is AV going to key on SV offense? There's too many weapons. 300 yds passing 200 yards rushing. Held GR to 385 yrd offense who was gaining over 500 yrds/game. SV defense has some work to do against the spread. They can stop the run.

:clap: Well said. Is it Friday yet?

Ville-D
10-13-2012, 12:00 AM
Like I said, as of now I'm sticking to my guns. Prove me wrong. GR controlled possession. Their game plan was keep away. GR time of possession 30 min!! SV 18 min!! SV D played hard for 4qtrs. AV is going to need more than a power running game. I can tell you that.

GR is big, strong and their RB #22 is a stud!

#9 is a baller too. He just ran out of gas.

Ville-D
10-13-2012, 12:02 AM

Venus may have something to say about that... :doh:

hollywood
10-13-2012, 12:06 AM

Ok, I'll stay up a little longer. 20 players? The key players graduated. Different team this year. I give Alvarado credit. Great young program no doubt! Will be a great atmosphere next Friday. SV has a huge target on their back. Every team they face will be more than up for the challenge. That's what's so great about Texas HS football! Any team is beatable. Just takes a few mistakes against good teams to create an upset.

The injuns better have scouted well tonight. It's going to ale more than a power running game to overcome 48 points! ;)

hollywood
10-13-2012, 12:09 AM

Yes! And the QB #10, WR #4 and #21.

hollywood
10-13-2012, 12:09 AM

Yes! And the QB #10, WR #4 and #21.

hollywood
10-13-2012, 12:11 AM
Venus may have something to say about that... :doh:

Still not sold on them yet. But you definitely have a point!

defense51
10-13-2012, 12:14 AM
Ok, I'll stay up a little longer. 20 players? The key players graduated. Different team this year. I give Alvarado credit. Great young program no doubt! Will be a great atmosphere next Friday. SV has a huge target on their back. Every team they face will be more than up for the challenge. That's what's so great about Texas HS football! Any team is beatable. Just takes a few mistakes against good teams to create an upset.

The injuns better have scouted well tonight. It's going to ale more than a power running game to overcome 48 points! ;)
We bring a quick, well coached defense that has yet to allow more than 14 points in a game also.

hollywood
10-13-2012, 12:18 AM
We bring a quick, well coached defense that has yet to allow more than 14 points in a game also.

That's very applauding defense51! No doubt that AV has a good D. But tell me who on AV schedule can even compare to SV offense? Or even GR For that matter. Me thinks nada! Zero! Zilch! Not even close! :tisk:

defense51
10-13-2012, 12:34 AM
Hollywood, I'm not arguing that we've played anyone close to the offensive power of Stephenville, but the Indians defense will keep the game close. They are young and outsized week in and week out, but play much bigger than their actual size. We will pressure the QB with our quickness and #99 will stop pretty much anything in the middle.

toddg
10-13-2012, 12:44 AM

of the 20, 11 were stone cold starters..Stephenville has exactly 0 players who have played in a game past the qtr.finals..GR has exactly 0 that has played past round 2 and every player from GR that played a significant role tonite, we have faced in game for 2 years..so we are not suprised, like so many Stephenville folks apparently are, how good they are..big game experience means something..im just saying we wont be awe struck.

hollywood
10-13-2012, 12:47 AM
Hollywood, I'm not arguing that we've played anyone close to the offensive power of Stephenville, but the Indians defense will keep the game close. They are young and outsized week in and week out, but play much bigger than their actual size. We will pressure the QB with our quickness and #99 will stop pretty much anything in the middle.

defense51, if Alvarado's D is close to last years D, I love they way they play. Hard, fast, and deciplined. Cause havoc up the middle and edges. SV O-line will be in for a challenge without question. What's even more of a challenge is how opposing defenses have to plan stop SV offense. One thing I can assure you, this weeks practices will be good for both teams. :clap::clap:

toddg
10-13-2012, 12:49 AM
How'd that work out for you? :taunt:

we lost by one point to a team that was bigger, and faster than Stephenville...we had our chances in that game.

hollywood
10-13-2012, 12:54 AM
of the 20, 11 were stone cold starters..Stephenville has exactly 0 players who have played in a game past the qtr.finals..GR has exactly 0 that has played past round 2 and every player from GR that played a significant role tonite, we have faced in game for 2 years..so we are not suprised, like so many Stephenville folks apparently are, how good they are..big game experience means something..im just saying we wont be awe struck.

You have somewhat a point. But, you can't put too much stock in that rant about last year! Lol
Most SV folks didn't see GR play last year. I did and can say without a doubt, they are much improved from last year. You won't get to see for a few weeks but soon enough. ;)

hollywood
10-13-2012, 12:56 AM
we lost by one point to a team that was bigger, and faster than Stephenville...we had our chances in that game.

I disagree with that comment. CH would have lost to SV last year by at least 2 TD's IMO.

defense51
10-13-2012, 01:00 AM
Are you going to be at the game Hollywood?

toddg
10-13-2012, 01:03 AM
I disagree with that comment. CH would have lost to SV last year by at least 2 TD's IMO.

maybe...but they were still bigger and faster!:smoker:

hollywood
10-13-2012, 01:06 AM
Are you going to be at the game Hollywood?

Oh yeah, I've been looking forward to this one all year!

hollywood
10-13-2012, 01:12 AM
I expect this thread to blow up after Stephenville Vs. Glen Rose game tonight!

:iagree: :clap:

Going to be a fun week! :1popcorn:

toddg
10-13-2012, 02:37 AM
Purple Haze was in my brain,
lately things don't seem the same,
actin' funny but I don't know why
'scuse me while I kiss the sky.

Purple Haze all around,
don't know if I'm coming up or down.
Am I happy or in misery?
Whatever it is, THE INDIANS put a spell on me.

Purple Haze was in my eyes,
don't know if it's day or night,
you've got me blowing, blowing my mind
is it tomorrow or just the end of time?http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13969/clock_a.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

TICK TOCK!http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13787/emoticon-object-0345B15D.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

Hendo
10-13-2012, 07:39 AM
Purple Haze was in my brain,
lately things don't seem the same,
actin' funny but I don't know why
'scuse me while I kiss the sky.

Purple Haze all around,
don't know if I'm coming up or down.
Am I happy or in misery?
Whatever it is, THE INDIANS put a spell on me.

Purple Haze was in my eyes,
don't know if it's day or night,
you've got me blowing, blowing my mind
is it tomorrow or just the end of time?http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13969/clock_a.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

TICK TOCK!http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13787/emoticon-object-0345B15D.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

Yeah yall must be high! Thinking yall are gonna be able to bring it next week. :smoker:

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-13-2012, 07:47 AM
Boy I love this thread! Alvarado by 14.

ahs_indian_fan
10-13-2012, 07:56 AM
I'm sure Stephenville's offense is more disciplined than Southwest's but holding Southwest to 13 was a feat that won't be matched by anyone else - including Aledo. The best thing for Alvarado's defense heading into next week is that the two playmakers in the secondary appear to be healthy for the first time since the Southwest game.

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-13-2012, 08:15 AM
One thing is sure. SV offense. GREAT. Avarado defense is really good. Much better than GR. IMO. and our offense is pretty dang good. Won't be a game of see who can run the score up and who can catch ya. It could come down to a mistake on either side. I hear names from SV and how great they are. This is true. But let me tell u something. Alvarado has a few stars of their own. Just in case u haven't been watching. We have a starting backfield that has flat out score TDs. U wanna see who they are? Look em up. We know. :) It's our lil secret. Well maybe not a secret.

One thing is sure. SV offense. GREAT. Avarado defense is really good. Much better than GR. IMO. and our offense is pretty dang good. Won't be a game of see who can run the score up and who can catch ya. It could come down to a mistake on either side. I hear names from SV and how great they are. This is true. But let me tell u something. Alvarado has a few stars of their own. Just in case u haven't been watching. We have a starting backfield that has flat out score TDs. U wanna see who they are? Look em up. We know. :) It's our lil secret. Well maybe not a secret.

You had better worry about Glen Rose.

defense51
10-13-2012, 09:17 AM
We will after we get by the Jackets next Friday

hollywood
10-13-2012, 09:21 AM
Boy I love this thread! Alvarado by 14.

Boy I love this thread too! Are you meaning Alvarado by 14 min of possession? Cause you must be smokin peyote if you think Alvarado by 14 pts!! LOL

hollywood
10-13-2012, 09:26 AM
I'm sure Stephenville's offense is more disciplined than Southwest's but holding Southwest to 13 was a feat that won't be matched by anyone else - including Aledo. The best thing for Alvarado's defense heading into next week is that the two playmakers in the secondary appear to be healthy for the first time since the Southwest game.

More desciplined? How about more explosive too! You'll be a little shell shocked at first when you see SV move the ball at will. Just hang in there, you'll get a chance at GR or Venus.

Hendo
10-13-2012, 09:36 AM
More desciplined? How about more explosive too! You'll be a little shell shocked at first when you see SV move the ball at will. Just hang in there, you'll get a chance at GR or Venus.

:iagree:

garciap77
10-13-2012, 09:43 AM
Alvarado by 41!

Sville
10-13-2012, 09:54 AM
maybe...but they were still bigger and faster!:smoker:

No they weren't

hollywood
10-13-2012, 09:55 AM
Alvarado by 41!

GP77, go post crap like that in ya'lls cupcake district's threads!

:D

Sville
10-13-2012, 09:59 AM
Alvarado is a lesser version of Amarillo. It is a matchup thing, what the Indians try to do plays right into our strengths. Sville will score 30 or 40 something and the Indians won't get into the 20's.

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-13-2012, 10:06 AM
Hahahaha

Sville
10-13-2012, 10:10 AM
This game will be easier than Glen Rose

hollywood
10-13-2012, 10:11 AM
Indians are in the upset alert mode. It's a given Stephenville and Glen Rose will beat them.. The unknown is how Venus will do. Possible early basketball season for Alvarillo! :1popcorn:

Hendo
10-13-2012, 10:14 AM
Alvarado by 41!

:fnypost: Do I really need to say it again? :crazy:

toddg
10-13-2012, 10:15 AM
No they weren't yes they were

OldBison75
10-13-2012, 10:15 AM
Just an outsiders opinion, but:

Alvarado will be a tougher defense for Stephenville than Glen Rose. However, I think the Alvarado offense will have trouble against the Stepehenville defense. They won't have a chance to win unless they can put together a strong passing attack. Alvarado will score, but they will have to grind out the yards the hard way.

Stephenville 28
Alvarado 14

defense51
10-13-2012, 10:28 AM
yes they were

I believe they were, both sides of the line for CHill were huge.

hollywood
10-13-2012, 11:04 AM

Subject that's debatable to no end.

This year, Alvarillo is in for a tough road to get out of district much less make a playoff run!

hollywood

This year, Alvarillo is in for a tough road to get out of district much less make a playoff run!

Sville
I know how you feel Alvarado fans. Yall had a great team LAST year with a few hold overs this year, and yall want to believe so desperately that this years bunch is as good. I have been there myself with visions of grandiose. Come Friday when we drive up 67 we will do our civic duty and bring yall back to the reality that yall are not as good this year.

toddg
10-13-2012, 11:11 AM

we know no other road but the tough road...wouldnt have it any other way!

Glen Rose will beat Alvarado. Or its going to be damn close.

hollywood
10-13-2012, 11:17 AM
You know this thread is going to become and be merged with the Region 1 Week 7 GotW! :clap:

TXfootballboi!
10-13-2012, 11:22 AM
well one i know alvarado is very well coached and will be prepared. they might not have the talent as the did last year but they have enough. but stephenville is big and fast. way bigger then chapel hill. they were a 4a team and if you can hold johnanthan gray to only 250 yards last year you are pretty damn good. but it will be a good game.

Sville
10-13-2012, 11:30 AM
One little, two little, three little Injuns,
four little, five little, six little Injuns,
Seven little, eight little, nine little Injuns,
Ten little, and eleven Injun boys.
Eleven little Injuns once apon a when,
One got his helmet knocked off then there were ten;
Ten little Injuns standin' on the line,
One got scared at the Jackets and then there were nine;
Nine little Injuns lined up in the swingin' gate,
One pee’d his pants and then there were eight.
Eight little Injuns happiest under heav'n.
One went to the locker room and then there were seven;
Seven little Injuns throwin picks,
One crapped their pants and then there were six.
Six little Injuns all alive,
One threw a punch and then there were five;
Five little Injuns at the locker room door,
One wouldn’t come out then there were four.
Four little Injuns trying to flee,
Only one got away and then there were three;
Three little Injuns that didn’t have a clue,
One was too dumb and then there were two.
Two little Injuns that weighed a ton,
One ran out of gas and then there was one;
One little Injun playin' all alone,
He got ear holed and then there were none.

defense51
10-13-2012, 11:35 AM

Let me me rephrase this so it means the same thing. Glen Rose will beat Alvarado or they might not... :1omg!:

toddg
10-13-2012, 11:39 AM
I know how you feel Alvarado fans. Yall had a great team LAST year with a few hold overs this year, and yall want to believe so desperately that this years bunch is as good. I have been there myself with visions of grandiose. Come Friday when we drive up 67 we will do our civic duty and bring yall back to the reality that yall are not as good this year.

no visions of grandiose here..heck we are over joyed with the opening of a Taco Bell here last week! no reality ck needed..our football team has and always will earn everything the hard way, thats just who the Alvarado Indians are..and those players and coaches know we will be there to support them no matter what! thats who we are! our players and coaches will work hard this week, just like any other week and hopefully pull out a win.

TXfootballboi!
10-13-2012, 11:40 AM
i wanna know who the person was that said we actaully had to worry about venus?? really? they play 2a teams Alvarado is def not worried about them and shouldnt be. Alvarado will come prepared for this stephenville game like they did the state game. the football team will play hard! they have enough playmakers in hardy and mcneil! the defense can hold its own. granted tyler bates or aj castillo arent on that D but they will brin everything they have i know that for sure

Sville
10-13-2012, 11:47 AM
no visions of grandiose here..heck we are over joyed with the opening of a Taco Bell here last week! no reality ck needed..our football team has and always will earn everything the hard way, thats just who the Alvarado Indians are..and those players and coaches know we will be there to support them no matter what! thats who we are! our players and coaches will work hard this week, just like any other week and hopefully pull out a win.

Now todd this is going to be a boring week if this is how you are gonna smack talk. I thought the Alvarado fans were gonna bring it?

TXfootballboi!
10-13-2012, 11:55 AM
i dont see the ville blowning alvarado out

defense51
10-13-2012, 12:01 PM
I hear the forecast has possible rain for Friday night, that has to worry Stephenville fans. After all we all know how the jackets play in inclement weather.

Hendo
10-13-2012, 12:05 PM
i dont see the ville blowning alvarado out

Maybe you need glasses!! POW!!

TXfootballboi!
10-13-2012, 12:09 PM
nah i see fine. just bc stephenville is bigger and faster doesnt mean that they will blow alvarado out? i mean they did play in the state game last year against a very great chapel hill team. that chapel hill team could have played against stephenville. they are well coached and im pretty sure alvarados head coach has about 3 state rings... so being prepared wont being a issue.

toddg
10-13-2012, 12:13 PM
Now todd this is going to be a boring week if this is how you are gonna smack talk. I thought the Alvarado fans were gonna bring it?
http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13622/LargeDevil002.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

thats just my disclaimer C Man!! i know our head coach aint your former JH coach..so we dont expect all the hugs and kisses ya'll gave Glen Rose!

the Ville 89
10-13-2012, 12:25 PM
I hear the forecast has possible rain for Friday night, that has to worry Stephenville fans. After all we all know how the jackets play in inclement weather.

News Flash: it was raining in Snyder and it did not effect the outcome of the game.

Hendo
10-13-2012, 12:30 PM
nah i see fine. just bc stephenville is bigger and faster doesnt mean that they will blow alvarado out? i mean they did play in the state game last year against a very great chapel hill team. that chapel hill team could have played against stephenville. they are well coached and im pretty sure alvarados head coach has about 3 state rings... so being prepared wont being a issue.

Dont forget stronger and smarter to go along with bigger and faster.:stirpot:

hollywood
10-13-2012, 12:47 PM
i wanna know who the person was that said we actaully had to worry about venus?? really? they play 2a teams Alvarado is def not worried about them and shouldnt be. Alvarado will come prepared for this stephenville game like they did the state game. the football team will play hard! they have enough playmakers in hardy and mcneil! the defense can hold its own. granted tyler bates or aj castillo arent on that D but they will brin everything they have i know that for sure

Ladoy! Of course they will play hard. Big question is, will it be enough?

defense51
10-13-2012, 12:56 PM
Dont forget stronger and smarter to go along with bigger and faster.:stirpot::blahblah: Those big offensive lineman are going to be on their heels all night

toddg
10-13-2012, 01:09 PM
Yeah yall must be high! Thinking yall are gonna be able to bring it next week. :smoker:

the only thing "high" will be the score on the left side of the scoreboard friday night!http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13802/smileypipe.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-13-2012, 01:42 PM
Y'all are lucky I'm in Biloxi gambling. I'd be tearing this thread up!!!

Yeah Playing both ways wore down several of the GR players.

Let me me rephrase this so it means the same thing. Glen Rose will beat Alvarado or they might not... :1omg!:

:crazy1:

Hendo
10-13-2012, 02:01 PM
:blahblah: Those big offensive lineman are going to be on their heels all night

Did anyone notice the amount of time T. Jones had to find a reciever in last nights game. I think one time he bent down to tie his shoe in middle of a play before throwing the ball. :spitlol:

defense51
10-13-2012, 02:13 PM
Did anyone notice the amount of time T. Jones had to find a reciever in last nights game. I think one time he bent down to tie his shoe in middle of a play before throwing the ball. :spitlol:

Hope he enjoyed it, we'll see how he does against a real pass rush this week. :vrycnfsd:

Hendo
10-13-2012, 03:08 PM
Hope he enjoyed it, we'll see how he does against a real pass rush this week. :vrycnfsd:

Just know that getting past the OL is only the first feat. After that they have to catch him! ;)

toddg
10-13-2012, 03:24 PM
Just know that getting past the OL is only the first feat. After that they have to catch him! ;)

he is slickhttp://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13622/partyguy.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/).....like Rocky trying to catch that chicken...and eventually, he did!!!

toddg
10-13-2012, 03:53 PM

atleast i know how Ville celebrated last night....http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13622/hookah.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

toddg
10-13-2012, 04:09 PM

Or more.

Et tu vill-d and sville? Et tu?http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13622/hookah.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)...hookah must be aplenty west of the brazos...

theville
10-13-2012, 04:45 PM
Et tu vill-d and sville? Et tu?http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13622/hookah.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)...hookah must be aplenty west of the brazos...

Waco Connally...

toddg
10-13-2012, 05:04 PM
Waco Connally...

The Alamo....

Lions88
10-13-2012, 05:22 PM
You know, I only peek out when the games matter. But i dont see the injuns winning this one. Ever since that Southwest win, Yall havent played anyone. Ville is going to put atleast 35 on the board. Alvarado just can't pass, i mean they can, but they are struggling with it. The Ville is going to stack the line. Good luck Alvarado, You are going to need it. :stirpot:

Jackets: 35
Indians: 14

hollywood
10-13-2012, 05:47 PM
The Alamo....

Funny... But remember that was week 0. What week was Waco Connally?

Hendo
10-13-2012, 05:47 PM
he is slickhttp://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13622/partyguy.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/).....like Rocky trying to catch that chicken...and eventually, he did!!!

:fnypost: This made me laugh. Your smileys are killing me. But on a more serious note. It took Rocky days to catch that chicken. Yall, my friend, only have 48 minutes.

defense51
10-13-2012, 06:24 PM
:fnypost: This made me laugh. Your smileys are killing me. But on a more serious note. It took Rocky days to catch that chicken. Yall, my friend, only have 48 minutes.

I did the math and it can be done

48 arcminutes = 0.013962634 rad
Plenty of time!

Hendo
10-13-2012, 06:43 PM
I did the math and it can be done

48 arcminutes = 0.013962634 rad
Plenty of time!

Im going to need you to show your work. Thank you.

defense51
10-13-2012, 07:16 PM
Im going to need you to show your work. Thank you.

C'mon, Seriously??? :foul:

toddg
10-13-2012, 10:23 PM
the underdog Indians "rope a dope" the Jackets...http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/misc/smiley-vault-misc-009.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)..Down goes Jackets!!..Down goes Jackets!!http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13911/hapydancsmil~0~0.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

Saving that party for after the Alvarado game. We havent even got the fire lit yet!!!!

toddg
10-13-2012, 11:35 PM
saving that party for after the alvarado game. We havent even got the fire lit yet!!!!

lol!:)

Ville-D
10-13-2012, 11:39 PM

What's hookah?

toddg
10-13-2012, 11:54 PM
What's hookah?its an Indian(India the country) waterpipe..mainly using sheesha tobacco..but the american version uses a mix that sets off crazy thoughts and leading to unreasonable posts on message boards....

http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13911/katz2.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

toddg
10-14-2012, 02:36 AM

i'll see what i can do about that!! i usually go to google maps and look at the sat. image of stadiums...you can really scope the parking situation.

PurpleReign2011
10-14-2012, 02:43 AM
Well......this should be a very fun game. My thoughts....Alvarado can win, but to do so they are going to have to play much better than they have been playing. They are going to have to be in Stephenville's face all night on defense. Stephenville is going to score points. So we just need to play physical. We need to stunt like crazy and pressure that QB like no other. And while we have a young defense, I think we can stop them from time to time. As for the offense, Stephenville can't score points if their offense is not on the field. Alvarado is going to have to wear them down. And we don't really have the backs we've had in years past. Hardy and McNeil are good, but they are no Wayne or Broham. Because of this, our passing game is critical. We need to be able to complete passes, just enough to keep 8 people out of the box. And honestly, Kenny West and our receivers can do it, if they come ready to play. We need to be physical and just get first downs. If our offense can keep the ball and our defense can light a fire under that OB's tail, keeping them under 20 points is not out of the question. Its been done before. My personal favorite example, the one Coach Dixon uses all the time, Katy over South Lake in 2003. Katy won 16 to 15 against a very explosive offense lead by QB Chase Daniels I believe. And the first drive of the game Katy made an 18 play drive, then punted. Then they scored on a 15 play drive. They controlled the clock, and that resulted in a win. A close win. I guess the bottom line is that if we play physical, drive the ball on offense, and pressure them on defense, we can win. If we do all those things, I say we can win by a very close margin. Anywhere between 1 and 7 pts. However, there is a reason Stephenville is the favorite. They are very good. All around. And we need to play perfect. But If Stephenville does win, it will not be a blow out.

Sville
10-14-2012, 07:04 AM
Ha, Alvarado won't hold the Jackets under 30 much less 20. And if they do I am making a donation to Foster's Home for Children in Coach Dixon's name.

toddg
10-14-2012, 07:56 AM
Ha, Alvarado won't hold the Jackets under 30 much less 20. And if they do I am making a donation to Foster's Home for Children in Coach Dixon's name.

He will really appreciate that..he is very accessable, he actually returns phone calls, if you need him to endorse anything. the Indian defense is atleast 19 points better than Glen Roses.

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-14-2012, 08:00 AM

Get out your checkbook.....

toddg
10-14-2012, 08:16 AM

we know Glen Rose very well..apparantly better than you folks..we will think about them next week.

toddg
10-14-2012, 08:27 AM

hey, are you going to any of the sub-varsity games thursday? i will be at the freshman games, my son is on the Indian purple team playing at 630..so ill probably miss the JV game since it starts at 7..

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-14-2012, 08:27 AM
This week is all about the AZZ WHOOPIN of SV!.... You have never seen a rushing attack like youre about to see! Thats my boy!!!! Go #8 17th TD last Fri night!

Hendo
10-14-2012, 08:41 AM
This week is all about the AZZ WHOOPIN of SV!.... You have never seen a rushing attack like youre about to see! Thats my boy!!!! Go #8 17th TD last Fri night!

Are you implying that this Fridays rushing attack will be better than a J. Gray rushing attack? :thinking:

Ville-D
10-14-2012, 08:42 AM
You boys best be heading to church. Get off of the boards for a bit. I am at church already btw- before you reply.

Put it on paper!

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-14-2012, 08:46 AM
Are you implying that this Fridays rushing attack will be better than a J. Gray rushing attack? :thinking:

Nope not at all... But Johnathan Gray is a Longhorn.. Not a Bearcat anymore. Its a new year! New talent..

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-14-2012, 08:49 AM

Well I take that back.. When you consider the "one man show" of Mr. Gray. Neither RBs will put up that number.. But when you put them together as a "team tandem" the Ill have to say yes. THUNDER AND LIGHTNING Is what the papers call them.. You will see true HEART this friday night.

toddg
10-14-2012, 08:49 AM

No..but his son is the leading rusher in district, so you should understand his pride and confidence in our OLine and rushing attack.

toddg
10-14-2012, 08:51 AM
You boys best be heading to church. Get off of the boards for a bit. I am at church already btw- before you reply.

Put it on paper!

yes sir!!

Sville
10-14-2012, 09:01 AM

Put it on paper!

I will have to catch ya next week. I am getting ready to head to Austin for an all week conference. Don't mess up in the sound booth.

Your boy is gonna be lucky is he dont crap himself after Mookie hits him.

IndianFan2012
10-14-2012, 10:52 AM

Keep on talkin', we'll do the walkin' up and down the field this Friday.

hollywood
10-14-2012, 10:58 AM
Keep on talkin', we'll do the walkin' up and down the field this Friday.

Alvarillo will be able to do a little walkin' but not up and down the field. Keep day dreaming cause that's as close as their going to get!

hollywood
10-14-2012, 11:05 AM
What do you get when you combine Alvarado and Amarillo? Alvarillo. Here's a clip of what Stephenville can expect to see this Friday thanks to Sville!

Avarillo (http://stephenvilleyellowjackets.com/index.php?topic=1152.msg7135#msg7135)

IndianFan2012
10-14-2012, 11:07 AM
Alvarillo will be able to do a little walkin' but not up and down the field. Keep day dreaming cause that's as close as their going to get!

This feels too much like last year when Henderson talked so much and did so little.

hollywood
10-14-2012, 11:13 AM
This feels too much like last year when Henderson talked so much and did so little.

Whoa there Indian.. not so fast. Put the peace pipe away. Stepheville can back theirs up. Alvarillo is not tested yet... Stephenville has played the toughest predistrict schedule to date!

toddg
10-14-2012, 11:20 AM

the safety better watch out for one of our TEs in his earhole first..
im actually looking fwd to watching him play though..he is good!

OldBison75
10-14-2012, 11:27 AM
Stephenville has played a very tough schedule and come out in pretty good shape so far. Alvarado has not been tested quite like Stephenville, but if we are honest, we know they are gonna be a tough team to beat. The danger in this game is that the tough schedule for Stephenville may be taking some toll with bumps, bruises and injuries. Is #6 really out for the season? Heard he had to have surgery!!!

As good a Stephenville is, they can't afford too many injuries and better be at the top of their game every week because they have a target on the middle of their chest. Alvarado is good enough to win if the Jackets slip just a little. Glen Rose proved that Stephenville is human and can be beat if a good team gets a few breaks.

Alvarado has been getting ready for this game all year and will be ready. My upset special this week has Alvarado winning 28-24!!!!!

toddg
10-14-2012, 11:30 AM
Whoa there Indian.. not so fast. Put the peace pipe away. Stepheville can back theirs up. Alvarillo is not tested yet... Stephenville has played the toughest predistrict schedule to date!

Peacepipe good stuff..warns off evil spirits..make football spirit happy..also effective yellerjacket repellanthttp://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13802/smileypipe.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

defense51
10-14-2012, 11:36 AM
:1popcorn:

hollywood
10-14-2012, 11:43 AM
Stephenville has played a very tough schedule and come out in pretty good shape so far. Alvarado has not been tested quite like Stephenville, but if we are honest, we know they are gonna be a tough team to beat. The danger in this game is that the tough schedule for Stephenville may be taking some toll with bumps, bruises and injuries. Is #6 really out for the season? Heard he had to have surgery!!!

As good a Stephenville is, they can't afford too many injuries and better be at the top of their game every week because they have a target on the middle of their chest. Alvarado is good enough to win if the Jackets slip just a little. Glen Rose proved that Stephenville is human and can be beat if a good team gets a few breaks.

Alvarado has been getting ready for this game all year and will be ready. My upset special this week has Alvarado winning 28-24!!!!!

First and most important, I hate to see anyone injured and #6 is a tough dude. He'll recover but probably out for the season.
Second, Stephenville just came off of a bye before playing GR. Other than #6 being out, Stephenville is healthy! There are at least 2 players to fill #6's spot.
Third, Stephenville has played a tougher schedule so far. I can see where you think this could be a negative blow for them thinking they'll be banged up a bit, but it's actually the opposite. It's made them tougher and helped prepare for the Glen Rose's, Avarado's, Abilene Wylie's etc...

They know Alvarado will be prepared and will know they will be tough. Trust me, know one in Stephenville truly is over looking Alvarado this week. It's going to be a hard hitting game for 4 quarters.

Jackets 38
indians 21

toddg
10-14-2012, 12:16 PM
http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/character/smiley-vault-character-302.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)
Ooooh that smell
Can't you smell that smell
Ooooh that smell
The smell of defeat surrounds you
Ooooh that smell
Can't you smell that smell
Ooooh that smell
The smell of defeat surrounds you

OldBison75
10-14-2012, 12:17 PM
I hope you are right about being ready. I am just basing my prediction on the fact that Alvarado has been looking forward to this game all year and will be fired up big time. This is the chance they have to be considered legitimate championship contenders. Stephenville is in the playoffs in Division 1 and will be a major force there. Alvarado has the chance to upset the Jackets and make everybody in Division 2 rethink the playoff picture.

On paper, Stephenville should win by two touchdowns, but on the field, with the way kids emotions and momentum swings on every play, if Alvarado can get a good start in this game, they will only get tougher to beat.

Ville-D
10-14-2012, 01:11 PM
All this fun and it is only Sunday. I just drove by the HS and the coaches are already hard at work.

toddg
10-14-2012, 01:16 PM
All this fun and it is only Sunday. I just drove by the HS and the coaches are already hard at work.

yep, cause they know our coaches are hard at work..the chess game part of it has begun.

defense51
10-14-2012, 01:17 PM
Summoning the aliens?

toddg
10-14-2012, 01:24 PM
imagine the amount of hours HS and JHS coaches put in...and i know at both schools, the coaches teach classes as well...thats a lot of red bulls!

hollywood
10-14-2012, 02:09 PM

Yep!! But check this thread out from 2010! This one is a legend! :D

177 pages and over 77,000 views.

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?109565-3A-Division-II-State-Semifinal-Brownwood-(14-0)-vs-Carthage-(12-2)&highlight=Brownwood+Carthage

83Indian
10-14-2012, 03:30 PM
Yep!! But check this thread out from 2010! This one is a legend! :D

177 pages and over 77,000 views.

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?109565-3A-Division-II-State-Semifinal-Brownwood-(14-0)-vs-Carthage-(12-2)&highlight=Brownwood+Carthage

One of us should recruit ROCKET!

Sville
10-14-2012, 04:28 PM
The Injuns should just start their 2nd string to avoid any injuries to their stud players. There is no drama in the outcome of this donkey stomp. The Jackets roll right over Alvaraduh.

Sville
10-14-2012, 04:30 PM
Well I take that back.. When you consider the "one man show" of Mr. Gray. Neither RBs will put up that number.. But when you put them together as a "team tandem" the Ill have to say yes. THUNDER AND LIGHTNING Is what the papers call them.. You will see true HEART this friday night.

Oh so you are saying the Jackets have no heart!?!?

toddg
10-14-2012, 04:38 PM
Oh so you are saying the Jackets have no heart!?!?

Jackets hate puppy dogs
http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13911/0035.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)poor little guy...

toddg
10-14-2012, 04:43 PM
The Injuns should just start their 2nd string to avoid any injuries to their stud players. There is no drama in the outcome of this donkey stomp. The Jackets roll right over Alvaraduh.

ya'll hate donkeys too? http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/12190/mulie.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)thats just shameful!!

hollywood
10-14-2012, 07:53 PM
Alvarillo, I mean Alvarado is in for a long long night. Their little ball control game is going to back fire so hard they'll wish they went to the spread this year. Balanced attacks always work best. Not, run right, run left, run up the middle. Gosh, so boring. And will get you beat when playing a team like Stephenville or even lil ole Chapel Hill!

defense51
10-14-2012, 08:05 PM
The spread offense is for powder puff football, that's where it originated and where it belongs. Real football teams establish the run and then work in the passing game.

toddg
10-14-2012, 08:13 PM
Alvarillo, I mean Alvarado is in for a long long night. Their little ball control game is going to back fire so hard they'll wish they went to the spread this year. Balanced attacks always work best. Not, run right, run left, run up the middle. Gosh, so boring. And will get you beat when playing a team like Stephenville or even lil ole Chapel Hill!

Come on Hollywood anyone that knows Alvarado knows our running game isn't THAT simple it's pretty diverse and includes the pass when needed..that same system has worked for Katy pretty well.

hollywood
10-14-2012, 08:17 PM
Come on Hollywood anyone that knows Alvarado knows our running game isn't THAT simple it's pretty diverse and includes the pass when needed..that same system has worked for Katy pretty well.

Who's Katy?

toddg
10-14-2012, 08:32 PM
Who's Katy? a 5A program with more and recent SCs than Ville and were the 1 defeat on Dodges 79-1 record on SLCs run

Sville
10-14-2012, 08:50 PM
a 5A program with more and recent SCs than Ville and were the 1 defeat on Dodges 79-1 record on SLCs run

Keep closing your eyes and clicking your heels Dorothy saying, "we are Katy, we are Katy, we are Katy."

ccmom
10-14-2012, 08:54 PM
Who's Katy?

That made me laugh. Smarty pants ;)

Hat42
10-14-2012, 09:00 PM

Alvarado has I am sure a great team but the Jackets will take it to a different level . They are the real deal for sure. Will win state this year. 35-14 final

toddg
10-14-2012, 09:02 PM
Keep closing your eyes and clicking your heels Dorothy saying, "we are Katy, we are Katy, we are Katy."

its just the program Alvarado's is patterned after and has proven success

hollywood
10-14-2012, 09:26 PM
its just the program Alvarado's is patterned after and has proven success

:rolleyes:

;)

hollywood
10-14-2012, 09:30 PM
a 5A program with more and recent SCs than Ville and were the 1 defeat on Dodges 79-1 record on SLCs run

How many SC's does Alvarillo have?

TXfootballboi!
10-14-2012, 09:52 PM
one its ALVARADO and two they have zero championships and made it to their first state game last year and lost 20-19 to the chapel hill bulldogs that same chapelhill bulldogs team that had a defense full of divsion one athletes and offense full of them too. you think that the way the move the ball is boring? so last year we didnt have a 3000 yard rusher... with the second highest yards of the year only to J.GRAY the same J.GRAY who beat the ville in the semi final game so nice try in saying that the offense they run is boring and wont work

toddg
10-14-2012, 09:56 PM
How many SC's does Alvarillo have?

exactly 0! 0-1 in SC games to date..

toddg
10-14-2012, 09:58 PM
:rolleyes:

;)http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/10172/talk2hand.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

TXfootballboi!
10-14-2012, 10:02 PM
so toddg are you for alvarado? cause your last comment makes it sound like you against them?

toddg
10-14-2012, 10:27 PM
so toddg are you for alvarado? cause your last comment makes it sound like you against them?

never against them, Alvarado 85'.. three boys in the school.. oldest on the freshman team, one on the 7th grd purple team and one just getting started in 2nd grd.
i use my real name in my handle....my statement was fact..doesnt diminish how good our program has been since the Wells debacle and the Great hire of Coach Dixon.

TXfootballboi!
10-14-2012, 10:33 PM
lol ok sorry just checking.. the ville dont know how hard those boys work.. they will be ready for the game. just like the chapel hill game they were ready and fought till the end and will do the same on friday

Ville-D
10-14-2012, 10:46 PM
Waco Connally...

The Alamo....

Made me LOL

Ville-D
10-14-2012, 10:56 PM
Just an outsiders opinion, but:

Alvarado will be a tougher defense for Stephenville than Glen Rose. However, I think the Alvarado offense will have trouble against the Stepehenville defense. They won't have a chance to win unless they can put together a strong passing attack. Alvarado will score, but they will have to grind out the yards the hard way.

Stephenville 28
Alvarado 14

You cannot pick it both ways. One side or the other. To put it in perspective for you... Just imagine it is Navasota vs Alvarado. It'll be sorta like that (only worse foe Alvarillo :taunt:)

Ville-D
10-14-2012, 11:00 PM
yep, cause they know our coaches are hard at work..the chess game part of it has begun.

I thought we were playing football. If it is Chess then my 3rg grader will tear some a$$ up on Friday night. He needs to gain a bit of weight for football, but he has been playing chess since about 5 years old.

defense51
10-14-2012, 11:02 PM
You cannot pick it both ways. One side or the other. To put it in perspective for you... Just imagine it is Navasota vs Alvarado. It'll be sorta like that (only worse foe Alvarillo :taunt:)

Maybe he's training to be a politician. :evilgrin:

Ville-D
10-14-2012, 11:03 PM
Summoning the aliens?

They are the aliens. http://elouai.com/images/yahoo/47.gif http://elouai.com/images/yahoo/48.gif

toddg
10-14-2012, 11:05 PM
I thought we were playing football. If it is Chess then my 3rg grader will tear some a$$ up on Friday night. He needs to gain a bit of weight for football, but he has been playing chess since about 5 years old.

i beat the computer regularly..so bring it little man!!

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-14-2012, 11:10 PM
Whos Mookie? Whats he done for ya lately?

OldBison75
10-14-2012, 11:11 PM
I can pick any way I want. I don't have a horse in the race and after the first week in our district it looks like Navasota will likely go Division 2 and won't get to see Stephenville. With that said, Stephenville has given up over 1000 yards rushing this year and lost a starting LB to injury last week. Alvarado has over 1500 yards rushing on the year. Alvarado's strength is Stephenville's weakness according to the stats from this year. You can throw all the tougher opponents crap you want out there, but, until you prove you can stop a good running team, it is what it is.

I think Stephenville would win 2 outta 3 against Alvarado, but I think that this week will be Alvarado's week. This is the week they prove to 3A that they are a legitimate contender.

defense51
10-14-2012, 11:11 PM
Since Hollywood refers to us as Alvorillo, I think it's only fitting to rename Stephenville as Sterileville for the remainder of this thread. STERILEVILLE :redX:

OldBison75
10-14-2012, 11:15 PM
Ville-D can be Bobby Hill Ville.

Ville-D
10-14-2012, 11:22 PM
Whos Mookie? Whats he done for ya lately?

Mookie Carlile

#13 Saftey 6'2" 190lbs

Very solid defender and hits hard. Started as a Sophomore.

toddg
10-14-2012, 11:24 PM
Since Hollywood refers to us as Alvorillo, I think it's only fitting to rename Stephenville as Sterileville for the remainder of this thread. STERILEVILLE :redX:

i like it!

Ville-D
10-14-2012, 11:25 PM
I can pick any way I want. I don't have a horse in the race and after the first week in our district it looks like Navasota will likely go Division 2 and won't get to see Stephenville. With that said, Stephenville has given up over 1000 yards rushing this year and lost a starting LB to injury last week. Alvarado has over 1500 yards rushing on the year. Alvarado's strength is Stephenville's weakness according to the stats from this year. You can throw all the tougher opponents crap you want out there, but, until you prove you can stop a good running team, it is what it is.

I think Stephenville would win 2 outta 3 against Alvarado, but I think that this week will be Alvarado's week. This is the week they prove to 3A that they are a legitimate contender.

OK. If we win then I guess you can say it was one of the other 2 weeks...

defense51
10-14-2012, 11:25 PM
Mookie Carlile

#13 Saftey 6'2" 190lbs

Very solid defender and hits hard. Started as a Sophomore.
I think he was a pre-season all state selection, wasn't he?

Ville-D
10-14-2012, 11:33 PM
I think he was a pre-season all state selection, wasn't he?

In DCTF he was 7-3A Pre-Season Defensive MVP
In FNF he was Pre-Season All State DB

Last year he was an All State DB selection in 4a as a sophomore (had 7 ints on the year)

OldBison75
10-14-2012, 11:34 PM
You will find that I make my picks based on the information available, not on hometown emotion. I may not always be right, but at least I am not afraid to be honest when making a pick and justifying the reason why. The stats I used in this pick were directly from your own site and from maxpreps, they were not made up. Alvarado will be as good a rushing team as any you have faced this year and defensively they are better than you think.

defense51
10-14-2012, 11:38 PM
Alvarado will be as good a rushing team as any you have faced this year and defensively they are better than you think.
:iagree::2thumbsup

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-14-2012, 11:43 PM
You will find that I make my picks based on the information available, not on hometown emotion. I may not always be right, but at least I am not afraid to be honest when making a pick and justifying the reason why. The stats I used in this pick were directly from your own site and from maxpreps, they were not made up. Alvarado will be as good a rushing team as any you have faced this year and defensively they are better than you think.
Oh Max Preps has #8 with 13 Tds.. He has 17.. they didnt add his 4 from Decatur....

TXfootballboi!
10-15-2012, 12:02 AM
that number 8 can run that ball... the ville will have a hard time containing him.. and then espically since the indians have add number 11 to the mix they will have a good night

Ville-D
10-15-2012, 12:24 AM

Don't know why you are defensive, I just wanted to be sure I knew what you were picking. Your opinion is very important to us... So for now I have you down for an Alvarado victory. I guess if you decide to filp-flop again then well... I guess it is a free country.

It is funny, most of the time one is right with their first impression.

Keep reading those tea leaves.

BTW, I hear that Navasota has great stats. What cupcake do y'all play this week?

OldBison75
10-15-2012, 12:40 AM
I'm not the defensive one. I picked the game close in the first place and changed after finding out about the injury to the linebacker. Just because i don't agree with you does not make me defensive. Hell, I don't agree with our president so I guess I am a traitor too. And, for the record, we play out toughest opponent this week. I hear that that group of men from BYE are vicious hitters and have a very prolific offense, second only to Stephenville.

OldBison75
10-15-2012, 12:47 AM
Oh, and the only stat that matters right now is Navasota 0 losses. I am pretty sure that my pick for the Rattlers this week will prove true and we will remain undefeated.

LHPfactory
10-15-2012, 01:27 AM
Wow, Sville sounds like 2006 Gilmer or 2009 Brownwood..... :):stirpot::stirpot::stirpot:

All smack aside, this should be a good game(I have a suspicious feeling Sville is gonna light Alvarado up), I hope Alvarado wins though, so when LH beats the Indians in the play offs we will own the Jackets also...

Alvarado better have a great plan with fantastic execution to pull off the win this Friday though....

toddg
10-15-2012, 02:08 AM
Wow, Sville sounds like 2006 Gilmer or 2009 Brownwood..... :):stirpot::stirpot::stirpot:

All smack aside, this should be a good game(I have a suspicious feeling Sville is gonna light Alvarado up), I hope Alvarado wins though, so when LH beats the Indians in the play offs we will own the Jackets also...

Alvarado better have a great plan with fantastic execution to pull off the win this Friday though....

if Alvarado and LH do meet in the playoffs..it will be the quikest game ever played.
there is always the possibility of getting lit up..thats true for any good match up..

though i think the Jackets O is close to unstoppable, they can be slowed down..and the key is solid defense and the OLine executing with effeciency for which i am very confident..it will be a 4 qtr. game no doubt.

Smitty
10-15-2012, 05:59 AM
Unless Alvarado stirs up some kind of passing game, it will be a long night for the Indians. Just ask Beaumont Ozen who has (supposedly) this impressive D1 college running back.....hmmm the Ville held Ozen to 8 yards total offense on the ground. Glen Rose has a team that can run and throw, now thats the type of team that can give the Jackets trouble. If all things shake out where Glen Rose and Navasota meet in the Div11 playoffs my money will be on Glen Rose......by a bunch!

Sville
10-15-2012, 06:47 AM
Wrong and wrong OldBison, a one dimensional team will not beat Sville. The Jackets are very good against the run I don't care what numbers you throw out there. We ain't been playing sisters of the blind unlike the baby rattlers. It is also lucky for you that yall are going D2. Navasota reminds me of the 3A version of Brenham, always full of good players but can't ever deliver.

Now back to the regular scheduled programming, these Katyrado fans crack me up. They must think they are the only team in the state that works hard, wants to win bad, and plays with heart.

franz
10-15-2012, 08:07 AM
I'm not the defensive one. I picked the game close in the first place and changed after finding out about the injury to the linebacker. Just because i don't agree with you does not make me defensive. Hell, I don't agree with our president so I guess I am a traitor too. And, for the record, we play out toughest opponent this week. I hear that that group of men from BYE are vicious hitters and have a very prolific offense, second only to Stephenville.

OldBison, Ville-D is sensative about the porous defense he is named after, so don;t say anything to hurt his feelings.

Sville
10-15-2012, 08:13 AM
OldBison, Ville-D is sensative about the porous defense he is named after, so don;t say anything to hurt his feelings.

It looks like yall lucked out and Big Springs is going to make the playoffs! Thank goodness for yall they have another Tannehill or it would be a short playoff run.

jason
10-15-2012, 08:18 AM

they managed to beat lavega and amarillo, two pretty good rushing teams...i don't know that those two teams threw 15 passes combined vs stephenville....

the Ville 89
10-15-2012, 08:24 AM
Now back to the regular scheduled programming, these Katyrado fans crack me up. They must think they are the only team in the state that works hard, wants to win bad, and plays with heart.

Amen Brotha!!!

defense51
10-15-2012, 08:33 AM

Sterileville has given up 131 points this season, and watching the video from Glen Rose the defense is a little slow to react and had to make alot of diving tackles. The offense is no doubt championship caliber, but I wasn't impressed with the Jackets D.

Sville
10-15-2012, 08:41 AM
Sterileville has given up 131 points this season, and watching the video from Glen Rose the defense is a little slow to react and had to make alot of diving tackles. The offense is no doubt championship caliber, but I wasn't impressed with the Jackets D.

You won't get any argument from me about the Glen Rose game. Coach Dunn had a great game plan and made us look silly at times. They were the first good passing team we have faced and It showed. We have done well against ground based teams this year.

jason
10-15-2012, 08:42 AM

that was the first time they played a team that spread it out as well as they did so that might have had something to do with it (they shut down lavega and amarillo, who are both primarily run teams), glen rose was better than i thought, their QB is good.
before this game, they were only giving up (i think) around 19-20 points per game, which isn't bad.

it was funny watching #9 rumble down the field while our guys just bounced off of him - they finally realized they have to go low to get him down.

TXfootballboi!
10-15-2012, 08:47 AM
yea that number 9 from glen rose won state in powerlifting thats why its hard for anybody to bring him down. but dont think to lightly of navasota. they did take chapel hill last year to about the closing mins of the 4th qtr so i know the rattlers are hungry and want to win as much as the ville does and they can throw that ball too!

Ville-D
10-15-2012, 09:43 AM

Never said you needed to agree with me, I just think it is funny when people post 2 scores in forums. I guess that way you have all the bases covered. And yes we lost a great kid Friday night when Logan (#6) hurt his knee, but we have the advantage of having depth and there are kids waiting in line to step in and fill that position. And we have 3 more games to get him 12 quarters of game experience before the playoffs. Don't worry about the Ville Defense we'll be fine.

Does anybody have the stats for what Glen Rose was averaging offensively coming into the Stephenville game?

toddg
10-15-2012, 09:44 AM
that was the first time they played a team that spread it out as well as they did so that might have had something to do with it (they shut down lavega and amarillo, who are both primarily run teams), glen rose was better than i thought, their QB is good.
before this game, they were only giving up (i think) around 19-20 points per game, which isn't bad.

it was funny watching #9 rumble down the field while our guys just bounced off of him - they finally realized they have to go low to get him down.

yeah..i was checking out the stats of the LaVega game and thought to myself..."they really shut them down, didnt they?" of course my impression was probably skewed by the "hi-lite" reel!

Sville
10-15-2012, 09:57 AM
Glen Rose avg
237.3 rush
271.2 pass
508.5 total
46.8 points

franz
10-15-2012, 10:04 AM
Never said you needed to agree with me, I just think it is funny when people post 2 scores in forums. I guess that way you have all the bases covered. And yes we lost a great kid Friday night when Logan (#6) hurt his knee, but we have the advantage of having depth and there are kids waiting in line to step in and fill that position. And we have 3 more games to get him 12 quarters of game experience before the playoffs. Don't worry about the Ville Defense we'll be fine.

Does anybody have the stats for what Glen Rose was averaging offensively coming into the Stephenville game?

Judging by Glen Rose's previous games, looks like Stephenville defense is on par with China Spring and Mineral Wells.

the Ville 89
10-15-2012, 10:42 AM
Judging by Glen Rose's previous games, looks like Stephenville defense is on par with China Spring and Mineral Wells.

Everyone's got jokes today... ha ha ha

ccmom
10-15-2012, 10:43 AM
Indians...

Do you have passing stats for West for the season to date that you could post? I keep hearing that you have to be able to pass to have a chance against S'ville, so I was just curious as to how much West has gone to the pass this season and with how much success.

toddg
10-15-2012, 10:50 AM
Indians...

Do you have passing stats for West for the season to date that you could post? I keep hearing that you have to be able to pass to have a chance against S'ville, so I was just curious as to how much West has gone to the pass this season and with how much success.

6 td 5 int. (not official)

ccmom
10-15-2012, 11:05 AM
6 td 5 int. (not official)

Interesting:thinking:

Thanks for the info. I'd like to be able to watch this one.

hollywood
10-15-2012, 11:08 AM
Just to recap the GR/SV game. GR has just about as potent offense as SV. The difference was SV's defense. Bend but don't break. SV's D-line is hard to handle. Very physical and fast.

AV folks, go ask your coaches who scouted the game what they thought about both SV and GR? I bet they'll tell you something you won't like to hear.

hollywood
10-15-2012, 11:12 AM

Oldbison, your going off of stats again? Thanks for your unbiased input. It's going to be a hard hitting game that's for sure. Come back and give us your thoughts after the game. Interesting to hear what you'll have to input then. :thinking:

Ville-D
10-15-2012, 11:32 AM
I wasn't impressed with the Jackets D.

You are right. We are weak. You should easily score as many as you want.

Ville-D
10-15-2012, 11:35 AM
Interesting:thinking:

Thanks for the info. I'd like to be able to watch this one.

I'll save you a seat, provide the a flask of your preferred beverage and let you borrow an official "Can Fan" can to shake. Come on down.

Ville-D
10-15-2012, 11:38 AM
i beat the computer regularly..so bring it little man!!

Are you challenging my 9 year old or me?

defense51
10-15-2012, 11:50 AM
You are right. We are weak. You should easily score as many as you want.

Never said weak, just stated what I saw in the video and that I wasn't impressed. I gave your offense props and said they were championship caliber. What I saw on the defensive side just wasn't impressive, I think we can score on your defense and control the game enough to keep the ball out of your QB's hands and limit your chances of scoring.

defense51
10-15-2012, 11:52 AM
I'll save you a seat, provide the a flask of your preferred beverage and let you borrow an official "Can Fan" can to shake. Come on down.

You'll need a strong beverage to deal with all the crying on the visitors side Friday night. :weeping: :crying: :bigcry:

ccmom
10-15-2012, 11:54 AM

I'll be watching the Bulldogs vs the "Gringos" Friday. Could y'all possibly move this one to Saturday and preferably in a larger, more comfortable stadium that is closer to me? That would be awesome!!

toddg
10-15-2012, 11:54 AM
Just to recap the GR/SV game. GR has just about as potent offense as SV. The difference was SV's defense. Bend but don't break. SV's D-line is hard to handle. Very physical and fast.

AV folks, go ask your coaches who scouted the game what they thought about both SV and GR? I bet they'll tell you something you won't like to hear.

i did! and i liked what they had to say..you think they havent scouted good football teams before? we know what we are facing, we knew it 6 months ago..its no secret how good Sterilville's offense is...and the Indian defense is looking fwd to the challenge, as is our offense..what do you want us to do? send flowers?

toddg
10-15-2012, 11:57 AM
Are you challenging my 9 year old or me? im dang good on chess titens! so both!

GrTigers6
10-15-2012, 11:57 AM
Obviously the key to shutting down Stephenvilles offense is keeping them off the field. I dont know of a defense that can shut them down. Slow them down maybe, which we did until the last few minutes of the game. They scored 28 in the first half to 13 in the second against our defense, And most of that was ball control for us. We just missed the opportunity to cash in and then they finished us off. Had we taken the lead with 6 minutes to go. who knows how we could of reacted defensively we may have held them having the momentum back or stephenville could have managed a drive to win it. There is no way to know.
I havent seen the time of possesion stats for the second half but I bet it was in our favor. The difference being the lead they built in the first half and the depth they have to finish off teams

COBRAFOOTBALL
10-15-2012, 12:00 PM
Obviously the key to shutting down Stephenvilles offense is keeping them off the field. I dont know of a defense that can shut them down. Slow them down maybe, which we did until the last few minutes of the game. They scored 28 in the first half to 13 in the second against our defense, And most of that was ball control for us. We just missed the opportunity to cash in and then they finished us off. Had we taken the lead with 6 minutes to go. who knows how we could of reacted defensively we may have held them having the momentum back or stephenville could have managed a drive to win it. There is no way to know.
I havent seen the time of possesion stats for the second half but I bet it was in our favor. The difference being the lead they built in the first half and the depth they have to finish off teams
:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:

defense51
10-15-2012, 12:12 PM
I'll be watching the Bulldogs vs the "Gringos" Friday. Could y'all possibly move this one to Saturday and preferably in a larger, more comfortable stadium that is closer to me? That would be awesome!!

Doesn't take much to make ccmom happy... :thinking:

Ville-D
10-15-2012, 12:19 PM
im dang good on chess titens! so both!

Did you end up getting an iPhone? If so install Chess with Friends (its free) and we can get it on. If not we can go at this another way.

toddg
10-15-2012, 12:34 PM
Did you end up getting an iPhone? If so install Chess with Friends (its free) and we can get it on. If not we can go at this another way.

yeah..i couldnt pass on getting the 4s for $99! ill install the app at first oppertunity..in about an hour!

hollywood
10-15-2012, 12:35 PM

You'll have the same opinion about Alvarillo's defense after Stephenville gets through with them. And let's not forget Glen Rose. They'll make the Alvarillo D look the same! Future not looking bright for you guys, even through your purple haze!

hollywood
10-15-2012, 12:40 PM

:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:

Let's not forget that it took almost a miracle from GR to pull off an upset. Onside kicks, trick plays, a few extra corriculer fowls by Stephenville that kept Glen Rose in the game. Enough "what if's" for an entire season! lol

hollywood
10-15-2012, 12:42 PM
Is Stephenville beatable? Absolutely! Stephenville will get everyone's best game each week. Does Stephenville know this? Absolutely! Bring it!!

toddg
10-15-2012, 12:51 PM
Is Stephenville beatable? Absolutely! Stephenville will get everyone's best game each week. Does Stephenville know this? Absolutely! Bring it!!

WE WILL!http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/12170/friday-funny-smiley-face-sign.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

defense51
10-15-2012, 12:53 PM
You'll have the same opinion about Alvarillo's defense after Stephenville gets through with them. And let's not forget Glen Rose. They'll make the Alvarillo D look the same! Future not looking bright for you guys, even through your purple haze!
Hollywood, the only thing not looking bright in the Indians future is the teams left standing in our shadows. Sterileville had better be well prepared to score as quickly as possible, their chances will be few and short lived. If your scared, just say it. The first step to overcoming your fear is admitting it...

toddg
10-15-2012, 01:10 PM

excuse me..http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/10001/urinal-smiley.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)...now what were you saying?

Ville-D
10-15-2012, 01:46 PM
Hollywood, the only thing not looking bright in the Indians future is the teams left standing in our shadows. Sterileville had better be well prepared to score as quickly as possible, their chances will be few and short lived. If your scared, just say it. The first step to overcoming your fear is admitting it...

I'm scared. I hear the parking is bad and on the FNR some of the forums supposed concession stand workers from the visitor side are threatening to do stuff to our food.

jason
10-15-2012, 01:47 PM
won't get to see this game, kind of disappointed.
will have to listen to boots on the radio...oh well....

Sville
10-15-2012, 01:49 PM
won't get to see this game, kind of disappointed.
will have to listen to boots on the radio...oh well....

Don't tell me you're are going to miss it b/c of TSU's Homecoming Bonfire?

Ville-D
10-15-2012, 01:51 PM
Go Alvarada, 3 more votes and you will have choked that chicken. At least you can win the poll and some random marching contests.

Sville
10-15-2012, 01:53 PM
I'll give Katyrado this, I haven't been this pumped about a game since Aledo. It is b/c of the fan interaction, good team and good fans make for an exciting game atmosphere. Alvarado has both.

defense51
10-15-2012, 01:57 PM
I'm scared. I hear the parking is bad and on the FNR some of the forums supposed concession stand workers from the visitor side are threatening to do stuff to our food.

I'm sure they will put as much love and care into preparing your food as your very own grandmother would. But if you're still leary, find me at the game and I'll get you something from the Winner's side concession stand.

toddg
10-15-2012, 02:10 PM

the parking is not the best...but dont worry about the concessions, the Band boosters are good folks, i highly doubt the douche bags on FNR have anything to do with anything in relation to the game or the facilities...if you do have any problems let me, cobra, defense51, or 83indian know and we will take care of it!!